нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - So, uh...Fullmetal Alchemist ended, and... [Spoiler Alert]
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
So, uh...Fullmetal Alchemist ended, and... [Spoiler Alert]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: So, uh...Fullmetal Alchemist ended, and... [Spoiler Alert]
...though I'm one of the few that still wait on TV runs of shows to watch 'em, I'd have to think that someone around here noticed. I've watched the last episode twice, and I'm still uncertain as to whether or not I liked it. Now don't get me wrong, the series itself was one of the best I've seen in years, serving to rejuvenate my love for action animation, but it seemed like there were far too many loose ends for the finale to completely cover. Wrath, Gluttony, and Dante all sorta disappeared, and the "Gate" concept itself seemed to duck a lot of explanation as far as its relationship to the homunculi and alchemy itself. Still, I did enjoy much of what went down (I've adapted to accept the "open" ending in the last few years), and am glad to see that Mustang made it out alive. The extended closing was done well, with us getting a glimpse of all the characters one last time...

Anyway, I also hear there's a movie coming around later this year. Is this the typical "condense the series into 90 minutes" dealie, or are we talking a continuation of where the series left off? Anyone else care to comment on the series?
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 2:22 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
The movie is supposed to pick up where the TV series left off. It has the remaining characters, some new ones, and the remaining sins: Wrath, Gluttony, and a pissed off Envy.

You can view one of the trailers on ASF.
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 3:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
I thought the ending was OK. Sure, it didn't explain what happened to Dante or Gluttony (sorta explained what happened to Wrath), but that's probably what Conqueror of Shambala(movie title) is for. The whole plot point about Ed being killed by Envy was a bit stupid (in my opinion). How could Ed be killed so easily after dealing with the likes of Greed and Sloth?
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 4:03 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gundam0084 wrote:
I thought the ending was OK. Sure, it didn't explain what happened to Dante or Gluttony (sorta explained what happened to Wrath), but that's probably what Conqueror of Shambala(movie title) is for. The whole plot point about Ed being killed by Envy was a bit stupid (in my opinion). How could Ed be killed so easily after dealing with the likes of Greed and Sloth?

Even without seeing the movie, It's not hard to figure out what happened to Dante(just look at the bottom of that elevator). The same with Wraith. As for Ed getting killed by Evy, it wasn't really stupid. Envy killed him the same way he did Huges, Shock. There really isn't much more to it. As for Ed beating Greed and Sloth. Greed lost because he relied too much on his "armor" and Ed found a way around it. As for Sloth, almost the same thing. Ed took advantage of the her special ability. Also if you haven't noticed aside from shape shifting, Envy is a very skilled fighter.
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 5:21 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
If the Philosopher's Stone was made from thousands of people, how could it get all used up just by bringing Ed back?

You'd think there would still be some leftover after that. Unless Al intentionally used it all or gave it to the gate.
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
If the Philosopher's Stone was made from thousands of people, how could it get all used up just by bringing Ed back?

You'd think there would still be some leftover after that. Unless Al intentionally used it all or gave it to the gate.

Well seeing as they needed to make a new stone whenever they transferred souls. It isn't that odd you would use it up if you brought someone back from death/brink of death. Also you forget Al gave his soul up along with the stone to save Ed.
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 6:29 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, I said this a long time ago, and I'll say it again. I don't like episode 51 of FMA. The series gets progressively more and more awesome all the way through episode 50. And then 51 just tries too damn hard to end unhappily. It really does feel like they TRIED to leave loose ends and make you feel "awww that sucks".

Anyway, as proof of how awesome most of FMA is, not only did it rejuvinite MY interest in not only anime, but also animation, but a good friend of mine, who has NEVER liked anime, started watching it on Adult Swim a few weeks back, and even though he has NO idea what's going on, he loves the show.

So the show is awesome.

But the last episode . . . damnit man . . .

ANYway, something I asked about a while back. See, we're led to believe that Al's soul is contined within the armor, right? But the question is, if Al's soul is restored to his body, then why does he have no memories of what happened over the past few years? It makes me question whether or not the armor actually WAS Ed's brother. And if it WASN'T, then, what, was it just some mindless recreation that just HAPPENED to have feelings and be able to sacrifice itself for Ed? And if that's the case, then how is CREATING something with feelings and less bad than RE-CREATING something with feelings (Ed and Al's mother, for one.)

Stupid creators. They did this just to piss me off . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 8:19 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Dante was eaten.

Al's memories were part of the trade.

This pisses you off? Imagine how I feel about Wolf's Rain and the Big O. 60 combined episodes leading to the SAME DAMN ENDING.

Oh, I guess this means I'm back on the board.

Seriously, FUCK that we're in a new world and the old was a dream or maybe the new is a dream or whatever shit.
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 8:35 pm
reaper

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
Gundam0084 wrote:

Even without seeing the movie, It's not hard to figure out what happened to Dante(just look at the bottom of that elevator). The same with Wraith. As for Ed getting killed by Evy, it wasn't really stupid. Envy killed him the same way he did Huges, Shock. There really isn't much more to it. As for Ed beating Greed and Sloth. Greed lost because he relied too much on his "armor" and Ed found a way around it. As for Sloth, almost the same thing. Ed took advantage of the her special ability. Also if you haven't noticed aside from shape shifting, Envy is a very skilled fighter.

Actually, when concerning the defeat of Greed, Greed let Ed win and explained why he died and how to kill the remaining homoculi. Sloth's destruction was pretty much Wrath's fault since he put her weakness inside him and then merged with Sloth without thinking causing her paralysis. Otherwise, Sloth probably would have won the battle. Also, I remember hearing of another homoculus appearing in the movie called pride. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 9:07 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Fuhrer was Pride, and for most extensive purposes, Mustang killed him....
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 10:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
reaper

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
The Fuhrer was Pride, and for most extensive purposes, Mustang killed him....

Embarassed Ah yes now I remember.
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 10:28 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
Beefy wrote:

Well seeing as they needed to make a new stone whenever they transferred souls. It isn't that odd you would use it up if you brought someone back from death/brink of death. Also you forget Al gave his soul up along with the stone to save Ed.

Well, the previous stone wasn't as large as the Al stone, and it lasted Dante about 400 years, which would be at least 4 body swaps.

I just don't see how Al could have used up that big stone, unless he intentionally gave it up.
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 10:49 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
But Dante used it to stave off death, gotta think the price tag on reversing it is much higher.
PostMon Mar 20, 2006 11:12 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Back up a mo', the Philosopher's Stone is made of Soylent Green? Confused
PostTue Mar 21, 2006 3:01 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
reaper wrote:
[Actually, when concerning the defeat of Greed, Greed let Ed win and explained why he died and how to kill the remaining homoculi. Sloth's destruction was pretty much Wrath's fault since he put her weakness inside him and then merged with Sloth without thinking causing her paralysis. Otherwise, Sloth probably would have won the battle. Also, I remember hearing of another homoculus appearing in the movie called pride. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Meh, it's be almost a year since I seen it. And while you see someone who looks like the Fuhrer, it isn't Pride. About the only homoculus you see in the other world is Envy.

Beefy wrote:
Well, the previous stone wasn't as large as the Al stone, and it lasted Dante about 400 years, which would be at least 4 body swaps.

I just don't see how Al could have used up that big stone, unless he intentionally gave it up.

I can't recall ever being told how long they last in a body. Anyway as I said before it was used to transfer souls. But if you are talking about bringing someone back from the gate it's a different story.

And yes Nobu, It's made of people damnit!
PostTue Mar 21, 2006 6:53 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: