нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - DSL!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
DSL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overdrive535

Frequenter

Post subject:
Yeah, but you can pull the old "I have less lag than you" taunt...

Man, I remember those days...
On Battle.net playing warcraft three...
And me and my buddies had as much lag as you could possibly get...

Yeah, the good old days...
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 7:30 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
overdrive535 wrote:
How so?...

And with the whole IRC thing...just wait, they'll get around to it...
One of the reasons I kinda don't like file "sharing" is because there's a lot of people out there who are file leechers...all take and no give...those are the people who need to have the hammer dropped on...

So the people who DON'T put stuff out for people to download should be the ones prosecuted eh? yeah that fucking makes sense. As for IRC, it's not in the public eye-- it doesn't have the media buzz around it, not even a hum. The riaa won't target those people especially when they have more than enough with Kazaa alone let alone the other "big" p2p networks..

Quote:
And I'm kinda an aspiring artist, and while P2P can help out a small band, I don't do it because a lot of small bands who get sucked up into corporate music make almost nothing off of their first album...and they're the people who get hurt...it's just an excuse for the record companies to pay them less...at least, thats my rationalization...

And Hey, nobody's perfect...and it's for the love of the game...or something like that...

It doesn't help inspiring artists because they don't have a name. People don't use Kazaa to find new bands they've never heard of, they use it find bands they either know and love or bands they are already curious about.

Quote:
Now, whole eps, there's a crime if I've ever seen one...
Thats like saying "screw you!" to the dubbing companies...

I'm sorry if I like to watch movies in my own language, and am too cheap to buy cable, but I like getting the DVD's...and watching them in English...

So downloading an episode of lets say.... Gargoyles is stealing from Disney who refuses to put their shows on vhs/dvd? How is that worse than downloading the new Korn album before it's released in stores? If you want to talk just anime-- how is say downloading a couple eps of an anime you just heard about to see if you will enjoy it worse than say.... downloading every song metallica has ever been associated with?

As for that last paragraph... So you're saying you will download movies because you don't feel like paying for cable but you will eventually buy them on dvd? I'm confused on that last bit if you could elaborate.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 7:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Cough*
Just a rough draft...

Grr... stupid BBCode not working right...
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 9:49 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe if you just converted it into a .txt file and posted that instead...
Some people don't have (or use) Word.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 10:17 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
It works if you type the URL into your browser and save it to your desktop.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 10:27 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes, I'm aware of that.

Once again, you misunderstand.
I don't have Microsoft Word (blech) or a program to open .doc files at home. So I wouldn't have been able to read it anyway. Rolling Eyes
And I doubt I'm the only one.
PostMon Nov 24, 2003 10:31 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok thats it, now im pissed. Dread just got his broadband today.....argh. At this rate by the time I do get broadband ill be lagging hell still for everyone else because the rest of you bastards in your "cities" are busy with your fiberoptic madness.....*end pissed off rantage*
PostTue Nov 25, 2003 7:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
think of it this way, by the time the machines has us all captured and in the matrix you will just be reaching the fiber optic era.
PostTue Nov 25, 2003 8:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
overdrive535 wrote:

And I'm kinda an aspiring artist, and while P2P can help out a small band, I don't do it because a lot of small bands who get sucked up into corporate music make almost nothing off of their first album...and they're the people who get hurt...it's just an excuse for the record companies to pay them less...at least, thats my rationalization...

Musicians shouldn't be in the music business for the money. If money's all they're looking for then they should't be in the business in the first place.
I suggest you try and remember that. Because if you're in it for the money you most probably won't gonna succeed, cause being a musician is a big risk, believe me I know, and you can't be worried about making money or not. Worry about the music more, if your intentions are true and your music isn't fake then the money will go along with it. Of course that isn't true in all scenarios, what with all these fake artists - Hillary Duff, Britney Spears, just to name a couple.

I download, And I'm not ashamed to say it.
I'm not gonna pretend that I don't.
But I don't abuse. I mean does it make sense to buy a CD for one song on it? Seriously.
I wrote an essay about the whole music sharing for my conference group.
If I'm gonna buy it, then i'm gonna buy it. if I'm not gonna buy then I won't. I'm not gonna download something that I would have bought otherwise.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostWed Nov 26, 2003 4:52 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
Musicians shouldn't be in the music business for the money. If money's all they're looking for then they should't be in the business in the first place.

Hint, Goldy... They're popular. Wink

The reason why money-greedy snobs are in the music industry is because it WORKS. And even though MTV has degraded itself into shit over the years, it's still getting huge ratings from its obsessed teeny-bopper crowd.

But you're right, though. The so-called "artists" don't really care about music anymore, but hey, if it works, then making a quick buck from everybody would be no problem.

Quote:
I suggest you try and remember that. Because if you're in it for the money you most probably won't gonna succeed, cause being a musician is a big risk, believe me I know, and you can't be worried about making money or not.

They DO succeed, but in a cheap way, unfortunately. (See my comments above.)

And being a musician (a fake one, anyway) isn't that big a risk. All you do is use plastic surgery to turn yourself into something the other sex would find attractive, add in a looping, synthesized beat and minimal instrument-playing (hardly any, really), throw in some catchy lyric to scream at the top of your lungs over and over (usually the title of the song), throw in some rhyming lyrics about love and dreams and getting boyfriends/girlfriends and crap like that for 3 minutes, and you're on your way to living large for a few years. Spice it up a couple of extra years by dating a celebrity.

Quote:
Worry about the music more, if your intentions are true and your music isn't fake then the money will go along with it.

Not really. The masses still care for whatever crap that MTV throws at them on their top 40 list. If you try to create REAL music, the masses will think of you as boring and way behind times. You'll get no tickets to your concerts, you'll get no recognition from MTV, the radio won't broadcast your song(s), and people won't know or care about you. In other words, you get no money, although your local Starbucks might be taking job roles for musician nights. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Of course that isn't true in all scenarios, what with all these fake artists - Hillary Duff, Britney Spears, just to name a couple.

Since when do fake artists make real music? Laughing
PostThu Nov 27, 2003 12:52 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
i think you misunderstood on some parts, half my fault, half yours.
I think i might have written some sentences in strange orders.
Reffering to fake artists, i meant that there are fake artists that DO succeed and that it's a shame(not that they make real music). And of course it would be naive to think that ALL good music will get recognition, I was just stating that being true to yourself and your music is a much more self-fulfilling than being a fake artist and making shitty musis, nad making money along with that shitty music. If I'm gonna make BS music ad get paid tons, I'd rather not do it. I'm not saying that it's the smart thing to do (because anyone in their right minds would just take the money), but I'd piss myself off everyday if I was a fake artist(maybe I'd buy myself a sweet car to cheer me up Razz )
You're right about the whole MTV/masses?TV thing, I guess that's just the way it is nowadays.

And about the "risk", I meant that talking specifically about music studies, for example in college. There's so much competition and only a select few will make it. That's why I said it was a risk, because if you're trying to g into REAL music it's incredibly difficult. I have to face some decisions in that area myself right now, cause I'm kind of unhappy with what I'm doing currently.

peace

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostThu Nov 27, 2003 4:44 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: