нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
WorldAsia TV network sets cable preem
Thu Dec 4, 7:00 PM ET

DENISE MARTIN

(Variety) WorldAsia Television, the first English-language Asian-themed network in the U.S., is slated to launch on cable mid-2004, net founder Michael Tsang announced.

Digital cabler will be targeted at mainstream auds interested in Asian entertainment and lifestyle programming. Channel is in early negotiations with MSOs and satellite operators on carriage deals.

"There's a big lack of Asian-themed programming because there are very few Asians in the media. Part of the goal for this network is to create opportunities for Asians in front of and behind the camera," Tsang said. He will serve as president-CEO of the cabler.

Programming plans for the cabler include a mix of original unscripted programming and acquired series. Originals will deal in Asian-centric topics including feng shui, yoga, martial arts and Japanese anime.

WA-TV will also acquire Asian-themed theatricals from the U.S. and abroad. Further programming will be announced at NATPE.

"For Asian-Americans, WA-TV will fulfill a need to see Asian stars, families, situations, cultural references and even advertising on a single, English-language network," Tsang said. "For non-Asian viewers, it will satisfy a growing interest in the most fascinating aspects of Asian culture and the popularity of films such as 'Kill Bill' and 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,' and stars such as Lucy Liu (news) and Jackie Chan (news)."

Venture-capital manager Tsang is the founder of WorldAsia, a producer of Asian lifestyle and cultural events.
PostThu Dec 11, 2003 12:28 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I saw LOTR! YAY!
It was REALLY awesome AND totally sweet.
But incredibly long.(about 3.5 hrs.)

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostWed Dec 17, 2003 10:14 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
I saw LOTR! YAY!
It was REALLY awesome AND totally sweet.
But incredibly long.(about 3.5 hrs.)

peace

This is the thread you seek...
PostWed Dec 17, 2003 10:16 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
ALF is many things to many people. To those who came of age in recent years, he is an orange-furred puppet pitchman for a collect phone call company.

To those of us who were aware of things between 1986 and 1990, he is an orange-furred puppet who was on a sitcom who has somehow returned to be a pitchman for a collect phone call company.

And now the circle of life remains unbroken: ALF is getting his own show again. This time, it's a talk show, and it's in the works at Nickelodeon. It'll be called ALF's Hit Talk Show. If he doesn't get a Facts of Life girl for a sidekick, he's totally missing the point.

On the old sitcom, ALF would torment this human family that he lived with. The dad of the house was this trembling, nervous sap named Willie. Also, ALF would try to eat the family's pussycat, because he's an alien.

Source: RevolutionSF
PostTue Dec 23, 2003 5:45 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
A teaser for Kill Bill: The Love Story (a.k.a. "Vol. II") is now up on the movie's Japanese site.

http://www.killbill.jp

Hmmmm... I wonder why the American site doesn't have it yet... Confused
PostMon Dec 29, 2003 12:44 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
After three low-rated seasons, CROSSING OVER WITH JOHN EDWARD has been canceled by parent company Universal. Edward will continue taping new episodes until the season's order is filled. New episodes will continue to air on the Sci Fi Channel. (It's about damn time)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first two books (A WIZARD OF EARTHSEA and THE TOMBS OF ATUAN) from Ursula K. Le Guin's EARTHSEA trilogy are to be adapted into a four hour mini series by the Sci-Fi Channel.

The mini series will tell the story of the greatest ever sorcerer in the mystical land of EARTHSEA. Well, it won’t seem that way at first as we are introduced to the reckless youth who will become this great person. The story will encompass mystical creatures such as dragons, death and all of its realms, love and ultimate power.

This potential epic is to be filmed in New Zealand this spring, ready for a December release. Gavin Scott (THE MISTS OF AVALON) and Robert Halmi Sr. (DREAMKEEPER, MERLIN) have written the screenplay. While Lawrence Bender (KILL BILL) and Kevin Brown (ROSWELL), will be acting as executive producers.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
HBO has sold its library of comedy stand up specials to Comedy Central. The deal includes more than 100 specials, including Chris Rock, Ellen DeGeneres, Ray Romano and Bill Maher. Comedy Central is expected to be shilling out $10 million in the deal.

In the middle of its second season, Buena Vista Television announced Thursday that they have canceled the award-winning THE WAYNE BRADY SHOW. The show has been falling in the ratings over the past year, averaging a 1.0 in the Nielsens. Production will continue on the show to fill the season's order, which ends in May. After that, the sets will be struck. THE TONY DANZA SHOW will replace BRADY in the fall for Buena Vista.

If you miss any commercials while grabbing a beer during the Super Bowl, just turn over to the NFL Network, as it will be devoting an entire hour post-game to commercials.

The new football network is currently negotiating with CBS and America Online to work out all of the details on the rebroadcast.

If you plan on watching NFL Network's hour of commercials, plan on being at the house of someone who has DirecTV, because Charter Communications, the only other cable company to carry the channel, does not plan on broadcasting the channel until after February 1.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
After having canceled the popular PUNK'D, Ashton Kutcher's Katalyst Films has decided to develop MY NEW BEST FRIEND, a new hidden camera show for MTV.

MY NEW BEST FRIEND is based on a British series, which sees contestants try and convince friends and family that a Katalyst cast member is their new best friend. That cast member, of course, is acting as inappropriate as possible.

Kutcher will co-executive produce FRIEND, but will not serve as an on-air personality, as he did with PUNK'D

THE SOPRANOS creator David Chase says that the fifth season of the show will center on mobsters fresh out of prison and the Mafia class of 2004.

Chase added, "It has to do with the limitations of family relationships and friendships in a sort of materialist world. And also the fact that Tony Soprano is kind of a mature boss."

While there have been rumors of a planned THE SOPRANOS movie, Chase says he now plans for the sixth season of the show to be that movie that was rumored. However, Chase still will not rule out the possibility of a movie later on.

When asked about whether the characters of Furio and the Russian gangster who disappeared into the woods would return, Chase said about both, "He's gone."
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:49 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
CBS has ordered SUBURBAN MURDER, a tv movie from Craig Zadan (my mother was married to his cousin) and Neil Meron (THE REAGANS).

The telepic will tell the true story of Clara Harris, a Texas woman who last year was sentenced to 20 years in prison for murdering her adulterous husband by running him over three times with her Mercedes in a hotel parking lot.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:50 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
en Foster and Johnny Messner are set to join the cast of HOSTAGE, starring Bruce Willis. In the film, which begins filming later this month, Willis will play a former LAPD hostage negotiator that tries to escape the stressful life of a hostage negotiator by becoming one of two cops in a small town. Instead of finding peace, however, he finds his wife and daughter taken hostage.

Broadway star and Tony Award winner Kristin Chenoweth will make her film debut in the low budget musical ASPHALT BEACH.

The film stories the rivalry between two Catholic school girls from opposite ends of the social spectrum. Chenoweth will play the spoiled rich girl.

Peter Spears will direct ASPHALT.

Cedric the Entertainer and Christina Milian are set to join the cast of BE COOL, the sequel to GET SHORTY.

John Travolta returns as Chili Palmer, the mobster-turned-movie producer. In BE COOL, he decides to give up his movie producer life for the music business when he discovers singer Linda Moon (Milian). Cedric will play Sin Russell, a producer and manager for a famous rap group.

Uma Thurman, Danny DeVito, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Joe Pesci, Vince Vaughn and James Gandolfini are also attached to the cast.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:51 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
TV Guide had the interview with Nicholas Brendon:
TVGO: You mentioned a movie. Will Buffy hit the big screen?
Brendon: We've talked about it. I'm sure if it happens, it'd be in a couple of years.

TVGO: So nobody's actually signed on the dotted line to do it yet?
Brendon: No, no, no. Joss just always wanted to make the movie. We've only been off the air seven months, so we're just trying to catch our breath.

TVGO: Do you think Buffy bungled the long-simmering Xander/Willow romance by pretending Willow didn't really love him all those years? They had her in love with Oz, then made her Tara's girlfriend.
Brendon: That's a question for the writers. I don't want to p--- anybody off. [Laughs] Too bad they never brought it up again after Season 3. I would love to have made out with Tara and Willow.

TVGO: Wait a sec. You're not disappointed you lost out on Willow. You just want the straight guy's fantasy of romancing two lesbians?!
Brendon: Yeah, gimme a shot! Let's have a little threesome.

TVGO: Oh my! Anyway, has it been hard to move on since Buffy wrapped?
Brendon: It was my first job, so it was very emotional for me. But you get over it, and I still see and talk to all my buds.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:52 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Director John Woo’s next film could be a window into Chinese history.

Woo (FACE-OFF, MISSION I IMPOSSIBLE: II) hopes to be able to undo the misconceptions many people have in the west of Chinese culture by making a film to explain it. He wants to take the best talent from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong and tell a story that will flesh out the personality, culture and characteristics that are usually missing from Western Chinese films.

Cole Hauser (2 FAST 2 FURIOUS) will lead the cast of Screen Gems' horror film THE CAVE.

Hauser will play the leader of a group of explorers who dive deep into the ocean to explore a cave. However, while exploring, the cave collapses. When they are finally discovered, the entire team has been transformed into "primeval beings."

Bruce Hunt is directing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Director Cameron Crowe (ALMOST FAMOUS) is reportedly seeking to cast Orlando Bloom (RETURN OF THE KING) in the ELIZABETHTOWN role formerly held by Ashton Kutcher, who dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.

Bloom may have some scheduling conflicts of his own, however, because he is next scheduled to star in Ridley Scott's KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

Little is known about the Dreamworks/Paramount film except that it is an ensemble comedy revolving around two characters, one of which will definitely be played by Kirsten Dunst (SPIDER-MAN).

C/W Films and Crowe's Vinyl Films are producing
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:53 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Despite being much older, actor Bruce Willis says he still wants to make a third sequel to DIE HARD, but it's not necessarily a shoe-in.

"We're working on it. Fox wants to do it. I want to do it. It depends on the script," says Willis. "After the first DIE HARD, I said I wasn't going to do any more DIE HARDs, and I did two more. So I don't make predictions anymore. If they get the script right and it seems like an interesting story ... "

Willis says, however, that it will be hard to come up with a convincing story, "It's hard today to do. The whole DIE HARD trilogy so far has been based on some element of terrorism, and it's difficult in today's world to do stories that fictionally portray terrorism."

Paramount Pictures have acquired the rights to AU PAIR, which they want as a vehicle for Mandy Moore. The film would see Moore play a teen who moves into a house to look after a couple of kids and, just like the house, the job seems perfect. The film is a thriller, so time to cue the creepy horror music.

The original film script was written by Judy Klass, but it's believed that Paramount will bring in someone to rewrite the script that is thought to be the reverse of HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE. Paramount may have other people in mind for the lead role also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin Costner, who is quickly becoming a baseball and western genre actor, has agreed to direct and star in HORIZON, another western.

No details have been released about the project. Costner's rep insists that the project may still yet go forward without him.

Costner's last western, OPEN RANGE, is considered a modest success, making $60 million.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 2:55 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
In the middle of its second season, Buena Vista Television announced Thursday that they have canceled the award-winning THE WAYNE BRADY SHOW. The show has been falling in the ratings over the past year, averaging a 1.0 in the Nielsens. Production will continue on the show to fill the season's order, which ends in May. After that, the sets will be struck. THE TONY DANZA SHOW will replace BRADY in the fall for Buena Vista.

*ROTFLMAO*
That f*cking sucks for Brady! As if it weren't bad enough that he's getting cancelled, he's getting replaced by, of all people, Tony freaking Danza!!

Sorry, I had to voice my opinion on that one... Laughing

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 3:11 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
MGM/UA and Time-Warner have abandoned initial merger talks because of differences over the price and structure of a possible deal, the New York Post said Friday. The two companies originally made plans for a possible merger talk on December 18.

The talks had come about as MGM continued to discuss possible deals with various industry players. TW chairman and CEO Richard Parsons on Monday already downplayed the chances of a deal.

Meanwhile, TW's America Online unit is once again restructuring its troubled advertising sales operation, with the unit's chief, Lisa Brown, leaving the company after six months on the job for health and personal reasons.
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 9:43 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 28 of 32

Jump to: