нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The new issue of Wizard Magazine included some new information about the second season, mistakingly labelled the "Season Three" in the magazine, of Justice League.

According to the magazine, in comic shops now, the new episode "Twilight" will air at 8pm (ET) on July 5th, 2003, and will be preceeded with four episodes of Superman: The Animated Series, likely the two part "Apokolips...Now!" and the two part "Legacy." In "Twilight," Darkseid asks Superman and the Justice League for help protecting Apokolips from a powerful enemy.

The article also revealed some information on a couple of the new episodes coming up. Among the upcoming episodes include a Harley-Quinn/Joker escapade in Las Vegas, the return of Vandal Savage, and a special Christmas episode.

The article also states that Superman will be returned to his "full granduer." Also included is an episode guide for the first season of Justice League.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toon Disney highlights both Donald Duck's birthday and Friday the 13th with special programming during June.

On Sunday, June 8, the network will broadcast an all-duck marathon to mark Donald's birthday. Episodes of DuckTales, Quack Pack, and Disney's House of Mouse will be broadcast from 6:00am through 1:00pm ET/PT. Then on Friday, June 13, Toon Disney will broadcast a Gargoyle marathon from 9:00pm until 3:00am.

The network will also broadcast Disney classic features Dumbo and Robin Hood.

Marathon and movie schedules follow:

Sunday, June 8
6:00am DuckTales "Top Duck"
6:30am DuckTales "Scrooge's Pet"
7:00am Quack Pack "Captain Donald"
7:30am Quack Pack "The Late Donald Duck"
8:00am DuckTales "Scrooge's Last Adventure"
8:30am DuckTales "One Upon a Dime"
9:00am Quack Pack "Leader of the Quack"
9:30am Quack Pack "Can't Take a Yolk"
10:00am DuckTales "Back to the Klondike"
10:30am DuckTales "Ducky Mountain High"
11:00am Disney's House of Mouse "Donald Wants to Fly"
11:30am Disney's House of Mouse "Donald and the Aracuan Bird"
12:00pm Disney's House of Mouse "Three Caballeros"
12:30pm Disney's House of Mouse "Micky & Minnie's Big Vacation"

Friday, June 13
9:00pm Gargoyles "Avalon, Part 1"
9:30pm Gargoyles "Avalon, Part 2"
10:00pm Gargoyles "Avalon, Part 3"
10:30pm Gargoyles "Shadows of the Past"
11:00pm Gargoyles "Heritage"
11:30pm Gargoyles "Kingdom"
12:00am Gargoyles "Monsters"
12:30am Gargoyles "Golem"
1:00am Gargoyles "Sanctuary"
1:30am Gargoyles "Grief"
2:00am Gargoyles "The Hound of Ulster"
2:30am Gargoyles "Walkabout"

Movie Schedule
Dumbo: Friday, June 6 (5:00pm., ET/PT); Saturday, June 7 (11:00am, ET/PT)
Robin Hood: Friday, June 6 (7:00pm, ET/PT); Saturday, June 7 (1:00pm, ET/PT)
The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock: Friday, June 13 (5:00pm, ET/PT); Saturday, June 14 (11:00am, ET/PT)
The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire: Friday, June 13 (7:00pm, ET/PT); Saturday, June 14 (1:00pm, ET/PT)
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins: Friday, June 20 (5:00pm, ET/PT); Saturday, June 20 (11:00am, ET/PT)
Hans Christian Andersen's Thumbelina: Friday, June 20 (7:00pm, ET/PT); Saturday, June 21 (1:00pm, ET/PT)
The Swan Princess III and the Mystery of the Enchanted Treasure: Friday, June 27 (5:00pm, ET/PT); Saturday, June 28 (11:00am, ET/PT)
The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea: Friday, June 27 (7:00pm, ET/PT); Saturday, June 28 (1:00pm, ET/PT)

Cartoon Network's May schedule will be marked by marathons, world television premieres, and new episodes of returning series, the network says.

In addition to the previously announced Mothers' Day "Wilma-thon," Cartoon Network will broadcast a Memorial Day Movie Marathon, running on Monday, May 26, from 10:00am (ET/PT) to 10:00pm (ET/PT). Featured films: An American Tail (10:00am); An American Tail III: The Treasure of Manhattan Island (12:00pm); Balto (2:00pm); Balto II: Wolf Quest (4:00pm); The Iron Giant (6:00pm); and The Powerpuff Girls Movie (8:00pm).

The Powerpuff Girls Movie will make its world television debut, playing on four consecutive nights: Friday, May 23 through Monday, May 26, at 8:00pm (ET/PT). The theatrical animated feature explains the origins of the pint-sized superheroes and their first battle with Mojo Jojo.

Three returning series will unveil new episodes. A two-part Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, "Deadomutt," will ask if feathers burn or melt as the winged superhero-turned-lawyer faces the death penalty after being accused of a crime he probably didn't commit. Part one will air Sunday, May 25, at 11:00pm (ET/PT) and part two on Sunday, June 1, at 11:00pm (ET/PT). Meanwhile, brand-new episodes of Dexter's Laboratory will debut every Friday night in May at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT) with a replay at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT), and new episodes of Samurai Jack will air on Saturday evenings at 8:00pm (ET/PT).

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Apr 30, 2003 6:11 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hollywood Reporter states the home video debut of the Disney cartoon Treasure Planet, a high-profile flop at the box office last year, got off to a fairly good start Tuesday on VHS and DVD, selling more than one million combined units its first day in release, according to industry sources.

If one day sales estimates of Treasure Planet topping 1 million combined units is accurate, then the sales could have already outperformed the $40 million domestic box office gross.

The family adventure, featuring the voices of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, David Hyde Pierce,and Emma Thompson, is a retelling of the classic Treasure Island tale.

Despite the disappointing theatrical run of Treasure Planet, which cost a reported $140 million to make, family movies have always faired well on home video, usually outperforming the theatrical run over time. DVD sales on family-oriented movies have seen enormous profit. Movies such as Shrek, Ice Age and Lilo & Stitch continue to bring in healthy sales numbers.

Disney is revisiting a classic fable for their next animated feature, a CGI-Animated movie called Rapunzel.

Variety reports that sibling scribes Adam and Melanie Wilson have been hired to write the animated adaptation for Walt Disney Feature Animation. Past credits for the sibling writers include Evergone, a dramatic fantasy about a boy's journey into the Bermuda Triangle in hopes of finding his long-lost father.

PostThu May 01, 2003 1:00 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
John Leguizamo has signed on with Spike TV (formerly The New TNN) to create Zilch and Zero, a half-hour animated special geared to the 18-34-year-old male to whom the network now caters.

According to Media Week, the series will follow the lives of two video palace slackers and best friends who critique film releases and talk entertainment trivia all day. The special will likely premiere in the fall, although no specific time and date has been announced.

As previously reported, Spike TV will be launching an adult animation block June 26 at 10:00 p.m., including series Ren and Stimpy, Stripperella and Gary the Rat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sunday, June 15, Cartoon Network will present a "Father's Day: My Dad's Gone Crazy" marathon from 12:00pm to 7:00pm.

The crazy dads to be featured include Dexter's dad, The Professor (The Powerpuff Girls), Eustace (Courage the Cowardly Dog), Fred Flintstone and George Jetson.

Here is the marathon lineup. All times are Eastern

12:00pm Dexter's Laboratory: "The Muffin King"
12:30pm The Powerpuff Girls: "Power Professor"
1:00pm The Flintstones: "Daddies Anonymous"
1:30pm The Jetsons: "Elroy's Pal"
2:00pm The Powerpuff Girls: "Supper Villain"
2:30pm Courage The Cowardly Dog: "Shirley the Medium"
3:00pm Dexter's Laboratory: "A Dad Cartoon"
3:30pm The Flintstones: "Fred's Monkeyshines"
4:00pm The Powerpuff Girls: "Telephonies"
4:30pm Dexter's Laboratory: "Ham Hocks n' Arm Locks"
5:00pm The Jetsons: "A Date With Jet Screamer"
5:30pm Courage The Cowardly Dog: "King Ramses' Curse"
6:00pm Dexter's Laboratory: "Snowdown"
6:30pm The Powerpuff Girls: "Film Flam"

PostTue May 06, 2003 8:30 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Comics2Film's Rob Worley caught up with Sam Register, Cartoon Network senior vice president of original animation, to discuss the much anticipated Teen Titans animated series, premiering July 19th, 2003, at 9pm (ET).

Despite what early press releases have stated, Teen Titans will not be a show set in the future, with the team facing intergalactic monsters and cosmic threats. Instead, the main villian will be a familair foe from the comics, a renamed 'Deathstroke, The Terminator,' now called 'Slade.'

"The villains stay local. The world is never in peril," Register told Worley. "You can see that for real on CNN. So, on Cartoon Network we wanted to make the conflict more like your friendly neighborhood Teen Titans. We stayed away from Deathstroke, The Terminator because it's bad for kids. What's cool about him is, he's sort of the bad Batman."

The series will also be keeping the characters in costume the entire time, not dealing with the ramifications of the non-costumed life.

"We're not doing alter egos," Register told Worley. "They walk around town in their suits. They go to movies dressed as super heroes. Everyone sees them as super heroes. The go to a party as super heroes. They're super heroes full time."

Pixar Animation Studios earned $8.2 million in the first quarter of 2003, the company announced, down almost 50% from earnings of $15.6 million in the same quarter last year. Revenues fell to $18.7 million from $37.1 million.

Quarterly comparisons suffered because the company did not have a major film in release this year, Pixar said. First quarter results in 2002 benefited from the strong international box-office performance of Monsters, Inc., while current quarter results mostly reflected revenues from the film's licensing to domestic pay television, as well as revenues from the worldwide home video sales of Pixar’s other titles.

“We are very pleased with our performance in the first quarter, and we're on the edge of our seats for the release of Finding Nemo in 23 days," said Pixar CEO Steve Jobs. "Finding Nemo, our studio's fifth feature film, tells an exciting, funny and emotional story, and is the most visually stunning animated film ever produced.”

With the completion of Finding Nemo, Pixar is placed to either negotiate a new distribution arrangement with long-time partner Walt Disney or strike a distribution pact with another company. Jobs declined to comment on the company's plans.

PostThu May 08, 2003 12:12 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
According to The Los Angeles Times, George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, has launched a new division in his company - Lucasfilm Animation. The new animation branch will will help crack the lucrative digital animation business.

The new animation division give him the freedom to generate his own full-length computer-generated cartoons, it will also provide a separate identity and more autonomy to a digital animation group that had been part of Lucas' special effects powerhouse, Industrial Light & Magic. This is expected to speed up the process of any animated project Lucasfilm Animation works on.

Lucas' spokeswoman Lynn Hale cautioned that the animation unit is still in its infancy and doesn't yet have its first project lined up. Currently, the staff includes what was ILM's nine-person animation development team. The staff is expected to grow to include some of ILM's pool of 1,200 effects wizards and from the animation community at large. The unit will no longer be constrained by scheduling demands at ILM, which creates digital effects for many of Hollywood's biggest productions.

PostMon May 12, 2003 11:59 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Talent Medley Draws First Sony Animation Toon Slate
Fri May 9, 2003 04:04 AM ET
By Josh Spector
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - A year after its creation, Sony Pictures Animation has unveiled its initial development slate, featuring five computer-animated projects to be spearheaded by a group of directors whose past work includes such blockbusters as 'The Lion King,' 'Monsters, Inc.' and 'Shrek.'

The projects include adaptations of the cartoon 'Open Season' and the children's book 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs,' the Celtic folk ballad-inspired 'Tam Lin,' a 'Romeo and Juliet'-inspired story called 'Surf's Up!' and a feature-length version of the Academy Award-winning short film 'The ChubbChubbs!'

Sony formed its animation division in May 2002 in an effort to compete against similar units at the Walt Disney Co., DreamWorks and Fox and take advantage of its Sony Pictures Imageworks visual effects facility, which has more than 500 staffers. It is headed by DreamWorks alumnae Sandra Rabins and Penney Finkelman Cox.

'Our goal was to find unique voices that had stories to tell,' said Rabins. 'We're not trying to brand Sony animation as revolving around one type of storyteller or one type of story, and we don't want to develop just one look which all our films share. Our hope is that each movie will be very unique.'

Although Sony executives expect each project to have its own distinct look and feel, they hope the common thread will be a broad-based appeal.

'It's important to us that we keep the notion that we are working for a very broad audience, something that every member of a family can enjoy,' said Finkelman Cox. 'That was a very rewarding process for us when we worked on 'Shrek,' and we'd like to have the same kind of results. We want to create films that are attractive to a wide audience. That's our hope and our ambition.'

Full article at http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2711061
PostWed May 14, 2003 3:47 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm glad for Sony, but I fear that the may face the same fate as all others who oppose the big D. Though if they can manage to hold their own and make some successful pictures the competition could boost the animation industry significantly.
PostWed May 14, 2003 7:51 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since I couldn't find Tyler, I attended the ADV panel at Anime Central. Smile
New Acquisitions announced:
Gun Crazy (live-action)
Happy Lesson, both TV and OVA
Nuku Nuku TV

Trailers shown:
Nuku Nuku Dash
Orphen, Season 2
Zaion a.k.a. I Wish You Were Here

Also shown was a side-by-side comparison of their old Genesis Climber Mospeada masters and the RESTORED masters they'll be using for their upcoming release. Nice, just like Macross. Cool

Yes, I did take notes. Wink

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSun May 18, 2003 1:31 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe I should start a new thread on this. But I have only seen the Robotech version of Genesis climber. I haven't seen the normal version. I would imagine that Carl Macek made the most changes to the plot of Genesis Climber then to either of the either series.

In short can you give me the differences between the two or point me to a website that does.
PostSun May 18, 2003 5:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Martha Scott, who provided the voice of Mrs. Arable in the 1973 animated feature Charlotte's Web and its just-released direct-to-video sequel, has died at the age of ninety.

Friday's "Hollywood Report" in the print edition of the Wall Street Journal says that Lil' Pimp, an R-rated flash-animated feature film that was originally set for a July release, has suffered major production problems and will likely go straight to DVD instead.

David Alvarez, best known for his rubbery, animated renditions of the Looney Tunes characters in D.C. Comics' monthly publication, has recently created a web site for his original cartoon creations. Alvarez has self-publised the comic adventures of Changuy, a crime fighting crow, in Puerto Rico since the early 1990's. If you are a fan of his work for Looney Tunes, you'll like this website . It's a shame the Changuy comic is not available in the U.S.

http://www.changuy.com/index.html

Last edited by Spookmonkey on Sat May 31, 2003 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSat May 31, 2003 9:12 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Takayuki Matsutani, president of Astro Boy-producer Tezuka Productions, is profiled by asahi.com. He talks about the history of Astro Boy, the new series, and his fight to keep an upcoming feature-film version true to the character.

Quote:
Tetsuwan Atomu had been loved by generations of youngsters for half a century, and Matsutani wasn't about to let him be reduced to a mindless automaton.

"It wasn't an issue of money. First and foremost, I wanted them to understand the true character of the robot Astro Boy. I sent 20 Tetsuwan Atomu books to the character planning department and asked them all to read them,'' he says.

The negotiations to ensure controlling rights in the production process ran through more than 20 or more sessions with the movie company. Finally, four photographs of the original Tetsuwan Atomu were attached to the contract, which required Tezuka Productions to approve the look and character of Astro Boy in the movie and gave it the right to make revisions at three different stages.

Matsutani also negotiated a share of future earnings that he describes as "in excess of the usual parameters.''

In fact, he says, the American lawyer he dealt with over the contract told him he had rarely come across such a tough negotiator.

"That was because I wouldn't give an inch on the fundamental points that Tezuka was trying to make ... the coexistence of humanity and a machine civilization,'' Matsutani explains.

PostSat May 31, 2003 9:13 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Warner Bros. has opened the official website for Looney Tunes: Back In Action. The movie will open November 14th, 2003.

http://looneytunesbackinaction.warnerbros.com/

Animation Insider says George Lowe (Space Ghost himself) was at JACON in Orlando, and that he spilled some very interesting beans about the upcoming DVD release of the series. Hint: It looks like it won't just be a "Best of" collection we'll be getting...

Animation historian Michael Barrier's interviews with the great artists in classic animation have been published and referred to in dozens of animation history books over the years, and have become the source of much of the information we know about the likes of Bob Clampett and Ward Kimball today.

Many people may not realize that they were originally conducted as early as the late 1960's and were featured in Barrier's publication Funnyworld, a precursor to the animation magazines and websites of today.

Barrier's new internet site will publish several of these online in the future, and it currently features an infamous Chuck Jones interview in its entirety. This website is worth a look for the Jones piece alone, because Chuck had some very insightful opinions on animation that will ring very true with many fans and animators today.

Make like the Road Runner and "Beep Beep! Zip! Bang!" over to this new site and take a look.

http://www.michaelbarrier.com/index.html

PostSat May 31, 2003 9:15 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has an article on the explosion of adult-oriented animation on cable. Adult Swim on Cartoon Network is leading the charge, but other channels are quickly following.

Quote:
South Park's home channel, Comedy Central, has another cartoon in the works for fall with the working title Kid Notorious, based on the life of entertainer Robert Evans. And it just greenlighted its House Arrest animated interstitials to be repackaged into a full-fledged show.

And 2004 will bring animated series from Sci Fi Channel (Tripping the Rift), Nick at Nite (Bill Cosby's Fatherhood ), another from Cartoon Network (Venture Brothers) and a computer-animated series about lions, Father of the Pride, on NBC. Animation-minded grown-ups, in other words, have a lot to look forward to.

Why is animation so popular suddenly so popular? Bottom-line, says the article: Cartoons are quirky, can run forever, and often generate tons of ancillary merchandise.

Michael Barrier, editor of Funnyworld and author of Hollywood Cartoons: American Animation in Its Golden Age, has a new website.

http://www.michaelbarrier.com/index.html

For information on the upcoming Ghostbusters comic revival, check out the Ghostbusters dotnet website, as well as the website for the studio handling the new comic series, 88 MPH Studios. 88 MPH Studios will be responsible for developing comic books, graphic novels, art books and trade paperbacks, posters, lithographs and wall scrolls. Products will be available through comic book stores in the United States and Canada beginning this fall.

http://www.ghostbusters.net/article/69/
http://www.88mphstudios.com/

The website Coming Soon! reports that Brad Bird's first Pixar movie The Incredibles will hit the big screen on November 5, 2004.

http://www.comingsoon.net/

PostSat May 31, 2003 9:20 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
This summer, McDonald's Happy Meals will come with Finding Nemo toys, the restaurant company says.

Eight character toys will be distributed with Happy Meals starting this Friday, May 30, to coincide with the premiere of the new Pixar/Disney animated film. Each toy will light up or make noises when touched, and when submerged in water will squirt water.

McDonald's is also launching its own "find Nemo" promotion, with images of the lost fish hidden in posters or trays at participating McDonald's restaurants. In exchange for helping to find Nemo, McDonald's crewmembers will reward guests with a colorful Finding Nemo sticker, while supplies last.

McDonald's has also launched a secret website, whose address can be found buried within various McDonald's television commercials that will begin airing this Friday. The first 100 guests who log on and find Nemo will receive a voucher for free movie tickets and McDonald's gift certificates. All online participants will be entered for a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip for four to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

The various activities and sweepstakes will run through June 26, 2003 at participating McDonald's restaurants, while supplies last.

(yes I know that it started yesterday)

the producers of PBS's Arthur have begun pre-production on a spinoff series, Postcards from Buster. The new series, which will blend animation and live-action footage, will premiere as part of the PBS Kids weekday lineup in fall 2004.

The series has Buster accompanying his airline pilot father as he flies the fictional Latin rock group Los Viajeros on a concert tour of the United States, with forays into Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Buster will stay in touch with his friends back home via a small, hand-held digital video camera. These first-person video "postcards," to be narrated by Buster, will be in the form of live-action, P.O.V.-style footage of the places visited in the show.

"It's important for children to experience cultures different from their own," says WGBH executive producer Carol Greenwald. "Putting Buster on the road and immersing him in real-life settings via the live-action 'postcards' is a perfect vehicle to teach children about the rich and complex cultural life that exists across America."

Along with promoting multicultural understanding, the series, targeted at six- to eight-year-olds, will promote literacy, language and communication skills, with a special emphasis on non-native English speakers. The show will have its own Web site on pbskids.org where users will be able to share actively in Buster's adventures, and there will also be an extensive educational outreach program that corresponds to the launch of the series.

Viewers can get a sneak preview of Postcards from Buster, including its new animation/live-action format, during the upcoming eighth season of Arthur. In the episode "Postcards from Buster," Arthur's family accompanies Buster to New York City, where Buster meets up with his father to begin their journey with Los Viajeros.

The series is a joint production of WGBH Boston Marc Brown Studios, and CINAR Corporation.

PostSat May 31, 2003 9:22 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toon Zone has learned that the second season of Kim Possible will begin airing on July 18th. 8 consecutive weeks of new episodes will be airing every Friday. Before that, a marathon of all first season episodes will air. Below are descriptions of the marathon and of the new second season episodes.

Kim Possible Kountdown

Saturday, July 12th (12:00 pm to 10:30 pm ET/PT)
The summer-long Kim Possible event, “New and Kim-Proved,” kicks off with all 21 episodes of the first season. Throughout the month of June, Disney Channel viewers will vote for their favorite episodes at DisneyChannel.com. On Saturday, July 12, the results will be revealed as favorite episodes air, counted down from #21 to #1. Viewers will also get their first look at a brand new music video for the song “Say the Word” sung by Kim Possible (Christy Carlson Romano) as well as the premiere of the International music video for the “Kim Possible” theme song, “Call Me, Beep Me.”

New Episodes

Friday, July 18 (6:30 pm ET/PT)
2-06 – “Naked Genius” – After a brain ray makes Rufus super intelligent, he aces Ron’s schoolwork making Ron look like a super genius. This leads to Drakken kidnapping Ron to use him as part of an evil scheme.

Friday, July 25 (6:30 pm, ET/PT)
2-03 – “Grudge Match” – Kim and Ron go undercover to infiltrate the geeky world of underground robot battling in order to solve the mysterious disappearance of a robot from her dad’s lab.

After an extended hiatus during the May sweeps, Futurama is finally returning to Fox Sundays with an all-new episode. The network is expected to air the remaining Futurama throughout the summer. This Saunday's episode summery is below.

7:00pm - Futurama #412 "The Sting" — All-New!

After arriving at an asteroid field in deep space, Fry, Leela and Bender attempt to collect honey produced by vicious space bees. Leela decides to take a baby queen bee that incidentally kills Fry! While at Fry’s funeral, guilt ridden Leela has a romantic dream that causes her to believe that Fry is still alive. As Leela’s bizarre dreams continue to develop, she sinks into a much stranger sleep.

PostSat May 31, 2003 9:24 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 8 of 21

Jump to: