нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Battle of the 80's TV Icons...FIGHT!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Battle of the 80's TV Icons...FIGHT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which 80's TV Icon Would Win?
The Smurfs, with their Communist furor
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
MacGuyver, with a Swiss army knife and plastic cup
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Matlock, with old man stink and mad lawyerin' skillz
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Hawkeye, with a scalpel and witty anti-war humor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mr. T, with a van, gold chain, and a "stay in school" message
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Alf, with Willie and a cat
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Al, with a remote control and high school football legends
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kitt, with Germany's biggest popstar
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Mr. Huxtable, with Jell-o pudding and a Kodak camera
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
It was a tough choice for me between Alf and Mr. T. I finally went with Alf, because, although Mr. T. for years has built his strength by carrying around all that jewelery, I think Alf's high protien diet has probably created the same muscle, wheter we see it or not. Added to that, ALf has a spaceship. A spaceship!
PostTue Jun 24, 2003 5:08 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
As long as it's not a cold war, Communism will triumph.
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 1:06 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Goddamn you!! Why did you have to make this poll? I couldn't freakin' decide!! It was like choosing between my children! WAAAAAHHH!!!

Here's what it came down to:

1) Smurfs are easily defeated individually, as they become a nice blue smear under any person's foot, but the problem is that they swarm... and they breed faster than freakin' termites! I swear, Smurfette would have to be like an unholy queen bee, sh*ttin' out Smurf drones by the hundreds...

2) Angus MacGyver has superior brainpower, creativity, and the massive atomic power of his mullet. Unfortunately, any fan will tell you that MacGyver never made any lethal weapons with his mad skills, so that's a big disadvantage to him. Plus, his first name is friggin' Angus...

3) I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Ben Matlock is GOD!! His Georgia-bred lawyerin' skillz defy all probability and logic, because (almost) all of his friggin' clients are (almost) always not-guilty! He's better than Cochran could ever dream of being. Unfortunately, his powers only work when someone has been framed for a crime they didn't commit (which would actually work in favor of Mr. T's A-Team persona, B.A. Baracus, but I'll get to him later)...

4) Hawkeye Pierce became weary with the horrors of war by this time, so it's possible that a confrontation with an enraged Mr. T and a severely wounded ALF would cause him to snap and go total Rambo... while wearing funny Groucho Marx glasses...

5) Mr. T... what else can be said about him? I pity the foo' that gets in the ring with the T. He's nigh-invulnerable and almost completely unstoppable. His only weakness would probably be that he has a heart of gold. Of course, that won't stop him from beating the hell outta that fuzzy ALF for his 10-10-220 ads... "It's Inspecta Collect, foo'!"

6) ALF (aka: Gordon Shumway) is an alien life form with an advanced knowledge of technology and a superior wit. Your puny weapons are no match for his sparkling charisma and snappy one-liners. In a battle of gags, he may meet his match with Heathcliff Huxtable, but he can easily turn the tide of battle with a hidden Melmacian death-ray that he stores for "special occasions". Plus, judging from his recent appearances in telephone ads, his advanced alien biology has made him impervious to disease and aging, which could mean that he's one muppet that won't go down with conventional weaponry.

7) Al?... are you referring to Al Bundy, of Married... with Children fame? If so, just his presance may fully disgust any contender. He's a former football hero, though a bum leg may hinder him just as it did his football career. Of course, this didn't stop him from becoming Shoe Salesman of the Year in '68, or founding the anti-feminist organization NO MA'AM (National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood). With as much time as he spends on the toilet and as much time his right hand stays under his pants, he may well deter any attack with his own brand of "offense".

8) the Knight Industries Two Thousand, or K.I.T.T. for short, is pure American-bred muscle-car, with enough added gizmos and suped-up power to make any red-blooded man merrily sport wood just looking at it. This super-charged Pontiac Trans-Am puts Mr. T's '83 GMC G-15 Van to shame. It's got a highly advanced artificial intelligence, has more gadgets than Speed Racer's original Mach 5, and is the ultimate extension of 1980's American pop-culture's combined penises. The problem? Pontiacs are crap, and K.I.T.T., just like MacGyver, is completely non-lethal only. Plus the addition of the bumbling walking protozoa David "Luckiest Bastard in Showbiz" Hasselhoff might also have either a positive or negative effect. If anything, Hasselhoff may turn out to be the x-factor strong enough to repel even Al Bundy...

9) Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable's mass appeal, as well as an unexhaustable supply of adorable little kids to play his comic foil, are almost a sure-fire win. Although his sensibilities may be repeled by the likes of Bundy or Hasselhoff, you must remember that he's an obstatrician, so he sees the uglier side of life everyday (anyone who tells you birth is a beautiful thing is full of crap). Spending all day dealing with women crapping out babies and with mischevious kids has created a dad that can deal with just about every possible problem imaginable. His brightly colored sweaters act like the best damn force-field imaginable, their multiple and confusing array of ever-changing hues confusing the enemy into submission...

So, there you have it... with all of this information, it was a tough battle, but in the end, there could be only one, which is why I chose the winner of this 80's TV icon battle to be...

Wendy's spokesperson Clara Peller

Why her? Because if we could resurrect the corpse of the late Ms. Peller, she'd frighten even the mightiest of 80's tv icons... or at least be adorable enough to put them in a false sense of security. And an old, undead lady making sly sexual innuendo is pretty freakin' terrifying anyway...
Where's the Beef?

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 4:46 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Johnny man, you know way, way too much about TV . . . haha, cool.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 7:51 pm
AnimePrime

Post subject:
What about other cartoons like He Man, Roboteck and Transformers?

I guess this counts as "Other"
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 5:12 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Johnny man, you know way, way too much about TV . . . haha, cool.

what can I say? I watched a lot of TV while growing up in the 80's... which is truly a sad, sad thing...

Laughing

PostSun Jul 27, 2003 7:33 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
Wendy's spokesperson Clara Peller

Thats the Where's the beef lady right? I remember seeing her on VH1's I love the 80's(or whatever it was called).
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 8:02 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, I've been watching that show for a while too... of course, I'm old enough to remember the "Where's the Beef" commercials when they were playing on TV in the first place...

PostSun Jul 27, 2003 8:32 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Johnny I bow before you. As another child of the 80s I remember all the shows to. And there is no way I could have put it like you.

But of course you guys forgot the Misfits of Science. Johnny B would make quick work of Mr T with all that conductive gold. And Courtney Cox would be able to pull Hasselhoff away from Kitt making Kitt useless.

And really what about Manimal? He could kick Clara Pellars ass.

Having watched every episode of Matlock (and Murder She Wrote.. i will never be the same) I can tell you forgot his real superpower. The power of Don Knotts! That makes Matlock the true winner.
PostMon Jul 28, 2003 8:26 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's one 80's TV icon we've overlooked... That guy from The Greatest American Hero. What was his name?
PostTue Jul 29, 2003 12:06 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
There's one 80's TV icon we've overlooked... That guy from The Greatest American Hero. What was his name?

Ralph Hinkley.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-586/
Although I believe they changed his last name to "Hanley" after Reagan was shot.
PostTue Jul 29, 2003 8:59 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: