нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Rurouni Kenshin: "Only Toonami, that it is..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
It can if you try hard enough. Its just that the back side of the blade is not sharp.
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 8:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Can a hammer cut a sausage, DM? No. Flat = no cut. Skill = no kill unless he wants to kill.

I liked it. I mean, the fight scenes weren't incredibly detailed action-wise, but the animation, plot, and charaters are great. Oh, and don't mistake me, I liked to action scenes. They aren't the best I've seen, but by no streatch are they bad in any way shape or form.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Mar 17, 2003 8:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
because of how a katana is used, it is a slicing weapon and not for stabbing. Actually you can't just use a katana's blade to block anothers sword as the cutting edge was not made to withstand a blow and the blade will shatter, samurai and ninjas had to use the inside edge to block with. So for a sword made not to kill, the reverse style katana is probably one of the most realistic... though the process of putting the edge on a sword is what gives in that curve so a reverse swrod would, if forged traditionaly, would be near impossible anyway.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 1:39 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well I have to say Kenshin kicks ass. This is one of the funniest, best dubbed, action filled shows Toonami has had since Outlaw Star. This is starting to remind me of spring two years ago when Toonami was worth watching the whole way through.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 9:13 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Because you slice them with the wider back side of the blade that doesn't cut. I guess if you sliced from the other way it could, but a person like kenshin who fights using a certain style wouldn't do that.
PostTue Mar 18, 2003 9:22 pm
AnimePrime

Post subject:
It's only showing on the satilite at my Granma's house and she's visiting till april. Normaly I could just record it but It's on during the news so I can't. I've already seen the first season online and subbed though so I don't mind all that much. And you defenetly have to get the OAV subbed. Except for the gore it's really great.
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 9:21 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
tuesday night:

yahiko joins the group as karou, then eventually kenshin, free him from his debt with a yakuza group as only they can...yahiko gets his chance to learn the art of swordsmanship, the kamiya kashin style as taught by karou...

"i wasn't finished speaking yet..." (sorry, one of my favorite moments)

basically this episode follows the same format as the first...karou does her best to mend the situation, but it's ultimately kenshin that saves the day in his kick-ass way...again, swordplay on kenshin's part is minimal, as most of it took place offscreen, though karou shows that she has some moves herself...yahiko and karou's "relationship" ("ugly", "raccoon", etc.) only gets better from here though...
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 10:08 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Here is my feeling on Rurouni Kenshin, first of all, the series has Japanese voices that are truly unique in that they are voices that you do not hear in any other anime series where with other series you hear a lot of the same voices. Next we have the fact that they are pronouncing things wrong in the dub. My girlfriend let me borrow one of the final dvds of the series and I heard the dub and it sounded like the actors didn't even care, I saw episode one and it sounded like they really tried, but it sounded like a Speed Racer dub because they had to say so much.

Since the series was so long it almost feels as if they got sick of it. Also Kenshin is not supposed to have a badass sounding voice, the whole point to Kenshin is he is supposed to sound like a clumsy, geeky idiot, so they screwed up there. I don't want to make anyone angry at all, but please PLEASE PLEASE don't deprive yourself of the subtitled version, Cartoon Network even took the opening theme animation and put it to the wrong song.

Another aspect of the majesty that is this series is that when it gets to a big cliffhanger the opening theme starts to play when the episode is still on. And the openings and endings are still, by many considered the best in all of anime. I will not be watching only because at times the actors do not care and I see my favorite series destroyed. I do honestly hope and pray that you all enjoy it and go out and buy the dvds. The thing is, is that there are points in the series where there are educational, but normally possible inappropriate material for toonami to show, there is one arc where they talk about the Christians who were treated very unfairly in Japan, I do hope Toonami uses the educational excuse so they do not have to edit it. There are also Japanese references that make no sense in the dub and they take out any pure Japanese only cultural references. The fight scenes also get incredible later on, and I hope they do not ruin them. I honestly feel, (and I'm sorry if this sounds hypocritical) that historical based series should not be dubbed. Kenshin may not have existed, but just about everything mentioned (except Shishio) actually happened.

Please, even if you only watch one volume, watch the series and see for yourself, it is a treat for the eyes with the original version, you learn a lot more than in the dub. At least in the sub, they translate everything right, yeah some of the names don't sound right in the dub. Thank you all for your time. Mad If you guys want to see some fun stuff go to these sites

http://pcomics.topcities.com
http://pcomics.topcities.com.eviljim (to see me fight Cartoon Network with Kenshin tee hee)

www.nefw.com (go to Roster and go to "Fighting Mad Jesus" and "Crimson Christian" and see how nuts I am)

http://evilpenguinx.topcities.com (a site by a friend of mine who also helps my alterego look cool)

Last edited by CrimsonChristian on Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 11:23 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
you need paragraphs.

PostWed Mar 19, 2003 1:36 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Gosh, I'm sorry, to be honest, I don't really belong to any message boards and I wasn't thinking. I was just wanting to get my thoughts out and make sure nothing got left out. My bad, I want a debate and I get a suggestion on grammar...lol yeah I'm that bad I guess. Very Happy I could edit it, but I'm lazy` Crying or Very sad
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 1:57 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tsk, tsk.
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 2:43 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Hmm..will no one say anything for or against my comments? I'm so sad.. Crying or Very sad
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 3:28 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
on account of the fact we don't have the attention span for one long paragraph. chop it up into two or three and then we'll talk.

PostWed Mar 19, 2003 3:39 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I thought I said something earlier. Something must have gone wrong.

Your post was long winded, but it was FAR more coherent than most of the newbies we get here. I didn't read all of what you said, because I have a headache right now. (Not from trying to read your writing. I've had a headache for hte better part of htis day.)

I commend you on your first post. Most newbies start off with something like "im new and I LOVE DBX!!!!1111111gundam rok stoo and i like to watch anime cuz anima is da bomb yo fo sho!!!1111" For that alone, trust me,we are grateful to see someone new who is not like that.

I vote you a good newbie. Stick around. (I suggest that you read the first post of the Guide to Newbies thread over in Site Discussion. Not because you've gone against it, but because every newbie should read it.)

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 4:58 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Like you said people could always BUY the dvds like any good anime lovin' patron should.

As far as kenshin on Toonami goes it's far from bad. Yes, of course we miss the opening just so there can be more commercials, but it is the same with every show and we should be used to it. The dub is fine for now, and yes I have heard the original. They at least kept his sentence structure intact and show a distinct change in his tone when he goes from "Clumsy idiot" to "Psyco Killer".
PostWed Mar 19, 2003 6:53 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 4 of 29

Jump to: