нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Nick's takin the big blackie
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Nick's takin the big blackie
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject: Nick's takin the big blackie
..Nickelodeon is being stupid again by having a blackout on Oct. 2. It will start 12pm ending at 3, seeing for kids to go out and play. But only two good things can happen from this: 1) You're not watching Nickelodeon and 2) Majority of the kids will be watching Cartoon Network or another channel. Oooooh! Nick is smart again by helping kids go outside to play. *sarcasm*

They're really not helping kids to play by shutting off their channel for a few hours. They're actually helping the other channels. Nickelodeon has become really, really stupid now.
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 9:09 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Dumbasses. If they really wanted kids to go out and play, then they should just shut their fucking channel off forever. Then we wouldn't have to comment on their stupidity.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 9:13 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
where the hell did they come up with that horrible idea for them?
As if most elementary or middle school kids are even home between 12-3pm.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 11:58 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
where the hell did they come up with that horrible idea for them?
As if most elementary or middle school kids are even home between 12-3pm.

peace

actually they are... given 0ctober 2nd is a saturday
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 12:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
hey, the blackoutg thing isn't a bad idea, it's just not the best corperate business idea. Kids do need to be encouraged to go outside and play. Especially in the day where TV does a "better" job parenting than the parents.
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 2:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
hey, the blackoutg thing isn't a bad idea, it's just not the best corperate business idea.

Agreed. When it comes to Nickelodeon, watching a blackout is better than watching 3 hours of their mediocre Nicktoons any day of the week.

I'm gonna watch this and see how they'll respond to the ratings, if they turn out big. Twisted Evil Anyone else joining me on this stunt?

Last edited by Daikun on Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 3:57 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I hope other networks join in. I think it'd be really cool to have an ational TV blackout day where you don't have a CHOICE, and the only channels that stay on are hte true bastards and instead of getting good ratings, get BOYCOTTED for a year until they have a chance to prove themselves good.

I'm all for this idea of Nick's.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 6:14 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
What point would this blackout serve... I mean if people don't want to leave their homes they won't just because their favorite TV station isn't airing anything. Hell most families own DVD's and Video games. So even in the unlikely event every station did this Blackout thing people would just watch DVD's or play video games. Take last summer for example, during that big blackout I never left my home. Just played my Game Boy and listened to CD's the whole time.

Also Daikun that does sound like an interesting idea
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 6:32 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
This is completely unnecessary. After all, the crap Nickelodean shows is MORE than enough reason to stop watching television.
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 6:51 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Blackout > Current Nick lineup
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 6:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
The world view I have: If you are not helping, then you are hurting. Period. There is no middle ground.

Nickelodeon is making an effort. Will it work? It will probably only make about 1% of it's viewers go outside. But that's 1% spending 1 more hour not in the house. That's, what, a few thousand kids? That's a few thousand play-hours thta aren't spent indoors. I say good times.

Just, for a moment, try not to be negative, and try not to look at Nick as the good-show-murdering-bastard that we already know that it is. And try, really, to imagine if what I said in my previous post did happen, if all the networks worked out a day that they all did this.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 9:38 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, but if you weren't gonna go outside in the first place, that ain't gonna do much. I honestly think they're doing it as a publicity stunt. Make it seem like they care to get rid of their negative corporate/brain rotting/obesity inducing/etc. image and make it seem like they care.

I don't know why I thought of this, but this whole thing reminds me of an episode of Rocko's Modern Life where one character was working on a TV show, and the film got overexposed and went blank, but they put it on anyway, and it was a smash hit that made the show's ratings skyrocket. Just a thought.
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 9:56 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Andromaton wrote:
hey, the blackoutg thing isn't a bad idea, it's just not the best corperate business idea.

Agreed. When it comes to Nickelodeon, watching a blackout is better than watching 3 hours of their mediocre Nicktoons any day of the week.

I'm gonna watch this and see how they'll respond to the ratings, if they turn out big. Twisted Evil Anyone else joining me on this stunt?

the problem with their lineup is that they just don't have enough programming (without resorting to old shows) to fill their time slots up. I trully do enjoy MY Life as a Teenage Robot, Fairly Odd PArents, Danny Phantom, and umm... right, Spongebob. The problem comes from the fact they only have like 2 others shows than that.

BTW. Avatar: The last Airbender kicks MAJOR ass. They showed the pilot for the series at the con and man was it good. It was animated by the creaters, a hand full of other american and Tinhouse. You know, Tinhouse the people behind Wonderful Days.
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 10:56 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: Off topic...
Am I the only person that can't get "It's Rainin' Men" out of their head whenever they look at the topic of this thread?
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 12:47 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
Avatar: The last Airbender kicks MAJOR ass. They showed the pilot for the series at the con and man was it good. It was animated by the creaters, a hand full of other american and Tinhouse. You know, Tinhouse the people behind Wonderful Days.

Dammit, I don't get Nickelodeon, either... Crying or Very sad
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 1:32 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: