нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What is Kikaider
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What is Kikaider
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kikiader is one of Ozamu Tezuka's early works. This new version, which is being drawn by a close student of Tezuka keeps most of his designs. Thus why it looks old.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 1:05 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
There's probably a good reason that this is on Adult Swim. I just hope we can find it.

A slow start, but all anime's of this sort start out slow.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 1:26 pm
XenoSabre

Post subject:
I hope it has a good story...cuz the character designs are crappy.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 3:35 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
XenoSabre wrote:

You whipper schnappers these days don't know how good you got it! Why, back in my day, we didn't have all this computer-genimerated, fancy-schmancy drawings. We had pens and paper and ink and hot lamps and tired artists working in stuffy warehouses going on nothing but 2 hours of sleep a day and all the coffe their bladders could hold. AND WE LIKED IT!!!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 10:14 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
XenoSabre wrote:

You whipper schnappers these days don't know how good you got it! Why, back in my day, we didn't have all this computer-genimerated, fancy-schmancy drawings. We had pens and paper and ink and hot lamps and tired artists working in stuffy warehouses going on nothing but 2 hours of sleep a day and all the coffe their bladders could hold. AND WE LIKED IT!!!

HERE HERE!! You're damned skippy we did! *goes back to his hot lamp and coffee*

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 11:17 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Watched the first episode and missed last nights. But I agree why force Justice League on us as part of Toonami and put this on AS? I think I will watch it in hopes that things improve. But speedracer meets CG is kind of odd.
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 9:49 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Kaikider should be on Toonami. I see no badness except awkward drawn people a few times. They ain't fighting humans. They fighting robots!
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 10:20 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey Fodder, don't knock the Justice League. Not only will that get Spookmonkey angry (Down Boy!) but for some of us like it, and it is pretty good animation. I Like the Timm style.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 11, 2003 7:28 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Hey Fodder, don't knock the Justice League. Not only will that get Spookmonkey angry (Down Boy!) but for some of us like it, and it is pretty good animation. I Like the Timm style.

hehe, I was too tired to respond to it last night so here goes.

Fodder wrote:
Watched the first episode and missed last nights. But I agree why force Justice League on us as part of Toonami and put this on AS? I think I will watch it in hopes that things improve. But speedracer meets CG is kind of odd.

Eh, still to tired. But seriously, what's wrong with justice league? Sure we've seen the episodes 60 times before and it didn't have the strongest writing in the beginning but over the course of the first season the quality of animation and writing has improved vastly. Watch the season finale (the 3 part vandal savage eps) and you'll see that JL is just as good as Batman, Superman, BB was. And if all three of those could find a comfortable home on Toonami I sure as shit don't see why JL couldn't.

Speaking of JL I am so lookin forward to the premiere of the new season with the superman/darkseid marathon before it, those always were the best supes episodes.

PostWed Jun 11, 2003 9:20 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nothing wrong with Justice League. My wife and I couldnt wait for the series to start when it did. Since both of us are the right age to remember the superfriends.

But alright lets go over it like this. First its not anime its america animation. So why put it in the Toonami block? We're already down to 2 hours losing another 30 minutes hurts. Also 60 episodes?! I've only seen maybe 10 in constant repeats. If I took the time I probaly could list the plot lines for the ones they leave in rotation.

Now whats right with the show. Each character really plays up to their flaws. Supe's goes into a fight head first. Wonder Woman plays the feminist role to the end.

I think Green Lantern is the most flushed out character of the series. You understand his motivations. You feel for why he does the superhero thing. You even sympathize with him on different levels. He's definatly worthy of carrying his own show. I think Hawk Girl's coming along as well as being a full character. Though her back story, that I have seen at least, hasnt been touched.

On the flip side I think the way they use Batman is awful. Hes there as the tech geek guy. And has only had a couple memorable lines. Hes there for convience and plot lines sake. During the pilot one of the best uses for him and best lines about him. Was used when Martian Manhunter said

"You don't want to know what he said"

When Bat's was ah... interogating someone. Otherwise hes completly wasted. And it drives me nuts that the shows style and story lines came more from the Superman animation. Then from Batman the Animated Series. Though Dini's working on Teen Titans so theres a hope.

The animation is cheap beyond belief. Its not worthy of Kikiraider even. They dont have the main characters drawn without their masks. And you get scenes with them in the hospital beds with their masks on. Again the pilot having the better answer to this when a nurse tried to life Batmans mask and he said something like
"Please dont do that"

They reuse the same scenes over and over again. Plus the attack/fight scense have been very cheaply done. Some episodes have gotten better. The alternate universe with the Justice Guild did seem to do it right. In my book that was probaly the best episode for Hawkgirl and Green Lantern.

I have to go to work and this is getting long. I do have to admit. I like how they did Flash. He really feels right.

Oh and Wonder Woman shouldnt fly. She didnt fly until the later comics, if I remember right, and its there as a convient plot device for her to replace Superman when hes not there.

Im a fan of the show. I just wanted more.
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 6:26 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Nothing wrong with Justice League. My wife and I couldnt wait for the series to start when it did. Since both of us are the right age to remember the superfriends.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with Justice League. And as someone who watched "Superfriends" when it premiered, I can honestly say I don't know why I thought it was so good back then. I can't stand to watch it now. Razz

Quote:
But alright lets go over it like this. First its not anime its america animation. So why put it in the Toonami block? Im a fan of the show. I just wanted more.

A common misconception. Toonami is not an anime block. It's for action cartoons, whether from Japan, America or even Canada. Justice League is not taking any time away from anybody. It deserves to be there.
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 6:55 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Superfriends is really really bad. I dont know how I liked it the first time. Same goes for a lot of the older cartoons I used to watch. Although one that, thanks to CN, im rewatching is really catching me by suprise. GI Joe had some really heavy plot lines and was aimed clear at the fathers more then the kids. Weird that I am seeing that now.

As for Toonami. The name means Toon Anime doesnt it? And if its for action shows explain Hamtaro to me please. Some of the other shows they have run have been questionable to. Powerpuff borderline fit in my mind as both an action show and as an american take on anime.

I dont have the press releases from williams street like you guys. But it always shows Toonami as being the place for americans to get introduced to anime.

Was it justice league that had a statue of Zan and Jace, you know the twins, get knocked over?
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 7:16 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:

But alright lets go over it like this. First its not anime its america animation. So why put it in the Toonami block? We're already down to 2 hours losing another 30 minutes hurts.

Glad to here you enjoy JL; now for the shocker... Toonami is NOT an anime block. It is an action block plain and simple; the fact that it is predominantly anime means nothing. As I said before Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond all fit nicely into the programming. Justice League is no different.

Quote:
On the flip side I think the way they use Batman is awful. Hes there as the tech geek guy. And has only had a couple memorable lines. Hes there for convience and plot lines sake.

Batman was never a part of teh Justice League, never a heavy member, or even a member. He was and is and always will be a welcomed outsider. I agree that they under use Batman but because of the scale fo the villains the JL have to fight Batman would quite easily get overwhelmed psychically and so if he's there he is all about the gadgets and knowledgery-- they are his superpower.

Quote:
Though Dini's working on Teen Titans so theres a hope.

Dini wrote several stories/episodes for next season. I don't remember but I think maybe the premiere is one of his too; not really sure though.

Quote:
The animation is cheap beyond belief. Its not worthy of Kikiraider even. They dont have the main characters drawn without their masks.

The animation started off admittidly fairly bad, but so did batman and superman in comparison to how they looked after a couple seasons. The quality of animation in the last half of the season drasticly improved with each story. This is not to say that it still doesn't have a long way to go but it's getting there; I have great faith in the future of the show. I hope that it will make a more perminant home on Toonami eventually. (though a superhero action block of its own would be sweet, x-men, batman, superman, BB, JL, TT)

If you've payed attention most of the League doesn't have a secret identity; they've given them up. Only GL has one outside of Batman and considering we've seen Batman out fo the mask so often and have a deep understanding of his background and beliefs that we don't need to see it.

Quote:
And you get scenes with them in the hospital beds with their masks on. Again the pilot having the better answer to this when a nurse tried to life Batmans mask and he said something like
"Please dont do that"

Don't forget it's also (when up int he satalite) personal respect for each otehr that the masks stay on when they are sick/comatose/ect. It would only be int he most extreme situations that they would remove a members mask.

Quote:
Im a fan of the show. I just wanted more.

Wait and ye shall recieve... on July 5th at 8pm.

PostThu Jun 12, 2003 1:55 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Superfriends is really really bad. I dont know how I liked it the first time. Same goes for a lot of the older cartoons I used to watch. Although one that, thanks to CN, im rewatching is really catching me by suprise. GI Joe had some really heavy plot lines and was aimed clear at the fathers more then the kids. Weird that I am seeing that now.

As for Toonami. The name means Toon Anime doesnt it? And if its for action shows explain Hamtaro to me please. Some of the other shows they have run have been questionable to. Powerpuff borderline fit in my mind as both an action show and as an american take on anime.

I dont have the press releases from williams street like you guys. But it always shows Toonami as being the place for americans to get introduced to anime.

Toonami is a play on the word Tsunami. Yeah Superfriends was really bad, and Hamtaro was forced by the evil K. Powerpuff girls fits in quite well actually; it's got heavy action... it's looked down upon because of it's popularity, excessive ammounts of humor (not a bad thing), and the fact that it stars three cutesy little girls.

By the way, toonami in Japan shows american animation. Explain that one with Toon Anime. Oh I found the shows it airs, It's X-Men Evolution, Batman Beyond, War Planets, Reboot, Batman, Superman, and whatever the hell this is. That's two animes umungst a solid block of American. MY LORD!!! they're wasting the precious space that can't afford to lose with all those american shows! They need more anime, stat!

[quoteWas it justice league that had a statue of Zan and Jace, you know the twins, get knocked over?[/quote]

It shorely was. They like to poke at the Superfriends on JL.

PostThu Jun 12, 2003 2:08 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
That actually looks like wings of the Honnesmen.

Hope this answers it.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostThu Jun 12, 2003 2:13 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: