нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Big O has...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Big O has...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlashBack

Post subject:
Big O ending was like....umm, how does this work with anything. The first 13 episodes were like the first Matrix (no where in comparison of quality, but just follow me on this) and episodes 14-24 were like the second Matrix movie (good, but nothing compared to the first) and the last 2 episodes were like the thris Matrix movie(everyone is like, O.....K. that's completely different with what they started from) And its ok to go in a completely different direction than how you start but you have to realize it will confuse the hell out of people, and no one will really get it. I will say i liked the touch of Angel being the creator of Metropolis, but the whole last episode just didnt make sense at all.

and hands down, FLCL is one of the best endings i've seen in anime....EVER, but why the hell is it so short?
PostMon May 24, 2004 12:19 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's an OVA. Original Video Animation. Which means in Japan this was released one episode at a time on video. The only reason the show is such high quality is that reason, because instead of working on getting one show done a week they had months.

More isn't always better. Take Excel Saga. They show's first few DVDs were geniously funny, but as time went on the craziness got old and you started to know jokes were coming before they happened, thus the show slowly got worse and worse. The creators' intent was to convey a message or an idea in six episodes, if they wanted or needed to make it longer they would have.
PostMon May 24, 2004 1:17 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
And no one references my episode by episode good from way long ago? So depressing.

OH well the last episode was wrong on so many levels. The second half of the second season had issues. As some of you are aware im a big fan of Big O. But i have only seen that last episode twice. Once on its orignal air date and one night when Tivo was nice enough to record it. I havent gone out of my way to watch it again. Its to depressing. Would I watch a third season? Sure in a heartbeat. Would i watch if it it was done by the SD Gundam crew? Yes even then. IM that much of a fan.

I could go into multiple posts about that last episode. Rights and wrongs as well as what was left out. Please ask. I will gladly pick it apart.

Big thing. 100 things pointed towards it being america, really being New York. Nothing said anything about this at the end
PostMon May 24, 2004 1:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FlashBack

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
I could go into multiple posts about that last episode. Rights and wrongs as well as what was left out. Please ask. I will gladly pick it apart.

Big thing. 100 things pointed towards it being america, really being New York. Nothing said anything about this at the end

not multiple posts....but i did hear a lot about stuff being kept out....what exactly was kept out

and seriously....it had many implications towards america but the second season just went too far and became too much about machines and gods and all that crap...it was very unnecissary
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:15 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just a lot of unanswered plot lines. Id have to go back re-read my orignal reviews. I think this mostly was allowed to give a reason to a season 3 if we see it
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FlashBack

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Just a lot of unanswered plot lines. Id have to go back re-read my orignal reviews. I think this mostly was allowed to give a reason to a season 3 if we see it

how could there be a 3rd season? it ended exactly how the matrix trilogy ended....a complete restart...how do you make a season out of that?
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:22 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just because the new beginning is the same. Doesnt mean the same plot lines would happen over anew. I mean you have angel and R. Dorothy standing and looking at each other as Roger drives by. Those two were not introduced to each other until mid way through season 1. And not nearly in the capacity that they obviously are in that last episode. Dorothy in her standard black look and Angel as season 2 Angel.

So you could just mess with things to do a new season. And maybe answer more question about why the set even exists. Or Angel stepping outside into the real world
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:35 pm
FlashBack

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
So you could just mess with things to do a new season. And maybe answer more question about why the set even exists. Or Angel stepping outside into the real world

still it would be a bit too repetitive
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:37 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok so Angel changed the programmed and the new Big O is a female robot. Norman is the chief of police. Roger is negotating for the return of R Dorothy's cat. Then Jet comes along to investigate roger. Plus the big battle between Big O and Vehicle Voltron happens about halfway through the season. But you cant believe it when Dastun turns out to be a mutant whos working with the lantern corps!
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:40 pm

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Ok so Angel changed the programmed and the new Big O is a female robot. Norman is the chief of police. Roger is negotating for the return of R Dorothy's cat. Then Jet comes along to investigate roger. Plus the big battle between Big O and Vehicle Voltron happens about halfway through the season. But you cant believe it when Dastun turns out to be a mutant whos working with the lantern corps!

now yoe've got my attention....get wonder woman naked in this thing and i think you have yourself a third season
PostMon May 24, 2004 2:52 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Even at that time of night you cant do that on Cartoon Network. Sorry that will have to wait for Big O season 4 on Cinemax
PostMon May 24, 2004 3:08 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I only skimmed this topic, didn't read it all. But I read part of an interview with the creator, and he just put Big O in a CITY. He took elements from New York, London, and others. But it's just a generic city. It is not New York.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon May 24, 2004 3:12 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
When you have a series where your picking at clues, especially in season 1. Then you want to find out for yourself where they are. Or what the background story. Both before the characters and the storytellers tell you about it. Same goes for Trigun and noticing things like "Colt" on the guns. As someone who watchs a show like that. Your looking for clues and want to believe its part of the story
PostMon May 24, 2004 3:33 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know. I'm just informing you that the creator purposedly made it a generic CITY city. Just trying to help you make sense of the show is all.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon May 24, 2004 6:06 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I refuse to make sense of it. Since making sense would be a sense of closure. ANd i want some mystery to make me watch it again and again.
PostTue May 25, 2004 6:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: