нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
http://www.pioneeranimation.com/news.php?id=67

Quote:
Anime continues to make inroads onto the small screen. The two latest hit titles are:
Oct 17, 2003

CHOBITS
Don’t miss the fascinating drama of a boy and his sentient computer, Chi. Where does technology become life? Catch it on the ANIME NETWORK this month! The Anime Network is North America's first television channel exclusively devoted to all anime programming and is available as a video-on-demand service from select digital cable providers. For more information (as it becomes available), please visit their company website at: www.theanimenetwork.com

HEAT GUY J
The android J and his human partner have been recruited by MTV! Their explosive battles against the mob will be lighting up the cable networks later this year or early in 2004! MTV is the top-rated, premiere cable channel among young teens and adults for music and hip entertainment.

Keep checking your local listings for the air dates, times and channels in your location!

PostSat Oct 18, 2003 8:27 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
This is the strangest piece of news I've seen in a while
Quote:
Heat Guy J hits MTV (2003-10-18 00:16:49)
Geneon has announced the Heat Guy J series will be run on the MTV cable network "later this year or early in 2004." No further details are available at this time

PostSun Oct 19, 2003 5:21 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Here, this ones for Ludwika.

Twentieth Century Fox Films has picked up Latin American rights to Magos y Gigantes (Wizards and Giants), the first feature-length animated film made in Mexico in over a decade.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Nov 03, 2003 5:16 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Doom...Doom...DOOOOOOOOM on your DVD.
AnimeWorks is ready to rain down Zim's doom upon the heads of animation fans everywhere with its release of Jhonen Vasquez' Invader ZIM. Anime fans have been screaming for this DVD release since IZ first aired on Nickelodeon in 2001 and now it’s finally here. Coming Spring 2004 will be the first of three double disc sets and a limited edition boxed set which promises to send fans' blood racing through their veins like giant radioactive rubber pants. The pants command them! Invader ZIM currently airs on Nicktoons TV, Nickelodeon's digital home for animated hits.

"We at Media Blasters are thrilled to add Invader ZIM to our powerful line-up, and expect it to be one of our flagship titles in 2004," said John Sirabella, CEO of Media Blasters. "ZIM has created quite a fan buzz in the anime community and we know that it will be a huge sensation!"

From the inventive mind of comic book creator Jhonen Vasquez, and co-executive produced by animation veteran Mary Harrington, Invader ZIM focuses on a paranoid alien named ZIM from the planet Irk who believes he is at the forefront of a sinister plan of galactic conquest. Jhonen Vasquez is famous for such fan favorite comics as Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, SQUEE!, and I Feel Sick.

AnimeWorks is a division of Media Blasters. Invader ZIM will be released in early Spring of 2004.

Nickelodeon, now in its 24th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in more than 86 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for more than eight consecutive years. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom International, Inc.

For further info, please visit: http://www.media-blasters.com
PostThu Nov 06, 2003 8:18 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
From this week's Right Stuf e-newsletter:
Quote:
Literally minutes before I was ready to send this newsletter out, we got word that
ADV has set a date for the first half of the Evangelion Director's Cut - it's
coming January 13, 2004! This is a whole 'nother look at the Eva world;
basically, Hideaki Anno (the director, of course) went back and added scenes to
TV episodes 21-24, to help flesh out some of the more mysterious parts of the
story. I have to admit, I'm curious to see if these new clips will answer
questions or just raise more... Also, this first Director's Cut disc also has an
interview with Weta Workshop's Richard Taylor! (Weta Workshop has done CG work
for the Lord of the Rings movies, and will be doing work for ADV's Eva movie,
too. Smile So mark your calendars, Eva fans (after all, I know I am! *runs off to
find a pen..*)

This news and more can be found today on Right Stuf's homepage.
PostFri Nov 07, 2003 1:34 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:

The Disney Channel will debut a new animated series DISNEY’S DAVE THE BARBARIAN, from Walt Disney Television Animation, in January 2004. Created by Doug Langdale, DISNEY’S DAVE THE BARBARIAN follows the comedic adventures of an offbeat family in the Middle Ages as they protect themselves and their kingdom from a world of odd foes. Dave is joined by his primping older sister Candy and his fierce younger sister Fang. Brawny Dave’s is at odds with his environment since he actually has refined tastes, preferring the finer things in life, like origami, bird watching and gourmet cooking. His brute strength and his fine art skills combine creativity to ward off villains in a variety of way.

"Through Doug Langdale’s approach to animation, DAVE represents a true departure for Walt Disney Television Animation in its presentation of wacky, off-the-wall comedy," said Barry Blumberg, president of the animation division. "This series’ melding of Doug’s improvisational comic nature and Disney Channel’s sensibilities of fun and family has proven a perfect example of the growing partnership between Walt Disney Television Animation and Disney Channel."

Langdale lives a dual life as an improvisational comic in Los Angeles with an equally distinguished career in animation. Twice nominated for Emmy Awards, Langdale created and exec produced DISNEY’S THE WEEKENDERS. He also co-created and co-exec produced the Saturday morning cartoon PROJECT GEEKER, and was exec producer/writer on THE MR. POTATO HEAD SHOW. He has written for DISNEY’S HOUSE OF MOUSE, HERCULES, DISNEY/PIXAR’S BUZZ LIGHTYEAR OF STAR COMMAND, ALADDIN, DARKWING DUCK, QUACK PACK and PINKY, ELMYRA AND THE BRAIN. He also story-edited Earthworm Jim and wrote most of the episodes.

Disney vet Howy Parkins is directing DAVE THE BARBARIAN. He has directed DISNEY'S RECESS and DISNEY’S LLOYD IN SPACE, as well as the upcoming Disney DVD/Video releases DISNEY’S RECESS: TAKING THE FIFTH GRADE and DISNEY’S RECESS: ALL GROWED DOWN.

Danny Cooksey (TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY, DISNEY’S PEPPER ANN) heads an ensemble cast as Dave. Joining Cooksey is Estelle Harris (SEINFELD) as Lula, Dave’s magical talking – well, nagging – sword; Tress MacNeille (DISNEY’S HOUSE OF MOUSE, THE SIMPSONS) as Fang, Dave’s small-yet-fierce little sister; Erica Luttrell (THE NEW GHOSTWRITER MYSTERIES) as Candy, Dave’s medieval material girl big sister; Kevin Michael Richardson (LIKE FAMILY) as Uncle Oswidge, a curmudgeonly sorcerer and the kids’ misguided guardian; Frank Welker (WHAT’S NEW SCOOBY-DOO?) as Faffy, the family’s miniature, lightning-spitting pet dragon and Jeff Bennett (JOHNNY BRAVO) as the stately narrator.

Recurring episodic voice cast members include Joan and Melissa Rivers as an evil empress and princess; and Paul Rugg (DISNEY’S ONE SATURDAY MORNING) as Dave’s chief foe, The Dark Lord Chuckles, the Silly Piggy. Metallica’s James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich make their animation debut in a single episode as rogue teenage dragons.

PostTue Nov 11, 2003 11:10 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Walt Disney has greenlit two new 3D projects from LILO & STITCH creator Chris Sanders and veteran animator Glen Keane. Carolyn Soper, vp of production for Walt Disney Feature Animation, briefly discussed the projects at a Producer’s Guild function on Nov. 6, 2003.

Soper said that Sanders is writing the script for AN AMERICAN DOG. She added that Keane’s project RAPUNZEL UNBRAIDED was just recently given the go-ahead. The company had asked Keane to develop a 3D fairy tale, which at first the 2D vet was reluctant to do. However, Keane’s willingness to try the new medium by approaching it from a different perspective, allowed Keane and the other 3D artists to share ideas and learn new angles to approach the new project. The rest is history. Plots for the two features have not been released.

Disney is in production on its first 3D feature CHICKEN LITTLE, which is scheduled to reach theaters in 2005. Mark Dindal (EMPEROR’S NEW GROOVE, CATS DON’T DANCE) is serving as director. Following up that project will be MULAN director Barry Cook’s 3D feature MY PEOPLES, a bluegrass musical that centers on a folk art puppet version of Abraham Lincoln made out of an old push broom.

Glen Keane is the best of the best, if he's in charge of the rupunzel movie than it will be flawless (at least artisticly). I'm really curious as to how disney's big man will do in 3 dimensions.

PostTue Nov 11, 2003 11:11 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
BLADE fans, more great news for you. Everyone’s favourite vampire hunter is now going to be getting his own cartoon. It will be made by MTV and after the huge success of the SPIDER-MAN cartoon.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 4:00 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cartoon Network's Boomerang, will mark December with a month-long "Boomerock" tribute to The Flintstones, the network said today. The month will showcase 240 hours of Flintstones programming, including movies and television specials.

During the month, Boomerang will devote three Fridays to twenty-four-hour (8:00am to 8:00am) marathons of The Flintstones From December 15 – 21 the network will devote its entire schedule to Flintstones programming. Series with episodes to be broadcast include The Flintstones, Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm and The Flintstone Kids. Flintstones films to be broadcast include: The Man Called Flintstone, The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones, I Yabba-Dabba Do, and Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby. Boomerang will also broadcast the television specials The Flintstones: Fred's Final Fling, The Flintstones: Little Big League, The Flintstones: Jogging Fever, and The Flintstones: Wind-Up Wilma .

Boomerang will also air three Flintstone's Christmas specials: A Flintstones Christmas Carol (1994), Christmas Flintstone (1964) and A Flintstone Christmas (1977).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time profiles Cartoon Network's Adult Swim bloc of late-night programming, noting that the network is scoring heavily among the 18-to-34 male demographic that seems to be eluding the mainline broadcast networks. The article has its shary of interesting tidbits: Aqua Teen Hunger Force's Meatwad can only change into three shapes for budget reasons; but co-creator Matt Maiellaro notes that the character is probably too dumb to come up with any other shapes.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 5:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, this doesn't so much about animation as it is about a project given to an animator.

Natsume Maya reports that Fukuoka City, a city in Kyushu that is currently pushing itself to become Japan's gateway to Asia, is building a 400-hectare (about one and a half square miles) artificial island to serve as a residential block, and the layout is based on a design by Hayao Miyazaki. The design, according to Fukuoka mayor Kotaro Yamazaki, is based on the ideals of "human relations, time and space, and natural environment," and will feature lots of trees and greenery, small animals, low fences, limited automobiles and a leisurely bus (15 km/hr or about 9 mph). Electricity on the island will be come exclusively from wind and solar sources. Miyazaki's design sketch can be seen at right.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 5:42 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey! What happened to the stickiness of the thread?
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 9:43 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd say it retired along with Spookmonkey.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 10:21 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
see the tv/movie news thread for the answer to that one... ah hell, I'll just repeat myself.

Nobody (or almost nobody) seemingly reads them and even fewer people post in them. Me, You, and Nobu are it. every now and again we get somebody else adding something but that's incredibly rare.

On top of that threads which really should be in here are posted elsewere and when I say something about it I essentually get yelled at. So, fuck it. It's unsticky and will stay that way. I figure one fo these days I'll stop posting in these threads and let them die but in the meantime have some animation news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Production has been halted on the Walt Disney Co.'s A FEW GOOD GHOSTS at Feature Animation in Orlando, Florida (BROTHER BEAR, LILO & STITCH and MULAN) due to creative differences and subject matter deemed not "universally appealing." The shutdown falls on the heels of recent closures (Paris and Tokyo) and layoffs, including 50 at the Orlando facility. It also puts into doubt the future of the Orlando facility, which employed 258 artists and staff on GHOSTS, a 2D/3D hybrid directed by Barry Cook (MULAN). Set to bluegrass music, the voice cast included Hal Holbrook, Dolly Parton and Lily Tomlin.

According to a company response, "We have shut down production on A FEW GOOD GHOSTS due to [a] variety [of] creative reasons. At this point in time it is undetermined if there will be layoffs or not. We are exploring our options and looking at our overall development slate to determine our next steps with the many talented animators." A decision on the fate of the Orlando facility is expected in January, as consolidation continues to swirl around the studio's home base in Burbank.

The beleaguered GHOSTS (previously titled MY PEOPLES and ANGEL AND HER NO GOOD SISTER) got caught in the continuing struggle to redefine feature animation at Disney, not only in terms of the trendier computer animation style popularized by Pixar but also in terms of commercial appeal. The plot centers on a group of ghosts inhabiting folk art dolls.

Meanwhile, BROTHER BEAR collected another $12M in its fourth weekend at the box office, bringing the total to $63M.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 10:24 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm just bored/curious... counting who posted what in the thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
News Post---Non-News Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spookmonkey
86---11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nobuyuki
27---8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daikun
13---5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
counterparadox
2---12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
chibizero
1---2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zechs
0---6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
beefy
1---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
beetdiggga
1---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yume_no_yuki
0---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
whthawk
0---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
johnnypsycho
1---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ph33rn3kkidsk1llz
1---0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
marioknight
1---0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cooolcorey
0---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
angelknight2780
0---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dillpops
2---0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fodder
1---2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
stryker24
0---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
megamantrigger
0---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
page
0---1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Total News Posts --- 132
Total Non-News Posts --- 56
with 5 posts unacounted for
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kinda interesting how the numbers breakdown aint it? Makes me curious about the other news threads.
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 10:58 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
The animated feature film, MILLIONAIRE DOGS, saw its U.S. premiere Nov. 15, 2003 at 5:00 pm on Cartoon Network in its Cartoon Theatre slot, with an encore on Nov. 16 at 10:00 am, as well as future airings to be announced.

Directed by Michael Schoemann (THE MAGIC VOYAGE) of the Munich-based animation house Benchmark Ent., MILLIONAIRE DOGS was released theatrically by PolyGram Entertainment in Europe while BMG Ariola released the soundtrack CD. The 80-minute feature had a limited release in the 2002 Kids First! Film Festival, which played theaters in American 15 cities, including Disney's El Capitan theatre in Los Angeles, where a panel of young Kids First! critics gave it an enthusiastic and unanimous 'Thumbs Up!'

Pop Twist Entertainment, Inc. sold Cartoon Network the movie about five irresistible dogs and a zany parrot -- J.D., Bella, Velvet, Sherman, Chuffie and the ever-squawking Emmo -- who live together under the protective roof of Miss Lilly's House of Pets. These scruffy but adorable dogs are the best of friends, a real team. Miss Lilly's sudden death leads to a mega-inheritance that turns these pups into a pack of pampered, millionaire dogs. Now they're in for the biggest adventure of their lives. Can their 'all-for-one and one-for-all' loyalty overcome their selfish newfound dreams of fame and fortune? Can they escape the evil plans of Miss Lilly's horrible niece Hannie and her even nastier nephew, Ronald, two connivers who would do
anything to get rid of those dogs and have the house all to themselves?

At the center of the pack is J.D., the city-smart, one-time street-dog tramp. He may look like a loner, but when the chips are down his natural leadership shines through. Velvet is the adorably trendy teenager with the ever-present headset on her fluffy ears, while Sherman is an oversized security-guard-cum-bodybuilder. Also part of the pouch pack is the brainy, puzzle-solving Chuffie and Bella, the glamorous circus beauty with a real soft spot for J.D. The wisecracking Emmo, a landlubber parrot who can't quite work up the nerve to fly, rounds out the gang.

"In this era of in-house production and pre-branded programming it's increasingly difficult to find U.S. TV homes for the unique animated visions of talented individuals," said Pop Twist president Doug Zwick. "So we were especially excited when Terry Kalagian of the Cartoon Network responded so strongly to MILLIONAIRE DOGS, and decided to pick it up."

MILLIONAIRE DOGS is a production of ORB Film & TV Production (Now Benchmark Ent. Pictures Prod. Gmbh) in co-production with EIV Entertainment Invest Gmbh & Co KG and ZDF. It was produced by Benchmark founders Deitmar Kablitz and Schoemann, and written by Hollywood-based screenwriters Karin Howard (THE NEVERENDING STORY II) and Joe Steuben, from an idea by Ute Schoemann-Koll.

Los Angeles-based Pop Twist Ent. works with producers worldwide to place their programs in the global market. Its slate includes features, documentaries and music programming, as well as the upcoming animated series WOMBAT CITY, a futuristic teen relationship comedy. For more about MILLIONAIRE DOGS or Pop Twist Ent., visit www.poptwist.com.

Additional Credits:
Art Director: Juan Santiago
Production Designer: Walter Kossler
Compositing and Special Effects: Bernd Deventer, Armin Vetter, Manfred Lindner
Background Supervisor: Julio Diez
Score: Gregor Narholz
Songs: Tobias Gad, Jacqueline Nemorin
Music Supervisor: Daydream, Stefan Broedner, Klaus Frers
Animation Directors: Carlos Alfonso, Chris Randall
Sound Mixing: Stephan Konken
Editor: Hans Losch
PostTue Nov 18, 2003 1:25 am
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: