нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Samurai Champloo
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Samurai Champloo
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: Samurai Champloo
We used to have these threads where we discussed a show each week after a new episode was shown. I feel that Samurai Champloo deserves this treatment.

Why?

Just saw my first full episode and HOLY CRAP it was liquid bad ass. One of hte most badass things I have ever seen. Rarely do I see one episode and become so engorssed so entirely so quickly.

BADASS.

I'm so happy that such shows of badassitude exist.

I'm just giddy.

GIDDY.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat May 14, 2005 11:36 pm
D-boy

Post subject:
I missed the first episode, but caught yesterday's. Badass indeed. but the rewind thing got kind of annoying. The fighting was great though.
PostSun May 15, 2005 8:23 am
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Well, the one thing that's really surprised me is how lax WS has been lately WRT content - last week's FMA had Ed spouting some profanity (including a well timed "Screw you" that would have been tamed a year ago), and then you have the utterly blood-soaked and debauched Samurai Champloo - I mean, we had an almost-admission of an offer of prostitution, not to mention enough of the red stuff to stock a bloodmobile or three...

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostSun May 15, 2005 9:00 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i was pleasantly suprised with how the first episode turned out...i'd always been on the fence about this series because of its description being a 'hip-hop infused samurai western', but from the card after the "this is a work of fiction" (something like "who cares? now shut up and watch!"), i was sucked in...

i'll be following this series throughout the summer without a doubt...

counterparadox wrote:
We used to have these threads where we discussed a show each week after a new episode was shown.

yea, that's because people used to discuss new episodes of shows around here...hopefully we can start that up again...
PostSun May 15, 2005 9:32 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm all for it, JJc, assuming I'll catch the episodes. I was just so enthralled last night. I even enjoyed the "rewind" thing. The turn-table cuts, as I'll refer to them, were really interesting from an editing standpoint. It's the type of cut I would make given the right situation and the software . . .

PostSun May 15, 2005 12:09 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
D-boy wrote:
I missed the first episode, but caught yesterday's.

That was the first episode.
Quote:
Badass indeed. but the rewind thing got kind of annoying.

Thankfully, they don't do that again, although I did like how they scratched out Jin's "shit" in the one scene.
PostTue May 17, 2005 1:42 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I loved the comedy in this.

"This work of fiction is not an accurate historical portrayal.
Like we care. Just shut up and enjoy the show."

"One day earlier..." (Goes back at least 100 years.)

(while burning in flames) "Goddamnit, that's cold!"

Laughing This is great stuff.
PostTue May 17, 2005 2:12 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Having now watched the first 4 episodes. I can also say the rewind thing doesn't show up again. As well as there doesn't appear to be that much cut out of the CN version.

But to be the rewind thing was the hook. After that the show becomes a normal.. well normal being a mix of Trigun + Bebop + Samurai X mixed in show.

Still a good addition to the channel. And I will go back and rewatch them with the english dub over the subtitled ones Im watching now because I like the voices better.

Which I havent done with FMA because the voice of the Major is hugely annoying in the english version. And hes far more manly in the original japanese. Which is saying a lot.

BTW I wouldnt have TiVO'ed this episode if it hadnt been for it coming up on this forum. I mean it is an odd title for a show. Right up there with Cowboy Bebop for odd names in my mind at least. But if Watanbe directed it im going to sit down and watch it.

Should we do an episode breakdown like we did for Big O season 2?
PostWed May 18, 2005 2:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok so now im up to episode 8. The rewind does make a comeback for an episode.

But Im wandering how CN will broadcast the shows. One show has a central theme around prostitution to pay off debts. Another one revolves around homosexuality. Ok blood is one thing to fix. But its a complete other when its plot thats the issue. And the main plot of an episode.

Only time will tell. Its still a damned good series to watch.
PostFri May 20, 2005 7:46 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Last nights had some themes and dialouge I'm extremely amazed aired. I'm guessing that since Adult Swim became it's own seperate network from CN they have more control over what they had to edit or possibly have laxer standards. The homosexual innuendo in the bath, the heterosexual innuendo and very close to action in the house with Mugen and the ho are two things that would have cut out completely a year ago. The profanities flowed freely and if there was anything cut out of this episode I didn't notice it.
PostSun May 22, 2005 10:31 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah its interesting to watch this one unfold in its uncut subbed version and the CN dub version. So far the two are extremely close. I'll rewatch ep2 again to see if i can find much difference.

There is a whole later episode divoted to a prostitute again as well. Maybe CN is just seeing how far they can push things.

BTW im up to ep 11 and its still a damned good series. The characters still need some depth even at this point of ep 11. But there are some plot points working themselves out. And the main one is still going. I just hope the payoff in 26 is worth it. After the last episode of Neon Genesis and FMA Im starting to approach the final episodes with fear
PostSun May 22, 2005 11:05 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, the final ep of Cowboy Bebop is both my most, and least, favorite. So for some reason, I'm not worried about this series ending poorly.

PostMon May 23, 2005 12:25 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I agree that the last episode of Bebop was good. And since this is another Watanbe anime we should be ok.

Im just remembering how Trigun was seen as to violent for Toonami and was moved to AS because of that. But this is a much different anime then Trigun. Ep 11 has a lot of bloodflowing and CN has been known to digitally remove blood for the broadcasts. But in this episode it has to stay because otherwise you can't explain whats happening or why.

Its also cool that the order of monks Krillian belongs to makes an appearance Smile

Edit - just watched the AS version of ep2 and it looks like everything was there including the blood.
PostMon May 23, 2005 7:23 am
idababrian

Post subject:
I finished all 26 episodes, and lets just say u wont be dissapointed Cool
PostMon May 23, 2005 6:47 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Last nights had some themes and dialouge I'm extremely amazed aired. I'm guessing that since Adult Swim became it's own seperate network from CN they have more control over what they had to edit or possibly have laxer standards. The homosexual innuendo in the bath, the heterosexual innuendo and very close to action in the house with Mugen and the ho are two things that would have cut out completely a year ago. The profanities flowed freely and if there was anything cut out of this episode I didn't notice it.

Ha! If you're amazed that aired, wait till you see paranoia agent. God, I still don't know how they gonna put that off.
PostMon May 23, 2005 7:15 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: