нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Comic book publisher Marvel and 20th Century Fox settled a lawsuit over licensing rights to the X-Men characters, Associate Press reports. Although the terms of the settlement were not released, both sides are looking forward to expanding their relationship and have "amicably resolved the dispute."

Fox produced both the 2000 film X-Men and this summer's sequel X-Men 2. Marvel and the studio sued each other in 2001. Fox sued Marvel Enterprises, Tribunte Entertainment and Fireworks Entertainment, claiming their syndicated TV series Mutant X violated an agreement licensing the X-Men characters for future films. Marvel then countersued, asking the court to dismiss Fox's claims and arguing that the TV show used different characters. A federal judge in New York ruled that the series could proceed as long as no reference was made to the original X-Men comic books, characters of Fox feature, while allowing Fox to pursue a claim of breach of contract.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced the list of nominees for the 75th Academy Awards this morning. Of the five films selected in the Best Animated Feature Film category, three are Disney releases. Lilo & Stitch, Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away and Treasure Planet will be up against Twentieth Century Fox and Blue Sky's Ice Age and DreamWorks' Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.

The race for Best Animated Short Film sees Ray Harryhausen's sentimental favorite The Tortoise and the Hare shut out in favor of Tomek Baginski's The Cathedral (Platige Image), Eric Armstrong's The ChubbChubbs (Sony Pictures Imageworks), Chris Stenner and Heidi Wittlinger's Das Rad (Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH), Pete Docter and Roger Gould's Mike's New Car (Pixar Animation Studios) and Koji Yamamura's Mt. Head (Yamamura Animation)

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 7:09 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: MUTANT X star Victor Webster talks.
I saw that Capt. America movie. It wasn't that good, either. But better than the TV-movie version made a few years earlier.

Regarding Supes:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Whether he gets the role or not, Webster has a few opinions.

"If I was the director, I would make it very dark, very gritty. I would make it mean something,” he says. “I would go with somebody who feels really good about the character and develops the character, as this movie does, and I would direct it very dark."

Wrong. Absolutely the wrong approach. Superman is NOT a dark character the same way Batman is. There is tragedy, yes, but Superman doesn't wallow in it- he rises above it and puts it behind him, transcending his origins and leading humanity to the future. [/fanboy rant] Wink
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 7:15 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Supes has his dark stories, I'm sure they will either pick one or make one up along those lines.

PostWed Mar 05, 2003 7:40 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was just venting. I've been of the opinion that "Barbra Streisand's Hairdresser" (Jon Peters) is a moron with no talent or creative imagination for years now. Smile
All better now.
PostThu Mar 06, 2003 9:35 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
When Universal unveils the next installment in its big bucks, big-screen "The Mummy" franchise, it may well be without stars Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz.

The latest concept being unwound for the third "Mummy" would have ancient King Imhotep waking up "in contemporary times, with new stars" according to "The Mummy" himself, Arnold Vosloo.

Vosloo notes that Brendan and Rachel were last seen with a baby in "The Mummy 2," and if they were to come back for more "Mummy" duty, questions about aging their characters would have to be addressed. On the other hand, "in a weird way, we've kind of done that period," observes Vosloo of the two films set in the 1920s. "Taking the story to a different time would open up all new possibilities. It could even be set in the 1950s or '60s -- whenever the Mummy wakes up." He notes that filmmaker "Steve Sommers is such a great writer. He's working on 'Van Helsing' with Hugh Jackman now, and after that he'll probably focus on 'Mummy 3.'" As for the dead king who keeps us in wrapped attention, Vosloo expects to return for "Mummy 3." "I'm like the shark in 'Jaws,'" he says.
Vin Diesel told SCI FI Wire he begins filming the SF sequel film Riddick in Vancouver, B.C., in two weeks, with some improvements. After difficulty with the contact lenses in the predecessor movie, Pitch Black, Diesel ordered a new set for the sequel. "We've upgraded from hard lenses to soft," Diesel said in an interview.

Diesel said that he had a hand in the development of the film, influencing even the scientific explanations for the film's villainous creatures. "[I've been] creating creature characteristics and attributes you won't see until scene two or scene three and researching on the Internet to explain negative matter: where these villains come from, these Necromongers," he said. "[We have to explain] their scientific existence."

Diesel added, "We're going to create this huge universe. And I'm excited about exploring this character's purpose in this universe and what his whole deal is." Riddick, the first in a proposed new trilogy of films centering on Diesel's character, is anticipating a June 25, 2004, release.

PostWed Mar 12, 2003 3:59 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Columbia Pictures has tapped Jonathan Hale (STAR WARS: EPISODE II) to write a film adaption of Marvel Comics' book THE GARGOYLE. Hale says that his script will "actually very little connection" with J.M. DeMatteis's 1985 series. The updated script will center on a boy who begins talking to a gargoyle on top of his apartment building. When a 100-year old curse is lifted, the gargoyle begins hunting for a talisman that will return it to flesh and blood. Marvel's Avi Arad is negotiating to produce.
HBO went ahead with their retaliation plans yesterday, filing a $100 million lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court against THE SOPRANOS' actor James Gandolfini in response to his own suit last week. Bert Fields, attorney for HBO, said the cabler is, "seeking the damages that will result from his failure and refusal to perform his contract." HBO has confirmed that they will not go ahead with a fifth season of the show unless Gandolfini signs for it.

PostWed Mar 12, 2003 4:03 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Saban to Buy Control of ProSiebenSat.1
The Associated Press
Mar 17 2003 3:39PM

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - U.S. entertainment mogul Haim Saban broke into Germany's television market Monday with an agreement to take control of the country's second-largest private broadcaster from bankrupt KirchMedia.
KirchMedia is selling a controlling stake in ProSiebenSat.1, which has four television stations, to pay creditor banks following the collapse last year of Bavarian entrepreneur Leo Kirch's media empire.

The deal would make Saban a major force in a market with only two major private players - ProSiebenSat.1 and its larger competitor, Luxembourg-based RTL Group, owned by media giant Bertelsmann AG. Public TV stations have almost half of viewers.

Saban started out as a bassist in an Israeli Beatles tribute band and later made millions supplying free music for cartoons in return for royalties later. He earned another fortune by buying the rights to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a Japanese-made children's show he shopped around for several years before it took off on U.S. television in the 1990s.

He reaped a reported $1.5 billion from the sale of Fox Family Worldwide cable network joint venture to The Walt Disney Co. in 2001.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 2:52 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
That man is evil. I hope his network goes bankrupt.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 2:48 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Paramount Pictures and MTV Films are negotiating with Girlfight director Karyn Kusama to helm the live-action feature version of the 1995 animated MTV series Aeon Flux, created by Peter Cheung.

The ultra-cool, ultra-violent, futuristic action series, which aired during MTV's late night Liquid Television block, follows the adventures of a female super spy with icewater apparently running through her veins.

Gale Anne Hurd and MTV's David Gale are producing the feature from a script by crazy/beautiful scribes Matt Manfredi and Phil Hay.

PostTue Mar 18, 2003 11:30 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Artisan Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today that Thomas Jane has been cast in the title role of The Punisher, the feature film production of Marvel Comics’ immensely popular comic book series of the same name.

PostFri Apr 04, 2003 12:43 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Blond? Since bloody when is the Punisher blond . . . ?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Apr 04, 2003 6:15 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmm.....maybe they could use this new fangled product I think they call it

PostFri Apr 04, 2003 7:26 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yep.

Oh, by the way, Ratner's off Superman now. WB declined to pick up his option. Project starts over (again) at square one. Rolling Eyes
PostFri Apr 04, 2003 10:40 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The new trailer for Disney's Prirates of teh Carribean has been released. I am sad to say that everyone who thought it was a stupid idea shouldn't look because hot damn this is one spicy meatball.

Small version

Big kick ass uber sweet version

PostSun Apr 06, 2003 6:29 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
TV Tome is reporting that problems are threatening the completion of the final episodes of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. Rumor has it that there are numerous production problems and costs are way over budget.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kirsten Dunst—who reprises the role of Mary Jane Watson in the upcoming sequel film The Amazing Spider-Man—told SCI FI Wire that moviegoers should expect a very different character. "She's going to be a much stronger woman and empowered by herself and her sexuality and her choices in life," Dunst said in an interview. "She's going to be a very strong woman."

Dunst added, "I felt that Mary Jane was a little insecure in the beginning and didn't know what she wanted. Now she's taking hold of her life and her decisions and not letting Peter [Tobey Maguire] dictate how their relationship should go."

Dunst said that the sequel deals with loneliness and picks up the first film's theme of responsibility and great power. She added that she met with director Sam Raimi and the screenwriters last year, before any script was written. "[They] asked where I saw my character going and what I wanted," she said. "And they gave it to me. That's really nice, to be able to change things and to really be creatively involved in where you want your character to go. ... I think it's going to be better than the first one, for sure."

The Amazing Spider-Man starts production on April 12, with an eye to a July 2, 2004, release.

PostMon Apr 07, 2003 11:21 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 13 of 32

Jump to: