нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Tom Hanks on Fridays tonight
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Tom Hanks on Fridays tonight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Unless I'm missing something here...

Is any of the material in this thread Toonami-related?
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 4:06 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
good point, el moveo!
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 4:53 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keimanandkei

Post subject: GS2 Oscar material?
Shocked Obsessor is incorrect. Spirited Away won the year before last. Finding Nemo (which is Disney) won last time. GS2 will win this time unless the odds are against it. See ya soon-K&K
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 2:21 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: GS2 Oscar material?
keimanandkei wrote:
Shocked Obsessor is incorrect. Spirited Away won the year before last. Finding Nemo (which is Disney) won last time. GS2 will win this time unless the odds are against it. See ya soon-K&K

First of all, Nemo was Pixar, not Disney. Disney had, for a long time, distribution rights to Pixar's films. Pixar became a huge powerhouse and Disney demanded more money, and Pixar said "Hell no sucka. We don't need you. What are you nuts?" Thus, in the future, Disney and Pixar will have little if anything to do with each other.

However, most people think that Disney owns Pixar, as I did for a long time. So for that I cannot fault you.

However, to say that, quote, "GS2 will win this time unless the odds are against it" is simply a grammatically DUMB sentence. You just said it will win unless it won't. Good job. Your english teacher should give you a cookie.

I'm usually not this pissy, but we have had a rash of people on this board NOT reading over their posts after they type them to ensure that they make sense. It takes 5 seconds, people, to make sure that your post is understood and that you don't make yourself look like an ass.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 3:07 pm
keimanandkei

Post subject: GS in the Oscars race
Razz Well, Obsessor, Nemo did win after all. And unless Disney, Pixar, WB, etc. STACK the odds against it (like they usually do to good Japanese anime like Bebop's film 'Knocking on Heaven's Door' where they used the lame excuse that it was released too late) then GS2 SHOULD win! Is that gramatically correct, oh great teacher of English? Sorry but you asked for it. After all, you can use correct English but I cannot (am not allowed) to use correct Japanese (or any other language) no matter how beautiful it may sound. This is the only club where I am not allowed to use Japanese you know. I always provided translations for it so I cannot see the problem really. Unless well I won't say anything that I may regret later. But you are not the only one who gets steamed up!

And if they don't play favorites at the Oscars how come 'Sprited Away' has been the only Japanese anime ever to win? Answer me that my friend. It is not just (or should not just be) story, plot, characters, etc. that determine winning. How about quality of film, sharpness of definition, sound, originality, voice acting work and a myriad of other things that go into making up a good animated film? And PLEASE do not confuse cartoons with true animes! That really and truly burns up us anime enthusiasts!

I apologize again but the Keiman is angry! Thanks for your interest and see ya soon-K&K
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 4:04 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: GS in the Oscars race
keimanandkei wrote:
And PLEASE do not confuse cartoons with true animes! That really and truly burns up us anime enthusiasts!

Fuck You.
I'm sick and tired of your lameass "conspiracy against anime" theories. You wanna' know why Spirited Away is the only Japanese winner? Because compared to its competition that year, it was the one with "quality of film, sharpness of definition, sound, originality, voice acting work and a myriad of other things that go into making up a good animated film".

The sooner you accept the fact that Japanese animation fandom is still a niche sub-culture inside the niche of animation fandom (like Trekkers inside of Sci-Fi), the better off you'll be.

Otherwise, I don't care how angry you get.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 4:55 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

keimanandkei wrote:
And PLEASE do not confuse cartoons with true animes! That really and truly burns up us anime enthusiasts!

i'll probably be the calmest of the expected responses, as i just want to educate you on the above statement...the terms "cartoons" and "anime" are completely interchangeable...an 'anime' is a 'cartoon', and people in japan lump them together as 'cartoons', whether they're from japan, america, europe, wherever...we can at least agree it's all "animation", right?

oh, and just for your general information, "Obsessor" is a ranking that many people around here have...you see where your name is on your post block? look there on someone else's post to find their name: it'll help us understand who you're addressing in the future... =)

i now return you to your regualry scheduled heated responses...
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 5:02 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Keimanandkei, just out of curiosity, what's a "true anime"?

And Nobu, I think they prefer to be called Trekkies.
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 6:19 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
And Nobu, I think they prefer to be called Trekkies.

Meh, in my day "trekkies" was the equivalent term to "otaku". Wink
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 7:13 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I can never remember which one is which: Trekkers and Trekkies
PostMon Nov 15, 2004 9:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Nobuyuki wrote:
keimanandkei wrote:

Fuck You.

I was going to respond, but Nobu covered all of the points worth making. And he covered all of the anger in what I specifically quoted above. So I don't feel the need to comment, other than saying that the Oscars were not made for the sole purpose of praiseing foreign animation. They were made to praise well made American movies. So seriously, stop whining about something so stupid and trivial when there are starving kids in Africa. Really, like it ultimately matters.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 12:51 am
keimanandkei

Post subject: Anime vs cartoon
Rolling Eyes OK, I'll make this quick and terse! The difference between cartoons and true anime is this. Anime tells a story. Many are compared to soaps on tv. See Inu Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Witch Hunter Robin, DragonBall, DBZ, DBGT, Wolf's Rain, etc. to see what I mean. Go to tvtome.com and check out all the animes there. You will see each has a different storyline or plot. Cartoons do not as a rule have this distinction!

Oh yeah, the best anime arc to follow along to prove my point is Dirty Pair Flash, Mission 1, Episodes 1 to 6.

Can you name any cartoon that has an intelligent plot?

I think that in future I will stick to the anime clubs that appreciate my insight like the yahoo groups (animeontv, animelyrics, dirtypair2, the Inu Yasha shrine, etc.

It's been nice and most of you folks are aces but a few are very pigheaded and boring and stuck on themselves so thanks for the memories and farewell. Happy animeing to those of you who truly like anime (and know the difference)-K&K
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 4:06 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goodbye and Godspeed to you.
Perhaps if you weren't so pigheaded and boring yourself (and knew what you were talking about in the first place) things would have gone smoother here.

As a gift for your parting, I now invoke the 14th Thesis of "Fandumb":

Quote:
"Anime" in English has come to mean "animation produced in
Japan." "Anime" in Japanese refers to any animated work; in
Japan, Bugs Bunny is as much anime as Mazinger. Therefore, if
a show on US TV has been modified for broadcast, it's still
anime even if the plot is only vaguely related to the original
(witness Speed Racer); furthermore, there is no need to have a
stroke if someone refers to anime as "cartoons.
"

Oh, and the 95th:
Quote:
All of anime, and everything that goes with it, is about
cartoons. Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing to take
personally.

PostTue Nov 16, 2004 4:39 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Anime vs cartoon
keimanandkei wrote:
Rolling Eyes OK, I'll make this quick and terse! The difference between cartoons and true anime is this. Anime tells a story. Many are compared to soaps on tv. See Inu Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Witch Hunter Robin, DragonBall, DBZ, DBGT, Wolf's Rain, etc. to see what I mean. Go to tvtome.com and check out all the animes there. You will see each has a different storyline or plot. Cartoons do not as a rule have this distinction!

Oh yeah, the best anime arc to follow along to prove my point is Dirty Pair Flash, Mission 1, Episodes 1 to 6.

Can you name any cartoon that has an intelligent plot?

I think that in future I will stick to the anime clubs that appreciate my insight like the yahoo groups (animeontv, animelyrics, dirtypair2, the Inu Yasha shrine, etc.

It's been nice and most of you folks are aces but a few are very pigheaded and boring and stuck on themselves so thanks for the memories and farewell. Happy animeing to those of you who truly like anime (and know the difference)-K&K

I officially want to see you and your kind dead. Shut the fuck up and go away.
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 6:45 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Nobuyuki wrote:
Japanese animation fandom is still a niche sub-culture inside the niche of animation fandom (like Trekkers inside of Sci-Fi)

Star Trek fans make up way more of the Sci-Fi geeks than anime fans do of cartoon fans. Trust me, I live in the hometown of MegaCon.
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:57 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: