нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Where is the best place to buy a laptop from?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Where is the best place to buy a laptop from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
TylerL wrote:
Playing devil's advocate:
You hear more about Dell failures because Dell sells the most computers in the world.
Everybody should read Consumer Reports' latest issue. They have good looks at technical support from the main computer companies.

Comparison chart, the actual article is (of course) subscriber-only.

Unless of course, somebody decides to copy some of the text:

"In this atmosphere of low expectations, Apple Computer has actually raised its support satisfaction for desktop computers over the past three years to levels above all competitors, while offering the most reliable desktop hardware.

"It's easier for Apple to excel in support because it alone makes the computer and its operating system, plus numerous applications and peripherals. Consequently, many glitches get caught at the design stage. And when Apple support agents do tackle support problems, they're often familiar with all the puzzle pieces. Apple's superiority in all aspects of support, including waiting on the phone and Web support, suggests that it invests its support resources wisely.

"Another factor working in Apple's favor: Macs are vulnerable to few viruses and little spyware (stealthy marketing software that can impede a computer's performance) because both target mostly Windows-based users. Symantec, makers of Norton AntiVirus, say approximately 60,000 viruses aim at Windows-based, but about 60 target Macs."
PostFri Dec 03, 2004 8:15 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
And those 60 are all old viruses from the late 80s/early 90s.
HyperCard viruses! Oh nos!
That's like a VisiCalc virus.
The last Mac virus I can remember is the AutoStart worm from 1998ish.
It you came across an infected disk and you had CDs set to autorun (like Windows does), you got hit.
Simple fix: turn off AutoStart.
PostFri Dec 03, 2004 8:32 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Stop humping your Mac Tyler.
PostFri Dec 03, 2004 9:06 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Stop getting raped by your PC.
PostFri Dec 03, 2004 10:09 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
HA! When your PC rapes you, you rape it right back. Problem solved.
PostFri Dec 03, 2004 10:24 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
In Soviet Russia, Women rape men.
PostSat Dec 04, 2004 12:49 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
I'm moving.
PostSat Dec 04, 2004 3:34 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
gfpaperboy22 wrote:
In Soviet Russia, Women rape men.

They do that here, too. And in Africa.

Plus, they get away with it because, as we all know, it's absolutely, one hundred percent impossible for a woman to rape a man.
PostSat Dec 04, 2004 5:58 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
My computer is actually on for the first time in a week. I even reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows and it wouldn't work for 2 days after that. I wish I had a Mac to hump . . . or rape. I wouldn't care.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Dec 07, 2004 5:04 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Alshoff wrote:
Plus, they get away with it because, as we all know, it's absolutely, one hundred percent impossible for a woman to rape a man.

Is that sarcasm?

Because it is possible.

And humping a Mac is a bad thing.
PostTue Dec 07, 2004 5:09 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
Alshoff wrote:

Is that sarcasm?

Because it is possible.

The trick is convincing the police, the prosecuting attorney, the judge and the jury that it is.
PostTue Dec 07, 2004 5:20 pm
SoraX

Post subject:
TylerL wrote:
The iBook is immune to windows viruses and worms, blocks popups/spyware, is UNIX-level stable, reads and writes Word and Excel files, comes with critically-acclaimed photo and video editing software, MIDI and audio loop music creation software, Quicken, World Book, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, has a CD burner and a DVD player, built-in ethernet, firewire, USB 2, dialup modem, VGA and S-Video out, wireless 802.11g networking, up to 5 hours of battery life, and is 4.6 pounds.

...And it costs $999.
$949 for college students.

PC Magazine agrees:
Quote:
the Apple iBook G4 (12-inch) can't be beat—especially for the price. It, too, warrants an Editors' Choice.

Correcto What he said thats what am going for !!!! (I have the old kind o.o)
I really use a Pc (Windows Xp) i also have a laptop (Mac OS)
PostWed Dec 08, 2004 12:04 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
SoraX wrote:
Correcto What he said thats what am going for !!!! (I have the old kind o.o)
I really use a Pc (Windows Xp) i also have a laptop (Mac OS)

so basically you're saying...? Nothing?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Dec 08, 2004 1:05 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think he's aiming for a new square iBook to replace his old toilet-seat one. Wink
PostWed Dec 08, 2004 1:09 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
wasn't the marketing theme for those toilet seat ones "Poop there or be square"?
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Dec 08, 2004 12:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: