нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - This might be on the wrong forum, but just out of curiousity
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
This might be on the wrong forum, but just out of curiousity
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does anyone here play Yugioh?
Yes
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Used to, but I quit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do, but I'm quitting soon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gouf strapped to Dark Magician Girl
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
There should be no doubt that Magic: The Gathering is my second favorite pass time. Someone mentioned Yu-Gi-Oh being more popular. You couldn't be any farther from the truth. How often do you see kids play it? I've never actually seen a game. I suppose it might be a little more rampant, but the strategy part of the game is severely lacking due to its simplicity and the average player of it. That and it's something insane like $9 for a pack of 8.
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 11:19 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah the price differential between the 2 games is insane...

Yu-gi-oh: 9 card booster $3-4.50
Magic: 15 card booster $2.50-3

I like both games, but it takes a different mindset to play the 2. Magic is all about strategy, sure you could win in Magic by like the 4th turn, but that's for die-hard experts and certainly not me. While Yu-gi-oh is more fast-paced requiring less strategy, but that doesn't mean you can just pick up, play, and expect to win.
PostThu Aug 21, 2003 4:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
True, it means you pick up the insanely overpowered cards. Change of Heart, anyone.
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 10:24 am
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:

I like both games, but it takes a different mindset to play the 2. Magic is all about strategy, sure you could win in Magic by like the 4th turn, but that's for die-hard experts and certainly not me. While Yu-gi-oh is more fast-paced requiring less strategy, but that doesn't mean you can just pick up, play, and expect to win.

Actully, With some people a 1st Turn win isnt uncommon in magic
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 12:05 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
How can you win first turn, you would have no mana out? Unless someone did some extreme combo of playing a land and using it to add on to his mana pool and somehow also allowed him to keep drawing cards and playing stuff like lava axe, and monsters with haste. Of course that's the only way I see it possible, and that's highly unlikely.
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 2:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
How can you win first turn, you would have no mana out? Unless someone did some extreme combo of playing a land and using it to add on to his mana pool and somehow also allowed him to keep drawing cards and playing stuff like lava axe, and monsters with haste. Of course that's the only way I see it possible, and that's highly unlikely.

Cards from the Alpha/Beta/Unlimited combined with Arabian Knights/Legends/Fallen Empires series allowed for very easy one turn kills.

Smallest regulation deck 4 of each card in the combo = very easy uber kill combos. I can still remember 4-5 ways to do them. But basicly every card that is key to the success in these combos is either a) limited to 1 per tourney deck or b) banned from tourneys completely.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 2:33 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
There was this one card in like, the first year or 2 that the game was made, that cost 1 red mana and you flipped a coin. For each heads you flip again. The total amount of times that you flip equals one damage for your opponent. 20 heads, and you win. Unlikely as all hell? Yes. Has it been done? Also yes. And that's just the FIRST way to win in one turn.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 2:34 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
See I don't know as much about magic as you guys cause I didn't get into it till around 6th edition, and even by then there was no one to play. So any other ways to get a 1-turn kill?
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 3:32 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I remember one of the most common quick kills for my generation of players.

1 Forest
1 Swamp
1 Mountain
1 Llanowar
1 Dark Ritual
1 Channel
1 Fireball/Disentagrate

1st turn forest cast llanowar
2nd turn swamp
3rd turn mountain, cast channel drain yourself to 1 life (giving youself 19 colorless mana), cast darkritual (3 black mana) cast fireball/disentagrate for 22 damage.

Then there was the swamp/dark ritual/djinn combo which by the en of your first turn you had a 5/something flying thing out and four turns later they were basicly dead.

I can't believe I still remember all that.

PostFri Aug 22, 2003 3:43 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I got in around 6th edition and haven't even LOOKED at an magic cards for . . . almost 2 years. I have no clue how I remember that one card. I didn't have it. I just saw it in a magazine.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Aug 22, 2003 6:02 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, lets see...
If you were allowed to play with banned/restricted cards, you could:
1 Black Lotus
1 Basic land of any sort
1 Mox of any sort
Then Channel/Fireball or Sneak Attack a Serra Avatar.

Another fun trick, which is extened legal (although not a first turn kill),
Dark Ritual, Entomb, Exhume. If you go the mox route, there are many numbers of cards that can give a creature haste for one mana, which could make this a one turn kill. Although a Serra Avatar isn't necessary. Akroma, Angel of Wrath would do nicely on her own.
PostSat Aug 23, 2003 11:02 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Well, lets see...
If you were allowed to play with banned/restricted cards, you could:
1 Black Lotus
1 Basic land of any sort
1 Mox of any sort
Then Channel/Fireball or Sneak Attack a Serra Avatar.

Another fun trick, which is extened legal (although not a first turn kill),
Dark Ritual, Entomb, Exhume. If you go the mox route, there are many numbers of cards that can give a creature haste for one mana, which could make this a one turn kill. Although a Serra Avatar isn't necessary. Akroma, Angel of Wrath would do nicely on her own.

you and your mixing of way way old school with way way to damn new school.

PostSun Aug 24, 2003 12:14 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: