нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Where Nobu and Dill obsess over Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Where Nobu and Dill obsess over Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discloner

Post subject:
Bah. Smarty pants. Very Happy
PostTue Mar 30, 2004 5:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Still waiting for synopses. In the meantime, some screenshots, courtesy of a fine member of the AFC.
And here. (scroll down)
And here.

--> All with spoileriffic commentary interspersed throughout. <--
PostSun Apr 04, 2004 4:29 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, after a week of waiting, i decided to try to write my own synopsis. After getting some "help" with the Japanese dialogue, I sat down and started to summarize the episode. 4 hours and 4 pages of text later, I finished. I'm working on winnowing it down even further, but thought I'd share some of it now. So without further ado, except for the obligatory spoiler warning, Here's part 1:

*Opening with an establishing shot of the Masaki house at night, we cut to Tenchi sleeping. His forehead starts to glow with a white light, and it seems to cause him some stress (sweating, mild groaning). Then we see that someone is watching over him as this is occurring. As we cut to a viewpoint through the doorway to Tenchi's room, we can see that someone is Noike.

Next morning, Tenchi's sitting on the back porch, getting ready for another day in the fields by tying his shoes while Ryoko, Aeka and Mihoshi all try to talk to him about his sudden engagement. Sasami comments to Washu on the side, "Grandmother sure likes to toss pebbles into the pond to watch the ripples spread out." Noike walks out from the kitchen, and seeing Tenchi bent over, asks him if he's feeling alright. Ryoko starts to object, saying she's trying to talk to Tenchi right now, but Tenchi, unconscious, collapses and sprawls out on the ground.

Roll opening credits.

Next scene has Tenchi in bed with Washu's yellow physical scan 'bot on top of his head. Washu says it's been unseasonably hot lately, and Tenchi has a mild case of heat stroke, along with stress and fatigue. She figures he'll be okay in about three days. Meanwhile the terrible trio are hovering over him and getting in Washu's way, so she pushes them out of the room, saying it'll take longer for him to recover if they don't get out. Washu turns to Noike and states she understands that Noike is a licensed nurse, so Washu tells her to take care of Tenchi. The other three starts to object, and Washu loses her patience, and tells them to stop whining and go do something they're capable of doing. Ryoko starts to say something, and Washu loses her temper and orders them to get lost.

Noike sits at Tenchi's bedside pondering the meaning of her recurring nightmare. Tenchi wakes up and starts to get out of bed. Noike tells Tenchi that Washu ordered him to rest for three days, and that he needn't worry about the household chores or fieldwork. Tenchi starts to object, but Noike makes it clear that "nurse's orders" are to be obeyed. She offers to help him change clothes, but he bashfully says he can do it himself. Noike tucks him back into bed afterwards, and says to let her know if he needs anything. When she opens the door, Ryo-oh-ki (in child form) and Sasami are standing there, worried. Noike asks what's wrong, and Ryo-oh-ki starts to explain (by meowing). Noike reassures Ryo-oh-ki that Tenchi's fatigue isn't caused by working her carrot fields, and that he'll have help tending them from now on. Ryo-oh-ki cheers up at this news.

Next scene: Noike is scrubbing Tenchi's clothes in a washtub. Ryoko, who's been sweeping the yard, sidles up and asks if Tenchi's all right. Noike says he'll be fine, but he needs his rest. Ryoko wants to see him, but Noike continues with the company line that he won't get better if he's disturbed. Ryoko shuffles off, sweeping. Then it's Aeka's turn. After telling her the same thing, Noike asks if Aeka could take over the laundry, as she needs to go do fieldwork. Aeka happily agrees.

Noike tells Sasami that she's going to the shrine to speak to Katsuhito, and then go tend the fields. Noike invites Ryo-oh-ki to tag along, and Sasami says she'll make some snacks for them. Noike then tells Sasami that it won't be necessary for her to prepare a dinner plate for Tenchi tonight. Sasami is disappointed, but Noike let's her in on a secret: Washu is exaggerating the extent of Tenchi's illness to keep the other girls from making too much fuss and bothering Tenchi. Could Sasami keep up the pretense in her absence? Sasami says she understands. (note: this appeals to Sasami's sense of pulling practical-jokes)

Noike visits Washu's lab and asks Washu to watch over the house while she's in the fields. Washu says "Sure. Oh by the way, could I run physical checkup on you? Since you fainted when Tenchi first met you, and he was worried." Noike says that's fine, but only if Washu doesn't turn her into one of her guinea pigs. Washu bristles and turns to say something, but Noike's already stepping out the door.

While Noike and Ryo-oh-ki walk away from the house, Mihoshi leans out an upper-floor window and asks if Tenchi's going to be all right. Noike yells at her to NOT EVEN THINK of going into Tenchi's room. Mihoshi, cowering, sheepishly says, "Okay..." Noike turns back around, and Ryo-oh-ki sticks her head out of the bushes she was hiding in while Noike was yelling at Mihoshi.

When they get to the shrine, Noike serves Katsuhito some tea while briefing him on Tenchi's condition. Katsuhito apologizes for causing all the trouble, and Noike says it's all right. Katsuhito then says he understands it's her job to keep Tenchi and the others under surveillance for Seto, but he wouldn't if she decided to keep to her cover story. Noike, surprised that he knows her true purpose, blushes a little at the suggestion of actually becoming Tenchi's fiancée. Putting that aside for the moment, Noike has a favor to ask...

(to be continued...)
This is the first time I've ever done one, so feedback is appreciated.
Too much information for a simple synopsis? Needs encrypted to avoid spoilers? Let me know.
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 2:54 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good work Nobu *huggles* thankyou!

It seems like the girls from your description are only being comic relief so far...I want Ryoko to get serious and rescue someone or do something already...
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 1:00 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
It seems like the girls from your description are only being comic relief so far...I want Ryoko to get serious and rescue someone or do something already...

The situation hasn't called for it...yet.
So far this series has been light on action, yet heavy on visuals, backstory, exposition, and especially dialogue (my particular stumbling point). Wink

And now, Part 2:
*A montage of scenes follow, from Noike and Ryo-oh-ki walking home from the fields at sunset, to Noike taste-testing the dinner preparations, to Noike upbraiding Mihoshi about her terrible table manners (apparently one of her pet peeves), and Noike looking in on Tenchi. The next day's montage of laundry drying, Aeka sweeping the yard while Ryoko's...um…not, the near-fight that follows (broken up by Noike merely walking past), to Noike tilling the field at sunset.

That night, Ryoko and Aeka are having drinks in Ryoko's "room" and talking to each other about the Noike situation, how a "stranger" is moving in and taking over. Ryoko concedes that even though if Noike wasn't there, the girls would just be causing trouble for Tenchi in his current condition. Aeka says she can see why Seto chose Noike. Ryoko responds, "What? You mean we're not worthy?" Aeka says Noike is the official fiancée, after all. Noike pipes up from the shadows that it's all a pretext. She then apologizes for overhearing their conversation, and thanks them for their hard work that day. Ryoko asks if Noike's got their replacements picked yet. Noike tells them the truth, that being Tenchi's fiancée is only a cover story for keeping tabs on the household for Jurai's behalf. Ryoko and Aeka are surprised, so Noike explains there is an uncontrollable assembly of military might (that’s not allied to any nation) in the Masaki household: Ryoko and Ryo-oh-ki, Aeka and her tree Ryu-oh, Tsunami (the original tree-ship), Mihoshi (of the powerful Kuramitsu family) and Washu, the creator of Ryo-oh-ki, the ship that held off Jurai's entire fleet by herself. Is it any wonder Jurai wants to keep them under surveillance? (Note: this conversation should sound familiar to people who've seen episode 13)
Besides, Noike continues, under certain situations, she might have to oppose Tenchi, something the other two aren't capable of. This catches Ryoko’s and Aeka’s attention. Noike wishes them a good night and continues on her way, saying Tenchi will be back to normal tomorrow, and could they please work hard again? As Noike's walking away, Ryoko remarks to Aeka that Noike is a good person after all. Noike stops and asks, "By the way, please remember to put your cups in the sink when you’re done drinking." Washu, who's been eavesdropping from the bottom of the stairs, remarks to herself that Noike might make a formidable opponent.

The next morning, Tenchi, now well-rested, wakes up bright and early. Noike is asleep in her chair at Tenchi's bedside. Tenchi smiles, and Noike starts to talk in her sleep, saying "No! Don't! Help me!" Tenchi reaches out for her, and she starts to wake up, still talking and saying, "Big brother!" Tenchi asks if she's all right. Noike asks if she was talking in her sleep again, and Tenchi tells her what she was saying. She gets embarrassed and apologizes for falling asleep on watch. She asks how he's feeling. He says he feels fine, but he's worried about her. She brushes it off, and invites him to breakfast aboard her ship. She has someone she wants to introduce to him.

(to be continued)
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
thanks for the summary!
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 6:25 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Part the 3rd:

*Onboard the ship's subspace area (it's huge!) Noike and Tenchi ride hover disks to the planting unit, where a small sapling (barely a foot tall) sits in the center. Noike introduces the tree as Kyouko, and Tenchi greets it with a, "Konichiwa, Kyouko-chan." He's then treated to a light show by Kyouko, and Noike remarks that Kyouko's excited to have a visitor, since she's a top-secret that only Royals can approach, and only with special permission. Tenchi asks if it's all right for him to be there. Noike says it's okay, since he's an even higher-class secret for Jurai.
Tenchi: “What? I’m a secret?�

Floating down the moat that surrounds the central tree, Noike and Tenchi have breakfast. Tenchi remarks that it tastes different than Sasami's cooking, and it's kind of nostalgic. Noike says that Reia taught her how to flavor things to Tenchi's liking, and that she promised to teach Noike some more dishes in the future. As part of their conversation, Tenchi asks her about the recurring dream, as he's still worried about her. She says she's had the dream since she was little; she's saved in the nick of time by someone she can't see clearly. While they're talking, a little green bouncy ball (resembling a mass unit) comes up and jumps on the table. Noike scolds it, calling it "Kyouko". Tenchi asks about this. Noike explains that it's a control unit in the same manner that Ryo-oh-ki is. Noike asks if Tenchi would be interested in a bath after they finish eating. She's quite proud of her bathhouse.

Tenchi teleports into the bath unit, located high in another tree; it has a great scenic view overlooking the subspace area. Tenchi is amazed at the view. Noike teleports in (wearing only a towel) and offers to scrub his back for him. He tries to refuse, but she'll have none of it and pulls him to the pool area. Afterwards, they sit soaking in the pool, separated by about ten feet or so. Noike asks if he would like to move closer. Tenchi gets embarrassed. Noike starts to talk about the women that have surrounded Tenchi. She says at first, she had wondered what kind of person this prince of Jurai was to attract them. Tenchi says he just an earthling. Noike says his situation suggests otherwise. Tenchi states he's really just a normal high school student. After a pause, Tenchi asks if she was disappointed by what she found. She says in her imagination, she would have been disappointed; in reality, she's actually relieved (that he's so normal). She blushes, and at this point, Kyouko causes a flood of water to wash Tenchi out to the middle of the pool while bringing water down on top of Noike's head. Noike scolds Kyouko again, and swims out to where Tenchi is. Tenchi asked what happened, and Noike says Kyouko must have gotten jealous because Tenchi stopped paying attention to her. Tenchi apologizes. Noike explains that Kyouko is a prototype for the new 3rd-generation battleships. Prototype?

Once they’re out of the water, Noike goes on to explain that 3rd-generation ships generally are more powerful than any other nation's battleships. Jurai was content in that fact until Ryoko's attack 700 years ago. During the attack, only Aeka's 2nd-generation ship (Note: the only one at Jurai then) was able to fight against Ryo-oh-ki; the 3rd-generations were simply outclassed. She goes on to explain that 2nd-generation ships are rare, and there's currently only one 1st-generation ship: King Azusa's Kirito. So Kyouko is Jurai's effort to coax more power from the 3rd-gen. ships; Kyouko is almost as powerful as a 2nd-gen. ship, that's why she's so secret.

Noike also informs Tenchi that Seto is dropping by tomorrow and she'll make her report then. Noike says she feels sorry for what she put Ryoko and the others through, but it should still be a favorable report. After a pause, Noike blushes, and tells Tenchi the person who saves her in her dream looks a lot like him.

(to be continued [concluded?]...)
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 8:00 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobu you make such great reports! thanks
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 7:55 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
Nobu you make such great reports! thanks

I dunno, I think there's still too many details...anyway, time to go fourth with the conclusion:

The next morning, Noike drives up to the house in her new pickup. Tenchi runs up to the truck as she climbs out of the cab, with her hair cropped short. Mihoshi says she looks like the Noike-chan of old. Tenchi asks why. Noike explains that before Seto adopted her, she always wore her hair this way. Noike asks if Tenchi disapproves. He says no, it looks good on her (ever the gentleman). She says long hair would have just gotten in the way of her helping in the fieldwork anyway. Aeka shows concern (Note: it goes against Kamiki family tradition to wear her hair differently). Noike says she can just wear a wig when she visits Jurai. As for the truck, she had asked Katsuhito to buy it to help Tenchi with his farm work. Ryoko and Aeka volunteer to help in the fields too. Ryoko states that Aeka meant she'd have her "logs" help, so it wouldn't be like she's actually doing any work. Aeka counters that Ryoko would have just summoned one of her monsters instead of actually working, herself. Argument starts. Noike interrupts, saying she'll teach Ryoko and Aeka to drive, so they can take turns helping that way. Ryoko and Aeka thank her for the kind offer. Mihoshi pipes up that she knows how to drive. Noike snaps, "Don't you even touch it!" Washu comments that a formidable foe has indeed arrived.

Meanwhile, on a faraway planet, a large globe-shaped ship (think Death Star) is passing by; you can see it through the planet's atmosphere. Z watches it fly by, immensely satisfied with himself.

(Note: I love this next bit. I had to quote it entirely)
At GP headquarters, the Marshal is having a discussion with one of his officers. The junior officer (apparently a fleet commander) is objecting to the Marshal launching ships without his permission. Marshal Kuramitsu states it's a Kuramitsu ship and he can anything with it he pleases. The Commander objects again, saying that Misao and the others are currently on duty, that this is gross insubordination. The Marshal laughs, saying he's already approved their vacation permits. The Commander is pissed, he asks the Marshal to explain exactly why he needs the "Chobi Maru" to simply pick up Mihoshi. The Marshal says, "I don't know what you're talking about."
The Commander says he knew the Marshal and Misao were up to no good, but he didn't think they'd do anything this stupid. The Marshal demands an explanation of what he means by that. Is he just supposed to sit around and watch Mihoshi become unhappy? And if that happens again, then Mihoshi will... Mihoshi... he can't finish the thought.
The Commander states, "Just as I thought. You're sending it to Earth." The Marshal realizes his slip-up and starts to backtrack. The Commander continues, "So you intend to eliminate the Earth, along with the King of Jurai's great grandson and the rest of his family, after you get Mihoshi back? I'm dumbfounded beyond words."
"Shut up. Why don't you go plan a war with Jurai or something."
"Marshal, you realize there's an early-stage civilization on that planet."
"What do you mean?"
"So this the peak of an old man's idiocy..." The Commander turns and continues speaking, as if to himself. "Well, no matter how careless he is, Misao should be able to notice when he gets near the Earth. I hope he doesn't anger his opponent..."
The Marshal scoffs, "The Chobi Maru is too powerful to be threatened by the planet of an early civilization. It's the Kuramitsu family's newest battleship, after all. It can hold off your entire First Fleet by itself." The Marshal starts laughing.
The Commander continues, "By the way, there was a message from Mikami-sama."
"What? My sister knows about this?"
"It must be blissful to be oblivious to the fact that she'd find out. She said, 'I'll cover the cost of reconstructing the Chobi Maru by selling off one of his garden planets.' (note: insert name here) "
"What? That's my favorite! No, before that! What does she mean 'reconstruction'?"
"It's alright. Seto said she'd buy it."
"What? You mean you even told Jurai's Devil Princess..."
"She already knew about it. She said, ' I'll just sit back and observe. Oh, ho, ho.' Just like that. I have to go prepare a rescue squadron now, so..."
The Commander walks out of the office.
The Marshal slumps across his desk.

Cut to a large metallic structure floating above an ocean in subspace. It's the bridge of the Chobi Maru. Standing on the bridge is a man who looks almost exactly like Mihoshi. In his imagination there is an image of Mihoshi, looking lifeless, and like she's been dissected.
He thinks to himself, his emotions rising, "Sister. I will protect you. I swore I would protect you. I've worked hard to become a man who can protect you! I won't let anyone have you! Just you wait, Tenchi!"

And the Chobi Maru flies through space, towards Earth.

Run ending credits.

Now it's time to sit back and wait, again. *sigh*
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 1:55 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
woah, and you did this all from the japanese? Impressive! Thanks nobu!
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 2:12 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
dillpops wrote:
woah, and you did this all from the japanese? Impressive!

Umm...no. ^_^:::
Like I said in the first part, I found a "group" of people had already translated the episode. Wink Wink
I just managed to obtain a copy of their translation.
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 2:52 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
oops! Sorry! Yeah, I figured it was hard, I can only get words here and there when I listen to japanese...
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 6:42 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
*stunned silence* Okay, now things are heating up.

First thing's first, my hat goes off to you Nobu, for your efforts on behalf of us who have no access to the new OVAs yet. I shall carve your name into a mountainside so that future generations will know of your charity and sacrifice! Now where's my chisel and hammer?

Second: The internal politics of Jurai persist. That Seto sure knows how to mettle with things. But I can't tell at this point if that's Noike's only purpose, or if she actually cares about Tenchi.

Third: For those who never thought Mihoshi was a viable part of the household, or was merely comic relief, I have only three words *deep breath*: CHOKE ON IT! Our beloved Miho is far, far more than she appears and may actually get the screen time she deserves next ep.! REJOICE!

Finally: Holy Hell! Tenchi Vs. the Chobi Maru?! This looks like a no-win scenrio! (I know, I know. Bad pun and it's a thinker, but somebody had to say it.)
PostMon Apr 12, 2004 8:12 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
You're both welcome. I'm still open to constructive criticism though. And I still think I went overboard with the details, but there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff to cover here.
Rycel wrote:

Second: The internal politics of Jurai persist. That Seto sure knows how to mettle with things. But I can't tell at this point if that's Noike's only purpose, or if she actually cares about Tenchi.

I love the way Seto operates.
The Jurai element is one of my favorite fascinations about the entire series. The fun part of the conversations between the Juraian royals is trying to figure out who's lying to whom, because they're all such good diplomats. Wink

Quote:
Third: For those who never thought Mihoshi was a viable part of the household, or was merely comic relief, I have only three words *deep breath*: CHOKE ON IT! Our beloved Miho is far, far more than she appears and may actually get the screen time she deserves next ep.! REJOICE!

Amen, true believers! In all the other forums I frequent, I've been saying that I hope Mihoshi gets the spotlight role in defusing the situation.

Quote:
Finally: Holy Hell! Tenchi Vs. the Chobi Maru?! This looks like a no-win scenrio! (I know, I know. Bad pun and it's a thinker, but somebody had to say it.)

The geek in me picked up the reference immediately. Laughing
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 2:42 am
Fireswarm

Post subject: Seto is an intresting factor.
It sort of some major factors in play. First is Lady Tokemi and her role in this, especially with Z in the background is Z pulling GP's strings. Then we have Lady Seto and her role with the GP and Noike's role in Masaki household, has Seto sent Noike to neutralize Mihoshi and on the other hand make Mihoshi misrable and then use the GP to attack Tenchi. We also have Galaxy Police 's role in this, since Mihoshi's brother and the GrandMarshal are worried about Mihoshi, either by outside forces or fears. I don't know about Asuka's role since he may want Yosho to take over and is probably angry that his daughters have a thing for thier great-nephew Shocked . I have a felling Washu may have caught on to this, but the next episode will be intresting non the less.
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 4:40 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 18 of 26

Jump to: