нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Old Toonami vs. New Toonami
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Old Toonami vs. New Toonami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightwing77

Post subject:
Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad I'm finally starting to fit in around here. Very Happy
"NIGHTWING. HE IS THE BEST. THE ONLY ONE I COULD HAVE PICKED TO LEAD YOU. HE WILL HONOR YOU. HE WILL MAKE YOU CHAMPIONS. That's it. That's the speech. Get to work Justice League. The world needs you." -Batman "The Obsidian Age"
PostTue Sep 06, 2005 1:36 pm
MatrixSquirrel66

Post subject:
Good for you...now lets work on me lolol
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 5:29 pm
nightwing77

Post subject:
Oh Mr. Squirrel, its not that easy. Good day sir.
"NIGHTWING. HE IS THE BEST. THE ONLY ONE I COULD HAVE PICKED TO LEAD YOU. HE WILL HONOR YOU. HE WILL MAKE YOU CHAMPIONS. That's it. That's the speech. Get to work Justice League. The world needs you." -Batman "The Obsidian Age"
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 5:35 pm
reaper

Post subject:
Well, I personally want the old toonami back because then they weren't as big on showing kiddie shows as they have been the last few years. I can understand that the kiddie market probably rakes in more cash which is what miguzi is now capitalizing on. You see I thought that Toonami would show more mature shows than meguzi when they moved to saturday nights but instead the shows have gotten less mature. That's probably why a lot of shows got discontinued on the new toonami because their audience still attended the miguzi schedule of the daily 4-6 area. Therefore I wish for Toonami to change in what they show to us. I'm hoping that Naruto is a good start but I have my serious doubts.
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 11:38 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
reaper wrote:
Well, I personally want the old toonami back because then they weren't as big on showing kiddie shows as they have been the last few years. I can understand that the kiddie market probably rakes in more cash which is what miguzi is now capitalizing on. You see I thought that Toonami would show more mature shows than meguzi when they moved to saturday nights but instead the shows have gotten less mature. That's probably why a lot of shows got discontinued on the new toonami because their audience still attended the miguzi schedule of the daily 4-6 area. Therefore I wish for Toonami to change in what they show to us. I'm hoping that Naruto is a good start but I have my serious doubts.

Bull. Hands down, bullshit. Toonami IS tailoring to a more mature crowd. They're almost, sort of, maturing WITH their audience. Don't include Duel Masters or One Peice when thinking about it (Duel Masters is a sort of segue, since it's on so early that's what they need. and Once Peice, in it's original form, was a magnificent show. It is not Cartoon Network's fault that 4Kids butchered it and made it for 2 year olds. it SHOULD be for us.). But trust me, they're aiming at a slightly higher demographic than they used to.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Sep 07, 2005 11:51 pm
reaper

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Bull. Hands down, bullshit. Toonami IS tailoring to a more mature crowd. They're almost, sort of, maturing WITH their audience. Don't include Duel Masters or One Peice when thinking about it (Duel Masters is a sort of segue, since it's on so early that's what they need. and Once Peice, in it's original form, was a magnificent show. It is not Cartoon Network's fault that 4Kids butchered it and made it for 2 year olds. it SHOULD be for us.). But trust me, they're aiming at a slightly higher demographic than they used to.

First of all whatever 4kids gives us is never meant to be mature. Second of all I'm stating that Toonami is still focusing a lot more on kiddie shows than they once did. If you want I can display a list proving my earlier points about how toonami lost a lot of their kiddie audience but kept their kiddie programming. By the way it seems that we both know that One Piece was a magnificent show, however you shouldn't include One Piece in your argument becuase Toonami has the power to change the show to fit their preferences if they wanted but they have not and is still in a kiddie form (poison suction cup darts). The old Toonami would change it though and so far the only thing I've noticed is that they were trying to roll for kiddie shows but moved their time block to a mostly non-kiddy block. I will concede that so far they haven't messed up the 9:00 and up time block and kept it for the more mature audience.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 12:17 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually, Toonami can not change a show to tailor to their needs. If its a property that Cartoon Network actually obtained, then they will edit it how they see fit. However, One-Piece was edited by 4Kids, who still has a license on the series. 4Kids will decide what edits are made, even if its on toonami.

Therefore, your argument over one-piece and how it relates to Toonami is null and void.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 12:45 am
reaper

Post subject:
KingSpanky wrote:
Actually, Toonami can not change a show to tailor to their needs. If its a property that Cartoon Network actually obtained, then they will edit it how they see fit. However, One-Piece was edited by 4Kids, who still has a license on the series. 4Kids will decide what edits are made, even if its on toonami.

Therefore, your argument over one-piece and how it relates to Toonami is null and void.

Well is Toonami being forced to show it though. I do thank you for telling me that 4kids still owns it because that makes my argument even better not "null and void" because toonami does have the right to chose what's on their block do they not?
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 12:50 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
to some extent. They are in a way forced to show popular shows.I may be wrong but, chances are they purchased the ability to show One Piece before they saw that 4Kids made it one piece of crap, but since they spent the money, they're gonna show it. There are plenty of more mature shows they could purchase, but the maturity doesn't a lot of times cross the ocean well...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 3:58 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
reaper

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
to some extent. They are in a way forced to show popular shows.I may be wrong but, chances are they purchased the ability to show One Piece before they saw that 4Kids made it one piece of crap, but since they spent the money, they're gonna show it.

If that's the case I can understand that, however one piece was never central to my argument. I was mostly refering to 90% of any new shows they grasp.
dougisfunny wrote:
There are plenty of more mature shows they could purchase, but the maturity doesn't a lot of times cross the ocean well...

That's one thing that worries me about Naruto. It's not made for kids yet it will appear on Toonami and rumor is that that its 4kids liscensed too. As for more mature anime, I mean stuff like DBZ uncut, any Gundam except SD, Outlaw Star, Chrono Crusade, Ronon Warriors. Remeber these are examples of the type of mature shows I'm referring to, I realize that the ones I listed are probably not owned by CN anymore.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 9:22 am
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
We all love old Toonami but it's time to move on. A new era of Toonami is here. You can either roll with it or not watch it all. If Toonami had the same shows as they've always had I would'nt watch it. Change can be a good thing and in many cases it has been. Ratings are another factor. If the show doesn't get high ratings most likely it will be taken off. The days of Big O and Sailor Moon were some of the best but Toonami has improved. It's definitely for the better.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 10:27 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rumor is wrong. 4kids does NOT have Naruto. Viz does. Viz is good. They are the opposite of 4Kids, which means they are the opposite of Crappy and Evil.

Naruto will get a good treatement.

Naruto IS aimed at teenagers. Not kids, not adults, Teenagers.

Want to know how I know without ever having seen the damn thing?

Because there are COUNTLESS 13 year olds coming here and typing out "pLZ DONT EDITZ nARUTO ITZ TEH BEST 4EVA PLZ PLZ PLZ PLLLLLLZ DONT KILL IT SHOW IT SUBBED CUZ EDTS SUCK AND IT SHOULD BE KEPT HOLE!!!1111ONE"

The old Toonami would not have had a place for Naruto. Neither would have AS. The New Toonami has the perfect place for it.

Think what you will, but you're wrong. You're allowed to be wrong. In fact, I really don't care what you think. Just know that you are wrong.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 11:23 am
reaper

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Rumor is wrong. 4kids does NOT have Naruto. Viz does. Viz is good. They are the opposite of 4Kids, which means they are the opposite of Crappy and Evil.

Naruto will get a good treatement.

Naruto IS aimed at teenagers. Not kids, not adults, Teenagers.

Want to know how I know without ever having seen the damn thing?

Because there are COUNTLESS 13 year olds coming here and typing out "pLZ DONT EDITZ nARUTO ITZ TEH BEST 4EVA PLZ PLZ PLZ PLLLLLLZ DONT KILL IT SHOW IT SUBBED CUZ EDTS SUCK AND IT SHOULD BE KEPT HOLE!!!1111ONE"

The old Toonami would not have had a place for Naruto. Neither would have AS. The New Toonami has the perfect place for it.

Think what you will, but you're wrong. You're allowed to be wrong. In fact, I really don't care what you think. Just know that you are wrong.

How can anyone be wrong by saying they're worried about whether Naruto will be ruined or not. I heard about the 4kids thing from those threads that talked about Naruto coming to toonami two months ago from educated people who knew how to spell and type and seemed to know what they were talking about. I have actually seen Naruto but that wasn't my problem with Toonami and so that there is no further confusion I'll just say what shows brought me to the conclusion for the kiddie target audience thing. D.I.C.E, Duel Masters, One Piece, Rave Master, Teen Titans, Transformers Energon and Cybertron, GI Joe movies, and the non-stop Hot Wheels movies. Nearly all of these debuted on the new toonami. The only kiddie shows that the old toonami showed was Cardcaptors, SD Gundam, Hamtaro, powerpuff girls, and Jackie Chan. Those shows also weren't shown all at the same time. By the way, you don't need to be a complete jerk to prove a point. I was trying to prove all of my points and WAS enjoying the debate until you came back and started with the I don't care what you think stuff. Also if you ever took the time to read the other posts before you posted, you would notice that I did concede that I was wrong about something earlier and thanked the person for correcting me.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 3:24 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
reaper wrote:
As for more mature anime, I mean stuff like DBZ uncut, any Gundam except SD, Outlaw Star, Chrono Crusade, Ronon Warriors. Remeber these are examples of the type of mature shows I'm referring to, I realize that the ones I listed are probably not owned by CN anymore.

Those are all aimed at teenagers at the oldest, so they're hardly mature, and with a few minor edits they're perfect for Toonami.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 4:08 pm
reaper

Post subject:
Quote:
Those are all aimed at teenagers at the oldest, so they're hardly mature, and with a few minor edits they're perfect for Toonami.

Your right they are (except the universal century gundam which is more for teenagers to adults), and I prefer stuff like that than stuff like D.I.C.E. which wasn't aimed at teenagers at all, just younger kids.
PostThu Sep 08, 2005 4:22 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: