нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Big O season 3
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Big O season 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Big O season 3
Ok so forgive me on this since im still scanning the threads since i was last on here.

Has there been any word if we will see Big O season 3? At this point i almost want to see it end at season 2 because another year of it going that direction would mean we'd be dancing with

"Big O:XLR"

Since it just kind of became a full on mech with bigger guns thing.
PostThu Dec 02, 2004 6:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't think Big O season 2 did well enough in the ratings department for WS/CN to justify spending the money to get a third season made.
PostFri Dec 03, 2004 7:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
One, the show is not about action, nor has it ever been. It got even more complex as it went on. Secondly, Megas XLR rocks.
PostTue Dec 07, 2004 3:48 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Third, don't tell Fodder what he does and doesn't know about Big O. I don't think you've been around while Fodder has been around, RobRam. In short, he knows what he's talking about, and isn't a random n00b.

But I do enjoy Megas myself . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Dec 07, 2004 4:49 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Third, don't tell Fodder what he does and doesn't know about Big O. I don't think you've been around while Fodder has been around, RobRam. In short, he knows what he's talking about, and isn't a random n00b.

Did this make sense to anybody else?
PostThu Dec 09, 2004 3:38 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
counterparadox wrote:

Did this make sense to anybody else?

Yes.

We had a big thread about Big O, and Fodder was one of, if not the most, active participants.
PostThu Dec 09, 2004 4:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Robram, your post above felt that like it was condescending towards Fodder. My point was simply to inform you that Fodder knows his stuff. I also realized, and pointed out, that you probably have not had many dealing with Fodder, as you were gone during his first and subsequent showings, and have been here while he mostly has not.

PostThu Dec 09, 2004 10:08 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I am so deeply offended... no wait im not. I didnt read it that way and if it was even meant like that honestly i wouldnt care. Since this is a forum where people express their own opinions. And that is after all what a forum is for.

Seaon 1 of Big O was all about the plot and storyline. It sold the story by wrapping the cartoon around one giant robot fight aweek.

The show was developed around a prototype toy. One that was designed on purpose to have no logical way for it to walk. From that we get Big O season 1 and if thats how japan wants to give me shows like Big O more power to them. Lets not forget that Cowboy Bebop was created they were told "I don't care what you do as long as it has spaceships"

Season 1 ended on a cliffhanger and didnt answer its questions from throughout the season. This led to a second season created one hundred percent for the fan base. The strange part is that seaon 2 was more for people who had never seen the show. And those who hadnt seen it were walking into this film noir story line that constantly made references to its first season and got even more confused.

Season 2 was all about action and nothing more. Each week, except for one that i remember, focused on the final battle and some newer bigger better gun that Big O was hiding. The animation was going downhill in a big way over season 1. The storylines were no were near the quality of season 1. And it was an action show first and foremost in season 2 and my obsession with hating the ends of series continues with Big O Season 2. The end was a bad payoff and didnt exactly leave room for a season 3. It was a cop out in my opinion.

I am also a fan of Megas. I'll admit it I love giant robot shows. Megas won me over in episode 1 when the nose of the wave cannon from StarBlazers came out. Though that show can also be argued is starting to lose its footing as well. The last couple new episodes havent really been as good as the first. But i still watch each episode and laugh at least once during it.
PostFri Dec 10, 2004 11:21 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
I am also a fan of Megas. I'll admit it I love giant robot shows. Megas won me over in episode 1 when the nose of the wave cannon from StarBlazers came out. Though that show can also be argued is starting to lose its footing as well. The last couple new episodes havent really been as good as the first. But i still watch each episode and laugh at least once during it.

I still wish I'd been able to see the Harlock episode. Sad

P.S.- Make sure to put Giant Robo in your queue. You won't be disappointed. Wink
PostFri Dec 10, 2004 2:22 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Which episode was the Harlock episode?

And i havent been with netflix for awhile. Im just getting back to work now since april. Once some money comes back in Netflix will be reactivated and i can get my Anime fixes again.

Until then i have DVD's coming for christmas
PostFri Dec 10, 2004 3:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:

"Space Booty" was the name of the episode. A space pirate with a redhead fetish comes to try and seduce Kiva.
Quote:
Until then i have DVD's coming for christmas

Sweet.
PostFri Dec 10, 2004 4:25 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:

Trust me, you'll know it when you see it.

Also, I meant no offense by what I said, also I do take great offense to my stating of an opinion being taken as an insult, and by somebody other than the person I was actually talking to, no less. I didn't refer to him as a n00b. I heard an opinion that I strongly disagreed with that I, quite honestly, felt bordered on insulting as a fan of the show. I am by no means uninformed in my opinion about the show, and would reserve the right myself to demand an apology for implying that I was somehow condescending, if I were so inclined.
PostFri Dec 10, 2004 6:22 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
My bad. I've been a bit on edge around here recently. I must be reading too far into things.

PostSat Dec 11, 2004 12:15 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
[olive_branch] What is your avatar, exactly?[/olive_branch]
PostSat Dec 11, 2004 8:57 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
whos? CP's? I think it was supposed to be Captain Simian or something, Fodders is Mazinger or something like that.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSun Dec 12, 2004 11:36 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: