нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Return of G-Force!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Return of G-Force!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix_G-5

Post subject: Return of G-Force!
In Recent Years, Gatchaman has been regaining popularity, The Classic Anime series made in 1972 that basically started everything we watch today. I have searched all over the internet, fan pages are growing, dvd's are coming out. Cartoon Network should, must bring back G-Force, it was the best translation of the one of the greatest anime series of all time. Original Anime is coming back, G-Force should come back too.

I watched G-Force back when it first came to cartoon network in 1995, before that I did'nt watch anime, Now I love it. But G-Force is my favorite.

Please, any Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force fans show your support, do what ever you can to help, bring back G-Force to the air waves. Bring back the glory to Cartoon Network!

Last edited by Phoenix_G-5 on Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Jan 26, 2003 3:28 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow, that's a lot of exclamation points. In the future, try to not use so many.

As for the series, I've never seen it. I didn't get Cartoon Network till about 1999. So I don't really have anything to add to the topic.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jan 26, 2003 11:21 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well as far as I know there's no plans to ever bring it back. Toonami is more likely to keep bringing in newer things than ever bringing back the old stuff that people are so sure have a chance of airing again.
PostSun Jan 26, 2003 1:00 pm
Zerokun

Post subject:
I admit to being an avid Gatch fan myself, but even I have to face reality... CN has shown no interest in bringing back G-Force so far. Seems it's just not in the cards. Crying or Very sad

As far as the translation goes, G-Force does have its merits, but it also has some horrendous flaws. Yes, the script adheres closely to the original, much of the violence remains intact, and that dolt 7-Zark-7 is nowhere to be seen. But the new names are beyond cheesy, verging on painful, the new voice actors(save Barbra Goodson and Cameron Clarke) are a joke, and we get a mind-numbingly bad pseudo-techno beat droning in the background instead of Hoyt Curtin's lofty score.

Maybe someday soon, should someone have the interest and the resources, we'll have an English version of Gatch that carries the enthusiasm and production values of BotP AND the close adherence of GoS. But until then, we've always got Rhino's BotP DVD's and the subbed Gatch goodness encased therein. Smile
PostSun Jan 26, 2003 4:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
I'm hoping that CN or Boomerang comes out with a sort of "Old School Toonami" line-up. I know they have "Boomer-Action", but that's mostly the Cartoon Roulette type stuff. I'm talking a return to the type of shows that Toonami used to show, made up of older stuff like G-Force and the Pirates of Dark Water and the original Thundercats. It seems odd now that I'm reminiscing to the first days of Toonami (the Moltar era, when they still had Cartoon Roulette and that god-awful yet somehow entertaining Real Adventures of Jonny Quest), but sometimes I find myself staying up super-late just to catch old reruns of the original Space Ghost and Dino Boy or Sealab 2020 (the original, not the current comedic "2021"). And yes, CN has been playing the Pirates of Dark Water (finally) super late at night, after Adult Swim.

guess i'm just an old dog after all...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Jan 30, 2003 2:59 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey, the G-Force soundtrack kicked arse.

Only reason why it bugs me is it replaced Robotech on the Saturday midnight run back in the day...
PostFri Jan 31, 2003 7:20 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:
And yes, CN has been playing the Pirates of Dark Water (finally) super late at night, after Adult Swim.

God YES, I saw my first ep of Pirate of Dark Water last week since I was like 9. That show still kicks mucho ass! Maybe I'll finnaly be able to see the ending this time.
PostFri Jan 31, 2003 9:22 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Well as far as I know there's no plans to ever bring it back. Toonami is more likely to keep bringing in newer things than ever bringing back the old stuff that people are so sure have a chance of airing again.

...Toonami's bringing back Robotech as part of the Giant Robot Week special this February, and they brought back Thundercats last April, so why not G-Force?
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 1:13 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of exclamation points. In the future, try to not use so many.

As for the series, I've never seen it. I didn't get Cartoon Network till about 1999. So I don't really have anything to add to the topic.

True, dat!
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 3:50 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:

...Toonami's bringing back Robotech as part of the Giant Robot Week special this February, and they brought back Thundercats last April, so why not G-Force?

Less demand, and much smaller fan base.
PostSat Feb 01, 2003 4:24 pm
EddieB

Post subject:
Yea pirates of darkwater was awesome I hope they bring that back
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 4:05 pm
Raven

Post subject:
I couldnt agree more, I always wondered why they havent shown it in awhile when it had such an influence on all anime cartoons. Shocked
PostSun Feb 23, 2003 5:27 pm
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
G- Force: Guardianes del espacio was being shown on Cartoon Network for a while ... where I'm from though. But the series was soon replaced with episodes Inu-Yasha, which now owns the time slot,and is followed by Dragonballz.
PostFri Feb 28, 2003 1:50 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: