нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Oww my head
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Oww my head

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Oww my head
Okay i've had the entire DB GT series to watch for a week now. I started watching from episode 7 saturday and made it up to 38 tonight. I think im going to become a Great Ape if i watch much more of it. I think i need to spend some time watching something completly different to make up for it. Maybe 6 hours of care bears would do it.

I've come up with a lot of things about DBGT. First the starting 10 episodes searching for the dragonballs looks and feels like like Dragonballl. As soon as they come back to earth it becomes more like DBZ. The animation and story lines of the first 10 episodes arent anything to write home about. And almost made me stop watching it entirely. Now that i've moved into another story line things are getting more interesting. Im still trying to decide my take on the whole SSJ4 thing. But then im only half way into the series.

If you reply to this thread. Please dont include spoilers. I've avoided learning about DBGT to actually enjoy it. Go fiqure.

But if your a DBZ or DB fan you owe it to yourself to sit through it.
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 10:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zer0

Post subject:
From what I've seen of GT I was very, very , very unimpressed. (As many are.) I saw some of the beginning episodes of the Bebi (Baby) saga. It was choppy at best. It tried to give a DB feel but with DBZ powers, not good. But I think it might be better when the evil shenlong saga starts. Thats my take anyway.
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 10:32 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
As you get into the bebi story. And towards the part where shenlong gets involved it gets better. Now im up to episode 40

Actually let me say this. During the first 10 episodes. Its pretty much Kamehama that ends a battle. And you rarely see them go Super Sayijin. When you get deeper into the bebi episodes. It comes back.

I have to say this about SSJ4. Its nice to see its not another version of long blond hair. Its a completly different take on the SSJ thing. And i think thats cool. SSJ3 was just starting to look stupid. Although the ape eyes were cool
PostSun Feb 01, 2004 10:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
I personally never liked GT. 1) It's just a "cash-in" title. Toriyama didn't have a dang thing to do with it, depriving the whole thing of his personal writing flare. 2) The "bigger and better" trend was taken to ridiculous heights. By the end of the series (no, this is not a spoiler, but a stated fact) the extent of this trend reaches everyone and "it is for to laugh at." 3) O'Doyle rules! 4) "Don't mess with Texas." 5) *vaugue spoiler*It offers no more closure than DBZ's ending in the long run.
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 1:20 am
AmuroSenshi

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
I personally never liked GT. 1) It's just a "cash-in" title. Toriyama didn't have a dang thing to do with it, depriving the whole thing of his personal writing flare. [/color]

I've been living under a rock, seeing as I haven't seen GT; is the bebi saga as bad as say, Tenchi In Tokyo?
PostFri Feb 06, 2004 3:04 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
It really comes down to this. If you liked Dragonball you will like the first part of the bebi (baby) saga up to say episoide 7. If you liked the freeza saga you will like up to episode 35 of GT starting at 7. I wasnt a real fan of Dragonball itself. Which means i didnt like the opening GT episodes.

Was it made for cash? Yes. Do i care? No. It extends of the shelf life of the characters and gives us new people to look at. It goes a little weird places, at least up to episode 40. But if i had to take looking at this or ending DBZ with Goku abandoning his family and obligations for the sake of training Ubuu. Id take GT ina heartbeart. Its the same with Big O. Season 2 was there so Cartoon Network could cash in on the fans. Was it the same quality and story line as Season 1? Heck no. Would i be happier with it not existing? No. I want to see the characters i know and love.

The argument against this is the ongoing Transformers shows. In which case it can sometimes be a case of it being bad to continue something at a lower level of quality.

Im still more of a fan of Z then GT. But i have to say its nice not to see mouths wide open every 30 seconds when someone brings something up. Its also nice to see them bring back a lot of things and characters from the past.
PostFri Feb 06, 2004 5:55 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
It goes a little weird places, at least up to episode 40. But if i had to take looking at this or ending DBZ with Goku abandoning his family and obligations for the sake of training Ubuu. Id take GT ina heartbeart.

I'd be interested then in your take on "what if" Toriyama had ended it where he wanted to originally (end of Freezer saga, but everyone stays dead, Goku's big sacrifice, yadda yadda yadda).
PostFri Feb 06, 2004 10:15 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Do you have a link to it?
PostSat Feb 07, 2004 8:12 am
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
No, I mean if he actually ended it where he originally had planned to end it. You said you didn't like how DBZ ultimately ended, so I was just interested in how you would've felt had he ended it like that.
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 12:48 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
If it had a proper ending and tied things up. It would left me feeling a lot more satisfied. Nobody really played out of character in the end of DBZ except for Goku.

*********SPOILERS But then Id be suprised if anyones new to DBZ********

Goku spends a lot of DBZ caring about protecting Gohan and ChiChi. As well as just being protector of the Earth. One of Goku's deaths lead him to decide to stay dead because "Im the reason the Earths always in danger. There always after me". But they brought him back again. And here at the end of DBZ. We get Goku alive, triumphant, and...? Leaving to train the re-created evil Buu? It just felt so nasty and out of character. And just an odd way to end things. The end of DBZ should have been him going home to Chi Chi and a montage of the main characters growing up. Having them all stay dead at the end of Freeza would seem to be a cop out. It would have ended on almost as bad a taste as the Ubuu training did.

That said I havent seen the end of DBGT to see how it gets all tied up. I have some wild guesses how it works out. But i will wait to see it. And I dont know if this will be the happy (and that seems to be what im looking for) ending im looking for.
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 9:54 am
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
From what you've just said, you probably won't like GT's ending then. Sorry, but them's the breaks.
PostSun Feb 08, 2004 5:41 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
OK i just finished watching GT. And I have to say that the final storyline had some issues. But the actual final episode 64 was well done. I thought that was about as good a send off as they could give it.

***************SPOILERS****************

Sure i didnt like when he left to train Uubu in Z. But the ending in GT, although unsaid, is that he traded his life for the resurrection of everyone. I thought the spirit bomb was cool. The pulling from the universe bit was done on freeza. But they seemed to have forgotten that. Overall im sitting here thinking it did a damned good job. I even liked the little tournament at the end.

*****************END of Spoilers

It gives closure. Complete and final.
PostWed Feb 25, 2004 11:00 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: