нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Movie/TV News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Movie/TV News
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: Movie/TV News
Quote:
You may have heard that eight-limbed villain Doc Ock will menace Spider-Man in 2004's The Amazing Spider-Man, the sequel to this summer's $400 million comic-book blockbuster. (Not to mention the flick's record-breaking DVD/VHS debut this week: The webbed wonder took in $190 million its first three days in stores, nearly double the gross of the top 10 movies in theaters at the same time. Obviously, Spider-Man is Hollywood's superhero of the bottom line.)

But who will be the supervillain behind Doc's mask? You'll never believe what I've been hearing.

Early reports had suggested Vincent D'Onofrio would play Dr. Octopus alongside teen webslinger Tobey Maguire, girl-next-door Kirsten Dunst and "pal" James Franco when the movie goes before Sam Raimi's cameras in February. D'Onofrio is now on the back burner because, I'm told, the filmmakers want Doc Ock to be as scary without his helmet as he is with it on.

My Spidey sense tells me their first choice is...Robert De Niro.

I know. But try to remain calm, Spidey fans. It's not so far-fetched. Remember, Jack Nicholson played the Joker in Batman. And playing Doc Ock would certainly be one way to help DeNiro break free of the tough-cop/mob-boss persona that has been typecasting him since, well, forever. If DeNiro's really smart, he'll try to get a cut of the lunch-pail money, the way Nicholson did with Batman. Ka-ching!

Should DeNiro pass on Doc Ock, I hear Raimi pal Billy Bob Thornton is on standby--just in case. Another Raimi buddy, Bruce Campbell (The Evil Dead), has already been cast as the scaly, creepy Lizard in the Spidey script under way by Michael Chabon (Wonder Boys).

Can it get any better? Bruce as a major villian! And here I thought his cameo in the first spider-man was cool! I can't wait for S2!!*hopes the lizard will utter the word "groovy" at least once*

Last edited by Spookmonkey on Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 12:58 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cool! Bruce as the Lizard! Just B-movie enough for him.
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 2:51 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yay, it's Spook!!

Anyways, I can see DeNiro as Doc Oc. Put those sunglasses on him and all you really need is a somewhat old guy with brown hair . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 3:35 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd think they'd need to work deniro out a bit to tone him up. He's got to much paunch for Doc Ock, he doesn't need to be ripped, just in better shape, Doc Ock wasn't a hugely ripped guy but he had more tone than Deniro does at the moment.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostFri Nov 08, 2002 4:17 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe so, but that's the easy part.

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 4:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
Maybe so, but that's the easy part.

true. I agree though Deniro would make an excellent Doc Ock (unlike Jack as Joker, he was jsut way to old for the part, if he had been like 15 years younger it would have been great). Anyway, today just seems like the day for Spider-Man news...

http://www.comics2film.com/StoryFrame.php?f_id=2070
Check out the new Spider series from MTV here. Weel screen caps from the Spider-Man Movie VHS tape. I'm a bit suprised they gave people a reason to buy/rent the vhs version over the the dvd.

The series looks like it's going to rock. The entire thing is cel-shaped from what I can tell and looks fantastic.

and....
The good people have released the designs for the Villians for the new TMNT series on FoxBox. I must say they look sweet. check em out at:
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/sneakpeek.html

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 4:49 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
:::drools::: The cel shaded Spiderman looks sweet . . .

As for the TMNT enemies, WHY THE HELL DID THEY CHANGE BAXTER?!?!?!!? All the other changes look pretty damn cool, but BAXTER? You don't change BAXTER.

The new TMNT better be good. Like the movies. Movies one and two are still fun to watch (Lost in Time was a downer . . . )

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 5:44 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
From what I can tell, the new TMNT is faithful to the comics not the old cartoon. Baxter was originally black but was changed for the tv series.

PostFri Nov 08, 2002 6:10 pm
AnimeArtist4

Post subject:
Very cool. I really liked the first spider man movie. I also used to read online spiderman comics. Too bad star wars III won't be competeing with spiderman 2. maybe. Star wars movies take george lucas along time.
PostSat Nov 09, 2002 11:42 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
According to Daily Variety Senior Columnist Army Archerd, Pierce Brosnan is up for further James Bond adventures beyond his fourth film in the franchise, Die Another Day, which hits theaters on November 22nd. The Irish-born actor told Archerd, "The invitation [from producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson] has been accepted." There had been much speculation that Brosnan, whose current contract is up now that DAD is completed, would move on to other things and let someone new step into the legendary secret agent role. Archerd speculates that the next film in the franchise, Bond 21, would likely start filming in early 2005.

When asked if he'll be getting a raise this time around, Brosnan says, "I would like to think that fair play will be involved. I have the highest expectation of fairness and good spirit. I have all of CAA behind me!"

Brosnan says the franchise could keep going "another 20 years," although not with him as the star. There's no word on how many films his new contract might encompass, but this should put all those post-Brosnan Bond casting rumors to rest... for now.

From the poll is seems most of you (and me) will find this delightfully good news.

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 1:11 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Anyone else think that Doc Ock looks like Elton John with muscles?
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 12:56 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
he somewhat somewhat does, thank god he won't in the new movie.

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 1:09 pm
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Anyone else think that Doc Ock looks like Elton John with muscles?

LOL he really does
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 8:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe they SHOULD get Elton John. Just have him loose a lot of weight and give him some cool shades.

PostMon Nov 11, 2002 8:45 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I already thought of a scene.

*dream*

(Spider-man is caught by Doc Oct)
Spider-man: Your torture won't hurt me!

Doctor: Yes, it will! Ha ha ha!

(Pulls out a piano)

(Starts to sing)

Spider-man: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
PostMon Nov 11, 2002 9:04 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: