нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation Release News/Dates
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation Release News/Dates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
More con news from this weekend:

News from New York Comic Con:

- 4Kids has licensed the magical girl show Pretty Cure, with plans to air on TV this fall

- ADV has licensed This Ugly Yet Beautiful World and the classic Area 88 OVA's from the '80s

- VIZ confirmed the first uncut Naruto boxset for release on July 4th, along with the final boxset of Maison Ikkoku (also on 07/04) and InuYasha Movie #4 on August 1st

News from MegaCon:

- Fullmetal Alchemist Movie "The Conqueror of Shambala" licensed and set for DVD release on Oct. 3rd, along with the final FMA TV DVD (FMA goes to monthly release starting August to get everything out), and hints of a possible theatrical release as well

- (UPDATE) According to a new press release, FUNimation has acquired the rights to the Afro Samurai series with release planned for early 2007 after it airs on Spike TV at the end of this year.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Feb 26, 2006 1:59 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
zomg double-posting wtf!!!11!

Following up some info I read at Anime on DVD's forums, I went to Suncoast this afternoon while waiting for my The World's Fastest Indian showtime (good movie BTW Cool ), and saw that Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Vol. #1 (also with box option) was available for pre-order with a scheduled release date of May 9, 2006.
No info available on who the licensor is, but I'll assume that it's ADV until someone else claims it.

Also, not animated but some are interested, the webcomic "Megatokyo" changes publishers (again!), this time to CMX Manga, starting with Vol. #4 scheduled for June 2006.
Announcement and cover art at MT homepage
PostSun Feb 26, 2006 8:18 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Things that make you go, "hmm..."

http://www.voltron.com/
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 8:04 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
So Voltrons getting a DVD release. I wander if they will include vehicle voltron in the set
PostMon Mar 27, 2006 9:08 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
TV Shows On DVD reports that insiders in WB's Home Entertainment division are planning to release DVD box sets of Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain in mid-2006. The sets are said to be multi-disc sets, featuring over two dozen episodes each, going either by season volumes or as a "favorites" collection.

Nothing has been officially announced by WB at this point, but TV Shows On DVD says to expect a press release within a few months if all goes well.

UPDATE: It has been confirmed! They're coming to DVD on July 25!

Quote:
TV Shows on DVD has announced that both Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain are coming to DVD July 25.

Animaniacs is 5-disc set containing 25 episodes featuring the Warner Brothers (Yakko & Wakko) and their sister, Dot. Along with Slappy Squirrel, the Goodfeathers, Rita & Runt, Buttons & Mindy, Chicken Boo, and of course Pinky and the Brain.

The box set also contains Animaniacs Live! in which Maurice LaMarche (The voice of the Brain) hosts an in-style interview show with some of the cast and crew. The DVD is sold for $44.98 SRP.

Pinky and the Brain is the Animaniacs spin-off about two lab mice from Acme Labs. One who's a mad genius, and the other is a few fries short of a happy meal. They escape the lab for one reason: Trying to take over the world.

Their DVD box set is a 4-disc set containing 22 episodes of classic world dominating plans for $44.98 SRP. No word on extras as we speak.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5398
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5397
PostThu Mar 30, 2006 2:20 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
So Voltrons getting a DVD release. I wander if they will include vehicle voltron in the set

Looks like it. Cool

And since I can't seem to post news stories anymore:

Media Blasters, in conjunction with World Events Productions, is releasing Voltron: Defender of the Universe on a series of DVD sets beginning in September 2006. Each set (8 total) will contain about 15 episodes, all with 5.1 audio and remastered video.

In addition to original character sketches, TV ads, and news footage, the DVDs will contain new extras created "with help from the original producers and staff."

Media Blasters is also planning to release Hundred Beast King GoLion and Armored Squadron Dairugger XV on DVD starting next year. They will be uncut and subtitled.

More information will be available from Media Blasters' new Voltron site, www.voltrondvd.com/
PostThu Mar 30, 2006 11:26 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
DAMN YOU ANIME COMPANIES! Stop re-releasing stuff! Mad

Geneon Entertainment New Title Solicitations:
> Barefoot Gen - 170 minutes - $29.98 - 08/08/2006
> Fighting Spirit Vol. #13 - 125 minutes - $29.98 - 08/29/2006
> Gankutsuou -The Count of Monte Cristo- Vol. #6 - 100 minutes - $29.98 - 09/12/2006
> Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Vol. #3 - 100 minutes - $29.98 - 08/22/2006
> Shana Vol. #1 - 100 minutes - $29.98 - 09/05/2006
> X: Remix Collectors Set - 620 minutes - $149.98 - 07/11/2006
> X: Remix Vol. #1 - 120 minutes - $29.98 - 07/11/2006
> X: Remix Vol. #2 - 125 minutes - $29.98 - 07/11/2006
> X: Remix Vol. #3 - 125 minutes - $29.98 - 08/15/2006
> X: Remix Vol. #4 - 125 minutes - $29.98 - 08/15/2006
> X: Remix Vol. #5 - 125 minutes - $29.98 - 09/12/2006
Note that the X: Remix release indicates that the video and audio has been remastered with both language tracks receiving new 5.1 mixes.

Viz Media New Title Solicitations:
> Pokemon 10th Anniversary Edition Vol. #1 - 66 minutes - $9.99 - 06/06/2006
> Pokemon 10th Anniversary Edition Vol. #2 - 66 minutes - $9.99 - 06/06/2006

FUNimation New Title Solicitations:
> Dragon Ball Z Movie 13: Wrath of the Dragon Uncut - N/A minutes - $24.98 - 08/22/2006
> Kiddy Grade Box Set - N/A minutes - $89.98 - 07/11/2006
> Speedgrapher Vol. #2 (also w/limited edition) - N/A minutes - $29.98/34.98 - 08/22/2006
> Tenchi Muyo GXP Box Set - N/A minutes - $89.98 - 08/15/2006

Manga Entertainment New Title Announcements:
> Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2nd Gig) SE Vol. #6 - 100 minutes - $49.98 - 07/25/2006
> Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2nd Gig) Vol. #6 - 100 minutes - $24.98 - 07/25/2006
> Street Fighter II: The Movie Uncut - N/A minutes - $19.98 - 07/18/2006
> Tactics Vol. #1 - 150 minutes - $24.98 - 06/27/2006
PostThu Apr 13, 2006 8:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
From Anime on DVD's front page to you:

Media Blasters License News (06:53 PM EDT): Word started spreading about a new title being added to the schedule today in a couple of locations on the Internet and we've confirmed with Media Blasters that on 08/29/2006 they'll be releasing

GaoGaiGar: King of Braves Vol. 1

No other information is currently available. Shocked

First Giant Robo, then GoLion/Voltron, and now the Brave Saga coming to America... Media Blasters has insured that there's never been a better time to be an old school Big Stompy Robot fan. <3
PostWed Apr 19, 2006 10:18 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sah-Weet! Very Happy

DVDToons reports that the classic Filmation series Flash Gordon is coming to DVD from BCI on July 18. The cartoon is based on the classic comic strip by Alex Raymond that chronicles Flash, Dale Ardin, and Dr. Hans Zarkov going to the planet Mongo on a mission to save Earth from a tyrannical space lord named Ming the Merciless. The classic cartoon features the voices of Alan Oppenheimer (He-Man, She-Ra) as Ming the Merciless, Diane Pershing (Batman:The Animated Series) as Dale Ardin, and the late Robert Ridgely (Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle, Thundarr the Barbarian) as Flash Gordon.

Flash Gordon: The Complete Series is a 4-disc set that features all 24 episodes from 1979-1981, and includes these features:

• “Blasting off with Flash Gordon”—A 20-minute documentary featuring interviews with creators and historians about Flash Gordon.
• Three episodic commentary tracks—“A Planet in Peril,” “Sir Gremlin,” and “Gremlin’s Finest Hour”—with executive producer Lou Scheimer, writer Tom Ruegger, writer Michael Reaves, animator Darrell McNeil, and host Andy Mangels.
• Interactive storyboard to clip comparison of various stock action sequences
• Extensive gallery of original model sheets for all main heroes and villains
• Detailed profiles of various characters
• Trivia and fun facts
• Two collectible 4x6 exclusive Flash Gordon art cards by acclaimed comic artists Frank Cho and Gene Ha
• Easter Eggs
• DVD ROM Features—scripts, storyboards, and the complete series Bible (PDF format, PC/Mac readable)
• Bonus Preview: Episode #1—“Escape from Mongo”—from the series Defenders of the Earth

The DVD will retail for the suggested retail price of $39.98.

Most of you have forgotten that I used to list this among the best cartoons I believed to be created (The Fleischer Supermans were #1) Cool
Thanks to Toon Zone for the report.
PostWed Apr 26, 2006 8:52 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
FUNimation has acquired more Full Metal (no, I'm not referring to those boys who tried to resurrect their dead mother).

Quote:
FUNimation Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, announced that it has been awarded Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid by Kadokawa Pictures USA. Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid is the third season in this popular anime series and FUNimation has scheduled October 3, 2006 as the street date for the first DVD.

"We are excited to work with Kadokawa Pictures USA on this series," said Gen Fukunaga, president and CEO of FUNimation Entertainment. "These are the first steps in a mutually beneficial relationship and releasing Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, with its high quality production values and established fanbase, is a great way to start."

"We are very excited to collaborate with FUNimation in releasing Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, which marks Kadokawa Pictures USA's first North American DVD release. We have found FUNimation to have a well thought-out sales strategy and an incredible management and support team. Their passion to distribute and promote this title was remarkable, and we look forward to working with them again in the future," said Takashi Sakuda, General Manager of Kadokawa Pictures USA, Inc.

Source: Anime On DVD
PostFri May 26, 2006 8:15 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Too busy celebrating...
Funnily enough, Mine's already on order. Very Happy
PostFri May 26, 2006 8:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
More announcements from Anime Boston:

Funimation announced at the Anime Boston Panel, that they would be releasing BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad. The series will be co-directed by Taliesin Jaffe and Chris Bevins, with Mike McFarland as music director.

ADV announced at their Anime Boston panel today that they will be releasing the Jinki:Extend TV anime series. ADV already released the manga series.
PostSat May 27, 2006 10:21 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
More Filmation sweetness! Very Happy

Tvshowsondvd.com has announced that the long awaited animated version of Star Trek is coming to DVD on November 21st.

The toon was produced in 1973 by Paramount Pictures and Filmation. And chronicles the continuing voyages of Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise. The show features the voices of William Shatner (Kirk), Leonard Nimoy (Spock), George Takei (Sulu), Nichelle Nichols (Uhura), Majel Barrett (Nurse Chapel), the late DeForest Kelley (Dr. McCoy), and the late James Doohan (Scotty). The one Trek actor missing was Walter Koenig, who played Chekov in the original series (he wrote one of the episodes).
PostMon May 29, 2006 9:26 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, blow me down!

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 6, 2006--Warner Home Video (WHV), Hearst Entertainment and King Features Syndicate have reached an agreement for the exclusive worldwide home entertainment distribution of both the classic Popeye theatrical animated shorts and the Popeye made-for-TV animated shorts. The announcement was jointly made by Jeff Brown, WHV Senior Vice President and General Manager TV and Franchise, and T.R. ("Rocky") Shepard III, President of King Features Syndicate.

WHV will be the exclusive worldwide home entertainment distributor for all classic Popeye theatrical and television properties. The new agreement has cleared Warner's home video distribution rights for the original 231 Popeye animated shorts released theatrically by Paramount Pictures between 1933 and 1957. In addition, WHV has licensed the exclusive rights to 220 Popeye made-for-TV animated shorts produced from 1960 to 1962, 65 episodes of The Continuing Adventures of Popeye, produced from 1978 to 1981 (consisting of 161 animated shorts) and 26 Popeye & Son shorts produced in 1987. Warner's first Popeye DVD release is expected to street in 2007.

The theatrical library consists of 120 black & white shorts (106 of these were produced by Fleischer Studios, the remaining 14 were produced by Famous Studios) and 111 Technicolor cartoons (three produced by Fleischer Studios and 108 produced by Famous Studios). Warner Home Video plans to commence preservation and restoration activities immediately.

Regarding the announcement, Brown remarked, "We are extremely excited to bring fans one of the most recognized, iconic characters who has spanned seven decades. Popeye is the only major theatrical franchise in film history that never received a legitimate home video release."

He added, "For years Warner Bros. had been inundated by consumer letters demanding the release of Popeye, an underdog, a hero, a character who always represents good, and WHV is proud to bring this illustrious collection to DVD."

King Features and Popeye go back 77 years, from the minute he walked into Elzie Segar's THIMBLE THEATER comic strip and muttered his famous "D'ja think I'm a cowboy?" line, to his recent primetime CGI special, Popeye has captured the hearts of millions of fans around the world.
PostWed Jun 07, 2006 3:06 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
There was a recent CGI Movie? I guess we could do a crossover with him, the new GI Joes and the Ulimate Avengers then.
PostWed Jun 07, 2006 7:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 20 of 25

Jump to: