нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - TI Greatest Anime Heroes/Villians
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
TI Greatest Anime Heroes/Villians
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject: TI Greatest Anime Heroes/Villians
I was watching the AFI 100 Greatest Heroes/Villians of the past 100 years tonight. 2 of the entries were from animated features (both villians: the Queen from Snow White, and Man from Bambi), and I thought about how the same could be said for anime. I know that this idea isn't particularly new, but I just wanted yours all's opinionses ("Me fail English? That's unpossible."). Nominate your pick for the list of 100 greatest anime heroes/villains (male or female) and where they're from and why you picked them. I'll set it up...

Hero: Spike Speigel (Cowboy Bebop)
*Spike's past is wrapped in mystery and gradually unfolds as the series progresses. Spike has undergone the transformation from villian to hero even before the series begins, but as time goes by he must face his past before he can finally rest. His plight speaks of the transformation that we must all undergo in our lives; we must eventually stop running from our past and confront it in order to get on with the rest of our lives. The fact that his past constantly dogs him with personal issues until it finally comes to a head at the end, resulting in perhaps the greatest closing device for a story.

Villian: Char Aznable (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack)
*If there was ever a character that one could describe as an anti-hero, Char would have to be that man. An idealist, he is a charismatic leader who manages to rally support for a cause that seems just enough to be worthy. However, the methods by which he seeks his cause border on monsterous. How anyone could justify global genocide for any cause would be beyond most people, but Char manages to do it and ardently believe in it himself. Some of the greastest villains of all time are not demons or superpowered supervillains, but real men who could convince the masses to murder their fellows in the name of righteousness (e.g. Caesar, Hitler, Stalin). Char Aznable is one such character.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:28 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Villain

Lady Eboshi (Princess Mononoke) - wanted what was best for her people and interested in protecting Iron Town and bringing economical wealth. So whatshe was cutting down forest and killing gods? She was really just doing what a good leader does do, and she realises the mistakes in her methods and I think that redeems her. She's not really that 'classic' villain though.

Hero

Goku (DBZ) - come on, was there ever such a hero as him? I think this is self explanatory, he was just so forgiving and goodhearted, loyal and not to mention S.T.R.O.N.G. Great hair too, all rounder, never gave in to the dark side (unless he was in big monkey format) and basically was everything you want in a good person/hero.
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 12:01 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Hero: Vash the Stampede, Trigun
Vash, the first character that I ever considered my "favorite," who wasn't one of the girls from Tenchi Muyo. Three reasons why he's a great hero - first, his fighting. He simply is one of the best fighters in anime...does anyone really think ANYONE can take this guy out? Certainly no one with a gun, because he'll just dodge the bullets...and just try to come at him with a sword (sorry Kenshin). Secondly, his moral code - he doesn't kill. And he is unwilling to kill anybody, even at the risk of taking life-threatening injuries. And finally, what's a good hero without angst...and between REM, Knives, and Legato, there's no end to Vash's suffering.

Villain: Kagato, Tenchi Muyo! (OVA)
Kagato is a two-episode villain, and that's it. Yet, he's leaves and indelible mark upon Tenchi Muyo! He's got the unique, fun bad-guy attitude. He's not all mad and depraved...he's quite sane, brilliant, and powerful. And he's funny. AND he's plays an organ! Of course, he's pretty cruel, especially when dealing with Ryoko - that's a must for villainy. And finally, he's an admirable bad guy. After losing to Tenchi, his last words aren't, "you haven't heard the end of me!" or something cliche like that. It's, "You won, boy," giving the victor his just due.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 2:50 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hero: Kagome.
She's definitely not the absolute best I've seen, but surely belongs in the top 100. She's a character who thinks her way out of stuff, and has great interactions with Inu-Yasha. She's a fun, effective character.
Plus, it doesn't hurt that she's cute.

Villain: Lupin III.
Yeah, I suppose there could be some semantical problems with relating hero and protagonist, but Lupin is an awesome villain. He's fast, resourceful, and uber-crafty. In the words of Smeagle, Lupin is trikssy. All around, entertaining.
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 9:50 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
i just have to speak more about Naruto

Hero: Naruto
Uzumaki Naruto, he's completely mischievious i nature but always comes through in the end with either charater or in his mischivious nature and unorthodox ninjaskills. And you'll never see him down, he'll never ever give up.

Villain: Naruto
Zabuza, he is a cold blooded killer that can kill only by sound, he doesn't have to hear his target. However, he has a goodheart because he has love in it, for a close friend, and ultimately he hurts inside too, though still whooping butt! Mad skillz.
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostWed Jun 04, 2003 10:29 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Villain: Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Not nearly as idealistic as Char, Gendo usurps the original purpose of the Instrumentaility Project for his own, purely selfish reason (no spoilers for you, Fodder!). And in his single-mindedness of purpose, not only drives an immovable wedge in the relationship between himself and his only son, but exploits said son (among many others) for the above-mentioned selfishness.

Hero: Ekichi Onizuka (GTO)
I know, everyone's like: Shocked , but hear me out. More an anti-hero like Lupin, Onizuka may be crude, loud and obnoxious, but his heart is in the right place. He wants nothing more than to become the best teacher ever, winning over his class of bullying delinquents one-by-one with nothing more than his unique sense of integrity and idealism about how student-teacher relationships should be. He's the kind of teacher my high-school friends and I imagined WE would want to be if we ever grew up. Wink

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
PostThu Jun 05, 2003 4:14 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hero: Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
He says so much with so few words. Short, to the point. Has uber-fast speed, uses a sword, and his ultimate move invloves a dragon. I couldn't want any more.

Villian: Jinai (Rurouni Kenshin)
First guy in the series to give Kenshin a hard time, and my favorite fight from what I've seen in the series so far. Jinai is heartless, will kill anyone. Perfect villian.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jun 05, 2003 2:55 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think you'll like shishioh a lot better, it's later on in the series though. The people who've seen it know what i mean

*spoiler!!*

When he dies he's still relentless. Wants to take over hell. How's that for a villain.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSat Jun 14, 2003 1:14 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hero- Vash the Stampede. It's bizzare that someone who seems to represents human faults in the first few episodes shows time and time again how to rise to a situation, and beat the odds, even if you look like an idiot doing it. Despite all the hardships he's faced, Vash still doesn't want to kill, which is very credible.

Villian- Ghiren Zabi (Mobile Suit Gundam)

Ghiren is the most evil because of the things that he didn't get to do, and tried to do. Part Adolf Hitler, part supervillian, Ghiren represents all that was evil with the Nazi regime, and shows that history repeats himself. Compared to someone who would enslave and then wipe out Earth's populace in the name of Newtype superiority, an ordinary supervillian like Cell is of no comparison.
PostSat Jun 14, 2003 3:33 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Villain & Hero: Char Aznable - Though Char is the Villian in MSG and CCA, in Z he's the hero. A guy who you want to rip a new one at one point, then give a parade the next. Char starts as the standard bad guy, then turns into a backstabbing traitor, and then becomes a guy fighting in the name of his family... Then goes on to defend humanity from a group that's worse then the employers he was trying to kill. Throughout Zeta, you see Char as the guy with the plan, the mentor- and working alongside his old rivals, who he now shares the same objectives as. Yet you also see his colder side, the one that helps get an ally to defect to the enemy. And finally, Char becomes the madman villain bent on destruction(but not genocide), yet still retains some sense of humanity and a desire to have an honorable duel with the man who killed the woman they both loved.

Char is and isn't both a hero and a villain at the same time. It's characters like this that make some anime so enjoyable to watch.
PostSun Jun 15, 2003 2:09 am

Post subject:
Villain: Unicron (Transformers the Movie)

He's the only character that can cause more damage in a bitch slap than most animated characters have done during their respective reigns of terror.
PostSun Jun 15, 2003 10:40 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Hero:
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
A man who never hesitated to kill for good who met a man who could not bring himself to kill. A man who learned the true value of life and payed the price for his sins. "It's so full of mercy."

Villain:
Jamie Kellner
Does this really need an explanation?
PostWed Jun 18, 2003 1:41 am
outlawstar69

Post subject:
any one play FF? I don't know if its anime, but Ithink he was one of the best (?) villans of all time. The way he annilated the espers so easily, and with such glee.... that ranks him up there.
PostSun Jun 22, 2003 6:47 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
outlawstar69 wrote:
any one play FF? I don't know if its anime, but Ithink he was one of the best (?) villans of all time. The way he annilated the espers so easily, and with such glee.... that ranks him up there.

Yeah, *raieses hand* I do.

That would be *slaps head* Serioth?
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostSun Jun 22, 2003 3:58 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sephiroth was a pansy ass bitch.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Jun 22, 2003 4:26 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: