нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Old Toonami vs. New Toonami
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Old Toonami vs. New Toonami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Then there are some shows like Teen Titans that started life aimed at 6-12 and has slowly moved up its core audience. Likely as it ages. But some of the plots, take the season finale, are aimed at teenager level.

Personally I go through fits of where I want to see stupid animes with just lots of action. Those are my dragonball z times. Or other times where I want to sit and watch a story. You know like Hack Sign or Blue Sub 6.

edit - oh i know these aren the deepest of stories. Just using known animes as examples

But now im back to watching the Invid Saga of Robotech again.

After looking at Toonami Arsenel again I was curious if there has been any movement on getting Z Gundam or ZZ Gundam in the last couple years to Toomami or Adult Swim. I read the books for them when I was in High School its been awhile.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 4:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
reaper wrote:
Your right they are (except the universal century gundam which is more for teenagers to adults)

...yeah, that's why they sell toys for the series... Wink
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 4:34 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
There was WORRY that 4Kids might get Naruto. Then we found out that they did not. My statement about that was just to make you aware that we don't have to worry about Naruto getting a bad treatment.

And again, One Peice is not a show for 6 year olds. It was just made into one by jackasses. Cartoon Network had ALREADY bought it, and so they HAVE to show it. They were not given the option, and really, they got the shaft.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 4:40 pm
nightwing77

Post subject:
Toonami has changed a lot over the years, but its always shown as many kiddie shows as "mature" shows. Kids are pleading to not have Naruto cut, but its gonna be on toonami. Toonami is for kids/teenagers. End of discussion. Good day sir!
"NIGHTWING. HE IS THE BEST. THE ONLY ONE I COULD HAVE PICKED TO LEAD YOU. HE WILL HONOR YOU. HE WILL MAKE YOU CHAMPIONS. That's it. That's the speech. Get to work Justice League. The world needs you." -Batman "The Obsidian Age"
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 4:45 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
And again, One Peice is not a show for 6 year olds. It was just made into one by jackasses. Cartoon Network had ALREADY bought it, and so they HAVE to show it. They were not given the option, and really, they got the shaft.

And according to the interview linked from the front page, Sean states they're fans of the show, they wanted it on Toonami, they feel One Piece's home is on Toonami and they're happy with One Piece's performance on the block.

All this, in spite of the edits. Think how huge it would have been if they could edit it down to their standards instead of 4Kids'.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 4:50 pm
nightwing77

Post subject:
That would be awesome.
"NIGHTWING. HE IS THE BEST. THE ONLY ONE I COULD HAVE PICKED TO LEAD YOU. HE WILL HONOR YOU. HE WILL MAKE YOU CHAMPIONS. That's it. That's the speech. Get to work Justice League. The world needs you." -Batman "The Obsidian Age"
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 4:57 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Does D.I.C.E air anymore? Does Duel Masters? I didnt think so. Did you like the old toonami when it first came out? This toonami has only been here for like a year and you people are still complaining? YOU CANT BRING IT BACK. Naruto licenced by 4kids? Dont make me laugh. Nice try trying to start a good debate but you were wrong from the start. Give the new toonami a chance to grow and evolve just like the old one did. There are some things like the random toonami commercials full of a minute of action but if naruto airs with minor edits then its good enough for me. I would like for them to get rid of some shows but that would mean an extended miguzi wouldnt it? I did like the old toonami better but I also have to give the new toonami a chance.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 6:18 pm
nightwing77

Post subject:
I realize know that we should give new toonami a chance, but I would just like if maybe they dropped zatch bell or some other stupid show and have like a classics thing where they show one of their older shows. Thats all I'm sayin.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 6:25 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
People like Zatch Bell. In fact, I sort of like it. It's a good show, even if you are maybe too old for it. Deffinitly fits Toonami.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 6:58 pm
reaper

Post subject:
-yeah Zatch Bell is good for the old and new toonami

-I have definitely been giving the new Toonami a chance, and I loved the programming schedule they had before which was something like JLU, Megas XLR, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rourouni Kenshin. That schedule was amazing. Then they started to show an hour of Teen Titans and an hour of One Piece. Therefore the new Toonami went from not so good to awesome to garbage.

-One Piece would've been astounding with better voice actors and less editing and although I hate that the crap version is on there, I guess if they were forced into it and are making a profit then maybe toonami can afford to get better programs in the future.

-Nobuyuki, just because they sell toys for it doesn't make it for kids. For example much more mature animes like evangelion and guyver were extremely gorey yet had a large toy selection

-for the last time, I never said that Naruto didn't belong on Toonami. Also, Naruto is more for teenagers because of Naruto's comical attack CENTERFOLD. If 4kids did edit it then I would've been angry because they were defecating on a great anime just like they did to one piece. I therefore am hoping that Naruto will drag toonami out of its current slope

-I don't necessarily want the old toonami back (hence the weekday showings), I want to see toonami bring out the good shows they used to. I don't mean to bring back the shows that toonami already showed but one's like them, like Naruto.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 9:58 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
reaper wrote:

-One Piece would've been astounding with better voice actors and less editing and although I hate that the crap version is on there, I guess if they were forced into it and are making a profit then maybe toonami can afford to get better programs in the future.

DBZ started the same way: crappy syndicated version that found new life and a new home where they could get away with less editting as time went on. Can lightening strike twice?

Now if you'll excuse me:
Quote:
much more mature animes like evangelion and guyver

I have to go laugh my ass off now. I'll be back after I'm done. Wink
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 8:15 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
reaper wrote:
much more mature animes like evangelion

Just for clarification, you used the words "mature" and "Evangelion" in the same sentence without a nullifying operator?

Just to be sure that we’re all talking about the same show, you know, Neon Genesis Evangelion. The one with warm water penguins, a perpetually drunk commanding officer, a clinically insane father who happens to be the head of a research project that manages to kill his wife, so he clones her and uses her for spare parts as much as possible before dragging is mentally f***ed up son into the mix, along with German teen-aged nut case with a thing for older men to bring about the end of the world so he can get his wife back, but everything goes kind of wrong and everyone just collapses into their own thoughts/ooze? Did they come out with an edit newer than Platinum Edition? The massive quantity of bodily fluids was the only “mature� thing in that whole series, the rest was merely people whining like children when they can't reach the candy jar.

Not to mention the fact that a few episodes did show on Toonami during Giant Robot Week.
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 8:36 am
reaper

Post subject:
-I said it was more mature for two reasons: blood and uhhh I guess if you like the show its complications. I only used it as an example because it is generally considered to be too mature which is probably why its airing on AS.

-I actually despise Evangelion and what WhtHawk said pretty much sums up why. A show can be stupid or just bad and still be for mature audiences. Examples: House of the Dead, anything that AS shows and calls comedy except maybe family guy or futurama.

-have you seen guyver Nobuyuki? Even if you haven't I have another example of mature shows that has a large toy selection. Aliens and Predator are those examples.
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 10:04 am
Bradial695

Post subject:
Most of the shows on old Toonami we're great. 8th team and Robotech come to mind, but I doubt no matter how much of a ruckus those of us who remember the Golden age of Toonami make, that they will ever bring the shows back. I'm ok with that. But, it seems a lot of you have forgotten the other half of Toonami: the bumps, commercials, and in-betweens that made the block seem like one big show.

Granted, I don't think you can do a whole lot to clips of teen Titians to make the show look like a never ending slug fest, but they were able to do a decent enough job on the transformer armada intros and promos to make me more excited about the show then was truly warranted.

The one part about Toonami I miss the most is the voice over guy. And, to me at least, getting the old feel of Toonami back would be easiest if they brought back the old school feel of the promos. Tom doing the promos for Justice League doesn’t get me as excited for the show as the voice over guy did when he told me to suit up again for the third showing of endless waltz that month.
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 10:15 am
reaper

Post subject:
Bradial695 wrote:
Most of the shows on old Toonami we're great. 8th team and Robotech come to mind, but I doubt no matter how much of a ruckus those of us who remember the Golden age of Toonami make, that they will ever bring the shows back. I'm ok with that. But, it seems a lot of you have forgotten the other half of Toonami: the bumps, commercials, and in-betweens that made the block seem like one big show.

Granted, I don't think you can do a whole lot to clips of teen Titians to make the show look like a never ending slug fest, but they were able to do a decent enough job on the transformer armada intros and promos to make me more excited about the show then was truly warranted.

The one part about Toonami I miss the most is the voice over guy. And, to me at least, getting the old feel of Toonami back would be easiest if they brought back the old school feel of the promos. Tom doing the promos for Justice League doesn’t get me as excited for the show as the voice over guy did when he told me to suit up again for the third showing of endless waltz that month.

agreed, that voice over guy rocked
PostFri Sep 09, 2005 10:23 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: