нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Paranoia Agent
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Paranoia Agent
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject: Paranoia Agent
Ok so I dunno how I did it but I managed to get my computer to play the fansub of the first episode in exact sync with the airing on Adult Swim. From what I saw, there were only two edits. The first being the nudie picture the kids were looking at on the computer. They 'extended' her shirt furthur down, which I thought was creative. The second edit was the removal of the Apple logo from the laptop sagi tsukiko. Its a shame that they didn't get add subtitles to the kanji text on screen. When sagi was checking her messages, there were many interesting ones written that the US audience compleltly missed.

All in all they kept the show as it was meant to be shown. Heck they even kept the aspect ratio... unlike on the inuyasha movie. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how they edit the future eps.

My only complaint thus far was the name change of the shonen bat. Lil'slugger just doesn't sound as good IMO.

Any questions thus far? What did you guys think?
PostSat May 28, 2005 11:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Paranoia Agent
KingSpanky wrote:
My only complaint thus far was the name change of the shonen bat. Lil'slugger just doesn't sound as good IMO.

I don't want to get too far into it, but since "Shounen Bat" is a pretty lame nickname anyway, why not translate it into something equally silly?
PostSun May 29, 2005 12:03 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Pains me to say it but you have a point. It'll be interesting to see how they edit the rest of the series. Especially episode 3 and 6.
PostSun May 29, 2005 12:45 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You know, as I was watching, I was dissapointed that we didn't get to see what hte kanji said. From the way they were showing it, I could tell it should be known what it meant, so I was VERY dissapointed that they didn't have it written on teh screen in english. I think whoever made that decision, or non-decision, should be shot.

Aside from that, this episode left me saying "....wtf?"

If that's what I should be saying, then good. But I really have no idea what's going on in this show yet.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun May 29, 2005 1:05 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, you'll be saying WTF to nearly every episode. If you guys want, I can take screen caps of the newpaper writings that were translated in the fansubs and post them here.

Oh and Nobu, I started thinking about why they chose 'Lil'sluger' as the guys name. If you do a direct translation of shounen bat it becomes Bat Boy. And i'm sure they didn't want to have youth running around beating people at the end of their ropes.
PostSun May 29, 2005 2:06 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
You know, as I was watching, I was dissapointed that we didn't get to see what hte kanji said.

Lemme steal something from Toon Zone Wink :
Quote:
Side Note #1: Kawazu's business card says "Weekly RUMOR Magazine
Writer, Akio Kawazu"

Side Note #2: Tsukiko's computer wallpaper says "MOON LIGHT
Tsukiko's Room"

Side Note #3: Tsukiko's blank email form says "BBS
Voice of the Moon"

Side Note #4: Here are all of the emails that Tsukiko reads translated -
"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
Are you all right? I hope you get better soon. (Name: (-170)"

"ARE YOU OKAY?!
I can't believe it's an elementary school kid.
I hope you'll get better quickly. (Name:Kerotan)"

"HOW ARE YOU RECOVERING?
I am really worried.
I hope you recover quickly. (Name:Skipp)"

"HOPING YOU WILL BE FINE SOON!
How are you doing tonight?
I hope you will get better. (Name: K_Y)"

"I'M SO WORRIED I CAN'T SLEEP.
Are you okay, Tsuki-Chan?
I'm worried abnout Maromi, too. (Name: Elliot)"

"THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT!
An elementary school student hit you with a bat?
Are you that starved for attention? (Name: No Name Given)"

"LIAR!
You've been a liar since you were a kid!! (Name: Kasanagi)"

"A ONE WOMAN SHOW,
Written, Directed and starring Tsukiko Sagi (Name: One Citizen)"

"FULL OF LIES"

"YOU MADE IT UP!"

"CRYING WOLF!"

"HOAX!"

"STUPID GIRL'S PLAY"

"TURN YOURSELF IN"

Side Note #5: The newspaper at the very end of the episode said

"A Second Street Assault
With a Metal Bat!
Male Victim Seriously Injured"

KingSpanky wrote:
Oh and Nobu, I started thinking about why they chose 'Lil'sluger' as the guys name. If you do a direct translation of shounen bat it becomes Bat Boy. And i'm sure they didn't want to have youth running around beating people at the end of their ropes.

Well, of course not. Very Happy
But the idea of the name of the assailant is that the news media has come up with some catchy nickname that trivializes the impact of the crimes while also making it easier to grab the attention of the public, like "Son of Sam" or "The Zodiac Killer".
Also, "Bat Boy" might not have been able to clear DC Comics' lawyers. Wink
PostSun May 29, 2005 7:26 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
See? Those have a deffinite impact on the show. I really wish that had been translated. Not photo-shopped in, but subtitles at the bottom of the screen. I'm actaully really surprised that they didn't do this and I have to complain about it.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun May 29, 2005 7:51 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
The animation quality in this series is superb! In the first 15minutes I could have sworn this was a movie and not a series. The scene with the stuffed dog coming alive was stunning.

The opening sequence left me with this sad, frightened view of humanity, as most avant garde anime do.
PostSun May 29, 2005 11:37 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, the whole intro is about the different ways to die. Like sleeping with the fishes and what not. its a shame they shortend the ending.
PostMon May 30, 2005 12:21 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Im with the others who watched this and went "WTF?". I agree that the kenji should have been translated. There is really no reason to have left the american audience in the dark.

One of the things im liking about fansubs is the beginning translations to give you an idea what your seeing. As well as the ongoing ones throughout the episodes to help you understand it. It seems that we are purposely being kept out with this one.
PostThu Jun 02, 2005 11:33 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
YAY! No censoring in Episode 2! But it'll be very interesting to see what gets cut next week.
PostSat Jun 04, 2005 11:30 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
KingSpanky wrote:
But it'll be very interesting to see what gets cut next week.

Besides the obvious ones. Wink
PostSat Jun 04, 2005 11:38 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Awesome episode. For some reason seeing the downfall of arrogant children always leaves me with a warm happy feeling. First time I noticed Satoshi Kon's name in the opening credits and now it's no mystery why this show has such depth and intrigue.

and Harumi is on LSD....
PostSun Jun 05, 2005 12:27 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
OK, time once again for blatant intellectual property theft... Wink
Presenting the text translations for episode 2:
Quote:
Paranoia Agent - Episode 2 - The Golden Shoes - Edit List

COMPLETELY UNEDITED

Side Note #1: Some of you might not get the pun with Ichi's name. Ichi means 1 in Japanese and ichiban means number 1.

Side Note #2: The exam results said "EXAM RANKINGS: 1st YUICHI TAIRA

Side Note #3: The sign that Yuichi flies by at the beginning of the episdoe said "The Golden Shoes". If you haven't figured out by now, these signs are the episode titles. There actually was accompanying English text on the sign that said "The Golden Shoes" but it would be hard to see unless you were looking for it.

Side Note #4: The note Yuichi finds in his locker says "YOU'RE LIL' SLUGGER!".

Side Note #5: Ichi's election sign said "YUICHI TAIRA For Student Council President".

Side Note #6: Usshi's election sign said "Usshi is Here For You".

Side Note #7: The ribbon attached to the Gundam figure said "Gold Award".

Side Note #8: The writing on Ichi's desk said "You're the one! You should be executed!".

Side Note #9: Ichi's cell phone said "Open the image file?"

Side Note #10: The grafitti written on Ichi's election sign said "Shonen Bat" , the japanese name of Lil' Slugger.

Side Note #11: The sign on the room where Yuichi is being questioned said "Conference Room".

Side Note #12: The sign above the broken Gundam said "Take you craft assignment home."

Side Note #13: The ribbon next to the broken Gundam said "Golden (bat) Award".

Side Note #14: You'll notice that the math equation on the street said "= 1" remember Ichi means 1 in Japanese.

PostMon Jun 06, 2005 6:43 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm assuming you guys all saw the whiners card last night. The one that stated they would add subs to the kanji for eps 5-13. Power to the people.
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 8:30 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: