нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
WooJae wrote:
My posting is not a bootleg posting - I myself assiduouly avoid bootlegs, so I find it a bit disconcerting to be called a pusher of bootlegs...

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MBI020227

It is due out in november for preorder, I am sorry if I did not clarify.

BTW, did people just find my link NOT funny? I'd like to know...
He's right folks. Deepdiscount is legit. It's the only place I buy DVDs.
PostFri Oct 17, 2003 1:50 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
I also get my dvds at deepdiscount. cheaper then amazon on most stuff.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostSat Oct 18, 2003 12:11 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
saturday night:

karou lets misao and gramps know that they'll be going back to tokyo tomorrow...while gramps wants to throw a party to lighten the mood, everyone seems to go their own ways on their last day in kyoto...

kenshin walks over to a small grave and offers up a prayer to someone he must've known from the revolution, and after a small chat with his master, realizes what he has in life...yahiko goes over to the remains of shishio's hideout, where he meets up with sanosuke: they both re-affirm their reasons for fighting, and sano basically accepts the death of his rival saito...seeing a heavy rainfall, misao takes off with an extra umbrella to meet up with aoshi...megumi takes karou out to a small dock and discusses the physical state of kenshin...megumi basically tells karou to be there for kenshin, and while it initially gets a little teary, a rainbow lightens the mood for them and everyone...

sano and yahiko are obviously lost getting back (gotta love sano's sense of direction), and they bump into megumi and karou...the usual sano/yahiko, megumi/sano exchanges take place until kenshin also shows up...another potential serious moment is lightened, as karou hears kenshin's familiar "oro?", causing everyone to break into laughter...

kenshin thanks gramps and aoshi before heading to the train station, where misao sees them off...as the train leaves, we get a shot at cho talking to saito, who talks about the still-standing grudge between him and kenshin...the group arrives in tokyo, and we get a nice moment between karou and kenshin before we say goodbye to the kyoto arc...

"I've returned, that I have..."

another laid-back episode to counter the tense feelings from just a few weeks ago...watching this again, and knowing how the anime and manga split from here, really made things more interesting with how future events of what would have been the manga were laid out had events changed during production...those in the dark about kenshin's actions may want to check out the first ova, released as "samurai x: trust" and "samurai x: betrayal" here in the states...

i really liked how everything just felt 'natural' again...everyone was able to go back to their regular ways-of-life as seen in the "wandering samurai" arc (sano's sense of direction/reaction to the train, kenshin saying "oro?", etc.)...the ending really provided a great sense of closure to the events that transpired over the past 35 episodes...

[ATTENTION: JJc14 gets really carried away here. Read on for more information concerning the "Tales of the Meiji" arc, but for those who just want the next episode title, scroll down to the bottom.]

now, according to schedule, cn will at least begin with the "tales of the meiji" arc next week, though how far in they plan to go is up in the air right now...beatdig(g)ga mentioned that the "christian" arc is not ready to air, and i'd also expect them to go through the kyoto arc at least one more time anyway, but there's four episodes between the end of the kyoto arc and the beginning of the christian arc, and from what i can remember, they're basically self-contained episodes similar to those seen in the "wandering samurai" arc...

of course, another thing to keep in mind (for those who are following the cartoon network run as their first viewing of kenshin), is that the tales of the meiji does not follow the manga as the previous adventures did...the animators wanted to wait for the manga to catch up so they wouldn't have to improvise a different ending (such as trigun did, for example)...this required them to basically make a "filler" season of the anime in order to buy some time...while how good or bad this turned out depends on the individual viewer, it didn't do well enough in japan and the show was cancelled after this season, meaning the rest of the manga was never animated (although a brief summary of the next manga arc did make it to the "samurai x: reflection" feature)...as such, many people don't really consider this part of the kenshin story, and that may actually be the best mindset to be in when viewing this...

my personal opinion is that i really enjoyed the first half of this arc, liked the setup but not the execution of the next story, and liked the characters but loathed the story and events of the final adventure before the last episode of the series...i'd elaborate further, but that would involve spoiling key events which i don't wanna do, especially not in a thread commenting on cn-aired episodes...

anyway, the above was probably a waste of time, as kenshin will very likely just start over after next week, but kicking off the tales of the meiji arc will be The Legend Of The Fireflies at the usual 11PM timeslot...
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 11:13 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's over. The edited to bejesus and back run of Ruroni Kenshin is over, and the Cartoon Network won't pick up new episdoes. In some ways (actually a lot of ways) it was a simple mistargeting. Toonami fanboys need to realize that the block belongs to kids who don't care about edits, like Yu-Gi-Oh!, and like Armada because they can't remember a movie showing a planet eating robot and the idiot Autobot who tried to stop him.
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 2:22 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Toonami fanboys need to realize that the block belongs to kids who don't care about edits

glad i still qualify then...one can be as young as they feel, right?

and beat, i don't have access to the november toonami/sves schedule, but are you saying that the current, premiere run of kenshin is near its end, or that the network is going to remove the show completely at the end of the month? you make it sound like the latter, which, while i'm not saying is impossible, would strike me as a bit odd, seeing as there's definite repeat-potential for the series, even in its so-called "edited to bejesus and back" form...
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 3:45 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
According to Toonzone guru Matt Wilson, Kenshin is gone after next week. For good. No reruns. The hack job will gather dust in a bin untill the CN contract with Media Blasters expires, at which point they may or may not renegotiate for Adult Swim.
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 5:11 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:

Maybe I'll be the only one to say this but I just can't trust a site like this. I see things like that all the time and something bad always happens....
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 8:32 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
According to Toonzone guru Matt Wilson, Kenshin is gone after next week. For good. No reruns.

one of us may be misinterpreting his words if we're thinking of the same quote...as mr. wilson has shared a similar view to yours about the series' toonami/sves airing, i think his exclamation in the talkback thread yesterday was about kenshin premieres, as opposed to the entire series itself...i bring this up because posters have brought up the issue in both the CN: Premieres: October and November Premieres... threads without any response from the man, and he'd be one to happily announce its cancellation, but with past mistakes i bet he's holding off until he gets more definite proof...

i'll concede to the possibility though, as my personal fondness of the series may be blinding me from the truth...we'll all find out soon enough...

you know what beat? while i got your attention, i'm curious to know your opinion about mtv picking up that anime series ("heat guy j" i think it's called? the name escapes me at the moment)...i'm surprised it hasn't been brought up on this board, especially since you know there's going to be edits (perhaps not content, but time edits are a sure thing due to that network's insanely long adbreaks)...i know you have to have something to say about it, so how do you think its gonna turn out?
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 8:51 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
JKyle wrote:

Maybe I'll be the only one to say this but I just can't trust a site like this. I see things like that all the time and something bad always happens....
I've gotten countless DVDs from them. They're real. The Saiyuki Boxed Set they sold me for $26 is the same one at stores for $40.

Packaging=real.

Korean/Chinese subtitles=non-existant.

Deepdiscountdvd=legit.

But hey, if you REALLY need to spend that extra $5-$80, go ahead.
PostSun Oct 19, 2003 10:20 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:

you know what beat? while i got your attention, i'm curious to know your opinion about mtv picking up that anime series ("heat guy j" i think it's called? the name escapes me at the moment)...i'm surprised it hasn't been brought up on this board,

Son of a ... definite proof that no one reads the "Animation News" thread... Sad

And likewise, I'd hold off on declaring Kenshin on CN dead (although it's extremely possible) until some solid evidence comes out, not just fan speculation.
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 12:08 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Son of a ... definite proof that no one reads the "Animation News" thread... :(

D'OH!

i apologize nobu, but just because i haven't been keeping tabs recently doesn't automatically mean "no one" reads it...i'll be sure to check the thread more often in the future, just don't be giving any random quizzes on the material, okay?

anyway, beat's answered my question over there too, so getting back on topic, did anyone have any comments about saturday's kenshin episode?
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 12:35 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
My thoughts? If they were going to stop the show, that episode would be the one to finish with.
A complete sense of renewal throughout the episode, from the fate of everyone favorite chain-smoker (or toothpick chewer Wink ), Kenshin putting his haunted memories of revolutionary Kyoto behind him, Aoshi starting to come out of his depression, Megumi stepping aside while hitting Kaoru with the "obvious stick", and a renewed sense of purpose for Sano and Yahiko.
And in the end, everyone goes home and lives happily ever after...*Yeah, right.*
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 12:51 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Question: Which episode is "Handsome Swordsman of Legend" again?
http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=viewAll&showID=325758&show=Rurouni+Kenshin
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 9:04 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Question: Which episode is "Handsome Swordsman of Legend" again?

that'd be the first episode of the anime...guess they're just teasing with the third arc before starting things over again, but that still beats out removing the show entirely...
PostMon Oct 20, 2003 9:18 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
for those who didn't see it last night, cn pulled Legend of the Fireflies at the last second and decided to go back to the first episode, Handsome Swordsman of Legend, thereby ending the second "season" of new airings at the end of kyoto (and making that long essay on "tales of the meiji" seem like a waste)...

for newcomers, brief summaries of the early episodes are buried in the beginning pages of this thread...while the future of this series' run on television is currently up in the air, remember that all twenty-two dvds have already been released, and the boxset of the first arc is set to be released in three weeks...

speaking of which, does anyone know where i can get some photos and/or further information about the wandering samurai box? from what i've seen, i can't tell if they're just repackaging the six individual dvd releases or redesigning the whole thing entirely...i'd appreciate any help...
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 11:18 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: