нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Heirs of the late Jim Henson will buy back the Muppet characters that they sold only three years ago to a German company.

The deal, valued at $89 million in cash and other assets, will return the rights of Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo the Great and other characters to the children of the man who created them. In 2000 the Henson children sold their father's company to EM.TV for $680 million, a price which included not only the famous Muppet stable but also ownership stakes in the Hallmark Channel and Noggin. At the time EM.TV was a fast-rising media company that boasted it could extend and enrich the Muppet empire by aggressively producing movies and television specials.

Those plans never panned out, and the company was soon beset by financial scandals and debt problems. Company founders Thomas Haffa and Florian Haffa resigned two years ago and were recently convicted of securities fraud, and the company has been forced to sell assets. It has already sold off the interests in Hallmark and Noggin that it acquired from the Hensons, and two years ago it sold the rights to the "Sesame Street" muppets to the producers of the PBS show. Thus, although the Hensons are getting their company back for a fraction of its original price, they are only getting back a fraction of its original assets.

EM.TV had earlier held discussions to sell the remaining Henson properties to Walt Disney, but those talks never led to a deal.

Brian Henson and Lisa Henson will take leading management roles in the company they are reacquiring. The family insists that they intend to be long-term owners, and will not turn around and sell the assets again for a quick profit. Instead, they intend to strike up partnerships that will allow the company to produce more movie and television product featuring the Muppets.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu May 08, 2003 12:14 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
A Muslim group is demanding an apology over the recent film, X2. Based on the fact that within the first 5 minutes of the film, it's villain, Col. William Stryker, is seen wearing a ring featuring the Arabic symbol for ‘Allah.’ Colonel Stryker was never depicted as a Muslim in the comic book series and the Islamic community feels this is "a subtle but obvious attack on Islam."

I'll let that settle in a bit.

PostThu May 08, 2003 12:17 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Musician turned filmmaker, Rob Zombie, has signed a deal with Lions Gate Films to write and direct a sequel to his directorial debut, the horror feature, HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES - which has scared up more than $11 million since its release last month. The film is currently planned for an April 2004 release.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fresh off his role as a mutant superhero in the blockbuster 'X2: X-Men United,' Alan Cumming is in early negotiations to take on a more villainous role in 'Son of the Mask,' the second installment of New Line's 'Mask' franchise.

Starring Jamie Kennedy, 'Son of the Mask' carries on with the premise of a character-altering mask that was established in the 1994 blockbuster feature starring Jim Carrey. This time around, it follows an aspiring cartoonist (Kennedy) who is not ready for fatherhood but finds himself raising a baby endowed with the powers of the mask of Loki (Cumming).

'Son of the Mask' is scheduled for a summer production start.

Cumming, who won a Tony Award in 1999 for his starring turn in 'Cabaret,' has a lengthy and varied feature resume that includes roles in 'Spy Kids,' 'Nicholas Nickleby' and 'The Anniversary Party.' He next appears in the upcoming 'Spy Kids' sequel, which hits theaters July 25.

According to an article posted on Yahoo News, Warner Bros. has offered the role of Jimmy Olsen in the upcoming SUPERMAN film to musician, Justin Timberlake. Timberlake received the script last month and has not yet made a decision as to whether or not to to accept the role.

Rumors are flying that Marvel Studios exec, Avi Arad is eyeing actor, George Clooney, to star as Reed Richards in his upcoming FANTASTIC FOUR film - to be released on November 4, 2004.

At least he doesn't have to be dark and brooding in this one.

PostThu May 08, 2003 12:19 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Demi Moore has landed herself in hot water over complaints from one of her employees - being accused of seductions not too far from those depicted in her film "Disclosure", by a man who claims the actress cracked on to him and subsequently fired him when rebuffed. Lawrence Bass, hired by the actress to manage her Idaho ranch, has filed a complaint with the Idaho Human Rights Commission, complaining of sexual harassment and discrimination, claiming damages of more than £120,000. Moore's lawyer is planning to nip this in the bud and is considering a countersuit against the man for going to the media and violating a confidentiality agreement he signed. He dismissed Bass as a disgruntled ex-employee, stating that his "ridiculous lawsuit has no merit."

PostFri May 09, 2003 12:19 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Shirley Powell will head public relations and publicity outreach on behalf of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its networks and businesses, it was announced today by Kelly Regal, executive vice president of human resources and corporate communications for TBS, Inc. In her new capacity as senior vice president of corporate communications, Powell will oversee all activity of the public relations groups supporting CNN, TBS Superstation, TNT, Cartoon Network/Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies, Turner South, and Turner Sports. In addition, Powell will head a newly formed TBS, Inc. Corporate Communications group, integrating the areas of advertising sales, cable sales, media relations, government affairs, community relations, and internal/external communications. Powell is based in Atlanta and reports to Regal.

"I am pleased that Shirley is assuming this critical role in our organization," said Regal. "Her wide-ranging professional experience, including executive posts at NBC, Disney and Turner Broadcasting, outstanding press relationships, demonstrated skill as a manager and business acumen make her an ideal leader for our public relations team and a valuable addition to Turner's senior management team."

Most recently senior vice president of network communications for Turner Entertainment Networks, Powell returned to the company in July 2001 from NBC Entertainment, where as senior vice president of media relations she oversaw publicity, corporate communications and talent relations for NBC Entertainment, NBC Studios and NBC Enterprises in Burbank, California.

Earlier, she served as vice president of media relations for the Disney Channel, responsible for developing and leading all public relations and publicity strategies for the Disney/ABC networks. In 1992, Powell joined Turner Broadcasting's Cartoon Network in Atlanta, where she led publicity for the launch of the network and spent four years helping position and establish its global brand. Before signing on at Cartoon Network, Powell was with Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando, overseeing the studio's grand opening and subsequent press and special events.

Powell earned a bachelor of arts degree in journalism, with an academic minor in public relations, at Temple University.
PostTue May 13, 2003 10:51 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nathan Fillion, star of Fox's defunct SF western series Firefly, told SCI FI Wire that the show could rise again, both as a movie and as a DVD set. "Right now, our hopes and dreams are pinned on a Firefly movie, which TV can't cancel us out of," Fillion said in an interview at the May 18 Saturn Awards, where he was honored with Cinescape's Face of the Future Award. "We're talking silver screen, wide release, big old deal. So everything's looking very positive, so we're going to keep our fingers crossed."

Series creator Joss Whedon would write and direct the movie, Fillion added.

Meanwhile, Fillion—who played Capt. Mal Reynolds—said that he is completing audio commentaries for a complete DVD set of the Fox series' 15 produced episodes, including three that never aired. "I just finished commentary with Alan Tudyk Wash on 'War Stories,' an episode where he and I got tortured. And then, Monday, I go in to do audio commentary with Joss Whedon for 'Serenity,' the two-hour pilot."

The DVD will also include on-camera interviews and maybe even some of Fillion's own behind-the-scenes home video and photos. As for the unaired episodes, Fillion said, "My naked ass is in them. In the very last episode. I'll let you know that much. They called me Capt. Tight Pants for some time. And now it's going to be Capt. No Pants for sure." Fillion did not know when the DVD set would come out.
PostTue May 20, 2003 7:58 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
Yes, Firefly wil come out with a DVD set!!! Very Happy
PostSun May 25, 2003 12:17 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Long running Manga Lone Wolf and Cub is set to be adapted into a live action Hollywood film by Darren Aronofsky, the director of the critically accalimed "Pi" and "Requiem for a Dream" movies, as well as the unreleased "Batman Year One."

According to the article, the film will be "contemporized by Aronofsky and his Protozoa partner Eric Watson, who'll produce." Unfortunately this doesn't make it clear if they are adapting the story to appeal to contemporary audiences, or if they are adapting it to a contemporary setting, such as Lone Wolf and Cub 2010.

The film is being produced for Paramount and the Mutual Film Company. Lone Wolf and Cub has already been adapted into a live action series of movies, "Baby Cart" available from AnimEigo.

And to really make you shiver...

In an announcement sure to make waves in the entertainment industry, ADV Films President and CEO John Ledford today publicly confirmed industry rumors that the firm has acquired the rights to produce, and has already begun development of, a live-action feature-film based on the Japanese animated television series “Neon Genesis Evangelion,” a multi-million dollar worldwide franchise and perhaps the most influential anime title in the history of the art form. The project is a collaboration between ADV Films, Gainax and Weta Workshop, Ltd.

The Participants
ADV Films is the leading producer-distributor of Japanese animation in North America. The Japanese anime and game studio Gainax Network Systems was one of the original production studios responsible for “Neon Genesis Evangelion,” and Weta Workshop, Ltd. is the New Zealand-based special effects studio that created the effects for Peter Jackson’s “Lord of the Rings” trilogy.

“The three main players here represent something of a ‘dream-team’ for a project like this one,” said Ledford. “Between the quality and significance of the Gainax title, Weta’s industry-leading skill in the creation of special visual effects, and our expertise in the marketing and promotion of anime and anime-related content, this project is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

The Story
“Neon Genesis Evangelion” is the story of a reluctant young hero, called upon to pilot an immense robotic weapon in battle against alien invaders. Including both a 26-episode television series and at least two animated motion pictures, “Neon Genesis Evangelion” has long been both a fan favorite and an extraordinary critical and commercial success, with the worldwide franchise producing many millions of dollars in revenue.

Timetable
The “Neon Genesis Evangelion” live-action motion picture is in the earliest stages of development. Ledford confirmed, however, that the timetable is an aggressive one, and that more information on the project is forthcoming.

You may begin freaking out.
PostSun May 25, 2003 1:47 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Viacom has completed the acquisition of AOL Time Warner's 50% interest in Comedy Central for a total of $1.225 billion in cash, the companies announced Thursday. With the completion of the transaction, Comedy Central is now wholly owned by Viacom's lineup of basic cable channels. The agreement was announced on May 22.
PostSun May 25, 2003 3:45 pm
Jedi_Klonoa

Post subject:
i just haerd that Rob Zombie is going to make a sequel to House of 1000 Corpses. I cant wait, the first one was so grotesque i nearly threw up.
PostTue May 27, 2003 12:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dawn Jenkins isn't in the new Jim Carrey comedy Bruce Almighty, but her phone number is — and that's become a problem.

In the film, Carrey stars as a mortal who receives the powers of God. The character of God tries to reach Carrey's character by repeatedly leaving a phone number on his pager.

But instead of the usual 555 prefix used by most television shows and films, God's number is a common exchange — one too common for Jenkins' liking. It's her cell phone number.

She's been getting about 20 calls per hour, with callers asking for God before hanging up.

"What am I to do?" Jenkins wrote on an Internet forum. Reached by telephone by the St. Petersburg Times, Jenkins declined further comment, saying only she wants to hire an attorney. Officials from Universal Studios did not return telephone calls from the newspaper Monday.

Jenkins isn't alone in her plight. The number on Carrey's character's pager matches the number of a South Carolina woman who declined to give her name, but said she's been "getting aggravated to death" by the incessant calling.

It also matches the number for a call center to a group of five Colorado talk-radio stations. Ron Nickel, senior vice president for the Radio Colorado Network, was worried about what would happen Tuesday, the first regular office workday since the movie's release.

"My receptionist is going to go crazy," Nickel said.
PostTue May 27, 2003 5:20 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
ok, I'm sorta back with the news again. this might end up taking a few posts so you lazy peple will actually read it.

And you thought JERRY SPRINGER: THE MUSICAL was wonky. LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING is set to be adapted into a $13 million musical in London. Opening in spring 2005, the production is expected to have quite lavish sets, a full orchestra and a cast of at least 50.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the upcoming summer, er, adventure, FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY, Fox was planning to shoot it out on DVD six weeks after make its debut in theaters. However, after massive complaints from theater owners about the ability to get in a full run, Fox has decided to wait three months now, until sometime in September.

20th Century Fox has tapped Bill Murray to provide the voice for Garfield the Cat in the upcoming GARFIELD. Peter Hewitt is directing the film, which is an adaption of the long running Jim Davis comic strip. Breckin Meyer is set to play Jon Arbuckle, while Jennifer Love Hewitt will play his girlfriend. Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow (TOY STORY) wrote the script.

Jet Li (THE ONE) has agreed to star in LABOR DAY for Disney. The story is about a politically ambitious district attorney who has made his career prosecuting a crime lord. When his wife is taken hostage by the crime lord, he must turn to his wife's ex-boyfriend for help, a Chinese gangster (Li). The move is risky for the D.A. because the gangster is not only obviously a criminal, but he's still in love with the D.A.'s wife and thinks rescuing her will make her love him again. Robert Schwentke is directing.

PostSat May 31, 2003 8:41 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Comedians Mo'Nique and Sommore and Godfrey Danchimah are in talks to join the cast of the"urban" comedy SOUL PLANE, starring Kevin Hart, Tom Arnold, Snoop Dogg and Method Man. The film, described as an urban version of 1980's AIRPLANE, centers on Dawkon (Hart), a man who turns a $600 million lawsuit win into his own "urban" airline. Jesse Terrerro is directing.

MSN had the rumors:

OK, confession time ... while I never went to a comic convention and I don't consider myself to be a total geek, there are a few superheroes that I'm a major freak over. Back in prehistoric days when TVs didn't have remote controls, the Bionic Woman (played by Lindsay Wagner) was a cool female crime fighter, but my favorite had to be Wonder Woman, played by the mah-velous Lynda Carter.

What recently threw me for a loop was finding out how many actresses are vying to play the lead when they take Wonder Woman to the big screen. Of course, the above-mentioned Jennifer Lopez is a possible contender for filling her red thigh-high boots, as is America's sweetheart Sandra Bullock. But Sarah Michelle Gellar? Yep, the U.K.'s Daily Record reports that the one-time vampire slayer is trying to squeeze into those skimpy hotpants. Apparently, with the long-running "Buffy" TV series now finished, 26-year-old Sarah is anxious to establish herself as a bona fide big-screen action star.

One woman who is definitely not in the running is singer Jessica Simpson. But she is managing to keep tight-lipped about playing the lead in the next big movie based on a popular Marvel Comics series. "I don't know if your everyday person would know it," she recently told reporters, "but I can tell you this -- it's not Wonder Woman."

The most appropriate role for Simpson, at least in the appearance department would seemingly be Black Cat, Spider-Man's ally. But that's our two cents.

Details about ancillary characters in the upcoming adaption of THE PUNISHER.

Among the roles actors are being sought after:
Nicky Duka: Described as “A slick, greasy kind of guy” with a good sense of humor in his thirties. His relationships to the other characters in the film is not explained here.

Detective Jimmy Weeks: An African-American character between the ages of 35 and 45, Det. Weeks was formerly in the Special Forces. Now a detective, he’s trying to capture The Punisher.

Leonard Glass: In his 40s, he is the sidekick to villain Howard Saint (Travolta). In the casting notes, he is described as “good looking and conservative.”

Stanley Bumpo: An extremely overweight character, the producers are looking for an actor 275 pounds and up. He is a happy-go-lucky guy, described as very lovable. In the comics, he is introduced in the series’ third volume as Frank’s neighbor, and helps to save his life. Most will remember this character best when a crane has to lift him out of his apartment when he has a heart attack.

John Saint: At 18 to 22 years old, he plays the son of John Travolta’s character and is illustrated as being a “dark-haired pretty boy with a very well toned body.” It is his death that sets in motion his father’s crusade that puts him up against Castle.

Mike Toro: A cutthroat Cuban gangster in his mid-thirties.

PostSat May 31, 2003 8:45 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Paramount Pictures and MTV Films have acquired the film adaption rights to Avril Lavigne's song "Sk8er Boi." David Zabel (ER) is set to adapt the song into a film about a teenage girl that rejects a potential boyfriend because her friends disapprove of him. Later in life, he becomes a rock star and she begins feeling regret. Music production team The Matrix will consult on the screenplay and will create an event album for the film with new songs.

Walt Disney has tapped Nicolas Cage to star in NATIONAL TREASURE. Jon Turtletaub is directing the film, which is about a secret code U.S. Constitution that supposedly gives the location of a treasure buried in the 1700s. Jerry Bruckheimer, Turtletaub and Christina Steinberg are producing.

Despite the success of the recent LIZZIE MCGUIRE movie, star Hilary Duff will not be reprising the role any time soon either in a film sequel or on television. Negotiations between Duff and Disney failed last week. "We gave them a very generous offer and unfortunately they passed. Hilary is a great girl and we truly wish her the best of luck," said a Disney spokeswoman.

PostSat May 31, 2003 8:48 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
ABC is moving freshman series DRAGNET to a new night and changing its name and revamping its cast. DRAGNET will now be named L.A. DRAGNET, as if you would get it mixed up with some other DRAGNET. The show will also be booted to the usual death knell-slot of Saturday nights. "We don't have any expectation that DRAGNET is going to get a monster rating Saturday at 10," said ABC head honcho Lloyd Braun. "It doesn't have to. What we want to happen Saturday at 10 for DRAGNET is for the show to really find its legs creatively, because in essence it's going to be very much a new show." On top of all that, Ethan Embry may be out of a job again, as ABC has decided to recast much of the show's cast. The only person they would confirm a return for is Ed O'Neill, who plays Joe Friday.

Tim Burton (BATMAN) is in negotiations to direct a new version of CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (alternately known as WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY) for Warner Bros. The ultimate decision has been left up to the Dahl family, who owns the rights to Roald Dahl's works. Burton is expected to meet with the family in London in the next week. Gwyn Lurie is expected to write a new adaption of Dahl's original script, which was used for the Gene Wilder original which critics called "too dark." Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt are producing the film through their Plan B Productions, but they aren't expected to star in the film in any capacity.

CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATIONS creator Anthony Zuiker says that he's creating a third CSI. "I don't have storylines, but I do have an actor in mind, a city -- it's an American city -- and a tone in my head," says Zuiker. "That launch will be brutal. Launching CSI: MIAMI nearly killed us, thinking of two separate regimes of casts, and we got off to a rough start -- but it's worked out well. Make no mistake. We're all tired. We're the go-to guys, and it's like it's the Super Bowl, and they keep handing us the ball. So you suck it up and work harder. But I believe the network appreciates that. This is our time."

Sorry about the lack of news updates lately -- been busy and my computer died. Now on to videogame news.

PostSat May 31, 2003 8:51 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 18 of 32

Jump to: