нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Anime Binge Summer 2005
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Anime Binge Summer 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject: Anime Binge Summer 2005
In less than three months I embark into the hallowed institution of collegial studies. Symbolizing a great shift in my life and in that of my anime viewing habits. Gone is the meaningless "guilt" of watching subbed anime and with the recent crackdown on sub groups and torrent networks it's time to binge. In other words, watch as much anime as possible in a predetermined length of time or until a bodily function no longer continues to function.

Getting to the point, I say we crusade to consume media like it's going out of style. This project actually began about three weeks ago and I've been posting the status in a livejournal, but here's a summary. The final goal is to complete and absorb as many series as possible before August 25th.

Episodes Seen / Episodes Released or Created

Naruto: 52 Episodes Seen / 137 Episodes Released

One Piece: 31 / 146

Victory Gundam: 29 / 51

Full Metal Alchemist: 14 / 51

Pita Ten: 12 / 26

2x2 Shinobuden: 6 / 12

Bleach: 26 / 34

Onegai Teacher: 12 / 12
**COMPLETE

Grenadier: Hohemi no Senshi 12 / 12
**COMPLETE**

Combustible Campus Guardress: 1 / 4

Compared to the habits of some people (Chibi Zero/Spanky), this may seem like child's play. I'd like to get an accurate representation of how much anime we all watch outside of television.
PostSun Jun 05, 2005 12:59 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
FMA has 51 episodes?! I thought we stopped at 26 with that miserable ending.

And Combustable Guardess. Whats that one about? I just like the title.

Im due to watch a couple more series myself. I just haven't decided on which yet.
PostSun Jun 05, 2005 7:29 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Episodes Seen / Episodes Released or Created

Naruto: 52 Episodes Seen / 137 ----Up to date/Competed.

One Piece: 31 / 146 ---Never Seen

Victory Gundam: 1/ 51 ----Got bored/didn't care

Full Metal Alchemist: 14 / 51 ----Completed

Pita Ten: 12 / 26 ---Never Seen

2x2 Shinobuden: 6 / 12 ---Never Seen

Bleach: 26 / 34 ---Up to date/complete

Onegai Teacher: 12 / 12 ----Never Seen but have the hentai
**COMPLETE

Grenadier: Hohemi no Senshi 12 / 12 ----Never Seen
**COMPLETE**

Combustible Campus Guardress: 1 / 4 ---Never seen

Most of the anime i've wateched this year was at college. Then again, as bad as my network was, bittorrent wasn't compeltely filtered. And depending on your connection zechs, you may have to plan on buying a new harddrive.
PostSun Jun 05, 2005 1:56 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'll be downloading and watching so much stuff that I'd rather not post the list here for fear of being labeled an "otaku", or some other derogatory term for people who are obsessed with Japanese cartoons. I will say that I hate a lot of the shows that most of you like.

And Combustible Campus Guardress, Fodder? It's one of those weird early 90's OVAs. School humor combined with more violence and blood than Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny (you know what i'm talking about- some of it makes a lot of the more "hardcore" series look tame). It's weird. Watch it. It's a nice short series to keep you occupied for a few days/hours, depending on how much you want to consume in one sitting. If you like it, watch another oddly named OVA- "The Enemy's the Pirates!" (6 eps).
PostSun Jun 05, 2005 4:23 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
This year I saw Full Metal Alchemist, got Hellsing but still haven't watched it, and a bunch of Samurai Champloo but prefer the dub on Cartoon Network to my own harddrive. Better image too.

Kept meaning to get Evangelion, One Peice,the end of Yu Yu Hakusho, and Naruto. Wish I had. Before I was able to, we found out that i2hub was being watched by the RIAA and would soon be watched by the MPAA. If you don't know, i2hub is direct connect software that only works on a college campus. SO FAST. SO GOOD. SO NOT LEGAL. Tons of colleges got slammed with suits and lists of IP adresses of students that were sharing music. Our college was literally the only one in the area that didn't get sued, but our president was handed a CD with a list of IP adresses on it. Once we found out people were getting sued, we all stopped downloading anything.

Thus, aside from FMA, I only see what I catch on Cartoon Network. And even though I've seen all of FMA, I watch it on CN everytime it's on and I'm awake.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jun 05, 2005 6:35 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've yet to experiment with the network at my campus. It's a T1 line and only utilized by ~600 full time students. Regardless though, the time it takes to download has been surpassed by the time it takes to watch the media. Concering the hard drive, well yeah I need a new one but I mainly burn anything I want to keep. Usually that only includes OVAs and short series. Once it hits above 26 the sheer amount of disks becomes stupid to handle. If anything the first thing I'd purchase would be a DVD burner. An entire anime series on a single disk is pretty friggin' sweet.
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 12:20 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beefy's "outside of what's being aired on TV" anime queue:

Episodes watched / Episodes created

Rurouni Kenshin
76 / 95 *Currently watching*

Paranoia Agent
4 / 13 *Watching on DVD alongside the [AS] run.*

Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum
26 / 26 *COMPLETE*

X TV
25 / 25 *COMPLETE*

Yu Yu Hakusho
103 / 112 *Need the rest of the DVDs*

Kiddy Grade
0 / 24 *Will watch after Kenshin.*

Last edited by Beefy on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 12:28 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh yeah--well my j-penis is bigger than your j=penis.
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 1:01 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Oh yeah--well my j-penis is bigger than your j=penis.

So you have what... a 3 inch penis then? Lord bono, thats sad.
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 8:35 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs, thought about getting an external hard drive? I got a 250GB external, assembled, formatted, warranteed, with cable and shipping, for under $160.

The interweb has some good deals.

Either that, or you might be able to get an externald DVD burnder for under $50. I thought that's what I saw some selling for.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 1:01 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just get something that can massivly increase your storage capacity. My 120 GB drive filled up in no time. Now I'd like to buy one of those Lightscribe DVD burner drives.

Ok so my new back to school computer parts lists is now turning into this:

-Creative GigaWorks S750 Speakers
-Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
-At least another HDD (160 GB or more)
-DVD Burner w/ lightscribe
-New video card (better than an ATI radeon 9600 SE)
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 1:16 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
KingSpanky wrote:

So you have what... a 3 inch penis then? Lord bono, thats sad.

I have been owned.
PostMon Jun 06, 2005 2:50 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spanky and Bono you have defiled my topic yet again.

UpDEAT!@!1

Finished

2x2 Shinobuen Ep. 12/12

Why this show? Frankly it was the first one on the Anime Suki titles list and it turned out to be an awesome find. Think of it as Excel Saga but for the Ninja genre. This show has the best opening and ending themes I've seen in years. Watch and enjoy.
PostFri Jun 10, 2005 8:51 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Norio Wakamoto is your new gawd!!!!1

GABORAAH! Laughing
PostFri Jun 10, 2005 9:37 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Heh, I figured he was pretty famous considering all the jokes Onsakumaru made about the work and importance of Seiyuu.

Record of Lodoss War (OAV) as Woodchuck

Giant Robo (OAV) as Taisou

Dragon Ball Z (TV) as Cell

Cowboy Bebop (TV) as Vicious

Azumanga Daioh (TV) as Chiyochichi

Tenchi Universe (TV) as Kagato

But dude this guy is AWESOME!
PostMon Jun 13, 2005 7:37 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: