нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Who is the photographer for the bumps?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Who is the photographer for the bumps?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keimanandkei

Post subject: Who is the photographer for the bumps?
Have you seen all the 'bumps' (in between shows and commercials stuff) such as the pix of Tokyo which are real cool and the Atlanta GA area. We love the longest hallway in the world one inside the Williams St studios! Just wonder why they are showing Xmas greeting cards already? Who is the photographer?

Why are they giving an all comedy lineup for Sun-Thurs AS shows? Current lineup is Fam Guy, Futurama, Sealab 2021, Inu Yasha, Case Closed and Lupin III.

Wish they would dump some or all of the comedy crap and concentrate on Japanese anime! Keep FG and Futurama but lose Birdman, Venture Bros, MH, BB, HM, etc. eh!

How about trying to get my Lovely Angels' shows (there are 26 eps which have NEVER been shown in the States because they are subbed!) for AS--OK the Dirty Pair and the DP Flash shows! They did three films too (Project EDEN, Conspiracy on Flight 009 and Affair at Nolandia). They also appear (for 15 seconds) in Crusher Joe the Movie and they make cameo appearances in other shows including Star Trek!

Hey Trekkies, did ya know that the girls' (Kei and Yuri) apartment house super looks just like Jimmy Doohan (with mustache) who played Lt Cmdr Montgomery Scott (Scottie) the Chief Engineer on the Enterprise under Cpt Jas Tiberius Kirk? Haruka Takachiho (the DP creator) absolutely LOVES Star Trek everything! In one of the ST/TNG eps Kei's name is written in Kangi script on the floor of the transporter room!

Sorry to ramble but we are Trekkies too. We have all the eps of the original series. Of course we have ALL the movies, CJ, series, original 26 subbed eps etc. of our Angels! Any other #wa freaks out there? Thanks for hearing us out. Happy animeing to all. Very Happy

modders note: edited with paragraphs and to make the ramblings a bit easier to get through.
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 12:16 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
just some guy at WS who whent over to japan for a bit of business and decided "Oo! PHotos would be cool" and when he got home the director of bumpage saw them and said "MINE!! YOINK!"

That's pretty much the story behind the photos.

And I will kill you for your statement of the following:

Wish they would dump some or all of the comedy crap and concentrate on Japanese anime!

Personally I feel that they show show to much anime with their air time and need to cut it down at least by half. Hopefully then they won't show the tripe of the anime world that they have been.
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 12:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keimanandkei

Post subject: Re: Who is the photograoher ---?
Shocked What? Do you not realize that the Japanese 'invented' anime? Some of the comedy is OK like ATHF which IS funny! None of it (let's face it) has a continuation plot line or even a sense of chronology to them! Take Inu Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin and Trigun for example. These animes have a plot, storyline, believable characters and in the case of the first two some historical basis in fact!

And how about the mecca of all animes "Dragonball" which spawned DBZ and DBGT--over 450 eps in all! And it's like a soap with continuity and flow.

Have you ever even SEEN the Angels? Watch once and you'll be hooked! So they can have ATHF/SL/FG/Futurama/Golden Boy etc. but not the dumb ones like HB/MH/HM/BB.

Where is WHRobin, Big O, Outlaw Star, even the TMNT are cool and tell a tale. Teen Titans too. How about Code Lyoko? OK-that's Miguzi and DB is Toonami but hey we are entitled to our opinion too y'know!

Which reminds us Burn Up Warriors, Bubble Gum Crisis, Steel Angel Kurumi, the list is endless.

As an example did ya see the trailers for Sky Captain/World of the Future yet? Angelina Jolie sports an eyepatch just like Queen Emeraldas in the Harlock sagas. Of course Sky Captain is based on an old Japanese Manga from the past as was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and quite a few other films! The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise was partly based on Samurai X & RK. Wink
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 1:36 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why don't you post your argument again after you're sober. That way we can read it, and make sense of it. And you can explain how Trekkies are involved.
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 2:20 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
Wow, the originally post didn't have paragraphs? Ouch.

Dirty Pair and Dirty Pair Flash have already aired [part?] of their respective series on Showtime and possibly its sister networks. It is unlikely that Williams Street will acquire it.

And, besides, Dirty Pair Flash is "teh s uck".
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 2:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

keimanandkei wrote:
As an example did ya see the trailers for Sky Captain/World of the Future yet? Angelina Jolie sports an eyepatch just like Queen Emeraldas in the Harlock sagas. Of course Sky Captain is based on an old Japanese Manga from the past as was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and quite a few other films! The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise was partly based on Samurai X & RK. Wink

There are so many things wrong with that paragraph I don't even know where to start tearing it apart... Rolling Eyes
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 3:21 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Nobuyuki wrote:
keimanandkei wrote:
As an example did ya see the trailers for Sky Captain/World of the Future yet? Angelina Jolie sports an eyepatch just like Queen Emeraldas in the Harlock sagas. Of course Sky Captain is based on an old Japanese Manga from the past as was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and quite a few other films! The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise was partly based on Samurai X & RK. :wink:

There are so many things wrong with that paragraph I don't even know where to start tearing it apart... :roll:

yes, i believe a general "what the-?!" sums up my train of thought...

as for the topic question, androspook basically covered it...a few guys at williams street visited japan (this past winter, i believe) and took snapshots of just about anything...they originally used them for the anime shows (due to the 'hardcore' anime fanbase crying about text cards taking up too much time or something), but it seems they liked the idea enough where now other photos are being used for the rest of the block...
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 3:36 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Please don't start your threads with "RE: " it's unessicary, annoying, and annoying for me to have to go and change. Thank you.

Next, anime. Anime is Japanese animation, not action animation. There are animes that are purely comedy. Also, anime is in no way superior to American animation. Talent, and lack thereof, is something that is found on every acre of this planet.

If you don't like a show, don't watch it. Many people like the shows you want to get rid of. Tough. Watch what you can, but/rent/borrow what you can't.

And DB is not the 'mecca' of anime. It has wide appeal, ran a longass time, has legions of fans, but dude, there is no 'mecca' of any type of entertainment, except maybe rock and roll. There you have either Elvis of the Beatles to choose from. Other than that, there is no 'end all and be all' in any other medium or genre.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 4:05 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Unless "they" state otherwise (and maybe not even then), I now refuse to believe that K&K are serious about that post.
It looks like "crankbait" to me.
Also:

This makes me feel better. Wink
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 4:30 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
you got a point there is no way somebody could have so many facts wrong and be serious about it.
PostWed Aug 25, 2004 5:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
This will probably piss Andro off, but the I have not watched Sunday AS(or the comedy lineup at all) in who knows how long....because all the shows are either in repeat hell, or have gone to complete and utter levels of sucktitude....

Family Guy - repeat hell(understandable since there are no new eps yet, but show something else please)

Futurama - same as above

ATHF - first 6 or so eps were ok at best, not my style of humor, then just went to levels of weirdness that made me go "wtf?" more time than I laughed by a good 10-fold.

Sealab - same as ATHF but replace 6 eps with first season

SGC2C - The original and the best, yet they still managed to fuck it up as well, the best episodes were from '92-'98

Harvey Birdman - homo jokes, crude humor, clearly the south park crowd....next....

Mission Hill - 2nd to old SGC2C eps, but that's not giving much credit, worth 1 watch...but no more

Brak Show - Brak, worst...character....ever, I watched it for Zorak and Thundercleese, not some guy who can't even say one goddamn word right.

.....There's some other crap I didn't talk about, but I won't comment on it because it would be unfair to do so. Know this however, there are people in the world who like to see the world purged of stupid humor and 90% of AS comedy needs to go.
PostThu Aug 26, 2004 12:17 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rerun hell and stagnation is what Toonami and Adult Swim (Miguzi too) is all about. They have all repeated just about everything into the ground. Only reason I watch Family Guy and Futurama still is because they are so well done that they can be funny over and over again. It's the series with only 20 someodd eps that really feel the burn of rerun hell. Funny thing about is that it's the series with the long involved story arcs that do poorly with reruns. How many times can you watch the tons of filler episodes of Inu Yasha befoer you get sick of it? There's nothing redeaming to draw you back to those episodes at all.

More Japanese studios need to realize that they can have long story arcs without having to make long blocks of episodes where nothing happens. A series where their is a complete story beginning to end each episode (two parters work too) holds an audience for more showings than anything else. Why do you think they keep putting Cowboy Bepop on? They got story arcs, but each episode also is it's own story.

It's 2:30 in the morning I'll finish/redo this rant later.
PostThu Aug 26, 2004 4:26 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes Andro, but I guess we have different tastes. Why? Well simply because I'd rather watch a million filler episodes and be slightly entertained, than even one episode of ATHF.
PostThu Aug 26, 2004 9:02 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have to agree with FDD that I don't find much of AS comedy funny. I've never liked SGC2C, or the Brak Show. Harvey Birdman had a few funny moments and is slightly quirky, but not nearly the right kind of quirks to keep in watching. ATHF is good only for hte Mooninites. And Sealab is only funny if you watch it with friends for some reason.

That's just my opinion, however. I'm all for stupid humor if it's actually, you know, funny. Like Dude, Where's My Care, or South Park. Thats good stuff, in my opinion.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Aug 26, 2004 9:58 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: