нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Nobu, you're a truffle pig. There's no doubt about it now.

But I'm much better-looking! No, really...
Quote:
Seriously, that's just freaky . . .

I merely remembered Spook's original post and dragged it back before he could. It wasn't that long ago. Laughing
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 3:32 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I never said there was anything WRONG with being a truffle pig. I'm actually quite impressed.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 8:52 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
I merely remembered Spook's original post and dragged it back before he could. It wasn't that long ago. Laughing

My what with the who now?

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 8:59 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Exactly. Very Happy

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 10:02 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
ToonamiL wrote:
No, AOL Time Warner! First, a merge with AOL and then this. You were supposed to keep the channel from becoming MTV show dump.

I don't think that'll happen. Sure, Viacom may have fucked up Dickelodeon and Hardly Any Music Television, but some of the other stuff Viacom owns is run pretty decently by them. The New TNN/Spike TV isn't too bad. (Wrestling? Baywatch? THE A-TEAM?!? And the majority of the programming is uncut? I'm there!) They own the popular video/DVD rental place Blockbuster. BET is pretty good...that is, if you're into black entertainment. And Comedy Central has a few pretty good shows, though I wish they would stop relying on South Park so damn much. This new change in management (well, SORT OF a change; Viacom just has more power this time) oughtta be interesting...

Last edited by Daikun on Fri May 02, 2003 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 6:17 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Former Knight Rider star David Hasselhoff told SCI FI Wire that he's still executive producing a feature-film version of the 1980s TV show and is also developing a new TV series. Formerly known as Super Knight Rider 3000, the feature film is now simply called Knight Rider: The Movie and is in development at Revolution Studios.

Hasselhoff added that he is in talks to produce the new TV series. "Right now it's in this land of 'Which way are we going with it?'" Hasselhoff said in an interview. "I think for the film, we're going to go one way, and for the television series another way." Hasselhoff said that he hopes to have an acting role in both the film and the series. "I figure James Bond's about my age, so I could still be Michael Knight." No start date is announced for either project.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David Boreanaz (ANGEL), Tara Reid (AMERICAN PIE) and Dennis Hopper (SPEED) have all agreed to star in Dimension Films' THE CROW 4: WICKED PRAYER. The story centers on ex-con Jimmy Cuervo and his girlfriend Lily (Emmanuelle Chriqui). The pair are murdered by Luc Crash (Boreanaz) and his satanic gang as part of a ritual for Crash to become an immortal demon. Cuervo is resurrected as The Crow to take revenge, of course. Reid will play Lola, Crash's love interest. Hopper will play El Nino, the man who marries Crash and Lola.

On June 3, Universal is releasing a new "tricked out" DVD version of THE FAST & THE FURIOUS. Among other extras, it will include a free ticket to see the sequel, 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS, and a new short that serves as a prelude to the sequel.

MTV2 has ordered a new round of shows, but they have also canceled staple 120 MINUTES. The first new show is a resurrection of MTV classic HEADBANGER'S BALL. The first episode will air May 10, with Metallica guest hosting. TRACK 2 is a new show that features celebrities giving audio commentaries to their videos. NOSE DIVE will document key points in artists' lives that either ruined their career. New show SUBTERRANEAN will take 120's place, focusing on promising independent bands. CONTROL FREAK will also be redesigned to be more interactive.

PostWed Apr 30, 2003 2:09 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Get a first glimpse at THOMAS JANE in the title role of Marvel Comics' upcoming film based on their vigilante hero, THE PUNISHER!

Marvel's unstoppable vigilante THE PUNISHER hits the screen in a new action thriller directed by Jonathan Hensleigh, renowned screenwriter of genre blockbuster The Rock, Armageddon and Die Hard: With a Vengeance. Thomas Jane (Dreamcatcher, The Thin Red Line) headlines the film, which will be produced by Marvel Studios' CEO Avi Arad (The Hulk, Spider-Man, X-Men) and veteran producer Gale Anne Hurd (The Hulk, Aliens, The Terminator). Artisan Entertainment will release The Punisher in Summer 2004.

PostWed Apr 30, 2003 2:11 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
They really should have dyed his hair.....a blond punisher just doesnt have enough badassitude.
PostWed Apr 30, 2003 6:29 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
In wrestling news, Miss Elizabeth died in the condo of Lex Luger. An unidentified person called at 5:30Am about the sick woman. She was rushed to the hospital where she later died. Lex Lugar is in custody at this moment. Elizabeth Hulette was 42.
PostThu May 01, 2003 5:49 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Punisher? I Don't Even Know 'Er! In our efforts to stay on top of the mildly anticipated new adaptation of The Punisher, we tracked down Kevin Feige, executive vice president of Marvel Studios. We then grilled him on the movie, which stars Thomas Jane as Frank Castle, a vigilante with more firepower than most Afghan warlords.

First, know this: They're shooting it this summer, and we'll see a teaser very, very soon. "It's not going to be New York," Feige tells us. "We've [already] got a lot of heroes in New York, but it will be in an atmosphere where one would expect the Punisher."

Hmmm. What else? "There's a teaser coming out that I swear is going to bring the house down, whether you know who the character is or not," he says. Which movie will it precedes? Huh, huh? Will he ever tell us?

"Hulk," Feige says.

So, is this a trend, then, lower-budget comic-book adaptations like The Punisher instead of mega-bucks flicks like Hulk and Spider-Man?

"It all depends on what studio you're doing the movie with, what the star is, what the expectations are for the character," he says, adding that Ghost Rider (currently set to star Nicolas Cage as a skinless, chopper-ridin' skeleton) will be a big-money affair, while The Punisher gets done on the cheap. Or cheaper, at least. "He's not a traditional Marvel hero and doesn't have a costume, doesn't have a mask, doesn't require an immense amount of CG to pull off what he does," Feige says. "It's one of the best scripts we have, and it'll be made for a price."

Sounds like Death Wish to us. Will the Punisher be channeling Charles Bronson and other '70s vigilante avengers? "I'd say it will owe a lot to those films and to some of the actions and attitudes of those films, while at the same time being uniquely Frank Castle--both the '70s-origin Frank Castle and some of the more recent, popular Punisher series," Feige says.

You mean like writer Garth Ennis' brilliant "Welcome Back, Frank"-type stuff?

"Yeah!"

PostFri May 02, 2003 1:20 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Apparently Colin Farrell (DAREDEVIL) really wants the lead role in Joel Schumacher's film adaption of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. The problem is, he can't sing. However, it seems that he's turning to Russell Crowe for vocal lessons to help him in getting the part. It was announced earlier this week that Schumacher is seriously considering Scottish actor Gerard Butler.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Producer Dean Devlin has announced that he and director Roland Emmerich are working on a sequel to INDEPENDENCE DAY. "Roland and I are writing it, so hopefully it’ll come out good," Devlin said. "If not, we’ll bury it." About the chance to get the original cast back, Devlin said, "I think if we had a good script, everyone would want to come back. If the script’s not good, then they’ll probably tell us to go our own way."

PostFri May 02, 2003 1:22 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Carrie-Anne Moss, star of the upcoming The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, told Newsweek that she won't be doing any more martial-arts movies. "I will never do another kung fu movie again," Moss told the magazine, adding that she broke her leg during the first week of training for the back-to-back shoot of the two Matrix sequels.

"It's too stressful," Moss said. "It's stressful on the body and spirit. I mean, I loved it, and it was great to have a challenge like that. No, you know what? I didn't love it. I love that I did it, but I didn't love it." (...uh...ok... -Daikun)

Moss said that she fractured her leg doing wire work when she landed on it too hard. She says the training for the sequels was harder than on 1999's original Matrix. "The first time around I didn't know what to expect, and it was really hard, but ignorance was bliss. This time, it was brutal."
PostFri May 02, 2003 6:59 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sources report that actor, Jimmy Fallon will leave SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE following this season - which ends in two weeks. Fallon will be seen later this fall in Woody Allen's film, ANYTHING ELSE; as well as SHOPGIRL, based on the novel by former SNL'er Steve Martin.

FANTASTIC FOUR Director, Peyton Reed, confirms they have in fact hired former TWIN PEAKS writer, Mark Frost to write the current draft of the upcoming film. Reed denied to comment on the release date, or the chances of Renee Zellweger in the role of Sue Richards.

X2 star Alan Cumming told SCI FI Wire that he has joined the cast of director Joel Schumacher's upcoming film adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Phantom of the Opera. "I'm not going to be the phantom," Cumming said in an interview. "I'm going to be someone else." Cumming is well-known to Broadway fans, having played the Emcee in the recent New York revival of Cabaret.

PostMon May 05, 2003 12:29 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Keanu Reeves, who reprises the role of Neo in the upcoming sequel film THE MATRIX RELOADED, told SCI FI Wire that the new movie is more ambitious than 1999's original MATRIX. "It fractures out," Reeves said in an interview. "It splinters out, and there's many more ... stories being told. There's a lot of new characters."

The first MATRIX has a straighter narrative, Reeves said. But "I don't know if the ideas are so straight-ahead in terms of dual realities and what is reality? And what is truth? And what is fate? And dealing with man and technology ... and the whole aspect of trying to find an authentic life," he added.

As for the physical demands of the role, Reeves said, "it took a lot of training. The usual four or five months before, and then just training while [shooting]. I would have a fight, do some acting, the choreographer would come in, and then the training with that. I mean, it's demanding, but it's also one of my favorite parts of the piece." But Reeves added that his experience on the first MATRIX helped. "I was a lot better, more proficient at the wire work, and also it seemed that I was able to catch on to the choreography much quicker."

In a key scene, in which Reeves' Neo battles 100 Agent Smiths, played by Hugo Weaving, Reeves said "I got to work with 12 of the stunt men. So for three weeks we just did that, the fight. The other thing was just trying to learn the weapons. There was a lot of different weapons: the scythes and the swords and the stick ... and the long staff. There was a lot to learn." THE MATRIX RELOADED opens May 15.

PostMon May 05, 2003 12:31 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
About freaking time:

Paramount has announced that the Indiana Jones triology will be coming to DVD as a 4 disc box set for $49.95 USD, on November 4, 2003. Disc 4 will be filled with extras.

As EW puts it:

''The Adventures of Indiana Jones -- The Complete DVD Movie Collection'' will be a four-disc set, containing the three adventures and a disc of bonus materials.

''The fourth disc explores every facet of how the films were made -- from stunts to visual effects to the music and sound,'' Lucasfilm marketing vice precident Jim Ward tells the Hollywood Reporter. "We take viewers around the world to explore the history behind the 'Indiana Jones' legends.'' As a result, he says, the producers decided that director's-commentary audio tracks on the movie DVDs would be superfluous.

:opinion: Needless to say, the phrase "Bovine Scatology" or a variant with identical initials, comes to mind regarding the director's commentary remark. Laughing
Trailer available at http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/home_entertainment/indiana_jones_trilogy/
PostThu May 08, 2003 11:18 am
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 17 of 32

Jump to: