нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - That Oscar-winning were-rabbit, perhaps? (edit: YES!)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
That Oscar-winning were-rabbit, perhaps? (edit: YES!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Place your bets!
Howl's Moving Castle
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Corpse Bride
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Curse of the Were-Rabbit
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: That Oscar-winning were-rabbit, perhaps? (edit: YES!)
For the first time since the animated feature film category was added in 2001, no nominees were made using computer-generated imagery. The nominees: the hand-drawn “Howl’s Moving Castle,” and the stop-motion films “Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride” and “Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.”

“Wallace & Gromit” creator Nick Park said he was thrilled by the nomination.

“It’s fantastic,” Park said, toasting the nomination with champagne at Heathrow Airport as he waited for a flight to Los Angeles. “You never know with these things. It’s so unpredictable.

“You make the film for its own sake really. You don’t make the film for this reason. It’s just a great bonus.”

So... who will wins?

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Jan 31, 2006 6:17 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think Curse of the Were-Rabbit will for several reasons. First its the most mainstream of the three. And secondly if the voters find out that all the models used to make the movie burned in a fire. Then it will be a sympathy vote.
PostTue Jan 31, 2006 7:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think Howl's SHOULD win merely on the grouds of it being utterly, utterly gorgeous.

Will it win? Don't know. But Spirited Away won, so it's not too farfetched.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 1:01 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
God, I hope that Wallace & Grommit one doesn't win. Never seen Corpse Bride, so I can't have an opinion on the subject.
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 5:57 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
God, I hope that Wallace & Grommit one doesn't win.

I see room for expansion on that comment, Bono...

I admit I haven't seen any of the nominees this year, so I can't say which I think should win, just that W&G are the front-runners.
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 10:13 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Corpse Bride was alright, but I thought the ending could've used some improvement. I haven't seen the other two (I plan to in the near future, though), but I'm guessing Howl's Moving Castle will win, mainly because of Miyazaki's track record in animation and the Oscars.
PostWed Feb 01, 2006 7:15 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Corpse Bride was good, but not GREAT. It was barely over an hour, for one thing. Also, I felt that, if you aren't a kid, you're not going to enjoy it NEARLY as much.

I got a special kick out of the fact that Johnny Depp's character gets not one, but TWO girls in the film. But that just has to do with some inside jokes and such. The movie WAS well made, but I wouldnt' call it glorious or epic.

I haven't seen the Wallace and Gromit movie, but based off of previous works from teh same firm, I'm guessing that Howl's is BETTER animation.

Of course, maybe I'm just biased.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Feb 02, 2006 5:42 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Congratulations to Nick Park and the crew at Aardman Animation for their well-deserved Oscar win tonight. Very Happy
PostSun Mar 05, 2006 9:36 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: