нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - This is like the time I got JTHM...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
This is like the time I got JTHM...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject: This is like the time I got JTHM...
Last year, I got JTHM. When I read it, I couldn't believe how violent it was. I thought it would have been that he killed a few people, but not like that. I was shocked, and I still carry the book today.

Anyway, that little story will play a part in this topic. Why? Well, let's say Love Hina. I have already seen the whole series and pretty much, it does have your jokes about sex, but not alot in one episode. Then, I saw someone with the first manga and I asked to borrow it. So he did and I was shocked again at it. The first book (Well, 6 comics) had more sexual innuedos than the entire series itself. This is what shocks me. Besides, why is it that there is more sexual references in a black & white book than on television? I don't get it. Has anything shocked you in the animated world?
PostTue Nov 04, 2003 5:46 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just saw the first episode of Hand Maid Mai. Does that count for anything?
PostTue Nov 04, 2003 8:27 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
I have the First 2 Eva Manga's....

*Feels Left Out*
*Crys*
PostTue Nov 04, 2003 9:58 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Types random stuff to prevent what's left of his mind from beating him with his own skull* -- Yea, I've lost my mind now. Laughing
PostTue Nov 04, 2003 10:49 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
the first episode of Hanaukyo Maid Tai...

let's just say: Shocked Shocked Shocked

on a slightly off/on-topic tangent, the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac series, as well as its spin-off/sequel Squee!, are noted not only for being extreme in their violence, but also in setting the bar on just how far you can push violence and still make it hilarious... And the violence isn't just mindless, but plays into the character well, a character that is essentially the personification of Jhonen Vasquez's id, a violent streak that exists in all of us, that part of our psyche that wishes we could lodge large sharp objects into the guy who cuts us off in the middle of rush-hour traffic... the difference is that through the course of 7 issues, the JtHM comic fully explores the destructive drives of "Johnny C.", who doesn't simply kill people because he likes it or even because he believes in a sense of justice. Plus there's the whole fact that his horrific acts seem to be completely ignored by the outside world, a world that Johnny sees as being corrupt and ugly, so ugly that even his own ugly violence can't even compare or match it... And, of course, both JtHm and Squee! display Vasquez's uncanny knack for capturing the ugly and scary side of childhood, which is why he was later chosen to create the creepy but hilarious Invader Zim for Nickelodeon...

but, I'm sure most of you already knew most of this anyway...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostWed Nov 05, 2003 2:54 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Of course.

NAIL BUNNY!
PostWed Nov 05, 2003 3:47 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wait, CHOSEN to do Invader Zim? What do you mean by the word CHOSEN???

And I just love the depiction of Hell, personally. Haven't read Squee yet.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Nov 05, 2003 5:04 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Myself, I've read most of Squee, but haven't read JtHM.

Quote:
I am known by many naes. Prince of darkness. Son of the king of darkness. Lord of the underworld...

My mom calls me pepito.

Best (and oddly ironic) quote from Squee
PostThu Nov 06, 2003 9:22 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Wait, CHOSEN to do Invader Zim? What do you mean by the word CHOSEN???

What, did you think television networks like Nickelodeon (owned by Viacom) just grab random guys off the street and say "You! You're gonna give us a new show. NOW, fool!" and then BOOM, there's a new show? Hell no! Jhonen Vasquez was chosen for his style of story telling and artwork to create a creepy kid's show, which became Invader Zim. It wasn't a random lottery. What's so hard to figure out about that?

BTW, I'm very disappointed in Irkan Warrior... shame on you for not picking up JtHM by now... SHAME!...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Nov 06, 2003 6:46 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nono, I thought you meant that they went to him and said "You, you're going to do this show, about this invader guy . . . with a stupid robot sidkick . . . " I wasn't sure if you meant they gave him the plot and characters, or just said "We want you to do a show. Cool."

I really wish CN had the budget that Nick does, and that Vasquez did something for CN . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Nov 06, 2003 7:23 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I read the first manga of Battle Royale. God! When the guy said very violent, I thought he meant not that violent. If you want a mental image of one scene, think hot chick with scythe.
PostWed Nov 19, 2003 6:03 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: