нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Music Thread - Feed the beast
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Music Thread - Feed the beast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
The AniMatrix DVD and soundtrack will each be released on June 3rd. No details on the tracks of the AniMatrix album yet. However...

The Matrix Reloaded: The Album [Enhanced CD]
May 6th release in the USA
May 5th release everywhere else

Disc 1:
01) Linkin Park - Session (2:23)
02) Marilyn Manson - This is the New Shit (4:20)
03) Rob Zombie - Reload (4:25)
04) Rob D - Furious Angels (instrumental) (5:29)
05) Deftones - Lucky You (4:08)
06) Team Sleep - Passportal (2:55)
07) P.O.D. - Sleeping Awake (3:23)
08) UnLoco - Bruises (2:36)
09) Rage Against the Machine - Calm Like a Bomb (4:26)
10) Oakenfold - Dread Rock (4:40)
11) Fluke - Zion (4:29)
12) Dave Mathews - When the World Ends (Oakenfold remix) (5:26)

Disc 2:
01) Don Davis - Main Title (1:30)
02) Don Davis - Trinity Dream (1:56)
03) Juno Reactor - Tea House (1:04)
04) Rob D - Chateau (3:26)
05) Juno Reactor - Mona Lisa Overdrive (10:17)
06) Don Davis vs. Juno Reactor - Burly Brawl (5:52)
07) Don Davis - Reloaded Suite (17:34)

You can listen to P.O.D. - Sleeping Awake v2 in QuickTime streaming audio on www.thematrix.com
PostWed Apr 23, 2003 6:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Draxyl5

Post subject:
personally i'm a rock fan. any kind of rock : rock-n-roll, garage rock, hard rock, metal, etc

i've been really into the garage rock scene that has grown since last year.

i just got the new white stripes cd ELEPHANT, this ablum is really good.
other cds i would suggest giving a listen to are
THE MOONEY SUZUKI : PEOPLE GET READY
THE DATSUNS : THE DATSUNS
THE STROKES : THIS IS IT
THE HIVES : VENI, VIDI, VICIOUS

alltheseare exceltent albums. and being the "newbie" on the site i would really like to know what everybody elses musical tastes are.
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 11:57 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Draxyl5 wrote:
alltheseare exceltent albums. and being the "newbie" on the site i would really like to know what everybody elses musical tastes are.

Here's a few links to our musical history:
http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67

http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101

http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=201

http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=351

And finally, The playlist thread(long!):http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=192

Don't be embarrassed to dig through the board, just don't bring things back up by posting in them. (*hint for long and happy board membership)
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 8:54 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobu, I've decided that you are like one of those pigs that they use to dig for truffles because you dig for threads and you ALWAYS find stuff. Even though there is that handy 'search' feature, it never fails to impress me . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 9:15 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Bold Experiment or Boneheaded Mistake? You make the call.

Quote:
Inside the iTunes Music Store
Apple's new digital music service is as simple and straightforward as anything CEO Steve Jobs has ever produced. Here's how it works.
FORTUNE
Monday, April 28, 2003
By Devin Leonard

The buzz in the music trade is that Apple CEO Steve Jobs has just created what is easily the most promising legal digital music service on the market.

The iTunes Music Store is a new digital service for Mac users offering songs from all five major music companies--Universal, Warner, EMI, Sony, and BMG. Apple users get to the store by clicking a button on the iTunes 4 jukebox, available for download starting April 28. (Jobs plans to roll out a Windows version of iTunes by the end of the year.) You can listen to a 30-second preview of any song and then, with one click, buy a high-quality audio copy for 99 cents. There's no monthly subscription fee, and consumers have virtually unfettered ownership of the music they download.

Apple is trying to make users' transition from physical CDs to downloadable music as easy as possible. With the iTunes Music Store, you can browse titles by artist, song title, or genre. Songs will be encoded in a new format called AAC, which offers sound quality superior to MP3s--even those "ripped" at a very high data rate. That means each AAC file takes up a lot less disc space, so you'll be able to squeeze better-quality music, and more of it, onto your computer and iPod. Moreover, each song will have a digital image of the album artwork from the CD on which the track was originally sold.

Apple has also come up with a copy-protection scheme that satisfies the music industry but won't alienate paying customers. You can burn individual songs onto an unlimited number of CDs. You can download them onto as many iPods as you might own. In other words, the music is pretty much yours to do with as you please. Casual music pirates, however, won't like it. The iTunes jukebox software will allow a specific playlist of songs or an album to be burned onto a CD ten times. You can burn more than that only if you manually change the order of the songs in the playlist.

And anybody who tries to upload iTunes Music Store songs onto KaZaA will be shocked. Each song is encrypted with a digital key so that it can be played only on three authorized computers, and that prevents songs from being transferred online. Even if you burn the AAC songs onto a CD that a conventional CD player can read and then re-rip them back into standard MP3 files, the sound quality is awful.

The iTunes Music Store will initially offer 200,000 tunes, paying the record companies an average of 65 cents for each track it sells. Ultimately Jobs hopes to offer millions of songs, including older music that hasn't yet made it to CD. "This industry has been in such a funk," sighs singer Sheryl Crow. "It really needs something like this to get it going again."

PostMon Apr 28, 2003 7:25 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Apologies for the double post, but I thought this was a good follow-up.
From MacCentral:
Quote:
iTunes Music Service sells 275K tracks in 18 hrs?
By Dennis Sellers dsellers@maccentral.com
May 01, 2003 10:15 am
Macworld UK recounts a Billboard report that Apple's new iTunes Music Service sold about 275,000 tracks in its first 18 hours of operation. (A subscription to Billboard is required to view the full article.)

Billboard cites sources at major labels for the claim, and also said that two of the major labels have already signed deals with Apple for Windows versions of the service once available.

During his presentation at the Apple Music Event on Monday, Apple CEO Steve Jobs told attendees that the company would endeavor to have a Windows version ready by the end of the year. Since then, Apple has advertised job postings for a software engineer to work on a Windows version of iTunes.

Also, Steve Jobs is quoted in another article that they will begin working on incorporating independent labels into the Music Store.

: on a personal note, I like the way the store works, and the concept behind it. The artists are receiving some compensation, and it was fast and easy to use when I plugged my PowerBook into my workplace network.: Very Happy
PostFri May 02, 2003 2:28 am
funkymunky

Post subject:
i'm a rock boy too Smile

just bought the white stripes new album, the lifehouse album - no name face, and the new cave in album - antena
PostSat May 03, 2003 11:34 am
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
I'm going to this year's Reading Festival in August. I get to see Metallica, I absolutely CANNOT wait. Seriously. I'm also excited to see The White Stripes, The Datsuns, Placebo, Blink 192, System Of A Down, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Hundred Reasons on the bill as well.

Def Leppard are originally from Sheffield, England. Where I'm at university. They did a show at the arena here in Shaffield, and I missed it. I was gutted.

As for recent CD purchases. I bought the Evanescence album last week, as a treat for myself because I got my summer job sorted (working in a bar, if you're interested). Both HMV and Virgin Megastores over here are having clearouts. I should really not be allowed in a record store unsupervised, I can't resist buying albums. I bought the first Skid Row album for £4.99, and the album "The Real Thing" by Faith No More. Next, I want to get "Overgrown Eden" by InMe and St. Anger in June, obviously.
PostSun May 04, 2003 4:42 pm
funkymunky

Post subject:
i liked the evenessence single, but im not a huge nu metal fan, whast the album like?
PostMon May 05, 2003 4:18 am
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
It's actually not bad. I'm not really a nu-metal fan either. I prefer my prefix to be 80s-, Glam-, Heavy-, or Thrash-, personally. But the single is all over Kerrang TV at the moment, and IMO it's by far the best on the album, but there are quite a few others I like too.

Anyone know of a site where I can find out when the metallica MTV:icon is going to be aired in the UK?
PostMon May 05, 2003 6:05 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Proving that no one does Metallica better than Metallica, acts such as Sum 41, Limp Bizkit, Korn and Avril Lavigne gamely covered songs by the hard rock group at MTV's annual tribute concert on Saturday while fans impatiently awaited a set by the honorees themselves.

Playing in public for the first time with new bassist Rob Trujillo, Metallica ran through a fast and furious medley of songs, including "Creeping Death" and "Sanitarium," before unveiling the speed-metal song "Frantic" from their upcoming album, "St. Anger."

Still a little rusty from a long layoff, Metallica performed "Frantic" twice after deciding that the first version was not to their liking. The medley also got off to a false start.

The performance capped a taping that lasted almost three hours in a soundstage at Universal Studios. MTV will air its third annual "mtvICON" event on Tuesday at 9:00-10:30 p.m. ET/PT. Fans in the audience included Kelly Osbourne, "American Idol" singer Ryan Starr, model Rachel Hunter and record producer Rick Rubin.

The tribute kicked off with a Sum 41 medley that included "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and "Enter Sandman." The four members of Metallica then appeared on stage and walked through the excited crowd to their front-row seats on the bleachers at the end of the cavernous venue.

The band's two-decade career was documented between performances on two giant video screens. The film wasted no time probing Metallica's troubled past, beginning with an examination of bassist Jason Newsted's exit and singer James Hetfield's rehab stint. On the other hand, the respective departure and death of original members Dave Mustaine and Cliff Burton were barely acknowledged.

Aaron Lewis and Mike Mushok of Staind performed a brief version of "Nothing Else Matters" on acoustic guitar, later returning to repeat the song for technical reasons.

Lavigne, barely moving from her mike stand, sang "Fuel" with her considerably more energetic band. Drummer Lars Ulrich visibly enjoyed the version; Trujillo and guitarist Kirk Hammett seemed less enthused.

Rapper Snoop Dogg thrilled fans with a karaoke version of "Sad But True," while Korn earned a standing ovation from Metallica with their severely truncated take on "One."

Limp Bizkit, one-time targets of hatred from Ulrich who previously described the band as the Motley Crue of the '90s, played a rap metal version of "Sanitarium."

Presenters included Rob Zombie, Lisa Marie Presley, Travis Barker from Blink 182, actress Shannon Elizabeth, comedian Jim Breuer and Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. Michelle Branch introduced four U.S. Marines just back from the Iraqi war, who got a loud cheers. On the other hand, anti-war activist Sean Penn received scattered boos when he introduced Metallica.

Joe Perry and Steven Tyler, leaders of last year's honorees Aerosmith, were scheduled to appear but did not turn up. Other no-shows included guitarist Slash and actress Lara Flynn Boyle.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon May 05, 2003 12:27 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rapper Russell Jones, otherwise known as Ol' Dirty Bastard, has changed his name yet again to Dirt McGirt, and signed a new deal with Roc-A-Fella Records. McGirt offered no comment on any future reunion with former Wu-Tang Clan associates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it had merely been the story of several castaways bickering on a deserted island, "Gilligan's Island" might have been just another failed CBS comedy. Instead, driven by one of the catchiest theme songs in television history, the show went on to become a massive syndicated success, still airing around the world. That theme song, titled "The Ballad of Gilligan's Island" has been parodied, repurposed and adored since it was written in 1964. On Friday (May 2), the composer of that classic jingle, George Wyle, died at the age of 87.

While the lyrics about sitting right back and hearing a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, were written by the show's creator and producer Sherwood Schwartz, the jaunty sea shanty melody was just one of Wyle's more than 400 songs. Most probably took longer to create than the famous ballad that Wyle and Schwartz used to say was written in a single sitting.

On television, Wyle also served as musical director for Jerry Lewis, Andy Williams and Flip Wilson. He conducted the 1976 "Captain and Tennille Special" and was nominated for an Emmy for his work on the 1980 special "Magic of David Copperfield III: The Levitating Ferrari."

Outside of the "Gilligan" theme, Wyle's most enduring composition is probably the Christmas classic "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year." He also wrote songs including "The Alphabet Song," "Sidewalks of New York" and "Andy's Bossa Nova."

"America doesn't want great music themes," Wyle once declared. "Just something it can remember."

PostMon May 05, 2003 12:31 pm
GoufCustom

Post subject:
I recently just bought Opeth's Damnation and I simply love it! It's fockin' great! Haunting, dark, beautiful, and... the playing... killer player from all the guys. It truly shows off their talents. Tomorrow I plan to get Lamb of God's As The Palaces Burn, I've already heard two songs, and they sound killer, I know the album will definitely kick ass, and I can't wait to get it. If New American Gospel showed what LoG can do, As The Palaces Burn will blow everybody away! Very Happy

BTW, can't wait to see Korn's cover of One on Metallica mtvICON! As well as Metallica's new song. Surprised

Dream Theater simply kicks ass, I love them. John Petrucci is my guitar hero. As for Queensryche, I have Operation: Mindcrime, it kicks ass. IMO, Geoff Tate rivals Bruce Dickinson and Ronnie James Dio in sheer vocal power. Albeit, Bruce is still my favorite. Very Happy Fodder, did you know that DT, Queensryche, and Fates Warning will be on tour?
PostMon May 05, 2003 7:34 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
'Weird Al' Yankovic spoofs a whole new crop of pop stars on his latest album, POODLE HAT, due May 20 from Way Moby/Volcano Records. On the 12-track set, you'll hear the album's lead track, 'Couch Potato,' a commentary on America's obsession with media and celebrity, set to Eminem's 'Lose Yourself.' While Eminem did approve the track, he asked that Al not make a video for the song. Also on POODLE HAT, Avril Lavigne's 'Complicated' becomes 'A Complicated Song,' while Nelly's 'Hot in Herre' is morphed into 'Trash Day.' Yankovic also turns Billy Joel's 'Piano Man' into a 'Spiderman' parody as 'Ode to a Superhero,' and the Backstreet Boys' 'I Want It That Way' into the send-up 'eBay.'

PostThu May 08, 2003 12:21 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Riiight. He waits three years and comes out with the worst parodies ever...
PostThu May 08, 2003 3:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: