нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What is the future of Toonami?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What is the future of Toonami?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about the new saturday toonami?
it makes pokemon look good
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
it sucks
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
it is alright there are some good shows
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
it is doing great
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I love all of the new toonami shows
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
I am crazy about it and I hate all those old shows
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gouf strapped to "Sexy no Jitsu"
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

keithk3391

Post subject: What is the future of Toonami?
Hi everybody who is reading this fourm. Toonami is on saturdays which is disapointing me because I don't think toonami dosen't have enough time to show all those good shows that I would like to see. Does anybody know that cartoon networks plan for toonami in the future. I would like toonami come back on weekdays. I also would like more of dragonball, dragonball z, and other of those good old japanese cartoons. Please post your opinions of this new toonami and if you know anything about toonami's plans in the future.
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 10:14 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think you need to spend more time reading the rest of the threads on this board.
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 10:20 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah; if the boards been around for three years, you have to expect all of this to have been discussed at length already. Instead of us going through the motions of posting our thoughts again, why don't you just go through some old threads?
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 12:23 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
*shakes the magic 8 ball*

Ask again later
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 12:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keithk3391

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Yeah; if the boards been around for three years, you have to expect all of this to have been discussed at length already. Instead of us going through the motions of posting our thoughts again, why don't you just go through some old threads?

Where's the fun of that when I can ask Question
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 3:12 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF TOONAMI
Well alright, then.
keithk3391 wrote:
Hi everybody who is reading this fourm. Toonami is on saturdays which is disapointing me because I don't think toonami dosen't have enough time to show all those good shows that I would like to see.

You're 14 months too late to complain.
Quote:
I would like toonami come back on weekdays.

Not happening. Especially not in the afternoon.
Quote:
I also would like more of dragonball, dragonball z,

DBZ uncut, Monday-Thursday at 10:30 PM, which you'd have known if you'd bother to read.
Quote:
and other of those good old japanese cartoons.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote:
if you know anything about toonami's plans in the future.

Reading is good for the soul

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 5:14 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Is there any way that we can remove the '!' and '?' emoticons from this board? The others are fine, but when people substitue those for actual punctuation, it annoys me to no end . . .

Any way, about this topic. The veterans won't feel like answering you, though they are the best to tell you right where Toonami is and where it's headed. Why? Because it would take way too much effort. Hell, I just got back from 8 hours of landscaping, so you're not gonna get much intelligent thoughts from me. The newbies, who are mostly Naruto fanboys/girls, will tell you that Toonami is about to enter a new age of greatness: The day that Naruto premieres. They'll also tell you that Cartoon Network will screw up the dub, even though CN doesn't have anything to do with the dubbing.

That's everyone opinion in a nutshell. Oh, and don't use all caps for a topic title. Why? Because your topic is not any more important than anyone elses.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 5:15 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Oh, and don't use all caps for a topic title. Why? Because your topic is not any more important than anyone elses.

Fixxor'd. Wink
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 5:21 pm
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
Im actually looking forward to the american naruto dub.

Toonami was better on weekdays but its still cool once a week. They have more time for shows,but no DBZ movies.....
The only thing they need to do is leave the original intros,get better shows to replace the bad ones and show better promos and movies.
Other than that toonami is pretty good on saturdays only.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 6:02 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually Toonami is better off in its current version. Getting a feeling of Deja Vu in this thread. Toonami was hurting very badly at the end. Whether it was the fact that it was only two hours. And those two were some form of Dragonball Z or Dragonball. Plus it had Powerpuff Girls, Hamtaro, SD Gundam and a lot of other questionable shows. Plus you had Thundercats and some other shows snuck in there as well.

Im a fan of Powerpuff Girls (i have a small daughter thats my excuse). And Im a fan of oldschool cartoons like Thundercats. But by moving it to the weekends we got to have newer and better shows. And the old toonami just got renamed Miguzi and didnt really change.
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 6:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vegito1471

Frequenter

Post subject:
but before it was hurting badly it was really really good. It had shows like outlaw star, tenchi muyo,gundam wing,and ronin warriors which was really good. They showed movies like the early DBZ movies and blue sub no.6. Tom actually said something once in while.Finally, DBZ was what put toonami where it is today and you should be greatful to get to watch it.
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 6:14 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Grateful to get to watch Dragonball? Im sorry are you being serious? You act like its so serious.

Yes in its best days Toonami was wonderful. And yes im a fan of Dragonball Z. And Im watching the unedited episodes. Im also a fan of all the other animes it used to show such as Outlaw Star. But what you dont seem to understand is that Cartoon Network is a business. It didnt have the ratings to support the schedule.

Cartoon Network works on some very slim ratings and every little niche helps. If its more profitable for them to run miguzi in the evening timeslot then thats what they have to do. Plus they had to edit everything they showed to death because of the timeslot. Where it is now is a safer place to run edgier animes and shows.

Grateful to watch Dragonball Z. I cant believe you said that. Take some time to think before you type next time. Lets not forget its a business and they have to do whatever is necessary to keep the entire show running.
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 6:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actaully Fodder, I think grateful might have been the right word. Too often, people say "DAMN YOU TOONAMI! BRING BACK TEH GUD SHOWZ!!!!!!!!11111111one" People are constantly complaining that Toonami could be better and shouldn't edit things and Outlaw Star, GUndam Wing, and DBZ should be brought bac k, etc., etc. But the fact of the matter is that Toonami is a big reason that anime is as big as it is right now, and no longer as much of a "Oh, you like THAT? What a GEEK . . . WEDGIE TIME!" And a big part of how Toonami was able to do that was DBZ.

Maybe Vegito phrased it a little odd, but if the message was "You shouldn't bitch about Toonami" then he's right.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 6:49 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know im not the only one who is watching anime because of Toonami. But what I hadnt realized before coming here was how much I had actually watched before seeing DBZ.

I just keep seeing the one post where it had said that Trigun couldnt be on Toonami because of excessive gunplay. And when you watch the series you realize that not to be true. But some of the edits do go to far. Think of some of your favorite animes and what they would be liked edited to death.

Think about Neon Genesis with all of its religious content removed
Think about Trigun without the guns
Think about Cowboy Bebop with any edits
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 7:10 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:

Think about Cowboy Bebop with any edits

But Bebop was edited on [as]. Confused
PostFri Jun 24, 2005 7:31 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: