нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Wulin Warriors/"Thunderforce" Info
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Wulin Warriors/"Thunderforce" Info
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
(shifts this into offtopic land)

Whatever happened to the new Muppet Show. They had Kermit on The Daily Show it had be over a year ago talking about it.
PostTue Mar 15, 2005 11:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
The last time I saw The Muppet Show, it was on Nickelodeon sometime between '95-'97.

I believe Time Life or some other video distribution company sold various episodes of the series on VHS/DVD through a TV offer last year.

EDIT: Whoa! After a Google search, I found this. Very Happy
PostTue Mar 15, 2005 7:47 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Very early interview on the Daily Show after Jon Stewart took over. I have no sound at work but i thought Kermit mentions the new show.

BTW this is still one of the funniest interviews they have done after he remembers hes talking to a puppet.

javascript:openMediaPop('/multimedia/tds/celeb/celeb_5094.html','','SRM','high');
PostTue Mar 15, 2005 9:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok... How do you expect us to open Javascript like that?

EDIT: I found the link you were looking for!
PostTue Mar 15, 2005 11:44 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
I found the link you were looking for!

... but not the 'droid... Wink
PostWed Mar 16, 2005 12:47 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
You mean this droid that was with Kermit some years ago?
PostWed Mar 16, 2005 4:31 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Great now besides finding the holiday special on DVD. Now i need to find an obscure Sesame Street and Muppet Show to go with it.

You say Ba-Na-Na and i say bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
PostWed Mar 16, 2005 8:24 am
themadfish

Post subject:
Uh, well, I've been pretty obsessed with the Pili(pili translates to thunder force) puppet shows for a while. I just noticed today that it was coming out in the US, and I'm pretty excited about it. Though, I'm unsure of how it'll do in the US.

I'm worried about the dubbing(I think any fan of some foreign show is). But the problem is that in Taiwan, the puppet show is a form of traditional art. One person does ALL the voices. So in the show, all the voices, male or female, are done by this one guy. I doubt Americans would accept that, cause the female voices done by the guy takes a lot to get used to. I'm assuming they're going to have different people doing the voices.

As for the animation during the show...well, it's not that impressive, and doesn't always blend in with the puppets. I think it's probably rather hard for them to blend the two together. I'm hoping with the US release they'll update the animation. Most the CG effects are for the spells during the fight scenes. It bothered me the first time I watched it, but once I got into it, I pretty much accepted it as something to enhance the fights.

I'm also wondering if they're going to simplify the plot. The Pili puppet shows are NOT children shows. I think it's main viewers are adults. The Taiwanese used in the show is sorta like the equivilant of Shakespearian English. So a lot of the phrases the puppets use have a lot of double meanings. I have no clue how they'll translate some of this. My cousin who lives in Taiwan has to read the Chinese subtitles sometimes because he couldn't understand a certain phrase that they use.

Aaand it's kinda bloody. Granted, it's puppets, but heads do fly, and I just watched an episode when a guy shot another guy through the chest with an arrow...the arrow went through the guy and took his heart with it, pinning it to a tree while it slowly dripped blood.

It'll be interesting to see what their names translate to. Hopefully they'll just keep the phonetic sound and not use the English translation. Otherwise they'll get names like, Wind Sways Gracefully and other stuff like that.

I took a few screenshots around last year, so here's a few so you'll have an idea of what it looks like.

Usually the props and sets are very detailed.
http://ylpuppets.fotopic.net/p2889503.html
The puppets are handcarved, and clothing is incredibly elaborate.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/themadfish/puppets/pw00152.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/themadfish/puppets/pw00488.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/themadfish/puppets/uw00864.jpg

This is a short clip from one of the series. It's 8940kb or about 1 minute.
http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XN72KNJQJQD41GIEK4PQ9FY4F

I'll post more screenshots or video clips if anyone wants me to.
PostSun Jun 26, 2005 10:08 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'll have to go back and re-read this thread its been awhile since I looked at it. But do we have any idea when or if this is going to be shown in the US?
PostSun Jun 26, 2005 10:51 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
I'll have to go back and re-read this thread its been awhile since I looked at it. But do we have any idea when or if this is going to be shown in the US?

AWN reported that it's coming to CN in the Fall. That's all we know concerning the premiere date.

Here is the ol' article on it.
PostMon Jun 27, 2005 1:14 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
themadfish wrote:
This is a short clip from one of the series. It's 8940kb or about 1 minute.
http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XN72KNJQJQD41GIEK4PQ9FY4F

I'll post more screenshots or video clips if anyone wants me to.

The details on the models are excellent, and watching heads fly off in a spray of red confetti is pretty neat. Very Happy
And I thought the puppet movements were smoother than, say, Thunderbirds marionettes.

After watching that clip, I kind of like it, although I'm not sure many others who are used to flashy, seizure-inducing 3D CGI models will.

Which is a shame since something like Pixar's movies is basically an advanced form of puppetry anyway. Wink
PostMon Jun 27, 2005 6:35 pm
D-boy

Post subject:
The clip grabbed my attention, I wasn't quite sure what to expect at first. Was it just me, or did it seem that our hero was killing people with his hair?
PostTue Jun 28, 2005 6:29 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know it looked that way, but he's got a blood-covered sword in the shots near the end of the clip.
PostTue Jun 28, 2005 7:26 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: