нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - MTV and Metallica
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
MTV and Metallica
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: MTV and Metallica
Holy shit I cant believe this was MTV. It was goddamned near perfect. Energy soared during each performance even Avirl ROCKED. She kicked ass. Major Ass. I have a new respect for almost every band that performed up on stage. From Sum 41's melody of met songs from the opening to even Dursts Sanitarium it rocked. The weekest part of the over an hour and a half was Snoop Doggs Sad But True; but you know what he did something I didn't expect for that... He tried to sing. But you know what? I'm glad he did it he brought the idea that Metallica is universally loved to the stage and I respect the Snoopy for it. RLH, I couldn't sit down during the show; I had to wait for commercial breaks and when those were over I got my ass ripped out of that chair each time. Korn's performance of One floored me it was probably the best performance of the event save Metallica itself. I think I'll give a small rating of each performers umm.... performance now \on a scale of 1 to 10. One being Backstreet Boys lame and 10 being, well, metallica kicking ass.

Sum 41 w/ a medley of For Whom The Bell Tolls, Enter Sandman, and Master of Puppets
7 of 10
Great energy to start the show off and really impresed me with their skill. Singer was good but not really suited for those types of songs but it didn't distract from the overall enjoyment of the piece.

Aaron Lewis from Staind w/ Nothing Else Matters
6 of 10
It was him, his guitar, some other dude and his guitar. What was that acoustic song he had some time ago from the Family Values Tour? You know the one, the one where Durst is singing too and sounds like a moron. Well this performance He tried to capture the personal side of it that we all feel when we hear NEM but didn't quite do it. It was good but it let a little steam out of the bag.

Avril Lavigne w/ Fuel
7 of 10
I was waiting for pain. It never came. Her band showed some real chops when they tackled this song. I've never heard her or her band sound so good. James comment about never ever picturing a girl singing his lyrics just busted me up. All she really REALLY needed to do was step out from behind that damn microphone swtand while she sings. She has a death grip on that thing. Not only isnt this a performance to fear you should look forward to it.

Snoop Dogg w/ Sad But True
5 of 10
After Avril I thought maybe even Snoop could do Metallica. I was wrong really really wrong. I actually left the room so I couldn't see Snoop killing the song; but it was int he other room that I really started listening to him. It was then that I realized he was trying with pretty much all his might to sing it... he just couldn't. I appreciate the effort and his presence and so he gets a couple extra points on the scale.

Jim Bruer w/ If you're happy and you know it
9 of 10
Jim's a huge metal fan for anyone if you didn't know but holy shit this man got Metallica down pat. He starts off with how you never just say you like metallica it's always screamed w/ pride. He works into the difference between James and Lars' stage precence and their different takes on how to work the crowd. And lastly he states that half of the band has family, wives and kids and how while it will change the songs written it will never change the attitude. Begin heavy trash metal If You're happy and You Know it Clap Your Hands. Reactions from this whole bit form the band are priceless.

Korn w/ One
9 of 10
Not only did they rock the place they had James and the rest of the band roaring. There is very little I can say other than their standing ovation was well deserved. I want to see another Korn/Metallica concert tour and I want it NOW.

Limp Bizkit w/ Sanitarium
4 of 10 for first half of the song and 8 of 10 for the second. Over all average of 6 of 10.
The first half of the song sucked I mean really, Dursts singing was way monotonous and rather boring but after a certain point he dropped the Durstsesque Bizkit styled singing/whining for a more standard metal gutteral yell. Much ass was kicked after that point.

And lastly......

Metallica w/ a medley of Hit The Lights, Enter Sandman, Blackened, and Battery
10 of 10 baby!
They kick it hard they kick it fast and they will never stop rocking! There is a reason that this band is the biggest and the best metal band in the history of all things rock. They have influenced the world over for 22 years. 22!

Oh and the last song of the show was a new track from St. Anger. They didn't release the title of it b ut let me reassure anyone who haven't seen it. The Metallica we knew is back. Prepare to get thrashed.

Oh and for some reason I actually teared up during part of it; I don't remember why though but man... emotions ran amok. Oh yeah, it was awesome hearing Jason say that he's looking forward to going to Metallicas next concert. I wish I had it on tape I want it so bad so I can rip the performances off and burn them into CD to listen in the car.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat May 17, 2003 12:26 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
MTV playing music?! I guess I need to keep an eye out on the schedule. When is this getting repeated? I really want to see it. It sounds awesome.
PostSat May 17, 2003 7:05 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I dunno, you gonna have to look it up for your area.

PostSat May 17, 2003 10:00 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
Korn rocked the hizzouse! Much deserved props to Sum 41! And Metallica is back, baby! YEAH!!!!!!!! Laughing

BTW, Bruer's impersenation of Lars was classic!
PostSun May 18, 2003 9:27 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
We're gonna kick your testicles to hard....

That is most definitly something Lars would say. Man I wish I could afford to go to the summer sanitarium tour to see them for a (I think) fourth time (it might be fifth, I don't remember). I hope they will be running a smaller longer tour later.

PostSun May 18, 2003 11:31 am
GoufCustom

Post subject:
I would have gone to the Summer Sanitarium tour, but lineup absolutely sucks, with the exception of Mudvayne, and of course the almighty Metallica. If they do another tour, I'm definitely going. BTW, you have to see Rob Trujillo live, the man is a monster, and his strange presence is killer! I really looking forward to St. Anger as well. Hey, Spook, as well as Metallica fans, check this 30-Minute clip of the 'Tallica movie... Some Kind Of Monster.
PostSun May 18, 2003 12:16 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
I cannot wait to see this, seriously. It sucks that instead of Dill mailing it to me on wednesday, I have to wait until NEXT sunday before I see it. *growl*

Still, what you said about tearing up, Spook, I can guarantee that at Reading in the summer I will cry at some point during their set. Probably if they play Fade to Black. They are one of my three favourite bands. Guns N Roses, well, that just isn't going to happen. Pearl Jam are touring everywhere BUT Europe this summer. So 'Tallica it is. Minus Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park of course, but instead with System of a Down and Sum 41. Heh heh.

I did read somewhere what the new song they played on MTV is called. I'll have to go and find that out.
PostSun May 18, 2003 3:28 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
It's called Frantic. MTV2 will also be playing the new 'Tallica video, "St.Anger", on Tuesday at Noon (or midnight? Shocked ).
PostSun May 25, 2003 12:28 pm
Ladymercury

Post subject:
It was great, not being a big Metallica fan and all, but it was great to watch. Smile
You last visited on Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:38 pm

and the bitch of anime returns....
PostSun May 25, 2003 1:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
GoufCustom wrote:
It's called Frantic. MTV2 will also be playing the new 'Tallica video, "St.Anger", on Tuesday at Noon (or midnight? Shocked ).

Midnight probably. I heard Rob Zombie say they'd premiere it on heqadbangers ball and thats a show I don't think will be on at noon.

PostSun May 25, 2003 2:30 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
My friend saw it on TV over here yesterday. And didn't come and tell me it was on. Gutted.

In other news, my completely useless family (yes Dill, this means you) came to visit, bringing two videos as they weren't sure which one had the Icon taped on it. Neither of them did. This is after ten days of me saying "Make sure you bring me the Icon video. Make sure it's the right tape". I am so annoyed! Bah! Twisted Evil
PostSun May 25, 2003 4:49 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
RanmasLadyHalf wrote:
My friend saw it on TV over here yesterday. And didn't come and tell me it was on. Gutted.

In other news, my completely useless family (yes Dill, this means you) came to visit, bringing two videos as they weren't sure which one had the Icon taped on it. Neither of them did. This is after ten days of me saying "Make sure you bring me the Icon video. Make sure it's the right tape". I am so annoyed! Bah! Twisted Evil

*glares at dill* so mean.... so very very mean. You'll eventually see it, just obviously not any time soon.

PostMon May 26, 2003 2:54 am
GoufCustom

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
GoufCustom wrote:

Midnight probably. I heard Rob Zombie say they'd premiere it on heqadbangers ball and thats a show I don't think will be on at noon.

Well, it's been confirmed, the video will air at 12 a.m. on Tuesday on MTV2 the video will AIR on Headbanger's Ball next week. The video will also air on MTV on Tuesday at 11 p.m.
PostMon May 26, 2003 12:38 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
headbangers ball so needed to make a come back. I have a reason to watch mtv again... albeit mtv2 but its still mtv. really, who better to start hbb back up than zombie?

PostMon May 26, 2003 2:03 pm
Jedi_Klonoa

Post subject:
Dude, I cant believe i missed that, this totally bites. Oh well, i dont really watch MTV anymore. I'm more into URANIUM, it's a heavy metal circus with the hottest goth chick ever (Juliya). But to stay on topic, I am so looking forward to St Anger. I dont care what it sounds like, a new Metallica album is good for me.
PostTue May 27, 2003 11:29 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: