нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Friday Night Fix (UPDATE^2: 24/7 on 03/27!)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Friday Night Fix (UPDATE^2: 24/7 on 03/27!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Friday Night Fix (UPDATE^2: 24/7 on 03/27!)
Well, another Dragon*Con has come and gone, and here's the big report on the AS panel:

livingfruitvirus wrote:
WHO CAME: Kim Manning, Les Harper, Casey Willis, Ned Hastings, Jay Edwards, Hamid Raoof, Swim Buddha

WHAT THEY SHOWED: Robot Chicken, Harvey Birdman, the ATHF Movie, Boondocks, Lucy, 12 oz. Mouse, Squidbillies, Perfect Hair Forever, Moral Orel, Minoriteam, Fullmetal Alchemist, GitS 2nd Gig, Samurai Champloo, Evangelion

INTERESTING TIDBITS:

* The Lucy pilot will premiere on Halloween. That's a Monday.
* Moral Orel has been delayed to 2006.
* The Brak Show Vol. 2 DVD still up in the air.
* 12 oz. Mouse will now be 10 episodes.
* Friday Night Fix will contain premiere episodes before they hit the air.
* One anime series is expected to air subtitled. Series not mentioned.

* Minoriteam will still air in 2006.
* Definitely no more Mission Hill. Buy the DVD.
* Inuyasha will stop at episode 126 this season. The rest won't be available until 2006.
* Bruce Campbell, Tom Cruise, and Brad Pitt were approached to be the 4th Aqua Teen in the ATHF Movie. The character only has a couple lines. Cruise and Pitt both turned it down, and Bruce has yet to respond.
* The ATHF Movie will be taken on a college tour to test it. Assuming how well it draws, it'll expand into more screens. They're making some 35 mm film prints for it.

Edit - I want to add a clarification about Friday Night Fix. They will NOT stream acquired programming (anime, Fox shows). They do not have the legal rights to do so. This may also apply to 3rd party produced shows like Home Movies and The Boondocks.

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=149240

Hm... Bruce (possibly) in ATHF? AS on Fridays? Subtitled anime? This is most interesting... Wink

Last edited by Daikun on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Sep 03, 2005 4:46 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Airing something subtitled? That could be nice.
PostSat Sep 03, 2005 5:01 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Good news is always welcome.
PostSat Sep 03, 2005 9:22 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Airing something subtitled?

Nobuyuki, I do believe I have at least implied this would never happen, as it closes off the show to anyone not already interested in anime. If you'd like, you are welcome to find my words, so that I may eat them. You may aslo select the most tender peice of roadkilled crow for which to garnish it.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Sep 03, 2005 9:30 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:

Nobuyuki, I do believe I have at least implied this would never happen, as it closes off the show to anyone not already interested in anime.

Who knows maybe it could be something they already aired or an anime that already has a large US fanbase.
PostSat Sep 03, 2005 9:54 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
So wait....what's gonna happen with CCF?
PostSat Sep 03, 2005 10:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I knew that would come up... "Friday Night Fix" is an online presentation offered only on Friday nights to broadband customers who've signed up on the official [as] Community forums, not on your TV.
I don't know too many other details, and it hasn't started yet.

counterparadox wrote:

Nobuyuki, I do believe I have at least implied this would never happen, as it closes off the show to anyone not already interested in anime. If you'd like, you are welcome to find my words, so that I may eat them. You may aslo select the most tender peice of roadkilled crow for which to garnish it.

I can't find it, although Andro used to say similar things that you (and I) tended to at least passively agree with. Wink
PostSat Sep 03, 2005 10:55 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
By definition, isn't a 'sub' merely the original language track something was recorded for?

I can just foresee this all being one big laugh on the part of Williams Street, as they would go about advertising something like "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust" subbed, which would mean it was airing in English...
PostSun Sep 04, 2005 6:44 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
By definition, isn't a 'sub' merely the original language track something was recorded for?

Nope, sub is just short for subtitle which is

Quote:
a printed statement or fragment of dialogue appearing on the screen between the scenes of a silent motion picture or appearing as a translation at the bottom of the screen during the scenes of a motion picture or television show in a foreign language.

Quoted from Webster

PostSun Sep 04, 2005 7:42 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe viewers will be very lucky and Evangelion will be the anime to air subtitled.
PostSun Sep 04, 2005 10:52 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
JJc14 wrote:

Nope, sub is just short for subtitle which is

Quote:
a printed statement or fragment of dialogue appearing on the screen between the scenes of a silent motion picture or appearing as a translation at the bottom of the screen during the scenes of a motion picture or television show in a foreign language.

Quoted from Webster

Damn Webster, thinks he's so smart...

Alright then, assuming they were to air something that wasn't in English, do you think it'd be given a timeslot before 5 AM? I mean, the English-translated stuff hasn't exactly been raking in the big ratings on a consistent basis as-is...
PostMon Sep 05, 2005 10:30 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:

Alright then, assuming they were to air something that wasn't in English, do you think it'd be given a timeslot before 5 AM? I mean, the English-translated stuff hasn't exactly been raking in the big ratings on a consistent basis as-is..

I would think they would give it a chance at an earlier timeslot 1st. It's no use in trying some thing new and put it on that late at night.
PostMon Sep 05, 2005 10:59 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toon Zone has the schedule for Friday Night Fix.

Quote:
AdultSwim.com will offer select Adult Swim content on the internet with Friday Night Fix, Cartoon Network said today. The new service will launch on Friday, September 16.

The lineup will be available from 11:00pm to 6:00am (ET) every Friday night, with episodes refreshing weekly. Offerings will include seven or more episodes of Adult Swim original comedies, including favorite episodes of current series, fan requests, and previews of episodes scheduled to debut the following Sunday.

Cartoon Network also released the Friday Night Fix schedule for the first month.

* Friday, September 16: Stroker & Hoop, Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, The Venture Bros., Sealab 2021, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
* Friday, September 23: Stroker & Hoop, Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, The Venture Bros., Sealab 2021, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
* Friday, September 30: The Boondocks, Stroker & Hoop, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, The Venture Bros., Sealab 2021, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
* Friday, October 7: The Boondocks, Stroker & Hoop, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, The Venture Bros., Sealab 2021, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast

PostTue Sep 06, 2005 6:12 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Some updated news on Friday Night Fix: Action is coming to FNF!

Quote:
Starting Friday, Feb. 3, Friday Night Fix will add its first taste of action to the lineup by premiering episodes of Samurai Champloo six days before they air. (!) Directed by Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop fame, Samurai Champloo is the tale of Mugen, Jin and Fuu, three travelers in search of a samurai who smells of sunflowers, backed by hip-hop music and modern style. The first episode to be shown online will be number twenty-two, "The Cosmic Collisions."

Source: AS.com
PostWed Jan 25, 2006 2:14 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Put up on the [as] News section:

Adult Swim "Fix" Goes 24/7
02/14/2006

On Monday, March 27, AdultSwim.com will launch Adult Swim Fix, streaming full-length episodes twenty-four hours a day online. Seven archival episodes will be available at all times, while premieres will continue to debut on Fridays, two days before they appear on-air.

A full schedule is forthcoming.

:edit: As Daikun has pointed out, March 27th is a Monday. [as] has made the correction to their announcement.
PostTue Feb 14, 2006 8:06 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: