нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Anime Channel will finally come about
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Anime Channel will finally come about
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Happy thoughts Greer. The goodness will come in due time so let's all be patient.
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 8:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
One thing that worries me is that those b@stard Christian(like the AFA, or the Mormons) groups may try to block the channel- and with the dang Republicans in control now...

Hopefully all of us who beleive in free speech on TV, and who want some good programming will defend against the true Axis of Evil.

That's an appalling thought to have, well hope that situation never comes to be. Instead those bureaucracies should shed their attention another way.
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 9:42 pm
dbzgundam

Post subject:
LOL, I can't stand our current regime... It's basically the entire nation being ran by "elephants." Stampeding over our Freedom, well not entirely, but I agree... Our Freedom of Speech has become quite limited these days. We can occasionally say God, but very rarely. G-Gundam can't say God at all. Devil is also not allowed, but do you know how many indirect and direct reference to some form of Satan there are in cartoons on CN! Oh well, it's useless saying this since it's been brought up many time before and this isn't exactly the right thread to talk about this. I tend not to try and go Off-Topic.

EDIT: Oh yes and have you people noticed that many Toonami shows, in specific, DBZ, uses frequent use of the word "God" through out the series. Season 3, which had much lighter editing standards than 1 and 2 still had limitations. Compared with today I'm surprised they have not lowered even more. Season 3 had Frieza claiming himself to be "As powerful as a god" Now ok there is no physical reference or even info on Frieza's interpretation on the power of a "God," but I'm surprised this wasn't brought up. The next reference surprising comes form Gundam Wing! Trieze Kushranadah, (I can't spell his last name without looking at a model box, and I think I'm pretty close) while presenting a speech, uses this following sentence. "I'm sure God would understand the steps we're taking." Now this kinda shows one thing for Religious groups to complain about... (that I can think of anyway) That God can forgive war, and death, etc.. This is apparently believed by some of certain religions. Christian being the main one. But even if no one complains, then I'm just annoyed that CN can't keep an editing consistency in their shows!

My $.02!
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 10:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AnimeArtist4

Post subject:
what are all the shows that everyone wants to see on this new anime channel. My little brother is begging to have a huge gundam selection. He's a huge gundam fan. I want to see Orphen maybe.
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 11:02 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gundam is overrated. I wanna see Goldenboy. ADV owns that too Very Happy

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 1:21 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
I wanna see Goldenboy.

It rules. Cool
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 3:44 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
dbzgundam wrote:
Oh yes and have you people noticed that many Toonami shows, in specific, DBZ, uses frequent use of the word "God" through out the series. Season 3, which had much lighter editing standards than 1 and 2 still had limitations. Compared with today I'm surprised they have not lowered even more. Season 3 had Frieza claiming himself to be "As powerful as a god" Now ok there is no physical reference or even info on Frieza's interpretation on the power of a "God," but I'm surprised this wasn't brought up. The next reference surprising comes form Gundam Wing! Trieze Kushranadah, (I can't spell his last name without looking at a model box, and I think I'm pretty close) while presenting a speech, uses this following sentence. "I'm sure God would understand the steps we're taking." Now this kinda shows one thing for Religious groups to complain about... (that I can think of anyway) That God can forgive war, and death, etc.. This is apparently believed by some of certain religions. Christian being the main one. But even if no one complains, then I'm just annoyed that CN can't keep an editing consistency in their shows!

Amen to that. It's ludicrous! Let's also not forget the quote from Blue Sub 6.

"You think you're some kind of god?"
"Of course not. I'm not as arrogant as that."

I'm amazed that Toonami shows it over and over again in their Mad Rhetoric music video and they never get bashed by religious freaks for it. ^^

Also, most of the WBA series (Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, etc.) that Toonami airs use the word "God" (even in vain!) to death. Oh, brother... Rolling Eyes

So, if Toonami can use the word in American cartoons and not anime, where's the justice in that? Why can't both American action cartoons and anime be treated in an equal respect, so they can both say "God" without angering the public? And the same goes for "death" and "life." I mean, they're not offensive words. What's wrong with them? Like I said before, it's ludicrous!
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 4:17 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Speaking of religion in anime, I've been closely monitering the Evangelion we are showing on TV and have become aware that we are being shown unedited anime goodness! I've been very careful to check it and I believe that they have cut nothing! Yay! I also brought Death and Rebirth!
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 7:42 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dill, could you set up some kind of satellite link to your house and all of our places so we can have some of the goodness too?

They even showed the end of episode 20?!
Shocked Shocked Shocked
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 3:05 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
OK

*****SPOILER ALERT************

We've just seen the episode where Shinji rips apart the unit with Tohji in, shown with all of it's gory goodness in tact! Our next installment of the series is tomorrow!

*****END SPOILER**************
sorry, I don't have CNX Sad which is upsetting! It's showing 'Executioners'
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 3:16 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Okay, you'r e getting there. Too bad about that one. That EVA was one of the better ones.
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 3:22 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
God you're lucky dill

*gets ready to pack his bags and move to england*
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 3:34 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Spookmonkey wrote:
I wanna see Goldenboy.

It rules. Cool

Oh yes, yes it does. I got all 6 on dvd.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 3:38 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
That battle was cool dill (^_^). Now I gotta get my friend to lend me his NGE Boxset. I need to see that one again
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 9:27 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
dbzgundam wrote:
Oh yes and have you people noticed that many Toonami shows, in specific, DBZ, uses frequent use of the word "God" through out the series. Season 3, which had much lighter editing standards than 1 and 2 still had limitations Compared with today I'm surprised they have not lowered even more. Season 3 had Frieza claiming himself to be "As powerful as a god" Now ok there is no physical reference or even info on Frieza's interpretation on the power of a "God," but I'm surprised this wasn't brought up. The next reference surprising comes form Gundam Wing! Trieze Kushranadah, (I can't spell his last name without looking at a model box, and I think I'm pretty close) while presenting a speech, uses this following sentence. "I'm sure God would understand the steps we're taking." Now this kinda shows one thing for Religious groups to complain about... (that I can think of anyway) That God can forgive war, and death, etc.. This is apparently believed by some of certain religions. Christian being the main one. But even if no one complains, then I'm just annoyed that CN can't keep an editing consistency in their shows!

Amen to that. It's ludicrous! Let's also not forget the quote from Blue Sub 6.

"You think you're some kind of god?"
"Of course not. I'm not as arrogant as that."

I'm amazed that Toonami shows it over and over again in their Mad Rhetoric music video and they never get bashed by religious freaks for it. ^^

Also, most of the WBA series (Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, etc.) that Toonami airs use the word "God" (even in vain!) to death. Oh, brother... Rolling Eyes

So, if Toonami can use the word in American cartoons and not anime, where's the justice in that? Why can't both American action cartoons and anime be treated in an equal respect, so they can both say "God" without angering the public? And the same goes for "death" and "life." I mean, they're not offensive words. What's wrong with them? Like I said before, it's ludicrous!

GAH! There's a difference between 'God' and 'god'. 'God' Referes to the actual, singular God, as in Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. 'god' refers to a god such as in Greek or Roman Mythology. Mythology is just that: Myth. Thus, athiests don't care. And if they do, there's nothing to argue against in court. You can say 'god' all you want, but any reference to a living, breathing religion, apparently thats jsut WRONG.

On Fata's site, I was hanging around the forum while I was waiting for this place to come back. They said that a film called Rejected was set to air on ASC. With either a TV-M or a TV-14 rating. From what I hear, it's as graphic as South Park, only Rejected got away with more since it was just stick figures. There was a big long negotiation with the censors, because the creator of the film didn't want ANYTHING edited since the film is a commentary on pointless editing. CN even took out an insurance policy incase they were sued for showing it. Well, after all that, they pulled it a day before it aired. Why? Because the censors didn't like how one of the characters said "Sweet Jesus."

The funny thing is, apparently, the character who says it is actually refering to his Mexican friend.

Oh, and Dill, can I live in RLH's room while she's at college? Just till I see the last ep of NGE? I don't eat much. I can even sleep standing up! I'm like a chameleon, you won't even know I'm there!!!

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 9:55 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: