нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
White Stripes drummer Meg White has met childhood heroes Drew Barrymore and The Rolling Stones - but won't be fulfilled until she's starred on The Simpsons.

The enigmatic drummer lists her celebrity meetings as the highlight of her career so far - but is aiming for a guest slot on the massively popular American cartoon TV series to secure her superstar status.

She explains, "I met Drew Barrymore in New York and she said she liked the band. That was really cool. I grew up on her.

"When we supported The Stones we chatted to all of them. Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts watched us from by the stage, and shook our hands when we came off. Charlie said he enjoyed it. That felt good. You can't ask for more than that as a drummer."

"But a guest appearance on The Simpsons would be amazing. I wouldn't want to be in a Lisa episode. They're kind of boring. Maybe a Homer one would be better."

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSun Mar 16, 2003 6:23 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Anime heroine AEON FLUX may flex her muscles in a live-action feature from Paramount Films, MTV Films and Valhalla Motion Pictures, it was reported by the HOLLYWOOD REPORTER and confirmed by an MTV spokesperson. The studios are negotiating with GIRLFIGHT director Karyn Kusama to direct the live-action flick, based upon the 1995 animated series created by Peter Chung, which aired on during MTV's late night LIQUID TELEVISION block. Through her Valhalla studio from a script by Matt Manfredi and Phil Hay (crazy/beautiful), Gale Anne Hurd (THE HULK, TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES) will produce the film about the icy female superspy in an underground organization fiercely engaged on a secret mission. David Gale, EVP for MTV Films, will also produce the movie overseen by Michael Cole, VP at MTV and Valhalla exec Barbara Boyle.

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostSat Mar 22, 2003 3:46 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
hehehe, johnny, you check out the movie/tv news thread?

PostSat Mar 22, 2003 4:04 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
no... why, do we have one of those?...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostSat Mar 22, 2003 4:11 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
haha, yeah we do. it's sticky in the misc forum. it's not that this was an innapropriate thread or anything, I had a small debate with myself on where to post the last news post in the thread.

PostSat Mar 22, 2003 4:22 am
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
I don't know if anyone posted this yet becaue I only read the last page, but do any of you know what the Evangalion Renewal is? I got a couple of anime magazines giving me a tiny bit of info, but not much. They say it will have some directors cut scenes, new sound, and pictures. Someone also says that if the renewal goes well they may make a sequal or something like that....I am totally lost as to what the Renewal is except it is coming out April 30th. I can't wait though.....Help me I'm and otaku who needs info on EVA!!!!
PostTue Mar 25, 2003 8:50 pm
MarioKnight

Post subject: SM Season 1 Box announced
Yesterday after much wait and anticipation, ADV releasd their list of their releases, with Toonami vet Sailor Moon finally given a release date. After announcing that they had acquired the rights to uncut seasons 1 and 2, as well as announcing that each season would be released in a sub only box format per season, until yesterday ADV has been quiet on the boxes. The first box which will contain all 46 episodes of the first season, will be released on July 15, 2003. The box will retail at $149.98, and the 46 episodes wil be spread across 8 DVDs. Finally, Sailor Moon fans will be able to buy the first season uncut and subbed this summer. ^_^
PostWed Apr 02, 2003 12:00 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Twentieth Century Fox Home Video will release several DVD compilations of Fox-produced television series this summer and fall, including box sets of Futurama, The Family Guy and King of the Hill. All are available for preorder at Amazon.

Futurama, Vol. 2
Number of discs: 4
Suggested retail price: $49.98
Amazon price: $37.49
Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
Release date: September 2, 2003

The Family Guy, Vol. 2
Number of discs: 4
Suggested retail price: $49.98
Amazon price: $37.49
Release date: September 9, 2003

King of the Hill, Season 2
Number of discs: 3
Suggested retail price: $39.98
Amazon price: 29.99
Release date: November 11, 2003

PostWed Apr 02, 2003 12:36 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Los Angeles Japanese American Cultural and Community Center is having an Astro Boy and postwar animé and manga exhibit, co-curated by Ladd, through June 1. It features works from Tezuka Productions, including animation cels, old drawings and manuscripts. Animé scenes will be shown throughout the exhibit and on May 4, "Expedition to Mars," an "Astro Boy" episode that was thought lost, will get a special screening. For hard-core collectors, there will be vendor fairs today and May 10-11 selling animé and manga goods. Also today, the cultural center will host a birthday party for Astro Boy with cake and costumed characters.

PostSun Apr 06, 2003 5:36 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fathom Studios has released the trailer for their upcoming film Delgo. It's completely 3d and it's a fantasy action flick as far as I can tell from the trailer. This either will be a huge hit or an utter flop. Check it out at: http://www.delgo.com/

PostSun Apr 06, 2003 6:45 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nick at Nite, the evening and overnight programming arm of cable's highest-rated network, Nickelodeon, announced today that it will produce its first ever original animated series, Fatherhood. David Alan Grier ("Life With Bonnie," "DAG") has been signed to star in the series which is based on Bill Cosby's best selling book, Fatherhood (Doubleday/Dolphin). Cosby will executive produce the series for Nick at Nite along with Charles Kipps ("Little Bill," "Cosby Mysteries," "Law & Order") and David Brokaw ("Little Bill").

"We are thrilled and honored to join forces with America's most beloved and creative funnyman for the network's first original project," said Larry W. Jones, EVP and GM of Nick at Nite. "We've been looking for an original property much like The Cosby Show, that truly fits the Nick at Nite family viewing brand. What better way to launch our first original series than with an original Cosby gem."

Each installment of the animated series will be a comedic yet insightful journey that features the challenges, life lessons and comical confusions of family life. David Alan Grier will star as the voice of "Dr. Bindlebeep," a high school teacher, loving husband and father of three. The series is scheduled to premiere in December 2003 on the network.

PostMon Apr 07, 2003 11:16 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Gah! David Allen Grier is NOT FUNNY! GRRRR!

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Apr 08, 2003 6:06 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sitting Ducks, the story of an unlikely friendship between a duck and an alligator, will air weekday mornings at 8:30 am (ET/PT). Pecola, a gentle CGI-animated series starring a mischievous penguin, will air weekday mornings at 10 am (ET/PT).

Sitting Ducks is inspired by Michael Bedard's internationally known series of airbrushed paintings, posters and books. This series, created using CGI technology for a smooth, three-dimensional look, follows the adventures of Bill, a duck, and Aldo, an alligator. Though they live at opposite ends of the food chain, Bill and Aldo have a remarkable friendship. Bill's neighbors in idyllic Ducktown, Ed, Oly and Waddle, often drag the mismatched duo into wacky, and sometimes dangerous, adventures. Aldo shows remarkable restraint and patience with his feathered friends, but other gators, who reside in neighboring Swampwood, are more interested in ducks as snacks than as pals. Cartoon Network has acquired twenty-six half-hour episodes of Sitting Ducks .

Cube Town is a tiny, perfect place where everything is square - the buildings, the parks, even the residents. The only thing slightly off-kilter is Pecola, a curious and eager little penguin. Whether he's trying to help the local mail carrier win a big award or generating some excitement for Cube City's fire department, Pecola is always in the middle of the action. While he may be mischievous, Pecola always has the best intentions. Cartoon Network has acquired 26 half-hour episodes of Pecola, which features colorful and fun CGI animation.

"Pecola and Sitting Ducks are both whimsical and sweet series that feature popular CGI animation. We think they'll be perfect additions to our weekday morning line-up," said Jim Samples, Cartoon Network general manager and executive vice president. "Pecola is gentle and colorful, perfect for 10 am, when we have a younger audience tuning in. Sitting Ducks has a wry bite that will satisfy viewers at 8:30 am every weekday."

PostThu Apr 10, 2003 10:36 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The SOUTH PARK boys learn about the politics of war and the consequences of homework in the 100th episode, "I'm A Little Bit Country," which premiered at 10:00 pm April 9, 2003 on COMEDY CENTRAL and with repeats at 12:00 am on April 11, at 10:30 p.m. on April 12, as well as 2:00 a.m. and at 11:00 pm on April 13. Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman join in anti-war protests in order to get out of school and find themselves in the middle of the opposing sides of the war issue. Mr. Garrison, an extreme supporter of the war, retaliates by assigning them book reports on the country's founding fathers. In a flashback, Cartman travels back to 1776 where he plays an important role in the historic signing of the Declaration of Independence. Legendary television producer Norman Lear (ALL IN THE FAMILY) collaborated with creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker on this episode and several other ones this season. Lear championed the idea because of his passion to inspire young people to participate in civic activism. As one of the sole owners of an original copy of the Declaration of Independence, Lear sponsors a national tour for people to view the historic document. Launched in 1997, SOUTH PARK remains the highest-rated series on COMEDY CENTRAL. Parker and Stone are co-creators and executive producers of the Emmy-nominated SOUTH PARK, with Anne Garefino also serving as executive producer.

PostThu Apr 10, 2003 10:40 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
A link to the teaser trailer for NOCTURNA, an animated feature being produced in Spain for '04 release.

PostThu Apr 10, 2003 10:42 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21

Jump to: