нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
As the weekend's National Basketball Association All-Star festivities on Turner Network Television wind down on Sunday, February 9, 2003, the network will throw up one more surprise play: a sneak peek of sister channel Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block.

Beginning at 11 pm, TNT will air ninety minutes of Cartoon Network's young-adult-targeted animation, including Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021 and The Brak Show, as well as acquired cartoon Futurama.

Cartoon Network airs Adult Swim cartoons Sunday through Thursday nights from 11 pm to 2 am.

btw, I'm thinking about dropping Spooked Animation... well it's sort of aniamtion news. kinda.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Feb 06, 2003 11:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Film Roman, Inc. the independent animation company best known for its primetime hits "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill," announced today its development agreement with Classic Media, the New York-based family entertainment company that is home to "Underdog," "Lassie" and "Casper the Friendly Ghost," to create a new animated "Dick Tracy" television series based on the original UPA shorts. UPA's animated Dick Tracy, Mr. Magoo and Gerald McBoing Boing, which are now a part of Classic Media's entertainment library, helped define the modernist cartoon style.

Film Roman says the new series episodes will feature cutting-edge animation that captures the style and originality of the popular UPA animated series, and will follow the adventures of the legendary detective as he encounters a new crop of law breaking villains.

"The timing is perfect to return Dick Tracy to television. He is the classic detective who originally defined the genre," said Bob Higgins, Sr. Vice President of Production & Creative Affairs, Classic Media.

John Hyde, Film Roman's President & CEO added, "The colorful characters, ingenious gadgets and relevant stories of good over evil, will make the series both fun and unique."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a little bit of new art from Disney's next, and for the time being, last two traditionally animated 2d feature films.

BROTHER BEAR (November 2003) looks visually stunning, with breathtaking landscapes. The official plot is as follows: "Long ago, as the warming earth shrugged off the final frigid embraces of the Ice Age, there were three brothers. After a tragic bear attack takes the life of the oldest brother, impulsive Kenai kills the bear in revenge, only to be magically transformed into a bear himself. The middle brother Denami comes upon this bear and, thinking it killed Kenai, vows his own revenge. Now brother hunts brother and Kenai's only hope for survival is to befriend his own worst enemy, a grizzly cub named Koda. In the end Koda truly transforms Kenai by showing him the real meaning of brotherhood."

HOME ON THE RANGE (2004): this is the project I am personally most looking forward to; a western comedy with music by Alan Menken! The project has had a bumpy road but is reportedly turning out really well; it follows the adventures of three dairy cows (Roseanne, Judi Dench and Jennifer Tilly) that must capture a notorious cattle rustler to save their family farm.

After these two, it will be all CG all the time for the House of Mouse...

PostWed Feb 19, 2003 11:31 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
And that's when Disney dies.
PostWed Feb 19, 2003 12:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
unfortunatly, I have to agree with you. Disney doesn't do in house cgi movies, at least not yet. Once they do their first, depending on how that one does will determine if Disney will stay in theatrical animation at all. If they leave the industry, it would be a sad day for animation everywhere.

PostWed Feb 19, 2003 1:37 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know someone who's cousin is an animator fo Disney. She says they aren't going all CG. She could be wrong, but as far as I know, they're keeping their animators.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 19, 2003 2:02 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
In a bid to recapture the market from Pokémon, LEGO came up with a toy that involved a sci-fi/fantasy storyline about androids seeking their destiny on a mystical island ripe with legend and mythology. From the beginning, LEGO had plans to spin the toy into a TV series, movies, video games, online stories and merchandising. Now fans of the toy can get a sneak peek at the first movie, a direct-to-video project titled BIONICLE — Mask of Light.

Set to debut on DVD and VHS this fall, BIONICLE — Mask of Light will flesh out the story behind the best-selling toys. It will also pave the way for the big-budget theatrical feature currently in development. BIONICLE fans and curious parties can get a first look at www.maskoflight.com.

LEGO Media, the newly formed TV and film division of the LEGO company, is producing BIONICLE: Mask of Light at L.A.-based animation company Creative Capers Ent. The film will be distributed by Miramax. Read co-creator Alastair Swinnerton's update on the development process in the Feb. 2003 issue of Animation Magazine.

PostThu Feb 20, 2003 9:00 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Newtype USA has confirmed that Cowboy Bebop: The Movie will be released in US theaters on Friday, March 28th. Future details about the release will be available from Sony's website.
http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/cowboybebop/

PostFri Feb 21, 2003 8:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
According to a report by the Hollywood Reporter, former FOX primetime animated series Family Guy, will be joining Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block in April. The series, which begain airing on FOX in 1999, was created by Seth MacFarlane and followed the Griffin family through their various misadventures.

Additional Cartoon Network highlights include:
Craig McCracken, creator of Powerpuff Girls is working on on a new series for the network, tentatively titled Foster Home for Imaginary Friends, which will be ready to air in 2004.

Courage the Cowardly Dog has been not renewed by the network. Series creator John Dilworth is now at work on a new series for the network.

Mike Lazzo will be changing from senior VP of general programming and production for Cartoon...

updated with more detail:
In response to the greater number of adults tuning into Cartoon Network, the channel has moved Mike Lazzo from SVP of programming to SVP of its ADULT SWIM programming franchise. And in a move that's been in the works for some time, it was confirmed by a Cartoon Network spokesperson that Linda Simensky, SVP of original animation, will move from Turner headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia to the Cartoon Network Studio in Burbank, California to look after new programming initiatives for 2003. Lazzo helped launch the channel in 1992 and has been involved in new acquisitions and development of original series. He will also work with CN's marketing staff. Simensky is also a CN veteran exec, who globetrots to animation festivals and shows, seeking new talent and properties for the channel to acquire and develop. Her focus will be comedy and as she joins Sam Register, SVP of original programming who will concentrate on action.

PostFri Feb 21, 2003 8:45 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh sure, NOW Fox is throwing shows at CN, rather than when they had Escaflowne and such.

Although, at the same time, Family Guy is a great addition to AS.

And McCracken is really good, so I have high hopes for this new show.

PostFri Feb 21, 2003 9:23 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Many first took notice of DreamWorks SKG when the film Shrek was released (though Antz was their first film). The small company was founded in 1995 by former-Disney employee Jeffrey Katzenberg, with partners, director, Steven Spielberg and self-made music billionaire, David Geffen. Shrek attracted the attention of animation fans, and critics alike, resulting in an Academy Award in 2002. After such success, what would be next for the little company that could?

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, "a swords-and-sorcery adventure" due in theaters this spring. The film features stars the voices of Brad Pitt, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Michelle Pfeiffer and Joseph Fiennes . Katzenberg promises the film to have one of the toughest female lead characters in an animation film to date. "She is the most compelling, kick-ass female lead of an animated movie, ever."

DreamWorks recently released this polt synopsis: Brad Pitt, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Michelle Pfeiffer and Joseph Fiennes lend their voices to the animated adventure "Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas." Pitt is the voice of Sinbad, the most daring and notorious rogue ever to sail the seven seas. Zeta-Jones voices the beautiful Marina, who joins Sinbad on his greatest adventure. Together, they must battle Eris (Michelle Pfeiffer), the powerful goddess of Chaos, to save the fabled Book of Peace and the life of Sinbad’s best friend—and most dangerous rival—Proteus (Joseph Fiennes).

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas will be in theaters June 27th, 2003. The movie's official web site is located at Sinbad-TheMovie.com.

Other animation projects include the sequel to Shrek, the tale of a grumpy green ogre in a land of fair tales. While the project is still in development, Mike Meyer's the original voice of Shrek is planned to return, along with the rest of the cast, for this follow-up. The sequel will be in theaters in 2004.

Also in development is Sharkslayer, an underwater mob movie populated by tough-talking fish; Madagascar, about New York City zoo animals shipwrecked off Africa; and Over the Hedge, in which cute critters come to grips with suburban humans.

PostFri Feb 21, 2003 10:40 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
They're making a movie for the comic strip OVer the Hedge? That's . . . I don't know. Could be good, could be bad.

What about Tusker? I thought their next CG movie was going to be about an elephant in Africa named Tusker.

PostSat Feb 22, 2003 6:09 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
aparently not

PostSat Feb 22, 2003 7:30 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
According to Berkowtiz, a healthy amount of the second season is already completed.

"I'm very proud of the eleven half hours I've seen," said Berkowitz. "Our artists, here in Sherman Oaks as well as in Asia, have outdone themselves, and so have our post-production people - editing, music, sound effects, etc. Our actors have all shown amazing virtuosity and versatility, and our stories are truly ground-breaking."

While waiting seven months for new episodes may seem like a long time, Berkowitz is trying to put a positive spin on it.

"While you wait for October," said Berkowtiz, "try to take some pleasure in the fact that it seems a long way away; when you get to be my age, time goes by all too quickly."

Berkowtiz also mentions that a Justice League panel at the 2003 San Diego Comicon is a possibility. Stay tuned for interviews with Dwayne McDuffie, Bruce Timm, and Rich Fogel later this week!

on a side note: I am so incredibly at that panel. Here's hoping it happens and that Toonami gets one as well. Adult Swim got one last year, so did the new He-Man.

PostMon Feb 24, 2003 3:30 am
Yume_no_Yuki

Post subject: Pah!
Well atleast they didn't take Ah! My Goddess or the Mini Goddess thing, but the thing that gets me ticked off is the Dubbing. I hate the way they mess up good Animé shows and cancel most of their original lines. Its just lame. Besides, if Dragonball GT comes out they are coming out with a Lame Song, if you go to DragonballGT.com or something they are looking for people to sing the American Version of the Theme Song, and I really think the lyrics suck as well as the music that goes with it. Now I hear they are trying to get Kenshin and Trigun, plus also they tried to get Slayers and lost it to FOX kids, worthless. I am happy they have an Animé Network. Though..I don't have a satellite system, but I am planning on getting one. I wonder if they wil add Tokyo MewMew, or DigiCharat, they already had Tenchi Muyo and Sailor Moon, plus Pokémon, which is pitiful. Plus they had Hamtaro, they should just get Excel Saga, and Puni Puni Poemi to make some of the people laugh, thats the least they could do, but that would be another two animé shows down the toilet. I would better have a chance getting them off of KaZaA.

(())(())
( o.o )
________
|--Maria--|

Crying or Very sadRolling Eyes
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 7:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Pah!
Yume_no_Yuki wrote:

(newbie rantage snipped) Wink
they should just get Excel Saga, and Puni Puni Poemi to make some of the people laugh, thats the least they could do, but that would be another two animé shows down the toilet. I would better have a chance getting them off of KaZaA.

There is no way in HFIL PuniPuniPoemi can run on CN.
But feel free to steal your anime off of Kazaa. Just don't tell US about it. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and welcome to the forums. Very Happy
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 8:57 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: