нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Action block back again! (UPDATE #2)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Action block back again! (UPDATE #2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Why not have a permanent Gundam slot on ASA?

Cuz Bandai says so.

They want the Gundam franchise to be targeted to kids and teens. They don't want Gundam on Adult Swim. You wanna know why? Lemme give you a hint: It begins with an "a" and ends in "ction figures..." Wink
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 3:43 pm
FlashBack

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

FLCL is 6 episodes long.

Now, what is my point, other than to be a total dick?

Simple. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't rant. Action Saturday IS a prime spot for a great deal of shows. Gundam Wing and Outlaw Star are not those shows. Too little blood, too younger-person oriented. ASA is a prime spot for adult oriented action shows, like Bebop and Wolf's Rain. Inu Yasha is border, and so is Yu Yu Hakusho (it started on ASA, remember.)

But if you want it to thrive you have to show something that you can't get anywhere else. Family Guy and Futurama have thrived because they are on early enough that you can watch them and not screw yourself over at work the next day by being overtired, AND they were something that you could no longer get anywhere else.

The problem isn't the wrong old blood, its old blood period. And asking them to put Gundam Wing and Outlaw Star on ASA is, while I LOVE each of these shows, like asking them to put SD Gundam on ASA. If those ever come back, it should be to Toonami. Let's get the more adult stuff on ASA (Helsing, for example, would be dandy, from what I know if it) and leave the younger stuff in the spots that htey already own.

New Inu Yasha, which has a lot of fans hooked, and then Wolfs Rain, and entirely new show. Which then segues into CB which is form the same creator and style of WR, and then Trigun, which fits perfectly after CB. And these shows are old so if you've seen them you odn't feel bad about falling asleep to them.

Damnit people this is quite possibly the smartest thing they've done in a long time.

Why do I say that?

They're going to try and get people to watch Adult Swim Saturday (ASS (Best acronym EVER.)) through Futurama, top rated show, and Sealab, also a greatly watched show.

This will bolster the ratings of ASS any way you slice it. Stop complaining, watch the damn shows, and be merry.

let this response be a lesson to all: when you speak too much, the things you say start to not make sense...i've decided to respond to just this guy cuz everyone else's response was either not directed toward me, or actually made sense.

first off, i do have GW on dvd....but i also have Family Guy and parts of Futurama on dvd, so why the hell would i want to see them everyday too, simple, because sometimes you just want to see a show, because it's good. You are right, Gundam Wing was played to death, alhtough that happened like 2 years ago and i did happen to mention all the gundam series, not just that one. Nowadays, certain shows are slso being played to death, like Futurama and Family Guy. i enjoy the shows tho, so i watch them. If Futurama comes into Action Saturday, that means it will be on, literally, 7 days a week, at the same exact time slot...i dont know about you, but i dont think i like the show that much for it to be on that damn much. i love Family Guy with a passion, but that doenst mean i want to see it every goddamn day...if i wanted to see it that much, i would have gotten the dvds...ohh wait, i did! so there is absolutely no reason for it to be on that much.

Second....as i believe Rycel has said, i love that there is a separation between action and comedy....it's the way it was meant to be. when i first heard that they were thinking about merging comedy into A(ction)AS, i started a whole thread about it because i do value that there is a separation....Williams Street valued it too..they even made it their new years resolution to seperate it, and now they are pulling away from it. All im asking for is non-crappy old action shows, or even crappy action shows that are at least still fresh like Kikaider or .//Hack.Sign or maybe even Ruroni Kenshin to bring this very important time slot back from the ashes. Maybe they could even get their hands on Naruto. I dont even like Witch Hunter Robin, but it's fairly new, so that's at least a start. But Cowboy Bebop and Trigun need a rest, just like Gundam Wing and Tenchi needed a rest two-three years ago.

I'd rather have SVES than this pathetic version of Action Saturday
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 4:51 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
dude... you just told off CP.... man you're fucked...
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 6:31 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You do realize, Flashy, that you called your self stupid by saying that my response was too long to make sense. I did something called 'explaining myself'. Long does not equal not-make-sensy.

So let me shorten it for your puny mind, however.

Cartoon Network = BUSINESS.

Businesses like MONEY.

Shows have RATINGS.

RATINGS attract ADVERTISERS.

ADVERTISERS give BUSINESSES MONEY.

FUTURAMA get best RATINGS.

ASA not get best RATINGS.

Thus, Cartoon Network is not going to fulfill your dumbass whims. If you want to change it, make all your friends watch only ASA. But obviously, your voice is not undeniably true. If it was, ASA would be getting better ratings than Futurama, and CB wouldn't be watched as much and thus CN wouldn't take advantage of it's still-good-ratings.

By the way, you own Futurama. And Family Guy. Thus proving the undenyable popularity of these shows. Thus disproving your own points of you not wanting to see it on TV, and your points that why would ANYONE ELSE want to see it on tv.

So shut your pie hole, DON"T offend me again, and actually realize how the world works before you pine for more Gundam W or Outlaw Star.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 9:09 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
CounterParadox:2
Whiney-Bitch:1

FlashBack, how do you reply?
::hint:: Its not smart to fuck with a senior member Wink ::/hint::
PostTue Jun 15, 2004 10:52 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
except when they're wrong, but in this case the senior member isn't.
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 1:18 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Shrug* State Debate Team Champ this year. This stuff, s'what I do.

PostWed Jun 16, 2004 11:04 am
FlashBack

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
*Shrug* State Debate Team Champ this year. This stuff, s'what I do.

i go to sleep for the day, and this is what happens?

as the South Park kids said in the "you got served" episode, "Ohhh Nooo....It's ON!"

let me start this off a tad bit proper, and say i'll be less offensive this time around, cuz everyone took my first post way too seriously and apparently you cant fuck with a senior member.

*side note: Holy crap, im not a Newbie anymore....cool beans*

ill just make brief little points, cuz it works a lot better for all, so people dont have to waste minutes of their lives reading things they only care half-assedly about...

point one: you say futurama and family guy are big sellers and thats why they are replacing everything....that's great and all, but since GW and Outlaw Star havent been seen in like a year and a half, who knows how well they will do on a late night slot....im glad CN wants to make shitloads of money, but so did Enron and WorldCom, and it didnt work out too great for them. Why not try to appease AS core fans, and not people who really love those shows that used to be on FOX. (as i said b4, i love Futurama and FG, but i really dont need to see them 7 days a week...it's a bit of overkill)

point two: i dont just mean Outlaw Star and GW but programming worthy of Adult Swim Action....Why not bring Full Metal Alchemist and the other shows they are working on...they dont have to be old, but at least not as repetitive as CB and Trigun are becoming...im sure not everyone has seen all 26 episodes of both those shows, but when you run the series beginning to end 3-4 times straight, it's time to put it to a little rest.

point three: advertisers do give money...that's great and all, but if you start playing the same old crap over and over nonstop for 6-7 days a week, people will get tired of it, and people will stop watching as much as they do. so now is the time to start building a core audience around some other shows...but hey, that's just me.

if that's offensive to you, then i dont know what else to say

"i've never seen anyone with moves like that....they were so fast, and so furious....it was just too much!" - stan's dad
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
FlashBack wrote:
and apparently you cant fuck with a senior member.

Damn straight non newbish person.
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 5:51 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
FlashBack wrote:
Why not try to appease AS core fans, and not people who really love those shows that used to be on FOX.

Because there are more of the latter than the former, as proven by ratings.

"Money talks, bullshit walks" - And so far all the anime-crazy "AS core fans" have to show for themselves is #2. Wink
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 5:55 pm
FlashBack

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
because there are more of the latter than the former, as proven by ratings.

"Money talks, bullshit walks" - And so far all the anime-crazy "AS core fans" have to show for themselves is #2. Wink

YAY? wait, no that's bad....really bad....i mean all the people were for racial cleansing back in the day, it didnt make them right
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 5:59 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Animation and racial cleansing are not the same. Don't compare horrors of humanity with entertainment.

CN needs to shell out money for rights to shows before it can air them. If CN can make X amount of dollars on a show that's always gotten good ratings (like CB) and CN has already paid for the rights to air it, than that is complete gross profit. As opposed to scrapping it, taking a risk on something else, paying Y amount of dollars for it, and then possibly having it fail and no one watching it.

Thus, CB and Trigun remain, to provide a little stability in the lineup.

As for Point 2, AS continually gets new material. Right now there are new episodes of Inu Yasha, Wolfs Rain, and Case Closed, in adition to a slew of William Street Originals. Name a network that airs that many new shows DURING THE SUMMER. For years, summertime has been a deadland of TV. Be glad you're getting anything now. CN gets new shows failry often. But I'd hate them to completely scrap the lineup 100% in a DAY. Let them rotate their stuff in and out. They know what they're doing, it's their JOB.

Lastly, for as long as Futurama is the top ratings pull (Good thing it is, CN shelled out a LOT of money for it) it will air every night. Once it slacks off, CN will start showing it less. Ride it out and calm your ass down. Be happy CN exists at all. Be happy they get what they do.

PostWed Jun 16, 2004 6:18 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
FlashBack wrote:
YAY? wait, no that's bad....really bad....i mean all the people were for racial cleansing back in the day, it didnt make them right

I'm not going to ask how you equate "racial cleansing" with people not being interested in anime...

:add: Bah! Beaten to the punch by a counterparadox... Wink
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 6:18 pm
FlashBack

Post subject:
if you people cant see the obvious connection between racial cleansing and animation/entertainment, then i think the school systems have failed us all.

it's like my controversial teacher said best: I applaud Las Vegas for their incesant greed. At least they only market themselves towards adults, and are evil enough to do it to kids, like Disney World does

you really had to have been there to get the quality of the comment.
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 6:27 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
but... what does it have to do with racial cleansing...?
PostWed Jun 16, 2004 7:13 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: