нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What is your favorite show Toonami ever had on?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What is your favorite show Toonami ever had on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Tri_GUN_damwing wrote:
WhtHawk wrote:
What other shows did CN edit themselves for Toonami? While they did Tenchi, they devoted enough resouces to it that they really couldn't do another show.

Didn't they edit YYH? Mabye not. Forgive my oblivious nature.

FUNimation and Viz do their own edits, following CN guidelines.
Pioneer, Media Blasters & Bandai pay CN to make the edits for them.
I'm not sure about Sony.

Thank you. I will store that somewhere in my cluttered mind for future reference. Of course I might be brainwashed to take on the command of the Cow Brigade. Then I would forget. And that would stink. But thank you.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 6:36 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
They need to edit stuff because the FCC has laws that determine what can be shown/said under specific ratings (TV-Y7, TV-14, etc.) If channels don't abide by these rules, then they could lose their broadcasting license and be taken off the air.

Tenchi and Outlaw Star were edited for nudity, profanity, innuendo, and violence.

They did a better job editing Outlaw Star and Yu Yu Hakusho than they did with Tenchi, but that's just my opinion.

That still dosen't make sense, can't they just give it a different rating, like TV-MA and show it uncut? Or are they not allowed to do that because the Government is resricting their right to free speech (Well, the anime's right to artistic freedom anyway.)

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 8:25 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:
That still dosen't make sense, can't they just give it a different rating, like TV-MA and show it uncut? Or are they not allowed to do that because the Government is resricting their right to free speech (Well, the anime's right to artistic freedom anyway.)

Now you're up against company policy and their potential advertisers preferences/restrictions. Hard to fight against the advertising dollars and run a successful network. The government has nothing to do with that.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 8:53 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Screw add's, keeping an artist's work in its original form is important.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 9:17 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:
Screw add's, keeping an artist's work in its original form is important.

well, that brings up the touchy debate to some as to what they'd prefer: animation with reasonable edits and maintaining advertising revenues to continue such a trend, or make it so all animation has to be bought on dvd, because if cn were to show unedited stuff any time they choose, people out there would complain, pressuring advertisers to drop, therefore causing the network to shut down or drop their action animation completely...

everyone's kind of holding out hope that one adult swim show will finally break the "ma" barrier in the next few years, and if that were to happen, the precedent would finally be set to do so again (at night, obviously)...really though, editing has been decreasing little by little over the past few years anyway (see outlaw star compared to rurouni kenshin or cowboy bebop compared to reign for examples), so i'm not complaining...
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 9:25 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Starz shows THEIR anime uncut, why cant CN?

PostWed Jan 28, 2004 9:34 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
STARZ is a premium, subscription-only channel, like HBO or Showtime.

It does not rely on advertising revenue to survive. And pay-subscription channels can show just about anything they want to, in any form they choose.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 9:41 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
So, that makes no difference to me. CN should aim it's programming a little higher.

PostWed Jan 28, 2004 9:43 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:
So, that makes no difference to me. CN should aim it's programming a little higher.

So, you've got an extra ~$120 a year to pay for a 24-hour cartoon channel?
This isn't that hard to understand.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 9:46 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
This is annoying. Why is it that all the MA channels are premium anyway?

PostWed Jan 28, 2004 9:58 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:

Dunno..just cause they are

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 11:02 pm
AnimeGirl

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:

Well I'd assume that there are at least there two reasons:

1. That if you pay for something then you make sure you know what your buying and like it.

2.That if you know what you are buying then you take precautions to see that anyone that shouldn't see them doesn't (via those child locks or whatever)

Oh yeah and theres the fact that premium channels can show just about anything they want to without having to worry about sponsers and whatnot. Wink

"Your never to old to watch cartoons!"----Me
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 12:18 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok, here's the point of view of an ANIMATOR. I'm looking your way Kalma-- pay attention.

As an animator you must realize you are in the business of entertainment. You must also realize it's a business, that means you have to take the possitives and the negatives of whatever medium you animate for (tv, movies, games). With movies you get anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes to tell a story. A career in this field of animation is for those who to not wish to see their vision edited by some company down the line it's about quality not quantity (something the japanese are just starting to learn). It is THE animators version of fine art-- it's where they can get all artsy without trully having to answer to somebody (just look at Destino).TV animators on the otherhand are nearly the opposite, it IS about quantity, not to say it's not about quality, but it's about knowing where to use the quality. This format is for super long plot lines and establishing strong mental and emotional links to the characters. The drawback to this field is you know that you have to make it viewable by people more than willing to sue you for not liking a misworded line.

Take for example, you can have rascism in a movie and nobody raises an eyebrow, but you have a somebody say "Kill the Hatians" in a video game and BAM it's a giant important seething evil thing. I know that's avideo game but I'll get to that.

Television animators all over the globe know that their work will be chopped up and mangled. They accept it for the most part. Some try and change the system like John K or Seth Mcfarlane but pushing their shows further and further every chance they get. In the long run they HOPE and WISH for places like CN to pick their shows up to expose more people to their work, their sweat, their blood, their baby. CN actually has some of the loosest standards, if not the loosest of editing for any ad supported network. Comedy Central doesn't count-- they have what 2 animated shows?

Anyway as an animator I would much MUCH rather have a show of mine picked up by CN than the "Action" channel or whatever Encore special pay package channels. Why? Bigger audience. Built in audience. An audience with the humor and mindset to accept already built in. But most importantly-- an audience who will give it a chance.

The Anime Network? It's a fucking joke. There is nothing there to draw you back. Nothing. NOTHING. No schedule, no rhyme or reason to what get put on. You get 2 dozen episodes to last your viewers for over a month (almost 2). Is that an audience who will keep coming back? No. How about a network that randomly airs anime and rarely anything they haven't already shown a few dozen hundred times (action I'm looking your way).

I'll go on more later.
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 12:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:

I'll go on more later.

WAIT! NOT DONE WITH THE FIRST PARAGRAPH!!!!!

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 12:04 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
AnimeGirl wrote:
I loved Gundam Wing! I liked a lot of the shows that Toonami showed early on as well as some of the new stuff so I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Sailor Moon was awesome and I hope no one laughs but I loved Ronin Warriors. I really liked Kenshin (I think that they did a great job on the editing for that) and Yu Yu Hakusho and...
I just love anime and as I said I'd never be able to pick a single favorite. I just hope CN keeps picking up shows on caliber with those of the past.

Ronin Warriors was the best...it did well with the old school Midnight Run.

Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 12:06 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: