нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - FLCL - Furi Kuri - Fooly Cooly - and a yellow vespa
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
FLCL - Furi Kuri - Fooly Cooly - and a yellow vespa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't get the eyebrow thing . . .

But she wasn't having sex with the robot, she was fixing him. Half of the ep was a parody of hentai (the other half was a parody of serious/detective/horror type anima). They wanted to make it seem like she was, but she was just fixing the robot.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 10:34 am
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
If spoiler-enriched AMVs have taught me nothing, it's "WHY?!?! WOLFWOOD?! WHY?!?!"

*composes self*

That, and the eyebrows have some point in the story.

I can't wait for Episode 5. I hear it's the parody episode. Don't spoil it for yourself, or other TDA members (you bastards ruined the end of Bebop for me), and laugh your ass off. And since it was already mentioned, yes, there is a South Park segment.
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 12:10 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Just out of curiosity, how often is Haruko(the girl with the guitar)drawn without an exaggerated "anime look?"
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 4:44 pm
stFalcon5

Frequenter

Post subject:
MegamanTrigger wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how often is Haruko(the girl with the guitar)drawn without an exaggerated "anime look?"

On the rare moments they want her to seem serious. Duh.
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 5:30 pm
blade-restored

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
one episode in, and all i know is that i want that bass guitar...the thing can crush skulls and skid on the road at high speed without showing even a miniscule sign of damage...oh, and i thought it was funny that when she was plucking the string, she was playing it upside-down (a right-handed bass being played lefty)...

oh, right, the episode...uh, funny stuff in the "i don't have a clue of what the hell's going on" type of way...looking forward to see where it goes from here...

[added a few hours later]

okay, seems that i was a bit off with the instrument...given the location of the knobs and the whammy-bar, it actually is a lefty bass, so it makes sense how she played it...what threw me was the logo on the top, which would technically be upside down for a left-handed guitar...

Haruko is a lefty, and this plays into one of the themes of FLCL; for instance, Mamimi is a righty trying to play with the left hand (you can see this in episode one when she was holding the bat). I think Tsurumaki called people who do that 'southpaws;' in other words, "He who conquers the left side conquers the world!"

counterparadox wrote:
I don't get the eyebrow thing . . .

The eyebrow thing symbolizes maturity; but it kind of contradicted itself because Amarao is in no way mature, which is why it is funny, to me, anyway. o.-;
PostSat Aug 09, 2003 11:13 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
blade-restored wrote:

The eyebrow thing symbolizes maturity; but it kind of contradicted itself because Amarao is in no way mature, which is why it is funny, to me, anyway. o.-;

It has a MUCH deeper meaning than that. MUCH DEEPER
PostSun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
i'll take the red pill, or was it the blue?
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Aug 10, 2003 2:31 am
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
I took the green pill only to wake up all animated in a south park fashion.
PostSun Aug 10, 2003 11:26 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
'Southpaw' is a baseball term. In case any of you DON'T know, it's the term for a left-handed pitcher. Every major league baseball feild is constructed with the same polar allignment, so that left-handed pitchers are always causing the ball to come from the South. I'm serious. My dad is a baseball geek. I know this stuff.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 3:54 pm
wild_knight

Post subject:
OMG, i just watched ep. 5(i think) and it was one of the funniest things ive ever seen. Very Happy Shocked Very Happy i absolutuly loved the south park and lupin paridoes.

Is it true that theres only 6 episodes? If so, then im sad Sad
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 11:39 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
I noticed:

Lupin the III
South Park
THe Matrix
Then where was when she was wearing the buddy costum ,I know thats from something.
Any other parodies in that one?

Thats what it is all about!
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 11:44 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
from what i've read over at the toonzone forums supposedly haruko in the playboy bunny outfit is a self reference to one of gainax's earlier productions Otaku no Video. Mind you all this series definately requires watching it at least 20 times to even start to understand anything going on.
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 1:09 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
from what i've read over at the toonzone forums supposedly haruko in the playboy bunny outfit is a self reference to one of gainax's earlier productions Otaku no Video.

Daicon IV, actually.
Which later inspired the bunny-girl from OnV.

(Right Now...Bunny Girls RULE!) Wink
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 3:12 am
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Hey, how many eps are in this sereis. Last night they said there about near the end.

Thats what it is all about!
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 3:20 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Only 6. So this is the end.
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 3:42 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: