нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
WooJae wrote:
Jo-sei, if I am not mistaken, means young woman or teenage girl or "Miss".

Jo-chan adds -chan which is like a term of endearment. So a very rough translation/interpretation would be, "Little Missy."

ah yeah, thanks, that totally makes sense...I should've guessed that Razz
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 2:13 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
friday night:

kenshin continues his struggles to learn the final technique of the hiten mitsarougi while we get constant flashbacks to his past (though seijiro makes sure that not all of them are serious)...it finally comes down to one more chance to hit him, and kenshin pulls through, suffering a concussion from putting everything into the attack and nothing into the landing...

seijiro tells him the secret of the final technique, in that there are nine parts of the body a swordsman hits and the secret allows all nine to be hit instantaneously...kenshin is able to get it down quick enough, but seijiro refuses to teach him the true final technique after seeing the "battousai" kenshin's eyes...

kenshin is given a night to reflect on his mistake, but cannot come up with an answer...seijiro then decides that since the manslayer continues to reside in him, it's his job to kill kenshin as his final act...kenshin sees him approaching and is able to remember the people in his life and how he must do all he can to stay alive...he pulls his sword and then...

my phone rings, and there's no one at home but me...this is followed by an expletive so loud dillpops and rlh probably had to cover their ears...i wonder how well kenshin could keep his vow in an era with telephones, because i was ready to kill someone...

anyway, since i was fortunate enough to be recording the episode, i quickly rewound to that part to see kenshin successfully learn the final technique (which i'd butcher so badly attempting to spell that i'm not even gonna try)...what kenshin doesn't know is that by learning this, the master dies, and so seijiro falls, making this perhaps the most evil episode to air on a friday...

my only comment on this episode is that phone lines at my house will be disconnected weekdays 630-7 from this point onward...
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 5:53 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I loved todays ep (^_^). Can't wait till monday
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 6:55 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
So Sanosuke's in jail in Kyoto. It figures.

What did he do to get arrested and how did he let himself be taken? Is he in there on purpose?
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 9:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
But, wait, this Final Attack deal, they don't really SHOW it. Like, they don't show the strike. So what the bloody hell happened? It seems like just one really fast slash to the chest. Am I missing something?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Jun 28, 2003 8:39 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think the deal with the real final attack was to counter that other move that kenshin thought was the final attack . But to tell you the truth I think the other move was more of a final attack.
PostSat Jun 28, 2003 9:21 am
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
hehe, love the speculation from the first time watchers...just keep watching Very Happy
PostSat Jun 28, 2003 12:46 pm
WooJae

Post subject:
However, it figures that the ultimate attack of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu is a DEFENSIVE attack, in line with the principles of HMR.

I mean it reaffirms the wielder's believe in LIFE over death as the determinant of WHEN to execute the swing.
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 8:34 am
nightfall

Post subject:
Well, Friday's episode was everything I wished for and more: blood, sweat, tears, AND flashbacks. More than learning a few new techniques, what made this episode more rewarding than anything was how Kenshin was finally brought back to life after 19 years of misery. The final lesson: always fight to live. (Reminds me of the last ep of Gundam Wing. "I - will - survive!")

The change in Kenshin could cleary be seen in the Monday's ep. There was an honest-to-god smile in his eyes. No more sadness.

Speaking of Monday. Who else laughed over Sano and Saito in jail?
"Don't call me a moron!"
"Moron."
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 8:57 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
monday night:

while kenshin does what he can to save his master's life, saito and sanosuke question cho about shishio...they learn about a powerful member of the group named usuei who killed fifty cops in a short amount of time, and unlike the other members, has a score to settle with shishio himself...with the juppengatana fully assembled, shishio plans to burn down the entire city of kyoto as the first major step in his takeover of the country...

kenshin is awakened the next morning by seijiro, apparently alive and well...having learned the final technique, kenshin goes to meet with saito to determine their next course of action...

so many laugh-out-loud moments packed into a plot-moving episode...sano and cho, kenshin and seijiro, and of course saito and sano...

"Then let's go, moron..."
"Don't call me a moron, moron!"
"Moron..."
"Stop calling me that!"

a fun thirty minutes, though it looks like things are going to pick up soon...
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 9:15 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
tuesday night:

kenshin and saito look further into shishio's plan to burn kyoto, to realize that there's more than meets the eye...the fires are only a means of distraction which will allow shishio to sail to tokyo...kenshin, saito, and sano take off by carriage to the docks, where shishio awaits...

misao gets the news of the fires and sets up a defense in the city...when the time comes for the fires to begin, the cops stationed there along with the oniwabon prevent any serious damage, though misao barely escapes an encounter with usuei thanks to anji oddly enough...

kenshin, saito, and sano arrive and find shishio's ship, which turns out to be a much more than meets the eye as it's fully reinforced with steel...unsure of the next course of action with this new revelation, the credits roll...
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 8:16 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought Sano nearly losing his manhood 3 times sitting on the carraige was quite amusing ^_^
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 9:58 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
falling behind again, though i'd rather fall behind with recaps than have to watch it once a week like cn plans it to start airing next week...

wednesday night:

kenshin, saito, and sano board the purgatory and prepare to take it down...sano uses the bombs given to him and is able to take down the engine room, causing the entire ship to catch fire and start sinking...saito wants to start the fighting on the ship, but kenshin refuses, agreeing to dueling terms from shishio allowing everyone on board to get off before the ship goes under...

kenshin and sano reunite with yahiko, karou, misao, and everyone else back in kyoto where they reflect on everything in a nice moment overnight...saito arrives the next morning and the three fighters take off to shishio's headquarters to finish things...

thursday night:

shishio decides it would be best to split the juppangatena up, keeping anji, usuei, and soujiro at the base to take care of the coming threat while sending everyone else to take care of the "unguarded" oniwabon in kyoto...our three fighters arrive at shishio's place and are guided to the first battle site, where anji is waiting...of course, sano steps forward to fight, and despite the differences in technique (and saito's insults), he manages to take anji down with a direct shot from his fist...anji gets up looking rather pissed as the credits roll...
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 9:40 am
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
hey JJ, dunno if you read Green Bird's post, or read about it on another anime page, but DON'T buy the Kenshin DVD's! apparently, box sets are gonna start coming out at the end of this year Smile
PostSat Jul 05, 2003 3:25 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
wow, that news brightened my day, though now my friends are going to kill me when i have to tell them (once again) NOT to start buying me individual dvd's...

i appreciate the heads-up guys...
PostSat Jul 05, 2003 9:17 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 19 of 29

Jump to: