нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Well, it was on the old board...RX-78-2 Gundam Combat Report
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Well, it was on the old board...RX-78-2 Gundam Combat Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject: Well, it was on the old board...RX-78-2 Gundam Combat Report
Model Number: RX-78-2
Level of Development: Experimental Prototype
MS Classification: Close Combat
Name: GUNDAM

V PROJECT:

During the conflict between the Duchy of Zeon and the Earth Federation (known as the One-Year War), the EF decided to start a project that would create new MS, which the Federation would use to combat the Zeon soldiers. This project was called V project (those familiar with American history know that in WWII, a popular slogan was "V for Victory" hence the name of the project). Starting on Earth and ending in Side 7, V project brought about three new types of Federation MS: the RX-75 Guntank, the RX-77-2 Gunncannon, and the RX-78-2 Gundam.

GUNTANK:
The Guntank, the first of the V project MS, sported a new technology using convertible Core Fighter as an escape method. While a well armed MS, Guntank needed two people to use it: a pilot and a gunner. It also moved about on tank-treads, effectively limiting it to not only ground combat, but also making it a rather large, slow target for an aerial assault. If a Guntank were destroyed (which would be difficult due to the Luna Titanium armor), the ratio of destroyed MS to killed soldiers would be 1:2, a casualty rate too high for Federation standards.

GUNCANNON:
The Guncannon, second of the "Guntrio" didn't have these flaws, since it had legs and only needed one person to be the pilot and gunner. However it was still a slow moving MS. On the bright side, the Guncannon could utilize a new weapon: the beam rifle. It also utilized Luna Titanium armor, Core Fighter technology like the Guntank, and unlike Guntank employed 60mm vulcans.

GUNDAM:
Gundam was the third, final, and most powerful of this "Guntrio" created by Federation engineers such as Tem Ray, father of the first Gundam pilot, Amuro Ray. Like the Tank and Cannon before it, eight RX-78-1 Gundam prototypes were created by the V project staff at Federation HQ Jaburo, but of those eight, only three were sent to Side 7 for additional testing. As a result, these three RX-78-1 Gundams were enhanced into RX-78-2 Gundams. While the Gundam units were armored with the alloy Luna Titanium, the Gundam units were also equipped with a shield due to thinner armor than the older, weaker Gunsuits.

Also, because of the upgrades, the three Gundams could now utilize beam sabers, as well as new model beam rifles, thanks to an improved generator that boasted increased output. The Gundams also sported 60mm Vulcan cannons, one on either side of the head. The “Core Fighter” used in the Guntrio suits were also equipped with “Learning computers” that could record data from battles and use it to create strategies to improve it's performance on the battlefield.

COMBAT HISTORY:
Of the three Gundam units, three Guncannon, and two Guntanks at Side 7, only one Gundam, one Guncannon, and one Guntank survived. This happened because the MS carrier White Base was followed by Zeon ship led by Zeon ace Char Aznable. To make sure that the V project MS were in fact a threat to Zeon, Char sent three pilots (using Zakus) to go into the colony and investigate. For some unknown reason, only two Zakus actually attacked Side 7, suggesting that the Zakus were only sent to gather data. Whatever the reason was, two Gundam units, two Guncannon units, and one Guntank unit were destroyed. Also, all of the pilots trained to operate the "Guntrio" MS were killed, as well as most of the White Base crew. Thankfully, Amuro Ray had somehow secured a copy of the RX-78-2 instruction manual and came across the remaining Gundam unit. Since the Gundam was still activated and whole when Amuro found it, proper MS shipping procedures were obviously not implemented. This was actually a blessing in disguise as Amuro successfully destroyed two of the three Zakus and quickened the evacuation of Side 7.

Over the course of the OYW, Amuro's newtype abilities emerged and the Gundam was upgraded with a magnetic coating to enhance its joints and mobility to match Amuro's newtype reflexes. The combined power of the Gundam and Amuro's powers made for a seemingly invincible combination. However, at the end of the OYW, the RX-78-2 Gundam was destroyed in battle at A Baoa Qu. Amuro luckily survived the battle. As for the remaining five RX-78-1 Gundam units, four were used as technological testbeds. The two RX-78-2 units destroyed at Side 7 were reassembled into the RX-78-3 G-3 Gundam. These five Gundams were used only to test new MS technologies and enhancements. For example, G-3 was first to have the magnetic coasting applied. Of course, with testing their only purpose four of the five remaining RX-78 units never saw combat during the OYW. The remaining Gundam prototype (the fourth) was adapted for newtype use by the Federation (for Amuro specifically) and became the RX-78NT-1 ALEX Gundam.

TECHNICAL DATA: RX-78-2 Gundam
HEIGHT: 18m
NET WEIGHT: 43.3t
ARMOR: LUNA TITANIUM
GENERATOR (MAIN): NC-3D SUB (BACK PACK): NC-5D-5
SUB (WAIST): NC-7D SUB (LEG): NC-3MD
GENERATOR OUTPUT: 1,380KW
THRUSTER OUTPUT: 55.500kg
SENSOR RANGE: 5700m
HEAD PARTS: H.U.0078A2-60
MOBILE ARM UNIT: R&R-M322/D725
LEG UNIT: RX-LU-D1
BODY MODULE: RX-BU-C2

ARMAMENTS: BEAM RIFLE BAUVA-XBR-M79-07G X 1
BEAM SABER X 2
60mm VULCAN X 2
SHIELD RX-M-SH-008 X 1

CORE FIGHTER: FF-X7/AE-VB-N8500C
LENGTH: 8.6m
WIDTH: 6.8m
HEIGHT: 3.2m
WEIGHT: 8.9t
OUTPUT: 12.000hp
SPEED: MACH 4.8
MATERIALS: LUNA-TITANIUM
ARMAMENTS: 4MISSILE SHOOTER X 2
30mm TWIN VULCAN X 2

NOTE: To the public, the RX-78-2 used by Amuro was the only Gundam used, however due to lack of media exposure, the Gundam models RX-79 (G) type and the afore mentioned Alex Gundam and "testbed suits", the public does not know that the additional Gundams even existed. And while new RX-78 models were created in 0083(RX-78 GP01, RX-78 GP02A, RX-78 GP03S) due to the Delaz fleet incident, all information regarding these Gundams was deleted. This was to prevent the fact that the Federation had created outlawed, atomic weaponry and placed it on the Gundam GP02A Physalis from being made public.
PostMon Jun 23, 2003 11:28 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Umm. What is this for?
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 5:29 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
For Your Information.
Kinda' the whole point of this board... Wink
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 6:51 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
To post useless information?

PostWed Jul 02, 2003 6:52 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't know what you're upset about this morning, but there's no reason to take it out on everyone here. Razz

:Yes, I completely rewrote this to be less insulting than I was originally. It's for the best in the long run. :

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 7:11 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Well, I'm cranky and I'm having a problem in my social life.

Sorry for the trouble.

PostWed Jul 02, 2003 7:29 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Sometimes I find stuff like this interesting. Kinda like reading about the specifications of a super computer. You know you're never going to have one, but reading the specs on it is fun.
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 8:40 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: