нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Premiere Talkback: Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Premiere Talkback: Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Premiere Talkback: Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Another new series, another new talkback thread!

This thread is dedicated to Tenchi Muyo! GXP, a spinoff of the popular Tenchi franchise by anime director Nabeshin (of Excel Saga fame). This also marks the return of a Toonami franchise following a 12-year hiatus (or 7 months, if you consider the April Fool's premiere).

In this 26-episode spinoff, Seina Yamada, a friend of Tenchi Masaki (yep, the main star isn't the focus in this series!), is witness to a large spacecraft crashing near the Masaki residence, causing a tsunami which nearly drowns him. He's rescued by Amane Kaunaq, a member of the Galaxy Police who sends him an application to join them. His family forcefully signs the application for him, thus starting his adventures with the Galaxy Police.

Enjoy the premiere every Saturday at 12.5AM. Only Toonami.

Last edited by Daikun on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Nov 10, 2012 7:01 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Premiere Talkback: Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Daikun wrote:
Seina Yamada, distant cousin of Tenchi Masaki

Nope.
Childhood friend and underclassman, yes.
Kiriko and her brother Kai are Tenchi's cousins.
PostSat Nov 10, 2012 10:04 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Premiere Talkback: Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Nobuyuki wrote:
Daikun wrote:
Seina Yamada, distant cousin of Tenchi Masaki

Nope.
Childhood friend and underclassman, yes.
Kiriko and her brother Kai are Tenchi's cousins.

I got my info from here.
PostSun Nov 11, 2012 3:27 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
> wikia
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry Daikun, but your reference material is almost as terrible as the dub.
In spite of that, there's a decent show here if folks'll stick with it. Wink
PostSun Nov 11, 2012 7:14 am
JayTheBrainMann

Post subject:
I like this series. Though, there is one critique I have with it: Seina is WAY TOO UNLUCKY. I mean, seriously, cut him a tiny bit of a break at least once! Surprised
PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
JayTheBrainMann wrote:
I like this series. Though, there is one critique I have with it: Seina is WAY TOO UNLUCKY. I mean, seriously, cut him a tiny bit of a break at least once! Surprised

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Wink

That's actually the point. Writers would do stuff like this to make the audience sympathize with the character more.

What if Seina DIDN'T have the bad luck? That would make him kinda boring. They might as well just use Tenchi if that was the case, since he wouldn't be any different as a character.
PostFri Nov 23, 2012 10:33 am
JayTheBrainMann

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
JayTheBrainMann wrote:

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Wink

That's actually the point. Writers would do stuff like this to make the audience sympathize with the character more.

What if Seina DIDN'T have the bad luck? That would make him kinda boring. They might as well just use Tenchi if that was the case, since he wouldn't be any different as a character.

To me, this whole "Seina being incredibly unlucky" thing is boring! I mean, yes, it's good in small doses, but it's literally the only punchline throughout the show (or at least the first two episodes... especially the first).

I guess I just don't understand. Confused
PostFri Nov 23, 2012 11:57 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
By "boring," I was referring to a "perfect character." The Mary Sue archetype, where they have no flaws and are thus not challenged.

By making Seina unlucky, the writers are doing this to avoid the archetype.
PostSat Nov 24, 2012 5:05 pm
JayTheBrainMann

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
By "boring," I was referring to a "perfect character." The Mary Sue archetype, where they have no flaws and are thus not challenged.

By making Seina unlucky, the writers are doing this to avoid the archetype.

I see what you mean now. I secretly like Mary Sues sometimes.

I still think he's too unlucky. I actually liked it when he got a slight chance of luck... then he fucked it up for himself. Ugh. Now I'm thinking he's not so much unlucky as much as he is a complete dumbass. Razz
PostSun Nov 25, 2012 3:06 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Okay, I'm losing my patience. It's been three weeks since the hyper-jump sequence. Is any action going to happen in this show?

I'm not getting a Toonami vibe after several episodes of slapstick. It feels more like it belongs on Adult Swim's comedy lineup.
PostSun Dec 09, 2012 5:05 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's a comedy show, anyway. Just like all the other TM! shows. Wink

And I agree a weekly airing just exacerbates the perception of non-action.
PostMon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
It's a comedy show, anyway. Just like all the other TM! shows. Wink

I'm well aware of that. Here's the thing, though: Those other TM! shows at least had bad guys and fighting and conflict. Heck, Tenchi had a fight scene with one of the harem girls in the first episode. There was a sense of balance between the action and the comedy.

In GXP, I'm not seeing any balance. It's shifting towards comedy.
PostMon Dec 10, 2012 6:26 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Thats not necessarily a bad thing. Take FMP? Fumoffu. It took comedic portion of FMP! and ran with it. That being said, I'm just not a big fan of GXP.
PostMon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
gfpaperboy22 wrote:
Thats not necessarily a bad thing. Take FMP? Fumoffu. It took comedic portion of FMP! and ran with it. That being said, I'm just not a big fan of GXP.

I agree that it's not a bad thing.

Here's the question, though: If you had a choice to put Fumoffu on Toonami or Adult Swim, which would you choose and why?
PostWed Dec 12, 2012 4:15 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Toonami. Back in the day, it would have been more difficult to pick, but Toonami is the only anime branch of Adult Swim at this point. Also, Chidori is fairly violent, so it would still fit in.
PostSun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: