нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Anime Channel will finally come about
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Anime Channel will finally come about
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
BebopDeathGod wrote:
all of the Gundams are the best anime series ever made. (except for G)

I'm sorry but that just sounds increadibly newbieish either that or ignorant. wait that's the same thing. no seriously it does.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Nov 10, 2002 10:52 pm
IsmHawk

Post subject:
A channel has to be made so the people of america can see that anime is not some wille coyte (sp) kind of cartoon, but to show that its a new, better form of entertainment. but then again, there can also be trouble. Like with the Action Channel, anime was showed all the time on week nights, adn then it all or a majority of it dissappered. So many the channel is needed or maybe it will sink...

I talk to much..... Twisted Evil

~Lord IsmHawk~
-Megalomaniac since 1984-
PostSun Nov 10, 2002 11:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
IsmHawk wrote:
A channel has to be made so the people of america can see that anime is not some wille coyte (sp) kind of cartoon, but to show that its a new, better form of entertainment.

urge to kill rising.... First it's Willy E. Coyote, Sooper Genius. Second, anime is not a new better form of entertainment. Not even close. One of anime's classics, Astro Boy, was created in the 50/60's. That's the same time period when most of the Looney Toon shorts we are so familiar with were created. Better form? hardly. Anime is a different style of American cartoons, nothing more. There is a different attidute in them due the cultural differences. The avg Japanese viewer's sense of humor and such vary from the normal American. This produces shows on different sides of the same coin. American animation is popular is america but just about as much so as Japanese animation is here. Unless the cultures merge together meshing together Japanese Animation will not stay on the rise it is seeing currently. The biggest difference between american and japanese animation is that the japanese know that their audience is comprised of a large percentage of adults. America is just now learning this, or should I say the adults now are voicing it. We have seen a vast dry spot in america when it comes to more adult oriented animation, the drought has been around since WB stopped producing the LT shorts. I'm tired, I could go on. I could have made this more orginized and easier to read. But screw it. why waste my energies on ignorance.

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 12:00 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
We have seen a vast dry spot in america when it comes to more adult oriented animation, the drought has been around since WB stopped producing the LT shorts.

Gotta side with the 'monkey here. Of course we've also had a great dry spot of American children's animation until recently.
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 2:10 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
We've had a constant light sprinkle of childrens animation. The 80's had a number of decent shows and the 90's had a butt load of them (alot from disney). But television animation quality has basicly been on the rise since Hanna Barbara basicly invented it. There's only a few ongoing animated shows each year that are worth watching.

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 2:38 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
IsmHawk wrote:
A channel has to be made so the people of america can see that anime is not some wille coyte (sp) kind of cartoon, but to show that its a new, better form of entertainment.

urge to kill rising.... First it's Willy E. Coyote, Sooper Genius. Second, anime is not a new better form of entertainment. Not even close. One of anime's classics, Astro Boy, was created in the 50/60's. That's the same time period when most of the Looney Toon shorts we are so familiar with were created. Better form? hardly. Anime is a different style of American cartoons, nothing more. There is a different attidute in them due the cultural differences. The avg Japanese viewer's sense of humor and such vary from the normal American. This produces shows on different sides of the same coin. American animation is popular is america but just about as much so as Japanese animation is here. Unless the cultures merge together meshing together Japanese Animation will not stay on the rise it is seeing currently. The biggest difference between american and japanese animation is that the japanese know that their audience is comprised of a large percentage of adults. America is just now learning this, or should I say the adults now are voicing it. We have seen a vast dry spot in america when it comes to more adult oriented animation, the drought has been around since WB stopped producing the LT shorts. I'm tired, I could go on. I could have made this more orginized and easier to read. But screw it. why waste my energies on ignorance.

D00d... Calm down(and get a Dell). Before you hammer him for being a poor ignorant s.o.b(not that he doesn't deserve it for screwing the name of the coyote)...

It may not be new and better, but it is different. When you've watched a lot, it seems kinda strange going back to a lot of American programming. And I don't mean the stuff on TV. DVDs, what some people may download, and imports- it makes watching an episode of an average disney show... Different.

(much of the following info is what i've read from the "Ask John" column on Anime Nation, which i consider accurate and worthy of respect)

You may be right that a lot more adults are anime watchers in Japan, but remember that the the primary target for a lot of series is teenagers- Cowboy Bebop, which on CN is being aimed at adults, was primarily targeted at kids the age of the majority of board users. I'm not saying that it's wrong for adults to watch it, I'm just putting it in perspective.
The really racey series that are targeted at adults are often aired in the early hours of the morning- and people do watch and most likely tape them.

(back to personal opinion)

There is no realway to measure how much longer anime will rise for- if you look at some shows like Totally Spies, you see some Japanese-style influences- the eyes, the five foot wide mouths, etc. While you're right, that unless we annex Japan or vice versa we're not going to have a culture mesh, don't think that there won't be more influence- on BOTH sides of the Pacific.
And finally perhaps one reason all these n00bs are so fanatical is that it's pretty much obvious that anime gets hatcheted - a whole helluva lot - and a few American shows can get away with some things. When people see injustice, they want to right it. It's human nature.

This may seem unfocused, but I just had too respond to you Spook. I couldn't let you just bash the n00b without a little logic first. Go ahead and finish him for his rash statements though.

Last edited by AdmiralGreer on Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 2:48 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
We've had a constant light sprinkle of childrens animation. The 80's had a number of decent shows and the 90's had a butt load of them (alot from disney).

This is true.
Quote:
But television animation quality has basicly been on the rise since Hanna Barbara basicly invented it.

I think I'm the only one here who can remember the "Dust Bowl" years of the mid-to- late '70's. Smile
Quote:
There's only a few ongoing animated shows each year that are worth watching.

Truer words have never been spoken. More people need to keep this in mind. Wink
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 2:48 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
D00d... Calm down(and get a Dell). Before you hammer him for being a poor ignorant s.o.b(not that he doesn't deserve it for screwing the name of the coyote)...

Ok, you do remember how this is one of a few things that just pisses me off. If you don't you really didn't pay attention at the old board.

Quote:
It may not be new and better, but it is different. When you've watched a lot, it seems kinda strange going back to a lot of American programming. And I don't mean the stuff on TV. DVDs, what some people may download, and imports- it makes watching an episode of an average disney show... Different.

That's exactly what I was saying.

Quote:
You may be right that a lot more adults are anime watchers in Japan, but remember that the the primary target for a lot of series is teenagers- Cowboy Bebop, which on CN is being aimed at adults, was primarily targeted at kids the age of the majority of board users. I'm not saying that it's wrong for adults to watch it, I'm just putting it in perspective.

It's america's first steps into the reality of audiences that Japan has already done. As long as the current trend continues and evolves we will be seeing more "adult" animated shows eventually.

Quote:
The really racey series that are targeted at adults are often aired in the early hours of the morning- and people do watch and most likely tape them.

Yes yes, but that's also due to the fact japan doesn't have the extreme censors that american television has. The stuff they show in the early morning will only get a chance here on some sort of digital/premieum channel.

Quote:
There is no realway to measure how much longer anime will rise for- if you look at some shows like Totally Spies, you see some Japanese-style influences- the eyes, the five foot wide mouths, etc. While you're right, that unless we annex Japan or vice versa we're not going to have a culture mesh, don't think that there won't be more influence- on BOTH sides of the Pacific.

There is no problem with being styles being influenced. Anime was and still is influenced heavily by Mickey Mouse. But you notice more and more anime are doing away with the large dow eyes and are using the more realistic eyes that have been common in american shows/movies for quite a long time.

Quote:
And finally perhaps one reason all these n00bs are so fanatical is that it's pretty much obvious that anime gets hatcheted - a whole helluva lot - and a few American shows can get away with some things. When people see injustice, they want to right it. It's human nature.

It's becoming a smaller and smaller hatchet and people are complaining more and more. Injustice is done to american animation too, but you want to know why there is far fewer edits for our shows? Because they are made in america and know basicly what can and cant be shown. this fact works its way into the writing sometimes pushing the envelope sometimes not. the japanese shows that come over to be aired did not have that "advantage" so editing and sometimes rearranging has to be made to make it more "pallatable to Joe Schmoe.

Quote:
This may seem unfocused, but I just had too respond to you Spook. I couldn't let you just bash the n00b without a little logic first. Go ahead and finish him for his rash statements though.

No, I think I just needed to clarify my previous post a bit more I think. It hjad nothing to do with him being a newbie. I've gone on this kind of rant on a few of the regulars before too.

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 3:07 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
I think I'm the only one here who can remember the "Dust Bowl" years of the mid-to- late '70's. Smile

I can't say I had the opertunity to experience that first hand. You know, seeing how I was born in 1980 and all. Wink

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 3:08 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
First it's Willy E. Coyote, Sooper Genius.

You're also wrong, Souper Genious. It's Wile E. Coyote.
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 3:54 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I stand corrected. Wile E Coyote it is.

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 4:07 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
That's a good monkey.

*Gives him a banana*
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 4:12 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
don't make me hunt you down and stab you 37 and a half times in each brain hemisphere. *takes the banana and shoves it somewhere on Daikun where he wishes it wasn't* Besides, I got my own. *eats a banana that a three-headed monkey hands him*

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 4:17 am
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
BebopDeathGod wrote:
all of the Gundams are the best anime series ever made. (except for G)

I'm sorry but that just sounds increadibly newbieish either that or ignorant. wait that's the same thing. no seriously it does.

I just really really really like mecha. Especially Gundam.
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 8:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
don't make me hunt you down and stab you 37 and a half times in each brain hemisphere. *takes the banana and shoves it somewhere on Daikun where he wishes it wasn't* Besides, I got my own. *eats a banana that a three-headed monkey hands him*

NO! Don't eat that banana! MY banana was at least fresh. The banana that the 3-headed monkey gave you that banana was up...well, somewhere...
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 10:48 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: