нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
no offense yume, but this is a news thread, not so much an anime discussion thread. Actually it's not an anime discussion thread.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 1:51 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Statement from ADV Films re: Cartoon Network "Giant Robot Week"

HOUSTON, February 25, 2003 - Cartoon Network is currently airing episodes from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dai-Guard, Martian Successor Nadesico and the Harmony Gold production Robotech during the afternoon Toonami block as part of Giant Robot Week (Feb 24-28, 2003).

While recognizing the value and significance of the anime titles they were granted permission to broadcast, Cartoon Network is also bound by the exigencies of daytime broadcast-including the requirement that the content they broadcast be, per FCC regulations, suitable for children. Cartoon Network's edits, which were minor, were in accordance with FCC broadcast requirements.

ADV Films is very pleased that Cartoon Network requested episodes of these titles in their week-long celebration of the "giant robot" genre of anime, and we hope that their enthusiasm for the broadcast of anime will continue and grow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to tentative schedules released by the network, fan-favorite anime series Trigun premieres on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block March 31. In addition, Inuyasha returns to the block at 12:30 a.m., while Lupin the Third temporarily leaves the block.

Trigun takes place in the distant future on a deserted planet. Vash the Stampede is a gunfighter with a legend so ruthless he has a $60,000,000,000 bounty on his head. Entire towns evacuate at the rumor of his arrival. But the real Vash the Stampede, the enigmatic and conflicted lead character in Trigun, is more heroic, even though he usually acts like a complete idiot.

Here's the new tentative schedule, effective March 31:

11:00 p.m. - Futurama
11:30 p.m. - Home Movies
12:00 a.m. - Trigun
12:30 a.m. - Inuyasha
1:00 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop
1:30 a.m. - Reign: The Conqueror

PostWed Feb 26, 2003 2:23 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Variety reports that artist and animation director Raph Bakshi (animated Lord of the Rings, Cool World) is joining forces with Ren & Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi to produce a slate of low-budget animated features aimed at adults.

Working through Kircfalusi's Spumco studio the pair plans to offer an alternative to the family films being produced by Disney and DreamWorks. Their first project will be an R-rated teen exploitation pic titled Bobby's Girl, which they scripted when they worked together on The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse.

Bobby's Girl, produced by Eric Gardner and Kevin Klode, will lead a slate of films costing less than $10 million.

PostWed Feb 26, 2003 2:23 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The New York Times reports that Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling will do a guest spot in an upcoming installment of Fox's The Simpsons. Rowling has already recorded her voiceover for the episode, which reportedly sends Homer and family to Britain in search of a woman who had a fling with Grandpa Simpson during World War II.

Word has it that the Simpson clan will meet the author outside of a bookstore and begin chatting about her best-selling series. Unleashing further mayhem on the U.K., they also bump into Sir Ian McKellen (X-Men, Lord of the Rings trilogy) and jinx him before he goes on stage to perform in Macbeth.

Fox has not yet released information on when the episode will air.

PostThu Feb 27, 2003 7:43 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie finally has its official website.
http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/cowboybebop/
Check to see if it's coming to a city near you on April 4th. It's coming to mine.

PostSat Mar 01, 2003 5:05 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
and R rating?!
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 9:41 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just hope there's a second wave of cities they'll release it in. (200 miles is a little too far.) Sad
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 11:01 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm happy I only have a maximum 20 minute drive to see it. Most of that's from traffic.

PostSat Mar 01, 2003 8:38 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow, it's actually opening up near me. But I have no one to go see it with, so it doesn't matter.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 9:23 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
I just hope there's a second wave of cities they'll release it in. (200 miles is a little too far.) Sad

I'm in the same boat. I'd have to drive clear across my home state to get to the nearest theater it will show in. Those lousy executives, why not everywhere?
PostSat Mar 01, 2003 11:48 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Becuase they'll end up losing more money then they are getting from it. I hope it opens somewhere around where I live. I mean sure it'll be in New York don't mean it'll come to Long Island...Maybe I'll get lucky again
PostSun Mar 02, 2003 9:56 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
"Miyazaki Movies," a new website from Disney, highlights three upcoming DVD releases: Kiki's Dilevery Service, Castle in the Sky, and Spirited Away. In addition to summaries and DVD specs, the site includes news, reviews, multimedia, and a bio of Hayao Miyazaki.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Italy's Cartoon Network announced last Thursday the acquisition of The Adventures of Tenali Raman. The thirteen-episode, traditionally-animated series was produced by Toonz Animation India and focuses on the adventures of a popular Indian folklore character. It is scheduled to premiere on CN Italy in the second quarter of 2003.

The network also signed a pre-buy deal for The Adventures of Hanuman, another series currently in production by TAI. It is expected to be ready to air by early next year.

PostMon Mar 03, 2003 7:36 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Merriam-Webster recently updated its online dictionary and among the words included was the term 'anime.' Here is the full definition from Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: an·i·me
Pronunciation: 'a-n&-"mA, 'ä-nE-
Function: noun
Etymology: Japanese, animation, short for animEshiyon, from English
Date: 1988
: a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes

PostTue Mar 04, 2003 7:36 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cartoon Network announced today that ratings are up after months of decline. Codename: Kids Next Door (Fridays, 10 p.m.), has helped the network's ratings reversal. The series has set new series delivery and ratings records for the network since its debut in December. The series now ranks as the most-watched Cartoon Network Original of the year with kids 6-11 (up 74%), boys 6-11 (up 91%) and boys 2-11 (up 47%).

The launch of the network's new Saturday night action block, Saturday Video Entertainment System (7 p.m.-2 a.m.) on March 1 proved impressive. The block increased viewership in tween boys 9-14 and young men. The seven-hour block earned a 192% delivery gain with males 12-24 (427,000) and a 167% increase in rating (1.6). Tween boys 9-14 improved delivery (501,000) by 64% and rating (3.9) by 63%. Among young men 18-24, Justice League (10:30 p.m.) was the highest-rated show with an 0.8 rating.

Adult Swim guided Cartoon Network to its highest ranking to date (#5) for total day delivery of adults 18-13 among ad-supported cable. The Sunday telecast of Futurama (11 p.m.) scored its highest delivery and rating yet on Cartoon Network with adults 18-34, adults 18-24 and men 18-24. Among adults 18-34, the 1.0 rating was up 233% vs. last year, and delivery (626,000) increased by 208%. Adults 18-24 scored a 1.4 rating (up 180%) and delivered 385,000 viewers (up 221%). Men 18-24 garnered a 1.9 rating (up 171%) and 257,000 viewers (up 213%).

A special airing of The Iron Giant (Friday, 8-10 p.m.) also led Cartoon Cartoon Fridays to powerful double-digit gains with key demos vs. the same time period last year. The telecast was the #1 movie in delivery of kids 2-11 on basic cable for the week.

PostWed Mar 05, 2003 4:18 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sony Pictures Television International will be introducing a new version of the animated series Astro Boy, based on the popular Japanese series from Osamu Tezuka at MIP-TV 2003, according to Cynthia Turner's Cynopsis: Kids! publication. Fifty-two half-hour episodes will be produced with a target audience of children aged 6 - 11 years old. It will reportedly maintain the same anime look and feel as the original series. The news comes after Sony's Columbia Pictures announced that they will be making an all computer-animated Astro Boy film for 2005.

PostWed Mar 05, 2003 4:20 am
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: