нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Spriggan Se Deutsch
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Spriggan Se Deutsch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Spriggan Se Deutsch
Before I start this. Lets add two things. First i have not seen End of Evangelion. Its on "Very long wait" on Netflix. I will be making a couple Eva comparisions in here. Well at least one. And second

********************SPOILERS***********************

Okay for a non-christian society like Japan. This makes the second anime with a religious theme. Of course Spriggan doesnt take it the same way eva does. You dont see people in mech suits that are made from DNA from animals from the Ark. And at about halfway through you get a comment that starts you thinking, well hell its not about christinanity is it?

This movie takes from so many different sources that even the creators of Dragonball would be saying "Ok enough stealing try something new". Not least of which is the Eva storyline. And oh yeah one of the kids from Akira. Plus we have our essiantial school scene at the beginning. Though i have to admit how it ends in a way worth sitting through that same stupid cricket sound from Evangelion.

Within the first 20 minutes i was ready to hit stop. But i kept this belief that something was going to happen. Something was going to make the payoff worthwhile! Then i heard "Im Spriggan French". And my mind went to Holy Grail "Of course Im french why do you think i would speak with this stupid accent you silly english pigdog". But i pushed through to the finale. Im sure glad i spent 80 minutes of my life on this one. No it wasnt recommended by any of you. And im still not quite sure what made me get it. But is that the same Watanabe who did Bebop as a producer?

Did anyone get the point of it? It was obviousily a pilot for, im guessing, a never made series. Since one of the last things said was "This is one of many like it".

There werent plot holes as much as the plot forgetting about certain things in places. And just going with assumptions. And just saying "Trust us we wouldnt lie to you".

If your really hard up to see a new anime. Well dont. Grab Fist of the Northstar and relive the 80s. Grab Transformers the movie and stop at the halfway point when it stops being a movie and turns into an episode of the TV show. Or heck go get GI Joe the Movie and laugh at Don Johnson.

If someone would like to tell me why this is watchable. Please do. Id love to have a reason to want to remember it happily.
PostFri Dec 26, 2003 3:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Spriggan Se Deutsch
Fodder wrote:
But is that the same Watanabe who did Bebop as a producer?

Doesn't look like it, but he's had his hand in some other, better films.

Quote:
Id love to have a reason to want to remember it happily.

After Googling through a few reviews, I think the Sci-Fi review said it best: "The Godiva chocolate of eye candy." Laughing
PostSat Dec 27, 2003 12:39 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
That is in response to anything visually concerning the ark. In fact the second half of the movie that involves has some really incredible images.

"Wow do you know what this is?" Main character in response to seeing the ark do something

"No i havent got a clue. Looks like a million circles going at once. And everyone seems to know what they do except for me" the hapless viewer

Went back and looked at the review of it on ANN. First your right he was involved in much better projects. I still think Ghost in the Shell to be one of the better animes I have ever seen.

But as for its capsule review. What little plot this movie has. Is all out for you to see right there in the review
PostSat Dec 27, 2003 1:09 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AnimePrime

Post subject:
Which one did you see, the series or the movie? Personally I thought the movie was a little rushed. I didn’t care that much for Sprigan either. I only watched it because it was supposed to be “The Raiders of the Lost Ark” of anime movies. Well, at least they got the ark part right.

PostSun Dec 28, 2003 2:58 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
The movie and no ones face melts. So I dont think of it as the Raiders Ark of anime.
PostSun Dec 28, 2003 7:10 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
There is no series, but there is a manga.
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 2:04 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
I saw, it, thought it was a fairly decent movie. Like Fodder, though, I'm a bit baffled as to why it was so good. Maybe once I'm rested from vacation I'll dig deeper and find out. I may even share my conclusions with y'alls.

I'm such a nice guy.
PostSun Jan 04, 2004 12:12 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: