нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The End of Toonami Infolink is Near
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The End of Toonami Infolink is Near
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject: The End of Toonami Infolink is Near
Hello, Infolink. I have something to show you behind the shed.

TDA will be moving to a new server later this summer, and the hacks that need to be done to keep this ancient mess of PHPNuke/PHPBB working just don't seem to be worth it anymore, not to mention the security risks this site exposes us to.

Just half an hour ago, I've merged all of Infolink's news stories into TDA, so those will live forever.

I'm going to look into turning the Infolink Reviews section into a TDA Feature.

...as for the forums? Well, I don't have any plans. If you haven't paid attention lately, this isn't a very frequented forum anymore. And hasn't been for the better part of a decade. It won't be missed. But on the other hand, it WILL be missed.

Let's figure out how to cope and/or preserve together.
PostSat Jul 04, 2015 8:23 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's been expected on my end. I'm glad that TDA will continue.

Quote:
It won't be missed. But on the other hand, it WILL be missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGslvYmEYyA Wink
PostSun Jul 05, 2015 6:17 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well. Dang.

...I guess it was inevitable.
PostThu Jul 09, 2015 4:31 am
vince220

Post subject:
I left this comment on one of the posts, but I figured I'd leave it here as well.

I've been lurking on Toonami Infolink since 2005, but I'm just now making an account. I'd come in every few months when I ran out of places to web surf and read all the posts I missed. I don't even know why since I haven't watched anime since 2006 - maybe it's just nostalgia. Anyways, just wanted to say that I'll miss this site and the old poll that I've probably voted at least a hundred times on. Thank you for keeping it alive for so long!
PostThu Jul 09, 2015 9:13 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
End of an era, sadly. I remember when this used to be the TDA Forums and my favorite hangout in highschool. Regrettably, age and responsibilities have a way of catching up with ya and I never found the time to come back, aside from periodic check ups. I'll always miss this place but will forever hold on to the memories of it.
PostFri Jul 10, 2015 11:01 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
As I told AdmiralGreer when I found out, "OMG THE FEELS! Sad"

Forums existed long before TDA and will be around long after, but this was OUR forum. The first one I ever joined and the only one I still check. It was like clubhouse you could come home to after school/work and there was always someone there.

When TDA began, the Internet was much smaller and slower. The global anime fandom was just starting to take off and we were part of a huge movement of people trying to fill the Internet with AMVS, Fanfiction, reviews, news, video clips, radio shows, gifs, and anything anime we could find. Everything was new and interesting.

As the anime fandom became more mainstream, our little club started to dissipate. There were easier ways to get your anime fix and fewer things to debate and speculate about. Still, in those few years, many of us formed bonds that have lasted a decade or more. We still remember the excitement and the anticipation when CN would announce a new show. We remember staying up late that one night to catch a show called "Cowboy Bebop" and how we were so blown away we HAD to get on the Internet and talk to some about what you just saw.

Back when you were the only kid in your neighborhood who even knew what anime was, you could depend on the people on TDA to know exactly what you were talking about. That was huge. That's what got me through high school.

Preserving that feeling is all that truly matters, and that's up to the individuals who experienced it. If the site goes away, so be it. While I like the idea of being able to go back, it's predicated on a plan that I will someday go through and re-read all the old posts. That's not likely to happen so there's not much sense in keeping things going.

What was most important to me was what we did outside of the forums. Dougisfunny and I created a website together that started my interest in IT. A bunch of us formed gaming clans and spend a good few years blowing stuff up in TFC and CounterStrike. We started jobs, got married, and had kids (oh yeah, I'm a daddy now too!). If we can, we should keep in touch somehow through games or chat even long after TDA is gone.
PostMon Jul 20, 2015 10:46 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yep. All the feels.

I've heard of a few early-to-mid-2000s message boards that died and later created groups on social media networks to keep in touch and act as something of a memorial to their departed forum. If anyone's interested... Nothing's impossible.
PostMon Jul 20, 2015 11:26 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Since my last post of substance in this forum (Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:33 pm) I've done work on over 20 hollywood films doing visual effects and compositing (including Marvels Ant-Man, now in theaters). I even gotten myself into the credits for a few (not Ant-Man). When I made the decision to put that industry behind me it didn't hit me as hard as hearing this place was going away.

I'm so happy for the times we've shared here, the community we shared was always a blast. I joined Nov 07, 2002 on TI's launch date along with 70 other people. I honestly can't put into words how much this place felt like a digital home.
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 4:02 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
Since my last post of substance in this forum (Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:33 pm) I've done work on over 20 hollywood films doing visual effects and compositing (including Marvels Ant-Man, now in theaters). I even gotten myself into the credits for a few (not Ant-Man).

They excluded your name from credits? Unless you specifically requested it, is that even legal? Confused
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 9:05 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Andromaton wrote:
Since my last post of substance in this forum (Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:33 pm) I've done work on over 20 hollywood films doing visual effects and compositing (including Marvels Ant-Man, now in theaters). I even gotten myself into the credits for a few (not Ant-Man).

They excluded your name from credits? Unless you specifically requested it, is that even legal? Confused

Maybe he's in there as Alan Smithee?
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 10:24 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Because I worked for a visual effects company, the number of credits is part of the contract negotiations the visual effects company I worked for had with the studios each and every time.

Sometimes they would get 300 named credits into a film, sometimes they would get 7. We were not guilded/union workers so unlike actors and pretty much everyone who was actually on set we get left out quite a lot (not just our company but a lot of vfx companies can have this issue).
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 11:02 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
I completely agree that this really felt like a family. There was always a new post to look forward to, new insider info from those who had contacts, and friends I actually looked forward to playing TFC with. Some of my fondest memories are of Zechs, Greer, Dread, Doug, and I, playing Badlands on TFC and just rolling servers. Do you think it would be possible to archive this site? Maybe throw the whole folder into a large .rar file? I think I'd like to keep a copy of my history.
PostWed Jul 22, 2015 10:37 pm
goku262002

Post subject:
Dang it, I can understand the main site but do we really have to remove the forums from existence too?! I would really love it if we could just close this place and just make it an archival historical forum, I really don't feel that purging almost 13 years of history is the right thing to do. Confused

Where are all of you going to migrate to? I would like to follow as well.
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 10:13 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
A year or two ago, I tried doing some fancy-ass wget work on the forums in an effort to preserve them (the thought to get rid of Infolink wasn't a recent one), but wasn't successful. It would require converting all links to be query less.

If any of you are smart enough to figure out how to make an offline archive of the Infolink forums, that would be wonderful.

Continuing to host the site in some sort of scaled-back VM would work too, as long as it doesn't interfere (either security or performance) with the rest of the server.
PostFri Jul 24, 2015 1:21 pm
CNF1

Post subject:
Hi there,
New member to the forum, but have been lurking here ever since Toonami returned in 2012 (some of you might also know me as Looney Tunes Fan on ToonZone). I'm sad to see this place go, as I mainly checked out this place to look back at the old Toonami schedules that were preserved here as well as other threads.

I mainly registered to offer up a way to archive the forum. While I'm not smart enough to migrate this forum in an online state, I can offer a way to keep the forum around for personal use (as well as possibly keep it up online in a different manner).

I've been using Chrome's "Save Page As" feature to archive a few threads that I had interest in keeping (mainly schedules and new show acquisition ones). However, this method can be applied to practically anything. It also saves the forum in a better state than Internet Archive does, as the .HTML files show the forum in practically the same state as it is online, with no broken files whatsoever. Since the files are .HTML based as well, they may be able to be used to put the website back up in an archival state, with a few minor coding fixes.

While I'm not up to the task of archiving the entire forum through this method, I'd be willing to help if a few of you are up to the challenge of archiving certain sections of the forum and then pooling them together through a file-sharing host or something like that. Of course, that's all up to the staff of the site.

Overall, I just wanted to help the few of you loyal members here possible keep your rich history intact in some form, and I thank all of the members and staff here for keeping this place around for 13 years, even if I wasn't able to experience a fraction of those years.

(P.S. Long Live Toonami! Razz)
PostFri Jul 24, 2015 5:41 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: